Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? (15872 Views)

Happy Democracy Day Celebration / Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) / Happy Democracy Day!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by akingbatope: 4:01am On May 29, 2015
MrLayih:
Happy Democracy day Nigeria...Its really a democrazy day as We are changing president.

I pray God put the Love of Nigerians in BUHARI's heart,and He should give him for knowledge to rule over Nigeria

Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria
it will be well wit u in government, and well wit our dere country welcomed Mr new president

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by MrLayih(m): 4:02am On May 29, 2015
akingbatope:
it will be well wit u in government, and well wit our dere country welcomed Mr new president
you are mistaken me for Buhari...
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Nobody: 4:04am On May 29, 2015
i wish and pray for a lot of things for Nigeria but all in all i pray for a better Nigeria, a safer and healthier country in every aspect. it's going to take a lot of work , considering Jonathan left a lot of mess for Buhari to clean up. pple hv to be patient too n not expect Buhari to perform miracles overnight

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Nobody: 4:12am On May 29, 2015
He should lead Nigeria as a father to all,not tto apc or hausa/fulani alone,but to all Nigerians. I wish him strength and wisdom to steer the wheels of leadership in this complex country called Nigeria. Happy Democracy Day to all of us!

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by abnsugbe: 4:13am On May 29, 2015
Medley:
One thing is certain; it doesn't matter who wears the topmost crown of leadership in Nigeria, what we should be concerned with is - can Nigeria be taken to an unreached height of success in the echelon of countries.

Far worse than the menace caused by boko-haram is one's wish that this new regime should fail,to corroborate and affirm all our earlier assertions, projections and calculations. If the country begins to experience good governance, boko-haram wiped out(even if it happens from may 30,we shouldn't conjure obscure imaginations that anyone has a link in it),& an unparalled investment boom etc.

We all will be rejoicing. Who says Nigeria can't feed children in school? Who says we can't have 24hrs power supply? Who says unemployed youth corpers can't be paid? Who says we can't become an exporting country? - in bad faith and previous records held, its a No No; but this is a new era.

what if companies pay their taxes in full? What if ports corruption are stopped? What if oil revenues Are not stolen? What if our senators and reps. In the upper and lower chambers(respectively) slashes their salaries and allowances? What if project are not inflated and overblown? What if borrowed funds are actually used judiciously and optimally(considering what happened in the power sector)? What if oil theft is no more? What if agriculture experiences recrudescence? What if contractors don't elope with funds?...

The set goals and vision of the new regime may not be what seem achieveable today,because we are used to the lie we've been told and Nigeria's poor record of leadership at the top; but lets believe it can be achievable tomorrow.

May be not in 6-months,may be in a year; but at the end let Nigeria be called a nation,that's one - devoid of tribal and religion bias and bigotry, growing daily in leap and bounds were non-oil revenue will be our major earner for forex. For a Nigeria we all can be proud of,were our fine brains outside see reasons to be part of the Nigeria project and our youths not dying daily for illicit offences outside Nigeria in search of happiness(even in poor countries that Nigeria's GDP is bigger than).

lets take that leap of faith.

What are your prayers and wishes for the mohammadu Buhari regime?

The Imbesilic Presdio is going home empty handed
He is a fool and to me the worst President ever..he is a gud man and never a Politican cos when the Real Politics came,he was Defeated...He need did any tin for the IGBOs...he was Just there to satisfy and build many Alamjeri school for the Hausas who never liked Him cos he is nt a Muslim,cos he is nt a killer like Mohammed...fools
Lets see how the season two will be...Jonatan Has acted season one..........i object everytin about dis Man starting from his age...for me,Nigeria will Forever be a failed State..not even a Nation cos according to oxford dictionary:A nation is a group of people with common culture,goal,language etc....
No body is corrupy free in Nigeria but what kills or expose our Corrupt Practises is OVER GREEDYNEES
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by abnsugbe: 4:15am On May 29, 2015
pocohantas:
Longlife
May every anti-Buhari be put to shame.

Lets all work towards a greater Nigeria, irrespective of our tribes or political affiliation.
Buhari and GEJ look like men that have no ill feelings against each other, I hope their advisers don't spoil what they share.

The Imbesilic Presdio is going home empty handed
He is a fool and to me the worst President ever..he is a gud man and never a Politican cos when the Real Politics came,he was Defeated...He need did any tin for the IGBOs...he was Just there to satisfy and build many Alamjeri school for the Hausas who never liked Him cos he is nt a Muslim,cos he is nt a killer like Mohammed...fools
Lets see how the season two will be...Jonatan Has acted season one..........i object everytin about dis Man starting from his age...for me,Nigeria will Forever be a failed State..not even a Nation cos according to oxford dictionary:A nation is a group of people with common culture,goal,language etc....
No body is corrupy free in Nigeria but what kills or expose our Corrupt Practises is OVER GREEDYNEES
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by AreaFada2: 4:26am On May 29, 2015
My wish is that during Buhari's regime, Nigerians should finally realise that the change they expect is not coming from only one man in Aso Rock. That the change should come from everyone collectively beginning from each individual and each household.

That Nigerians imbibe the following:

Genuinely fear GOD in all they do (not just for show).
More patriotic
Upright
Incorrputible
Proud citizens
Work even harder
Charitable
Criticise constructively
Curb greed
Begin to cherish substance instead of show (packaging).
Respect fellow citizens's individual rights & freedoms (including sanctity of life: no jungle justic or ritual killing).
Expect less from the centre/country
Give more to their fatherland
Curb bigotry & tribalism
Pay taxes
See Nigeria's wealth as a patrimony, not for just indivual exploitation
Think of future generations and plan for them
Do not make themselves tools in the hands of big men (including politicians) who care about nobody else but themselves.

If citizens imbibe most of the above attributes, GMB's task would be much easier.

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by MKO4ever(m): 4:29am On May 29, 2015
I have no doubt that the man mean good for Nigeria, so I pray that God should give him enough wisdom and support to take us to the promised land. Our expectations are high.

Meanwhile make I still sleep small
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by chamboy(m): 4:45am On May 29, 2015
Rain of change
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by directonpc(m): 4:57am On May 29, 2015
Long live Naija! Listen/download change by Harrysong we really need to work together http://7rl.in/a7yD
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by abnsugbe: 4:58am On May 29, 2015
darne:
May this be the best of everything for Nigeria ,...God Bless Nigeria !

how can?..he will rule till in 2019 again naaa maybe at the age of 80 ...useless Tin
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by EKPETI(m): 5:01am On May 29, 2015
One Nigeria!

PMB, Should recover our stolen money from the looters and give no room for CORRUPTION. We also need Power to be Stable.

Long Live PMB!
Long Live Nigeria!
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by emzila(m): 5:06am On May 29, 2015
Amara25god:
Buhari...you have so much on you, remember your campaign promises, #1 = $1...remember to create jobs for millions of Nigeria youth..most of dem are on NL...pls Buhari give us light and reform NNPC...
The one above has nothing to say, always rushing for "1st to comment"...buhari give him a job....goodluck in the next 4 years
Buhari didnt promise u dat, go and read ur newspaper very well. He was never quoted, ('' '') to have said that. It was just a caption by vanguard to sell their paper when d campaign was at its pick. Buhari only expressed dissatisfaction about the wide gap between naira and dollar while speaking in owerri.

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Nihilist: 5:13am On May 29, 2015
Yes, we dey happy for democracy, while some foolish ones dem dey demo dey craze.

I say dem kill man, Wike kill man oo, hang am for on top tree...

If I say P, you say D,another man say P....omo na you sabi. angry
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Bifwoli: 5:16am On May 29, 2015
dapsy4u2:
Change has come!
Change is here!!
Change will stay!!!

I pray that he fails disastrously coz a goat herder like Buhari is not fit for Aso Rock.

A liar with not certificate...GMB needs to join liarswithoutborders.
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by abnsugbe: 5:16am On May 29, 2015
The Imbesilic Jonatan has gone home empty handed
He was a fool and to me the worst President ever..he was a gud man and never a Politican cos when the Real Politics came,he was Defeated...He never did any tin for the IGBOs...he was Just there to satisfy and build many Alamjeri school for the Hausas who never liked Him cos he is nt a Muslim,cos he is nt a killer like Mohammed...fools
Lets see how the season two will be...Jonatan Has acted season one..........i object everytin about dis Man called BUhari starting from his age....a man with Loss of Memory...for me,Nigeria will Forever be a failed State..not even a Nation cos according to oxford dictionary:A nation is a group of people with common culture,goal,language etc....
No body is corrupt free in Nigeria but what kills or expose our Corrupt Practises is OVER GREEDYNEES
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by emzila(m): 5:16am On May 29, 2015
May God almighty, in his spirit through the new president, General Muhammadu Buhari, steer the affairs of Nigeria to His glory. Hence forth, may great nations call Nigeria a greater Nation, may greater thins continue to happen in Nigeria such that Green White Green become group of colours that the world will treasure, may we leave in peace together, in joy and abundance to all. This and many more i ask God through Christ our Lord, Amen.
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Mubarack44(m): 5:31am On May 29, 2015
May Almighty Allah guide him throughout his tenure
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Nobody: 5:33am On May 29, 2015
I pray for good governance,a government that will alleviate the sufferings of the common man,i wish he and his cabinet God's grace always as they work towards a better nigeria
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Nobody: 5:47am On May 29, 2015
I wish the incoming president exactly the same thing him and his followers wished the out going president in jesus name. amen.
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Nobody: 5:49am On May 29, 2015
God bless nigeria.

Wishing the new government. Gods blessing and power to govern well

Long life to president. M.B.

Long live nigeria

Happy democracy all
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by wisehouse(m): 5:51am On May 29, 2015
just WISDOM TRUE WISDOM
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by prettyboi1(m): 6:03am On May 29, 2015
May God guide,guard and lead him to lead Nigeria rightly from "basic" to a great nation which we sure have potentials for, may he live long and in great health. Amen.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by moufan: 6:03am On May 29, 2015
GOD will guide and protect him and will give him the wisdom to lead the nation and we will all enjoy the dividends of democracy insha ALLAH
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Nobody: 6:04am On May 29, 2015
Buhari will live to take Nigeria to greater heights. HE WILL DEFINITELY SUCCEED. Long live our President, PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI. We that are for you are way more than those that are against you.
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by alvan06(m): 6:12am On May 29, 2015
Wishing buhari good health,he should maintain his integrity bcus that is first reason Nigerians voted him in,he should be courageous in carrying out the assessment of leadership without fear or favour,he shouldn't witch hunt those that have offended him but work with good Nigerians that will put the interest of our dear nation before their personal needs,i will call on all Nigerian home or abroad to be patient with buhari,he should never compromise Nigeria with apc party system of governance,the likes of obj,tinubu should stay clear from aso rock unless they are needed........... Long live Nigeria
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by jireh250: 6:13am On May 29, 2015
Dear God, thank you for Nigeria. You who created the earth from a comatose state, can create and recreate Nigeria again...please work in and through Buhari and Osinbajo to make Nigeria a paradise. Grant them grace, will, the right people and resources to achieve this. They won't fail, fall nor falter. They will do much more than we expected. They will indeed fight corruption, transform our Energy sector, create jobs, strengthen education, stimulate Education, alleviate poverty,etc. During their reign, there shall be peace, unity, prosperity, comfort and righteousness in this Land. Please be their very present help every time. When they have done eight years, may we beg them to do another four. This and many more we ask in Jesus Name...Amen!
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Mcowubaba: 6:15am On May 29, 2015
I wisk him nd his team Sucess...nd he should just try nd achieve:
1. Curb/annihilate boko haram nd provide adequate Security.
2. Steady/Constant power supply...atleast 19hrs a day...
Thats all!!!! Nd sire if u do just this 2 things, u have my vote in 2019 provided u don't do anything worse...thanks..
See as i dey talk as if GMB d read dis thingcheesy...
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by phonespecs: 6:16am On May 29, 2015
kiss kiss

Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Medley(m): 6:17am On May 29, 2015
iykebesbt1:
Op U no dey sleep? U be witch??

successes achieved by great men alike,are by burning their midnight oil,when others slept. The morning,afternoon and evening is sometimes too small to do a little more.
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Nobody: 6:21am On May 29, 2015
I wish myself and family the very best of luck in buhari tenure Johnathan 4years was a badluck..a lot of bad things happened such as deaths,failures and some unspeakables...My family needs a change to better.
Re: Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? by Fundamentalist: 6:23am On May 29, 2015
Here is the reality on ground.... Baba Buhari I pray you succeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services / Jos Crisis: Ugwuanyi Evacuates Enugu Students In UNIJOS / Pro-jang Governors Stop Him From Reading Communiqué

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.