Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,911 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Goodbye President Jonathan! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodbye President Jonathan! (762 Views)

Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State / President Jonathan’s Achievements In Infographics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Goodbye President Jonathan! by phantom(m): 6:23pm On May 28, 2015
I think in perspective the man Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was a man with a soft heart. AS A PERSON, on the street you are more likely to strike a friendship with this man than most of the so called performers we see today in our country........AS A PERSON that is.

I am one of those who firmly believe that if you do not have a strong personality, you will easily be blinded by the shenanigans of political play, the make believe world of Power, and the sweet talks of psycophants. GEJ, though a very amiable fellow, did not have the personality to push through whatever his intentions were. Add that to his TOTAL unpreparedness, and we had the perfect storm.

But in the next 24hours, all that will be in the past...,thankfully. Its time to move forward. Other than calling GEJ to account for his stewardship when the need arises, I hope the man will be allowed to rest. Unwanted leaders are rightly punished with rejection at the ballot. He has served that punishment. The only other issue is if we start finding strange amounts in funny bank accounts that suggest he was a party to all the malfeasance that went on under him.

And yes........,any attempt to probe his regime to the intentional exclusion of others will doom the next administration. Nigerians may be long suffering, but they are definitely not zombies. GEJ's leadership style brought the country to its knees no doubt, but let us remember Nigeria was no where near paradise when he came in. Selective Justice almost always does more harm than good. Ask OBJ, ask Nuhu Ribadu. Even at that, no Leadership records sustainable success by continual bashing of predecessors. Visits to the past should be professional, result oriented, devoid of sentiments and only to the extent that it can have a bearing on the Present and future.

While I am elated that we have avoided certain catastrophe, and while I look forward to the next regime with expectation, I am aware that it is only the vigilance of the populace that will keep us on the right track. An upright leader like GMB may make the journey easier, but a populace that is habitually watchful will rarely go wrong. Success is not a destination, but a journey with different stops. May the new driver steer us clear of Potholes and dead ends.

Goodbye Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, wishing you the best in future endeavours....,welcome Muhammadu Buhari, may the winds sail with you.

-culled from a post on facebook
Re: Goodbye President Jonathan! by DaBullIT(m): 6:56pm On May 28, 2015
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Goodbye President Jonathan! by phantom(m): 7:14pm On May 28, 2015
DaBullIT:
Good riddance to bad rubbish
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari’s Lucky Number- THESUMMARY / Speakership: Court Declines To Disqualify Gbajabiamila Over US Indictment / How Gbajabiamila Turn Down Dogara's Offer Of Deputy Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.