Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! (77188 Views)

India Vs Nigeria: 99-1 / Football Match INDIA VS NIGERIA: 99-1 ? / INDIA Vs NIGERIA 99-1 Abeg, Who Watch Am? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by davotico: 8:25pm On Feb 21, 2009
even if its juju india used 9ja get juju wey worst pass their own e.g okija shrine go finish them one time before dey go fit even kick the ball talk of scoring 99 ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by shakamc(m): 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2009
i heard this story when i was young, i grew up in enugu and was so scared of indians since then but not anymore, lol
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by champredd(m): 6:14pm On Feb 22, 2009
I also heard the story, it still passing around among kids.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by TeleFunmi: 8:06pm On Feb 22, 2009
com on u don they for this world wey niger dey play indian, se bi u nay get juju too, y u no take am play indian. Aabaa
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by babydouch: 9:29am On Feb 24, 2009
best thread ever
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by babseg(m): 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2009
Se na only Nigeria the indians played with?
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Ovamboland(m): 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2009
On my way home a few days back, i mentioned the story to my to older colleagues in their late 30's and before i could conclude the story two of the guys quickly affirmed that the story was indeed true and that it actually happened.

On further probing, they both confessed they heard the story at their differnet schools but at differnt times but never actually saw the match or met anyone who saw the match. But nevertheless they believed the story then and still do.

I then analysed an hypothetical case for them to consider - if there were only 11 indian players and refree on the pitch and no Nigerian player on the pitch,
is it possible to,
Kick-off from the center of the pitch
score a goal,
wait for the refree and lines men to agree it is a clean goal and whistle,
(maybe celebrate the goal) grin
pick up the ball from the Nigerian side net,
place at the kick-off spot,
wait for refree's whistle again.

And still go ahead to score 99 goals in 90 minutes?

Nobody in the vehicle could utter any other word

This conclusively shows that if the India vs Nigeria story were to be a religious one , there will be many adherents till this day with many temples as there place of worship grin cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Paultay(m): 11:21pm On Feb 27, 2009
I THINK IT'S JUST A FICTION TO EXPRESS THE STRENGTH OF INDIA'S VOODOO. kiss
[flash=200,200][/flash]

Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by mayoklashy: 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2009
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by sweeriie(f): 9:16am On Mar 03, 2009
LMAO!!! shuo. .  am i d only one thats just hearing this for the first time?! infact, i'm no longer talking to any of my family members for failing to share this valuable tori with me  angry i almost fell off my chair with laffta. . . its just amazing the power of imagination (n the gullibility of small pikins)  smiley. n to think 1 of my best friends is indian o. . . i'm goin to start runnin away from her from now on mehn!
oh my daez, my tommy hurts from too much laffta!!   smiley cheesy grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by mufasa(m): 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2009
sweeriie:

LMAO!!! shuo. .  am i d only one thats just hearing this for the first time?! infact, i'm no longer talking to any of my family members for failing to share this valuable tori with me  angry i almost fell off my chair with laffta. . . its just amazing the power of imagination (n the gullibility of small pikins)  smiley. n to think 1 of my best friends is indian o. . . i'm goin to start runnin away from her from now on mehn!

where you for grow up , ok i see NJ. well even me wey i bin butter wink well well then i heard the story. Its either your own level of butterness na super or you were home schooled cheesy.

I tot the goalie was 'Okala mepon'. The goal scorer was definitely thunder Balogun good striker!.

Its very possible havent y'all seen shaolin soccer. If those boys play us them nust give us at least 640 - 0. grin grin grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by sweeriie(f): 7:24pm On Mar 04, 2009
mufasa:

where you for grow up , ok i see NJ. well even me wey i bin butter wink well well then i heard the story. Its either your own level of butterness na super or you were home schooled cheesy.

ah, oti o! emi ke. . . i just got here o. . i was born n bred in lagos. which is y i am vexin with my parents n 3 brothers who should have known better than to withhold this wonderful tori from me  angry evn my primary skool, razz as it was, failed to teach me this valuable life lesson. . . mschewww  angry angry angry
but its never too late. i have learned now   smiley cheesy grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Dotman01(m): 11:25am On Mar 05, 2009
Me sef hear d story no be small tin, @sweerlie omo u don miss a lot o. Chei u neva hear anoda 1 say if u dey eat while walkin u no go belle food, if u kolet money from someone else wit left hand d money go lost. Omo i don hear al dis lies tire.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by omodada1: 11:51am On Mar 05, 2009
what u dont know, u say its a lie. well i belief my grand father could'nt have lied that he watched the match. he gave us a full details and the vedio. while trying to convert it to CD so that we can sell to Nijas, it got lost so, its very true, u can also impliment a GOST lie but not against a man of God o. for more details about the story, pls text to 08053530532, i 'll give u the name of another man that has the duplicate copy!
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by hillzone: 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2009
[color=#000099][/color]hello guys,check this out for money making, its real.
http://www.awsurveys.com/Homemain.cfm?RefID=Hillzone
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by crescent(f): 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2009
the story is fictitious as anything, we are heard it when we are growing up
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by na2day2(m): 3:44pm On Mar 07, 2009
sweeriie:

yup, imagination and gullibility works wonders. i remember telling my kid brother that i was part of the voltron team and that i use to fly the black lion over lagos to defend lagos against monsters, the poor kid believed me and was so proud of his big bro embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by olatunji24: 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2009
if one team beat another one 99-1, and normal futball time na 90mins, shay na every second or minute dem dey score, e mean say 9ja team no hold ball at all thru out the match, imagine 99 goals in 90mins?? abi dem add extra time 9mins? what a lie.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by kabna(m): 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2009
in quite recent times and in ghana, the former 3 time african footballer of the year Abedi Pele's football team registered a ridiculous score

line against another local team, ( if am not mistaking it was around 40 goals to a single digit may be 1).

now i do not want any insulting comments such as oh only in omo ghana. stick to the subject. is it then possible for india to beat nigeria 99-1
may be not that goal margin but anywher around 40 will not be strange considering that in this 21st century a football match can register a goal margin of 40 -1.

now in this 21st century it is called match fixing. ( and indeed Abedi's team had to win huge to avoid relegation) so they did that.

in the past and indians been well noted for their juju, could have registered such huge margin.

now get me right not the exact scoreline of 99-1 but perharps a huge one like pele's so an where from 20-2, 30-1, etc.

you know africa and for that matter humans as information spread, it is mixed wiv humour and all kinds of motives. so eventually 20 or ten might become 99.

in my opinion, i will not doubt a huge margin but rather i will dispute the exact score line.

thats what i mean by ther is likely to be little truth in that story.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by afix(m): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2009
The story was never true;in the history of international football,no NIGERIA team at any category played an INDIAN national side.All this story is to make us know how much traditional the indian people are.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by na2day2(m): 4:57am On Apr 30, 2009
afix:

The story was never true;in the history of international football,no NIGERIA team at any category played an INDIAN national side.All this story is to make us know how much traditional the indian people are.

YOU LIAR! ! ! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by babs787(m): 11:17am On May 01, 2009
So nobody watched the match or being handed the news? shocked shocked
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by na2day2(m): 2:14am On May 02, 2009
babs787:

So nobody watched the match or being handed the news? shocked shocked

spoil spot angry angry angry
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by iniguy(m): 9:53am On May 30, 2009
HA ha ha, one of the best threads on Nairaland. I was told this story when i was a kid in nursery school & it stucked. The chap that fabricated this myth sure do deserves an award! lets keep this alive by producing a home movie titled 'India vs Nigeria!'
actors wanted for auditioning grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by champredd(m): 9:07am On Jun 10, 2009
I have decided to reconsider the story. My conclusion is that its probably true. Since Nigerians are not very much familiar with cricket. Maybe the story is about cricket. grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by salinco(m): 9:48am On Jun 10, 2009
I heard the story in Kwara (Offa) as well.

very intresting grin grin smiley
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Jarus(m): 10:01am On Jun 10, 2009
salinco:

I heard the story in Kwara (Offa) as well.

very intresting grin grin smiley
I also grew up and heard it in Offa.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by teebabs1: 11:33am On Jun 10, 2009
i heard the stories too when i was i kid. infact if any will like to listen,i have close to 20 remix versions of the story.

but 4 the records,india was banned fromi international football because they refused to wear boots i.e they wanted to play barefooted in one 1960s edition of the world cup
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by salinco(m): 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2009
Jarus:

I also grew up and heard it in Offa.
same as me.
I went to 1st baptist pry, and Olalomi College (1990), and Fedpoffa
all in Offa.
I could even say i was born in Offa.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by abyDayjee: 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2009
Why all these lie? The Indian National Football team was never banned in fact it is a member of the Asian Football Confederation, and a member of FIFA. Find the team's statistics below:

First international Appearance
France 2 - 1 India
Venue and Date: (London, England; July 31, 1948)

India's Biggest win
India 7 - 1 Ceylon
Venue and Date: (Bangalore, India; December 16, 1963)

India's Biggest defeat
USSR 11 - 1 India
Venue and Date: (Moscow, USSR; September 16, 1955)

so where does Nigeria come in here? Our forefathers merely picked a poor team for the joke. Poor India!
Highest FIFA ranking 94 (February 1996)
Lowest FIFA ranking 165 (March 2007)
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_national_football_team
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by pinkysegun(m): 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2009
omo i heard d rumour i never believed like i never di d2 most of the tgings i heard in nigeria i argued wit my frnds all they say was i argue always, unti 2day dat match os not in fifa archive n no evidence it exist that shows wat we ve been brought up wif lies n lies n lies evebn ghanians n sierra leoneans heard of the rumours 2 shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai naija we meant 2 be lie-ja
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by kokoye(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2009
Check this out:

Bruce Lee fought and killed a lion - that's how he got the 4-line scar on his face. The same Bruce Lee then killed himself by tearing himself apart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Chad:AFCON Qualifier (2 - 0) On 13th June 2015 / Nigerian Footballer Akeem Omolade Found Dead In His Car In Italy (Photos) / Victor Osimhen Blasts Punch Newspaper For Fabricating False Stories About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.