Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU (35427 Views)

24 Sins Committed By Jonathan, Wike And PDP - APC / 8 New Ministers Appointed By Jonathan Get Portfolios / Olorunsogo Power Plant Commisioned By Jonathan Is Not Working - Bukola Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by sematec(m): 8:23am On May 29, 2015
Pakam... ASUU don wake, gbege don start
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by scachy(m): 8:28am On May 29, 2015
In this hard times 500 million naira is not enough to kickoff a single University. These lecturers are shadow criminals pass our politicians ooo.smh
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by wtfCode: 8:29am On May 29, 2015
he started with subsidy and ended with scacity. What a big failure.

1 Like

Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by myklangelo(m): 8:29am On May 29, 2015
Dr. Fagge sounds fake!

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by breakeven: 8:29am On May 29, 2015
ASUU headed by Dr fagge are an ungrateful bunch. No leader in this country has ever funded them the way GEJ did.What is illegal in institutions established by govt?.
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 8:38am On May 29, 2015
michael807:
ASUU when Oga joe was the president all of u r their setting in ur office. when Oga joe is talking about university u r their same f u people buy is ideal. Nigeria late b Franck with our self if Mr Joe is still the President ASUU will never said this. this our country we are not happen matter. this same people that buy Oga joe ideal r this same people saying the university is illegal where r the ASUU when open more than 15 university in Nigeria. this ASUU we r corrup let b frank let us b careful. pls let the upcoming Gover ment be care with all this men when their see there hop latter their change their mouth now because joe. them he has become political issue bfor their busy collecting morning is not political issue my the lord help our country Amen
nawa oo..bros d sec. Sch. u attended is illegal..ur gbagaun na die.
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by crystaliyamu20(m): 8:42am On May 29, 2015
You can easily get paid from sport betting, get 100% fixed games and make sure bets, subscribe today by contacting our agent on 2348136171479

Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 8:42am On May 29, 2015
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by babyfaceafrica: 8:43am On May 29, 2015
Nuc will just keep quiet ..instead of saying the truth..aslong as their salaries are paid....NUC always saying yes sir to sitting governments...they better wake up!!!
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 8:43am On May 29, 2015
wtfCode:
he started with subsidy and ended with scacity.
What a big failure.
u tink u would've done better if u were d president?..tfu bigtime!!!
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by wtfCode: 8:58am On May 29, 2015
Souljeezy:
u tink u would've done better if u were d president?..tfu bigtime!!!
why not.
If i have the opputunity to be the president, i swear nigeria will be the best country.
Trussme.
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 9:00am On May 29, 2015
So you took out your precious time to design this crap?? Smh for you
omophunky:
Jona himself is illegal.
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by simplysaka(m): 9:01am On May 29, 2015
jmoore:

www.newtelegraphonline.com/all-varsities-established-by-jonathan-are-illegal-says-ASUU

My own opinion is that if they did these act with sincere mind they should have followed due process than allowed people to rubbish them this way.
If Jonathan want qualitative education for the masses, then he should plan well than try to get kudos for a sub-standard and ill-equipped facilities on ground.
Follow my tweets @simplysaka.
Facebook/alsalamcomputers
www.sheriffdeenalsalamcommunication.com.ng
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by unmask: 9:09am On May 29, 2015
pacoubah:
Dis pple shuldnt stupid oooo.we ar complinin abt lack of universities in dis country dey ar busy talking abt d legality of d already established ones.dey shuld only try nd mk it legal nd den upgrade d facilities.both human personel.m sure many of dis pple sayingdis wil fail jamb if dey try to rewrite it dis tym arnd
who is complaining about lack of universities? a sampling of our universities shows that 80% of the students there have no business being there..... so it baffles me when you guys castigate ASUU for all the wrong reasons. Think of it 500million naira as take off grant for a university.

you might be happy with the quantity, but it is the quality that determines the impact on the nation

1 Like

Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by stchinedu: 9:10am On May 29, 2015
jmoore:
Eye service? You no talk am since, why?

I like to hear from NUC soon on this matter.
No mind them undecided
Everybody is trying to be 'relevant' by destroying another person's image. Character assassination is becoming a short cut to gaining 'relevance' undecided
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by ziryboy(m): 9:12am On May 29, 2015
CecyAdrian:
Where them dey since wen him dey commission dem
Please they should keep quiet
you know if they oppose him all this while he will terminate their appointment or don't you know Jonathan autocratic Govt? Who ever oppose his wrongs are been fired, so many have been fired

1 Like

Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Maj196(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2015
Ehn b4 nko
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Karleb(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2015
Lati gba wo?

Strictly speaking, ASUU is made up of learned illetrates. We have existing Universities that are not well equipped and allocated, does that make them illegal? A big fat no!

ASUU should just go back to the language they understand i.e strike and leave the job to NUC because all I see is i-service. undecided

1 Like

Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Abimbola29(m): 9:15am On May 29, 2015
Campaign after election!!when he was still in power we did not hear such Nigerians I heal de
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 9:15am On May 29, 2015
ASUU chair is right.

1.Universities in Nigeria are established with backing laws/acts of parliament/acts of national assembly. This is important....especially as a graduate from one of the new universities running for public office in the future can have his degree declared invalid on the grounds of ''no backing law''

2.N500million is not enough to start a university. You need funds for lecture theaters, staff salaries(academic and non-academic), hostels, student welfare, libraries,etc. And all these cost more than 500million naira.

3.Establishing more universities is not the point....it is whether we have the cash to keep funding them.....which is a problem Buhari and anyone coming after him is going to face. Pretty soon....we either increase fees....or allow people to graduate with poor quality degrees because we do not have enough funds for facilities and lecturers. And speaking of lecturers..we do not have enough of them for existing universities...talkless of new ones.

Sorry....but the ASUU president is right.
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by carinmom(f): 9:16am On May 29, 2015
eph12:

What kind of law must be in support of their establishment? Educate me.
Go back and read what the ASUU boss said, unless if u are too dull to comprehend
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 9:18am On May 29, 2015
Karleb:
Lati gba wo?

Strictly speaking, ASUU is made up of learned illetrates. We have existing Universities that are not well equipped and allocated, does that make them illegal? A big fat no!

ASUU should just go back to the language they understand i.e strike and leave the job to NUC because all I see is i-service. undecided

ASUU chair did raise some pertinent issues.

Like the legal aspect. If a law is not put in place backing the universities(all federal and state universities have enabling laws.)....it could cause legal complications for the graduates in the future.

And let's be honest.....we don't have enough money for new universities talkess of the old ones. Which means that at this rate.....universities will have to increase fees to break even. And you won't like it.
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 9:21am On May 29, 2015
breakeven:

ASUU headed by Dr fagge are an ungrateful bunch. No leader in this country has ever funded them the way GEJ did.What is illegal in institutions established by govt?.

Nothing...but they still need the legal backup by the National Assembly.

If GEJ were a millitary leader....he would have just established the unis via decree.....which is what was done by millitary rulers. Such decrees were later incorporated into our 1999 constitution.

If no legal backup....a graduate from such a university could be in a position where is degree is declared fake because ''no enabling law''.
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 9:23am On May 29, 2015
scachy:
In this hard times 500 million naira is not enough to kickoff a single University. These lecturers are shadow criminals pass our politicians ooo.smh

It isn't....and the real point really is....how do you sustain funding?

Which is the real ''elephant in the room''.

Contrary to popular opinion, the last ASUU strike was about funding....and the 2009 agreement provided N3trillion for facililties....which was reduced in 2013 to 1 trillion over 5 years. To be shared by 50-70 universities. Now is that enough?

At the end of the day...fees will go up....and you will be annoyed.
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 9:26am On May 29, 2015
eph12:

What kind of law must be in support of their establishment? Educate me.

Every University has an enabling law....either by act of parliament (eg UNN , ABU, UI and UNILAG) or by military decree...later incorporated into the constitution (University of Jos, Uniben).

Without it...your degree could be declared fake....which is rather inconvenient when you have just won an election for example.
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by CecyAdrian(f): 9:29am On May 29, 2015
ziryboy:
you know if they oppose him all this while he will terminate their appointment or don't you know Jonathan autocratic Govt? Who ever oppose his wrongs are been fired, so many have been fired
True in a way, but they are party to it!
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 9:30am On May 29, 2015
oduastates:
ASSU should go and sit down.
We only hear their voices when they want salary increase.
They should be the ones setting the agenda and shaping opinions.instead we have a bunch of twitterattis and bloggers doing the job.
Na only handout and "knacking" dem sabi

While some lecturers are corrupt( Farooq Kperogi has a good series of articles on the issue)...the truth is our universities are lacking facilities....and the last two ASUU strikes were ALL about facilities. Salaries also....but mostly facilities.

Which right now...there is no extra money for.

N3trillion was promised for facilities in 2009....which was knocked down to 1TRILLION in 2013.....and now zero thanks to the drop in oil prices.

In my opinion...fees may have to go up...something ASUU, the Govt and the Nigerian people do not want. But it sadly is the cold reality...or else poor Nigerian students are going to lose out to Nigerians with foreign degrees in the job market.
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 9:31am On May 29, 2015
Emphany:
Can you imagine ASUU saying what is legal and wat is not. They are all jes thieves.

Graduating from a university that has no ''enabling act of parliament'' can be risky for your future prospects.

Buhari and the National Assembly should rectify the matter.
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by Nobody: 9:33am On May 29, 2015
oduastates:

Mr it is that "me me me" attitude that is killing Nigeria and ASUU should know better. In a country where tribal and religious affiliation are pronounced, the academia is where you expect to get the uniformity, consensus, unity and the affirmation of ideas, ideology and direction.
ASUU I repeat,is a useless organisation. Apart from a few professors (Akin Oyebode, David west,Itse sagay,Pat utomi ) who put in an effort to shape the direction of the country, they are barely better than the road transport union.
One of them in ekiti( a professor in sociology wrote one useless article to spite fayemi.
An end to spreadsheet government.
I am like, "what they hell"?
I regard ASUU as no different from the road transport union.

ASUU also fights to see that your universities are well equiped....which was the goal of the last 2 strikes.

I refer you to this thread...https://www.nairaland.com/1471435/ASUU-strike-lecturer-speaks
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by scachy(m): 9:33am On May 29, 2015
bushdoc9919:

It isn't....and the real point really is....how do you sustain funding?

Which is the real ''elephant in the room''.

Contrary to popular opinion, the last ASUU strike was about funding....and the 2009 agreement provided N3trillion for facililties....which was reduced in 2013 to 1 trillion over 5 years. To be shared by 50-70 universities. Now is that enough?

At the end of the day...fees will go up....and you will be annoyed.
500mn was given as kickoff fund, there're other mean d school can generate funds internally to Augument wat fed.Govt.gave. D problem is that every sectors in Nigeria wants to be well taking care of at d same time without consideration that there are other sectors that needs to be taking care of as well. If ASUU leaders r using the funds provided by Govt judiciously it ll go a long way in terms of facilities. but wat we see in our public sector is pathetic, d leaders ll take care of their pockets first before d institutions at d end, de ll start making noise of being underfunded. Am not saying that d federal government has funded them adequately, but d question is, d money ASUU received from various Govts, how well did they utilize it? and d facilities provide, how well did they manage n maintain them?
Re: All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU by pawesome(m): 9:38am On May 29, 2015
dis kind its been long de hv heard f dem...nw de re tryn to create sumtin out f ntin...sets of B I T C H E S.....de should go look fr a sit n stay put till baba stats showing dem wt he is made up of...edjots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamma Ohakim-Okorafor Welcomes Her Second Child (Pics) / Senator Danbaba Names 10 Northern States PDP Will Win In 2019 / Kwara State Governor-elect Visits Bola Tinubu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.