Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! (77187 Views)

India Vs Nigeria: 99-1 / Football Match INDIA VS NIGERIA: 99-1 ? / INDIA Vs NIGERIA 99-1 Abeg, Who Watch Am? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by jeffman(m): 7:53am On Feb 17, 2009
i got this from an eye witness account

India nigeria game ended 100-1 with the only goal coming from segun odegbami when the indians momentarily forgot to use their juju. but the indians made him pay for it by washing every account of the match from his brain cells so don't bother asking him abt the match. Everytime we want to kick the ball it turns to a rock and the Nigerian player is hurt. every time they kick the ball it turns to any of the following: (1) Lion (2) 100 balls (3) snake (4) fire (watch shaolin soccer)

The thunder balogun story was another matter.  he had killed people with shots from his left leg so he swore never to use it. On this particular day they were losing and the golakeeper was his brother  shocked he was abt to take a shot when his wife shouted "Remember your left leg" from the stands. he used his left leg to take the shot and it went thru the tummy of his brother killing him. it was said that he had only one bone in his left leg (maybe no fibula).

i thinkthe witness also added that the govt used to use the thunder balogun for demolition of buildings.  shocked give the building a left leg shot. fashola would have utilised him very well
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by kcbaba(m): 8:43am On Feb 17, 2009
i will never happen again bet me
cos we go kill them even yeye osun go wake up for us and some other oguns
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 17, 2009
jeffman:

i got this from an eye witness account

India nigeria game ended 100-1 with the only goal coming from segun odegbami when the indians momentarily forgot to use their juju. but the indians made him pay for it by washing every account of the match from his brain cells so don't bother asking him abt the match. Everytime we want to kick the ball it turns to a rock and the Nigerian player is hurt. every time they kick the ball it turns to any of the following: (1) Lion (2) 100 balls (3) snake (4) fire (watch shaolin soccer)

The thunder balogun story was another matter. he had killed people with shots from his left leg so he swore never to use it. On this particular day they were losing and the golakeeper was his brother shocked he was abt to take a shot when his wife shouted "Remember your left leg" from the stands. he used his left leg to take the shot and it went thru the tummy of his brother killing him. it was said that he had only one bone in his left leg (maybe no fibula).

i thinkthe witness also added that the govt used to use the thunder balogun for demolition of buildings. shocked give the building a left leg shot. fashola would have utilised him very well
I just like Nigerians. Very hilarious set of people. No wonder we are the happiest people on heart!!!
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by FILEBE(m): 10:35am On Feb 17, 2009
i still want to know why Indi is not playing international football there must be a reason for India participating in intertional cricket but not footbal
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 17, 2009
FILEBE:

i still want to know why Indi is not playing international football there must be a reason for India participating in intertional cricket but not footbal

In this day and age, my friend. GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.
India plays international football. They are just not good enough to qualify from Asia. They have to compete with the likes of Japan, china, korea, Iran and Iraq.

1 Like

Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by ubest1(m): 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2009
my own version l heard was that, some of the player is invisible, they will just come up from no where & take a shoot & the ball will just go in.
but am thinking this, were was the BABALAWO'S, ARUCHUKWU, JAZ MEN WE HAVE IN LAGOS, I MEAN THOSE AGBORO BOYS AND ALL D JUJU MEN we have in nigeria, God help us. but why is indian do not play football again bt some ibo & yoruba boys they are playing in there league
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by patunu: 8:26am On Feb 18, 2009
This story is very funny. I heard it when I was still growing up in Benin. It may sound more believable because the Indian Soccer Team is not very popular even though they have more than 16% of the entire global population. I guess the little ones of today should know better than to believe it.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by toideve(m): 10:04am On Feb 18, 2009
i also heard the story, its a big fat lie
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by kaylala(m): 10:49am On Feb 18, 2009
Itan abalaye shocked
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by j4xto(m): 11:13am On Feb 18, 2009
this truth fit be lie, or the other way round. any way, make we take am to be joke,
Them think say we never wise, to me, all those ones na story when they makae the head busy
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by mckaycee(m): 11:41am On Feb 18, 2009
Just comfirmed from an old man sitting close to me now, said it was true and that it was played in the first stadium in Nigeria (though he couldn't remember the name).
Where was Guinness and their book of record when this feat was achieved.
God help us.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by fyneguy: 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2009
I just checked my great-grand pa's diary now. He recorded the event.

Segun Odegbami had to kick the roaring lion inside the net to secure the only goal that won the match for us.

Stories such as this, make Nigerians laugh and explain why Nigerians are not angry enough to revolt against bad leadership.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by amaikama(m): 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2009
Even till dat, una sabi play the football No be only raga boyz una no fit beat so? angry Una dey talk as if una fit do any thing. just bicos una don try win Atlanta and some small small street football wey dem dey play for pitch means say una fit play. make una go play brazil, france, italy, spain Argentina, cameroon, Morocco, Mali dem na. if una go fit beat them. angry
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by abes(m): 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2009
ha ha ha! i'll definately tell my students tommorow, this story must live on.lol,
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2009
abes:

ha ha ha! i'll definately tell my students tommorow, this story must live on.lol,
Don't be surpised if your students begin to murmur while you tell ur story. Chidren of nowadays can hardly believe that.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by ehie007(m): 6:45pm On Feb 18, 2009
i tot it was India(25) vs Nigeria (0) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by kabna(m): 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2009
funny am a Ghanaian and i also heard a similar story growing up.

u know they say ther's no smoke without fire so i suspect there might be a little truth in all that hearsay Abbi?
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by ogre(m): 12:09am On Feb 19, 2009
it's a myth,plain and simple.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by tayo4me(f): 2:06am On Feb 19, 2009
How cum I neva heard any version of dis story, am I dat young or wot? Anyways, woteva d version, it doesnt sound like a true story, just 1 of dose stories fabricated by old people
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by WesleyanA(f): 2:47am On Feb 19, 2009
I heard about this when I was growing up as well! I also heard that after that game, they banned India from ever playing in the world cup because of their juju. Gosh this was so long ago. I was probably 6yrs old at the time.
I dunno but some player died on the field around this time as well sam oparaji and there was a song about him. It was so long agooo. . . .lol
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by youngies(m): 10:11am On Feb 19, 2009
kabna:

funny am a Ghanaian and i also heard a similar story growing up.

u know they say ther's no smoke without fire so i suspect there might be a little truth in all that hearsay Abbi?

LOL. . . Did you hear it was Nigeria vs India also, or Ghana vs India?
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by v3: 12:01pm On Feb 19, 2009
My dad DID watch d game, And YES it Thunder Balogun that netted the ONLY goal for Nigeria, He(my dad) was left a but puzzled at the rate which goals entered the nigerian goal, as NO-ONE in the stands knew what was REALLY happening, Call it what you may but this is true, it's NO urban legend,

India 99 - Nigeria 1

If you've seen SHAOLIN SOCCER, then go figure?!!!

1 Like

Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by vincentont(m): 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2009
i tink we have to just bliv the story
coz noth-east-west-south and even outside the country
it has been confirmed dat dey heard it sometime somewhere
so our fore fathers has some explanation for us
hw did dey manage to spread the in4mation at dat time
that it even spread out of the country
may b dat time naija no bliv in juju for footbal
dats y dem hammer us like basketball
enjoy ur day. grin grin grin grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by blinx4real(m): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2009
I hereby make this solemn promise that I shall tell all my kids this story so that we can keep d "fabu" running.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by ayobase(m): 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2009
also learnt that the pricks
on keeper Rufai`s face
was due to the Lion Scratches!!!

Hmmmmm!!
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by ayobase(m): 4:11pm On Feb 19, 2009
v3nom4eva:

My dad DID watch d game, And YES it Thunder Balogun that netted the ONLY goal for Nigeria, He(my dad) was left a but puzzled at the rate which goals entered the nigerian goal, as NO-ONE in the stands knew what was REALLY happening, Call it what you may but this is true, it's NO urban legend,

India 99 - Nigeria 1

If you've seen SHAOLIN SOCCER, then go figure?!!!

I think I like ur version!!!
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by RichyBlacK(m): 11:40pm On Feb 19, 2009
I heard it too. I took the liberty once to ask an Indian colleague of mine. The guy laughed for days! grin

When I was growing up in the 80s we heard India was banned from World Cup and Olympics. That their proficiency in juju made them beat every nation with large goal margins like 99-1. That an Indian athlete once threw a javelin out of the stadium shattering all past and future records. Men, those days were fun, we believed everything!

I also recall stories of students traveling to India by night using supernatural means. They'll come back with juju rings and handkerchiefs. These objects gave them all sorts of supernatural powers, including vanishing, walking through walls, getting any babe the guy wanted, making an opponent eat grass by slapping the person, etc.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by invisible2(m): 10:04am On Feb 20, 2009
What I want to know now is, are there people out there that still believe this story is true? Please state your reasons and explanations. This is because there are still people that says it is just true without coming out to tell us how it happened. Nigerians are so gullible, whenever anything happens, they explain it off as juju; now consider these

A man suddenly slumps and dies - na juju them take remote the guy

A man goes to bed and dies in his sleep - na the wife use juju kill am to inherit his money

A man suddenly grows rich after 20 years of hardwork - the guy do money medicine.

A man loves his wife deeply - the woman use juju hold am

A man is fearless and bold - he belongs to a secret society and they kill humans and drink their blood

A boy developes mental problems - na him papa enemies no want him to inherit their family land

A boy runs away from home - na im step mother use juju send the guy away

A family is poor for too long - na their dead ancestors dey hold them down

A man loses his fortune in a business deal - they used witchcraft to drain his money

A guy crashes his new car to a tree - they rubbed juju for his car when he went to his village

A girl stays too long and no husband - she already has a husband and four children in the spirit world

A couple has no child but are rich - they must have exchanged their children to money!

the list goes on and on, the Nigerian / indian match is just one small rumour that turned into a belief just like all these other beliefs. Are they correct? Is there any truth to this?
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by md4real(m): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2009
i love naija. if you believe say juju no dey exist, you go die for notin.

1 Like

Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by invisible2(m): 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2009
So you believe in juju then, and probably believe India whip Naija 99 within 90 minutes? You dey try o. Believing everything will make you so open to wayo that, Abeg make we talk about the koko, who was the referee for this match, Charlie Chaplin?
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by na2day2(m): 8:29am On Feb 21, 2009
u guys are cracking me up, i too heard abt the lie only that i also heard that the indian players refuse to lace any boots but played bare footed and fifa had to ban them. omo, those that lied to us as little kids no do us well sha, i totally believed the crap embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by theboy0808(m): 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2009
What a blatant lie!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Chad:AFCON Qualifier (2 - 0) On 13th June 2015 / Nigerian Footballer Akeem Omolade Found Dead In His Car In Italy (Photos) / Victor Osimhen Blasts Punch Newspaper For Fabricating False Stories About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.