Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? (15721 Views)

Girl Kills Her 4-day-Old Son For Prostitution In Katsina / How Do We Reduce Thoughts Of/attempts At Suicide? / Nigerian Girls Forced Into Prostitution In Cote D’ivoire-pics Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by wmunonline(f): 10:31pm On Feb 14, 2009
All sorts of acronyms and names have been used to coin and make disguise of the nature of prostitution.

In all the intent of this act which has in some ways turned into a Profession, exhibits no change in value irrespective of its acronyms which stands to change the philosophy behind its nature.

“Prostitution is define as the act or practice of prostituting or offering the body to an indiscriminate sexual intercourse for money; common lewdness of a woman”
I think Nigeria girls need to wake up from their slumber and face the reality of life, because what they do is not runs but prostitution.

“A source of livelihood” as defined by an undergraduate of the University of Lagos, who delved into the act to assuage her ongoing financial plight, revealed that the gains attached (if there are at all) were undoubtedly pains in disguise. Her experience started as an exuberant adventure with exorbitant living standard until her health started deteriorating, and then what came next seemed beyond her imagination.

She and her friends were introduced to a very rich company of relatively young men at a social event.

The event turned out to be an avenue to lure these ladies into the hands of money ritualists and occult group members. Her story leads to the death of all her friends as they where used as sacrifices. She fortunately, escaped the clutches of death as she was termed to be inapt. This victim, now repented has joined a religious group fighting for course of thus campus ill.

Another testimony leads us to the northern part of Nigeria. This victim and her friend, both from Ahmadu-Bello University Zaria, had finished exams and where in search of fun and money so they set out to Abuja where they felt, had conspicuous affluent men. On the way to their land of milk and honey, they were given a lift by a young rich dude. His car was tempting. They stopped over at the outskirts of Jos town, as this dude had already convinced them to pass the night at his abode. They accepted the offer anticipating he would compensate them financially for the night.

Indeed his domicile had wealth written all over, well furnished with expensive electronics. As luck would have it, the rich dude stepped out to get dinner for his guests, and our victim had to answer natures call. Looking around for the ‘convenience’ she approached one where she found female body parts. Dumbfounded, she came out shivering with fear and led her friend to the scene. Immediately, they ran out barefooted, leaving behind their belongings. Their route to safety was through a bush path leading into a village, where they where accosted by the indigenes who harboured them that night and transported them back to Zaria.

The testimonies are endless, still we have more female undergraduates pimping and marketing their fellow mates to wealthy men.

The World Miss University Nigeria Peace Emissaries are campaigning against Pimping and all sorts of Prostitution (whatever the terminology or acronym used to describe the act) on our various campuses.

Obviously, the gains of this act buttresses latently on the purchase of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s) and other related ailment.

The fight is tough but the World Miss University Nigeria Peace Corps are left with no other option than to succeed on this great quest towards redeeming the female university undergraduate from this plague ‘PROSTITUTION’.

Lets come ‘hand in hand for peace’ with the World Miss University Nigeria Peace Corps, to achieve this goal.      

Ambassador Temidayo L. Kafaru
President World Miss University Nigeria
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by TOYOSI20(f): 10:47pm On Feb 14, 2009
We really need to start form the top. . .in other words the parent need to be there for their kids

I mean like be actively involved, and the men too, need to be respectful, like it take two to tango

These gurls aren't committing these atrocious act wid themselves, most of their patroons are married men!!

Its sad, it most definitely has to be a collective effort. . .I've said it before and I'll say it again

these young women are our daughters, sisters, friends, aunties, and future wives and mothers of tomorrow!! lipsrsealed undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by anwo247: 11:12pm On Feb 14, 2009
The world has been guilty of ever learning without coming to the knowledge of the truth.

We must go back to family values:

, I was in the airport the other day, and a lady with her daughter of about three yrs old was sitting down. No pant, as her shirt(tiny singlet in the real sense) has gone up and her bottom was showing because the trouser went down without her knowing of it. FASHION, but the daughter drew her attention to it that everyone was looking at her and she rushed to bring herself to normal but no way as she has been in that position for over 30 munites and besides, the rubber band for the trouser already cut. How can she educate here daughter of 3 yrs about morality when she prefers to walk about naked or nearly naked but people will tell u that it does not matter, she feels comfortable in it.

One thing leads to the other. when you tell a child that it does not matter to smoke cigarette, how can you convince him of not smoking marijuana

Moral decadence is so high.  Please do not mention economy here. A thief is a thief whether in lack or not, It comes from the mind.

I never beleived it is lack of money that causes prostitution. Another girl may need money and rather go for after-school work and pay her fee instead of looking for men to give her money.

For example, can a girl who is still a virgin go for prostitution from school to party? Defnitely No.  it starts from reservation. I will write a piece on this and post much later.
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by JJYOU: 11:24pm On Feb 14, 2009
wmunonline:

All sorts of acronyms and names have been used to coin and make disguise of the nature of prostitution.

In all the intent of this act which has in some ways turned into a Profession, exhibits no change in value irrespective of its acronyms which stands to change the philosophy behind its nature.

“Prostitution is define as the act or practice of prostituting or offering the body to an indiscriminate sexual intercourse for money; common lewdness of a woman”
I think Nigeria girls need to wake up from their slumber and face the reality of life, because what they do is not runs but prostitution.

“A source of livelihood” as defined by an undergraduate of the University of Lagos, who delved into the act to assuage her ongoing financial plight, revealed that the gains attached (if there are at all) were undoubtedly pains in disguise. Her experience started as an exuberant adventure with exorbitant living standard until her health started deteriorating, and then what came next seemed beyond her imagination.

She and her friends were introduced to a very rich company of relatively young men at a social event.

The event turned out to be an avenue to lure these ladies into the hands of money ritualists and occult group members. Her story leads to the death of all her friends as they where used as sacrifices. She fortunately, escaped the clutches of death as she was termed to be inapt. This victim, now repented has joined a religious group fighting for course of thus campus ill.

Another testimony leads us to the northern part of Nigeria. This victim and her friend, both from Ahmadu-Bello University Zaria, had finished exams and where in search of fun and money so they set out to Abuja where they felt, had conspicuous affluent men. On the way to their land of milk and honey, they were given a lift by a young rich dude. His car was tempting. They stopped over at the outskirts of Jos town, as this dude had already convinced them to pass the night at his abode. They accepted the offer anticipating he would compensate them financially for the night.

Indeed his domicile had wealth written all over, well furnished with expensive electronics. As luck would have it, the rich dude stepped out to get dinner for his guests, and our victim had to answer natures call. Looking around for the ‘convenience’ she approached one where she found female body parts. Dumbfounded, she came out shivering with fear and led her friend to the scene. Immediately, they ran out barefooted, leaving behind their belongings. Their route to safety was through a bush path leading into a village, where they where accosted by the indigenes who harboured them that night and transported them back to Zaria.

The testimonies are endless, still we have more female undergraduates pimping and marketing their fellow mates to wealthy men.

The World Miss University Nigeria Peace Emissaries are campaigning against Pimping and all sorts of Prostitution (whatever the terminology or acronym used to describe the act) on our various campuses.

Obviously, the gains of this act buttresses latently on the purchase of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s) and other related ailment.

The fight is tough but the World Miss University Nigeria Peace Corps are left with no other option than to succeed on this great quest towards redeeming the female university undergraduate from this plague ‘PROSTITUTION’.

Lets come ‘hand in hand for peace’ with the World Miss University Nigeria Peace Corps, to achieve this goal.      

Ambassador Temidayo L. Kafaru
President World Miss University Nigeria

nigeria as a society have tolerated this attitude for too long. most of these young girls grew up in environments where women practised protistution in all but name.

someone will soon come here and tell me poverty.
this is what it has come to

Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by LadyT(f): 11:29pm On Feb 14, 2009
Its not poverty its greed.

Easy way to make money. Lie on the ground with your legs wide open = Bags full of clothes and shoes and plenty of cash.

Dont get me wrong some people need to sell their bodies to eat and to feed and clothes others. But theres a vast number of useless girls AND boys who are too greedy.
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by JJYOU: 6:49pm On Feb 15, 2009
LadyT:

Its not poverty its greed.

Easy way to make money.  Lie on the ground with your legs wide open = Bags full of clothes and shoes and plenty of cash.

Dont get me wrong some people need to sell their bodies to eat and to feed and clothes others.  But theres a vast number of useless girls AND boys who are too greedy.
110/100.  you are  correct.  do some people really need to sell their bodies?

1 Like

Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2009
how you we?

Uhm, maybe by giving your children a better education and dumping those hypocritical and false values, you know they'll never keep.
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by JJYOU: 7:13pm On Feb 15, 2009
michelin89:

how you we?

Uhm, maybe by giving your children a better education and dumping those hypocritical and false values, you know they'll never keep.
michelle i know you are young and clever what do you think the unis in nigeria were set up to do? how many poly technic/ university graduates and higher school certs holders are in europe prostituting themselves because of greed.

would you mind sharing with this forum what you term "hypocritical and false values, you know they'll never keep."?

todays tribune is reporting this in nigeria
Indian beats Nigerian prostitute to a pulp

By Idowu Adelusi - 15.02.2009

AN attempt by a 41- year-old woman to pose as a “sweet sixteen” for any fun-seeking Romeo has landed her in hospital. The woman (names withheld), who is a prostitute was rushed to the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan after she was battered by her Romeo, an Indian national over the failure of the man to pay her the amount agreed on.

Sunday Tribune gathered that the woman, a native of Ondo State divorced her husband a few years ago, after what she referred to as failure of the man to take proper care of her and due to the constant nagging between them. On Sunday 25 January, 2009, the woman was at a popular hotel in Ring Road, Ibadan, wearing a pair of trousers and a skimpy top. Sunday Tribune gathered that her appearance gave her a sixteen year-old look.

An Indian in his early fifties, who came to the hotel seeking fun, invited her to join him for a drink. Sunday Tribune also gathered that thereafter, the Indian decided to take her to his house at Oni and Sons area in Ring Road, Ibadan for the night. This was at 3.00 a.m. Before they left the hotel, the man reportedly promised to pay her N3,000.

When the love birds got home, the man, Sunday Tribune gathered detected that the woman was not a “sweet sixteen” afterall. He reportedly became enraged and told the woman that he was no longer interested in her. The man said he refused to have sex with her and when it was 6a.m., he gave her N1,500 and told her to leave his house.

However, the woman got annoyed and insisted that the man must pay her N3,000 as arranged before she could leave his house. The man alleged that the woman gripped his genital and this stampeded him to pounce on her. When Sunday Tribune contacted the Oyo State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Olabisi Okuwobi, she confirmed the story, saying that the woman was still at the hospital recuperating.

It was gathered that the woman sustained injury and had to be rushed to the UCH for urgent medical attention. The woman also reported the matter at the Oluyole Police Station and the Indian was immediately arrested. When the woman was taking to the hospital, the doctor who examined her revealed that she had internal injury.

Therefore the woman had to undergo surgical operation. The hospital bill amounting to N250,000, was paid by the Indian. The woman, in her statement to the police, said that the man actually sex her, adding that they had three rounds. She said that when the man asked her to suck his penis, she refused and the man got annoyed.

She said that the man threw N1,500 at her which she refused to accept and in annoyance the man beat her up. She said that when the man saw that she could no longer breath properly, he became afraid and stopped beating her.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/15022009/news/news13.html
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Hauwa1: 10:30pm On Feb 15, 2009
maybe creating job accessible to students. my school has up to 9 eatery (yes a real big college) and most of those working there are students. my first year, i worked making pizza lol. not the best but i got some bucks saved. not that i needed the money but i just wanted to work!! instead of sleeping and staying idle.

UI: those buka there should hire students! i know their cafe is not operating or is it?
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by ifyalways(f): 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2009
*Hauwa*:

maybe creating job accessible to students. my school has up to 9 eatery (yes a real big college) and most of those working there are students. my first year, i worked making pizza lol. not the best but i got some bucks saved. not that i needed the money but i just wanted to work!! instead of sleeping and staying idle.

UI: those buka there should hire students! i know their cafe is not operating or is it?
good points !
students should be encouraged to work with their hands and make money too.Petty things like call-centers,making of hair right there in the hostel etc,sellng of wears esp for girls i did that while i schoolbrings in money.
Lecturers shld help too.Their outrageous and ridiculous prices of handouts are killing shocked
Parents have a role to play too.its unbelievable but real,i have seen parents and siblings asking money from their daughter whos a student shocked shocked undecided
Most importantly,we can all work and save up something for like 1 year before going to the university.
TOYOSI20:

We really need to start form the top. . .in other words the parent need to be there for their kids

I mean like be actively involved, and the men too, need to be respectful, like it take two to tango

These gurls aren't committing these atrocious act wid themselves, most of their patroons are married men!!

Its sad, it most definitely has to be a collective effort. . .I've said it before and I'll say it again

these young women are our daughters, sisters, friends, aunties, and future wives and mothers of tomorrow!! lipsrsealed undecided
The top,Yeah the top sad
the govt,family,peer groups,churches and mosques all have to join if the fight is to be won.
Is there any NGO that deals with school prostitution? undecided
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Outstrip(f): 8:33pm On Feb 16, 2009
JJYOU and toyosi I agree with your original posts. It is sad that it is as bad as it is. It has to start with parents. I personally believe that the way most african men are raised is appalling. These old money miss road have been preying on these girls from when they were 14 or so. They have no shame and culturally they are entitled to any woman or even female child they see. A lot of african men were raised with a sense of entitlement and no sense of selfrespect and we are now seeing the product of that raising. Money for hand back na ground is nothing to them at this point. It's almost like they were raised to LovePeddler. I am not saying that these girls and their parents hold no responsibilities but I believe that those little girls that we were seeing stll in their school unforms in a "big man's" car in those days are all now entering the universities in a completely different state where there are no prying eyes of family members or family friends.
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Fhemmmy: 8:22pm On Feb 19, 2009
Poverty + greed = prostitution
Some part time Job and cut on influence from other students could help.
make things affordable, or even the govt could have some kinda student loan to help the student while is school
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by FBS: 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2009
May the Lord help us.
Parents have a lot to do.
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by musafatima: 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2009
big-up to the writer your article is fantastic
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Fhemmmy: 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2009
Start publishing the name and the pics of men that patronize them.
Provide some jobs for the students to make some small money while in school
Pay people well enuf to take care of their kids at the school
Punish lecturer that wanna get btw ladies legs for marks
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Busybody2(f): 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2009
@ Topic

Tell the Government to stop selling over 1 million JAMB forms a year knowing that there are only on average 10,000 university places per year cool
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Leilah(f): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2009
if only there was a student maintenance grants system that might tie them over.
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Fhemmmy: 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2009
Busy_body:

@ Topic

Tell the Government to stop selling over 1 million JAMB forms a year knowing that there are only on average 10,000 university places per year cool

How will this stop prostitution?
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2009
<p><a href="http://www.">ok now</a></p>
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by GEW: 11:29am On Aug 14, 2009
Busy_body:

@ Topic

madam how does this make ashewos?
Leilah:

Leilah:

so why is earning salary not "tieing" the working prostitutes over?  you know how many nigerian women have no need for the money from this stupidity?
Outstrip:

JJYOU and toyosi I agree with your original posts. It is sad that it is as bad as it is. It has to start with parents. I personally believe that the way most african men are raised is appalling. These old money miss road have been preying on these girls from when they were 14 or so. They have no shame and culturally they are entitled to any woman or even female child they see. [b]A lot of african men were raised with a sense of entitlement and no sense of selfrespect and we are now seeing the product of that raising. Money for hand back na ground is nothing to them at this point. It's almost like they were raised to LovePeddler. [/b]I am not saying that these girls and their parents hold no responsibilities but I believe that those little girls that we were seeing stll in their school unforms in a "big man's" car in those days are all now entering the universities in a completely different state where there are no prying eyes of family members or family friends.
you captured nigeria so well.  i have not been to mosque lately but i know not even the religious houses are safe from prostitution in that morally bankrupt greedy country
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by chiejik(f): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2009
@ Topic

Tell the Government to stop selling over 1 million JAMB forms a year knowing that there are only on average 10,000 university places per year

offpoint my dear.
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by GEW: 11:39am On Aug 14, 2009
chiejik:

@ Topic

Tell the Government to stop selling over 1 million JAMB forms a year knowing that there are only on average 10,000 university places per year

offpoint my dear.
why not wait for the honourable lady to ocme defend herself. she may know what you dont know
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Fhemmmy: 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2009
chiejik:

@ Topic

offpoint my dear.

How will that change people from prostituting?
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by tpiah2: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2009
topic

it starts from the parents and what values are instilled in their children.

If the parents themselves have questionable values, then why expect the kids to be so different?
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by seedord247(m): 6:44am On Aug 25, 2010
To me parent are the real cause of this, How many Folks sit his or her child down for moral education, Sex Education and putting the fear of God in them from KG.
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by mutter(f): 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2010
This is a great topic and I am glad that so many people see it that way.
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by melidee: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2010
Most peopleof Nigeria will swear by god but did he not state words to the effect of be happy with what you have. This is the problem all over the world people are not happy that they can eat and have somewhere to sleep and just about manage topay scholl fees. They want to show that i have this i've got that. we cannot blame them soley for that mentality although it is bad most people of nigeria want to brag and boast about the materials they possess its so sad.
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by mutter(f): 12:26am On Aug 31, 2010
No demand- no supply.
As simple as that.
All men that frequent the Universities as brothels should be castrated. wink
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by MrSwizzy(m): 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2010
Hello everyone,

I think there are several reassons why a high number of girls in nigeria choose to sell their bodies.

1) Proverty - Even when they work very hard most still find it diffcult to make a living with their earnings and if there is no support from any relatives or friend they often find theirself in a situation of no choise.

2) Society - Girls are lead into it because of their sourroundings. They see the other girls living a good life with no or less finacial problems.

3) Greed - Even thou proverty is high and a great burden not only on students but unfortunatly on nigeria, girls seek for fast money because the now that within a week they can make the average salary of month.

I think there must be a moral change in the nigerian society and nollywood should also change the way of presenting woman. In so many movie it can be seen that woman are sleeping with a man for money and they take it as normal as eating breakfast in the moring.

Just as TOYOSI20 has said, those girls are our sisters, friends, auties etc. and just as we need to respekt them they also need to respekt theirself!
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Wumine(f): 1:09am On Oct 15, 2010
Being poor is not an excuse for prostitution. I had it tough while growing up but never prostituted myself so poverty is out of it, in my own opinion. Society and Greed, Yes. Parents have alot to do here. We need to train our kids well, most importantly the girl child, and let them be aware of the dangers involved in prostitution. The Society also have a role to play. If there is a serious penalty for those caught prostituting, the givers and takers, i think it will reduce. as in the case of the reduction in number of prostitutes on Abuja streets as they are arrested at sight now.
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by emekaj41: 7:07pm On Oct 20, 2010
Re: How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? by Mobinga: 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2010
emekaj41:

wetin dey worry dis 1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls / ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially / FG, LGA's Renew Marriage Registration Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.