Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,571 members, 7,861,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:53 PM

Letter To President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To President Buhari (369 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's Return In Funny Tweets / Nigerians Reacts To President Buhari's Twit About The Murdered Woman In Kano / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To President Buhari by RichEstate(m): 11:03pm On May 28, 2015
NIGERIA... AND HERE WE GO!
He stepped forward to pick the ball and take the last penalty kick and if he scored Chelsea would be champions. As a fan of the club, Didier Drogba's short walk from centre circle where other players were standing in a tensed state seemed eternity to me, knowing fully well that Bayern munich were playing at home cum imagery of John Terry in the same situation against Manchester and seeing Manuel Neuer in goal, confidently looking at Didi added to my tension.
I wished the referee would just say 'Didi' whether you kick the ball into the net or not, i would count it as goal' but that won't be...i turned to a prayer warrior.
And then there we go, he kicked it and it was a GOAL!!! Then i felt relieved and jubilate wildly, putting off my cloth and rolling it in the air...how sweet a victory can be!
And now, Nigeria here we go!
Is this the victory we have longed for? Can president Buhari calm his nerve and hit corruption even if it would affect his guys? Can he deliver in four years, a nation that will have light 24/7? Can we have jobs for our teeming youths and enabling environment to do business? Can we have formal, informal and financial education for the populace? Can those refinerie start working? Can we... Can we... And can we?
Our problem is much that the requests will continue flowing. As we see you as the help and change that God sends to us, we know it will take time before we are totally healed from the selfish mentality that have befallen our leaders in the past (and mind you sir, as some of those players that witnessed Terry slipped against United were still present in the team when Drogba was about to kick the ball, so are many of the corrupt leaders even in your party).
You have our prayers for long life and self will to face the challenges. After that match, Drogba was addressed as a legend and that you can also be, not for winning the election after three failed attempt but because you deliver your own people and set standard for your successors.
And here we go! Another victory for me, not at Chelsea but for the land that birthed me, my father land.

Odunmorayo Olalekan
Author&speech writer.
olalekanchams.oo@gmail.com
Re: Letter To President Buhari by SUCRE007: 11:48pm On May 28, 2015
Thumbs up
Re: Letter To President Buhari by Goodcare(m): 12:04am On May 29, 2015
booked sir,

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Priotize Debt Repayment / My Views On Ffk's Nass Vote For Femi Gbaja / Court Hears Suit Against Govs’ Pension Laws Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.