Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! (77180 Views)

India Vs Nigeria: 99-1 / Football Match INDIA VS NIGERIA: 99-1 ? / INDIA Vs NIGERIA 99-1 Abeg, Who Watch Am? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by dipo2much(m): 4:03am On Oct 08, 2009
na cartoon
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by galatico(m): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2009
Yeah I have heard about that story too, but it's just pure fiction!!!
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by na2day2(m): 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
galatico:

Yeah I have heard about that story too, but it's just pure fiction!!!

who tell u? i bin watch am for black and white tv tongue tongue
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by chic2pimp(m): 4:08am On Oct 09, 2009
Paultay:

I THINK IT'S JUST A FICTION TO EXPRESS THE STRENGTH OF INDIA'S VOODOO. kiss
[flash=200,200][/flash]

Nah it's real. I watched it live.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by snapshot: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2009
I hear about the match too na THUNDER BALOGUN fire one ball enter net,ehen, i also hear say that Thunder Balogun guy fire one ball wei tear person belle open,but i no believe sha grin grin grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by folem: 9:32am On Oct 09, 2009
99-1 is actually a Cricket score & Cricket is the No. 1 sport in India.

Maybe a Nigerian who knew little about Cricket saw that score and started a rumour about it just for fun! grin grin grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Duniverse(m): 10:11am On Oct 09, 2009
Thou i heard about that match it was difficult to believ even if its true it was'nt ordinary at all.¤
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Poby1pac: 12:22pm On Oct 17, 2009
OMG!, what the Bleep, how can that shit be possible. Naija with great lies, lol.
I go put am for one of my lyrics and rap it out
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by saintsam(m): 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2009
I hear the fable tooo. But i doubt am d time wen i young, cuz i nor say e nor fit possible. I tell my uncle that time wen im dey tell us d lie say na lie, nor b small beat i received that day 99-1. haba, u sef check am.lol
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by rite2salas(m): 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2009
one dude was arguing with me that the match actually took place. i told him to place a $200 bet and find the highlights on youtube, he was so confident and searched on youtube for 5 days before givign up,
Plus he lost a $200 bet to me. lmaooooo

I wonder where the rumour started from!
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by davidif: 1:04am On Oct 20, 2009
This story is a fable but the thing that is sooooooo scary is [size=18pt]HOW THIS RUMOR WAS ABLE TO SPREAD ACROSS NAIJA THROUGH GENERATIONS. [/size]
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by chika98: 1:06am On Oct 20, 2009
How come I never heard this fib?
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by U1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2009
I thought the story was limited to the south-west, I guess I was wrong. grin grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nijasingh: 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2009
Dis story no be lie at all!!  Na my grandfather be the Indian team captain!!  Infact i get de formula for de medicine wey dem use!!

If any team wan de formula pls make dem contact me!! I even get de superstrength formula wey fit boost de scores to 9999 against any rivals!!

wink wink wink wink

NB special offer on "Javelin speed formula" available as well. Javelin go stay for air till u put foot down!!
"Swiimex formula" to make u swim like fish, and make dem no catch u for pepper soup!! LOL!!
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2009
Y2g
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by compgeek(m): 7:03am On Oct 29, 2009
grin grin grin

I heard Thunder Balogun kicked the ball so hard, It went thru the goal keepers tummy(killing him of course), went thru the net before it finally left the stadium grin grin grin

Thats what I heard o
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by yommyuk: 4:08am On Oct 30, 2009
[edit] Summary
India qualified by default for the 1950 FIFA World Cup finals as a result of the withdrawal of all of their scheduled opponents. However, they did not take up their place in the competition because FIFA demanded all players at the World Cup finals should wear football boots. A number of the Indian players refused to abide by this rule and the team was forced to withdraw. The team has never since come close to qualifying for the World Cup.[1]

India finished 4th in the football tournament at the 1956 Melbourne Olympics, won the 1951 & 1962 Asian Games Gold medal and reached the semi-finals in the next two Asian Games tournaments in what became known as the golden era of Indian football. [2]

India hosted the 2001 Millennium Super Cup, but were knocked out in the group stage following defeats by Iceland and Uruguay.

More recent successes have been limited to the South Asian Football Federation Cup, the LG Cup won in Vietnam in 2002 under English coach Stephen Constantine, Nehru Cup in 2007 and 2009 and the 2008 AFC Challenge Cup under coach Bob Houghton, which earned them a place in the 2011 AFC Asian Cup to be held in Qatar.

India's traditional arch rivals are Pakistan national football team, due to the historic tension between the two nations, and even though India has consistently beaten Pakistan, they are often hard-fought matches. Another regional rival is Maldives national football team, who have had many well-balanced, thrilling matches with each other, and this rivalry is often seen as more competitive than the rivalry shared with Pakistan.

2006–

Performances
World Cup record

1930 to 1938 - Did not enter
1950 - Qualfied but withdrew
1954 - Entry not accepted by FIFA
1958 to 1970 - Did not enter
1974 - Withdrew
1978 to 1982 - Did not enter
1986 - Did not qualify
1990 - Withdrew
1994 to 2010 - Did not qualify

Asian Cup record

1956 - Did not enter
1960 - Didn't qualify
1964 - Second Place
1968 - Didn't qualify
1972 to 1980 - Did not enter
1984 - Round 1
1988 to 2007 - Didn't qualify
2011 - Qualified

SAFF tournament record
South Asian Football Federation Cup record
Year Round GP W D L GF GA

1993 Champions 3 2 1 0 4 1
1995 Runner Up 2 0 1 1 2 3
1997 Champions 4 3 1 0 13 3
1999 Champions 4 3 1 0 6 1
2003 Third Place 5 2 1 2 8 5
2005 Champions 5 4 1 0 9 2
2008 Runner Up 5 4 1 0 9 3
Total Best: Champions 28 19 7 2 51 18

AFC Challenge Cup record
2006 - Quarterfinal
2008 - Champions

Nehru Cup record
Nehru Cup International Football Tournament 2007 - Winners
Nehru Cup International Football Tournament 2009 - Winners
Current Squad
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by vikiviko(m): 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2009
I heard India use to beat teams 50 -0, 20 - 0 and whenever they playing opposing teams run helter and skelter because they have magic to invoke lions on the pitch.

Oh boy nothing i no hear when i was still growing up.

The truth is India was never a force in football , never played Nigeria.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by jubilant2(f): 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
Habaaa na wao. Wat I heard was that when both teams were on the pitch, the indians, were scoring us. It came to point that they've scored 99 goals, then they told us that if our keeper can catch the coming lyon or Lion that they will give us all the goals they've scored. So Fifa @ that tyme banned then from playing football again, cos it seems they use witchcraft.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 02, 2009
chika98:

How come I never heard this fib?
How old are you? It's either you're so young, maybe born in 1998, from your username or you are a complete ajebo that didn't relate with children in the neighbourhood or did not attend public school.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by babyme(f): 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2009
OMG. . . . all my fuc.king interest in football was cos of this story, . . , . my cosin told me the player that scored the one goal died becos he kicked the lion. . . . . wth how i belived that story is amazing and more amazing is how i still strongly believe it is true
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by sweetguy10(m): 3:40am On Jan 20, 2010
OH god help me , I have searched Google , Ask, altavista, and lots of other search Engines because of this story , they said that the Guy that scored the Ball for Nigeria died because India has initially turned the ball into A big stone , and it was 22 players Against 11 , they had 11 players On the field and 11 imaginary Players In the Air , so the Ball hanged and ends Up in Nigeria's net , Who came up with this story ??because everywhere in Nigeria it is shared and some people Agreed it was true , My younger brothers were talking about it and I was Laughing Like Crazy ,
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Smi1(m): 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2010
I have heard of this comic relief story, but when i was told i rejected it immediately because how could it be possible to score 99 goals in just 90 minutes? maybe it was an handball game hehehe , our Grandpas sabi get diplome & degree with Mouth hehehe !!
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by LuniyiGlo(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2010
Nigeria's biggest defeat came at the hands of Ghana (When they were still called Gold Cost and we hadn't even received our Independence yet).  According to creditable sources there was no Ghanian voodoo involved either, just too much Naija pounded yam and egusi. . .   grin

Gold Coast 7 – Nigeria 0
(Accra, Ghana; 1 June 1955)

Please kill this thread about football Urban Legends. . .
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by fyneguy: 12:59am On Jan 25, 2010
na so dem talk say if u touch ebenezer's obey's car, d car go say ''obey''
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by TmeD0(m): 5:56am On Jan 25, 2010
me sef hia d story for school dat time o.  na 100 - 0 me i hia dat time.

in fact, i hear say for olympics dat time sef during track, as umpire fire the gun make the sprinters start to dey run, indian sprinters don reach finish line  grin

and the one for thunder balogun na hin broda be the keeper o no be say na one very good goalkeeper - make una get una facts right o.

na "thunder don't forget your left leg" the person holla. 

na so thunder take hammer the shot for hin left foot so tay the ball tear hin broda bele wey the guy come yamutu for field. 

and yes, na five penariti hin kick and the keeper don catch four before hin fire the last one kill am.  grin

1 Like

Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nescoemmy(m): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2010
as you hear na so i hear am o. this fake lie don't reach everywhere for 9ja i just dey wonder if e don reach india ma sef.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Litmus: 8:16am On Mar 05, 2010
So we've been putting ourselves down for a long time.

damola1

The mind of a child is very naive,

Children would believe anything, Just about anything,

I did believe it, and even told the stories myself as if i was there, The mind of a child can believe, we need to use that mind for great things, cos our own mind, na so so impossible e dey see,

Keeper rufai used to see a lion, India was the king of juju, tali it's called.

Truthfully, we're very gullible people, it is our Achilles hill, we tend to believe anything written about us and the more terrible the better. Although it is axiomatic that people tend to be more susceptible to big lies than they are to small ones.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:34am On Mar 09, 2010
[size=13pt]This kind match when football go change to stone , Knife , bunch of fire abi na Lion?? ----moving straight to the keeper , i mean the goal keeper. Infact , make Nigeria nor dream to play with INDIA because only their Jazz they would be able to score us 100,000 goals with no goal. grin grin[/size]
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by comechop(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2010
CHAI!
Laff no gree me for this thread. I don laff laff tayaaaaaa - una well done oooo

My own version wee I hear

Final score - 99-1. We scored in the LAST MINUTE, and the LAST GOAL.

When India get the ball, and shoot it, it will turn to either LION or STONE or SNAKE or one kain fear fear ANIMAL - na ein our keeper go run comot from post EVERYTIME and our players will be running from the ball.

Until the LAST MINUTE, one of ur guys tried to shoot the ball (cos the ball always disappeared when you wanted to shoot it), but anyways, his shoe lace was not tied very well, so as he SHOT, he SHOE came OUT and the goalkeeper CAUGHT THE SHOE INSTEAD OF CATCHING THE BALL - and thats how we scored our only goal

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Naija pple una toooooooooooo much. And i believed it 100% then hhahahahaha
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:50am On Mar 11, 2010
[size=13pt]Nor bi small thing oo----- cheesy cheesy cheesy wink[/size]
comechop:

CHAI!
Laff no gree me for this thread. I don laff laff tayaaaaaa - una well done oooo

My own version wee I hear

Final score - 99-1. We scored in the LAST MINUTE, and the LAST GOAL.

When India get the ball, and shoot it, it will turn to either LION or STONE or SNAKE or one kain fear fear ANIMAL - na ein our keeper go run comot from post EVERYTIME and our players will be running from the ball.

Until the LAST MINUTE, one of your guys tried to shoot the ball (cos the ball always disappeared when you wanted to shoot it), but anyways, his shoe lace was not tied very well, so as he SHOT, he SHOE came OUT and the goalkeeper CAUGHT THE SHOE INSTEAD OF CATCHING THE BALL - and thats how we scored our only goal

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Naija pple una toooooooooooo much. And i believed it 100% then hhahahahaha
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by chrisical(m): 12:45pm On Mar 11, 2010
Generational lie.I bet with my toes,this 'story'/ lie will contiuue to linger on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Footballer Akeem Omolade Found Dead In His Car In Italy (Photos) / Victor Osimhen Blasts Punch Newspaper For Fabricating False Stories About Him / Drogba Pictured With Mbappe At The Ballon D'or, 10 Years After Turning Him Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.