Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari (2704 Views)

Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch / Clark To Buhari: Don't Scrap Niger Delta Amnesty / Okonjo-iweala To Buhari: Don’t Scrap YOUWIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by ChappyChase: 5:37am On May 29, 2015
The minister of finance and the coordinating minister for the economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has appealed to the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration not to jettison the YOUWIN initiative of the Goodluck Jonathan’s administration considering its benefits to the youths.
The minister, who spoke at a reception organised by the Ndi-Igbo Youth Organisation, in partnership with the Voice of All Arewa Youth in Abuja, to honour her for her meritorious service, equally urged the government to continue with economic policies that are beneficial and review the ones that needs to be improved upon.
Acknowledging that the youths were central to any transformation, the minister said that Jonathan charged the economic team to evolve programmes that will address the unemployment crisis facing the nation.
“My charge as minister was to create jobs. So we set out to find out how many jobs that were needed because you cannot create jobs in a vacuum. You also realise that the bulk of the nation’s population is made up of young people. So if you don’t factor them into any transformation, it is bound to fail,” she said.
NB: this was gotten from the vangurd news paper..

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by jorlons(m): 5:40am On May 29, 2015
Although I'm a critic of madam NOI, I support the Youwin initiative. It must however be made more transparent.
I also would love to see more special skills acquisition programs. We need a stricter local content policy. I pray PMB will be able to assemble the best economic team to work with our Vp.
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by 9niceguy(m): 5:48am On May 29, 2015
He won't, if truly you guys are sincere with the program
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Emphany: 5:53am On May 29, 2015
If he really is having the thought of the Nigerian youth in heart,then he won't scrab YOUWIN,tho there were bad eggs dat spoilt the mix,buh Thats another reason GeJ is...was the best president Nigeria ever have...had.

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Nobody: 6:03am On May 29, 2015
Nonsense

Is youwin part of the APC manifesto?

If we keep the yoiwin and other money swallowing virtual projects, how can we commence the free food and welfare pay for the people?

Okonjo iweala should just shut up and go back to her village...we all know she has run out of ideas. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Terry68: 6:04am On May 29, 2015
9niceguy:
He won't, if truly you guys are sincere with the program

And if Pmb also have the youths at heart.
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by socialmediaman: 6:08am On May 29, 2015
I believe he won't, but why didn't Jonathan conclude this year's own before exiting? It should have been concluded months ago. Anyway, I think the programme should empower up to 25,000 youths to make meaningful impact, not a mere 1,500. This was one of the reasons that I didn't support Jonathan, doing very little and making mouth as if many were empowered
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Chigold101(m): 6:11am On May 29, 2015
Well they never believed in any of GEJ's policy.
But they have been courting his Agric Minister.
if they Scrap YOUWIN nothing will happen afterall they are now in the driving seat.
But anybody that loves Nigerian youths and scraps youwin is the number one hater of Nigerian Youths.

even if they will keep it to make sure they rubbish GEJ, they will have to change the name...

But all I know is that APC and GMB have no policy of their own... They will keep running most or if not all GEJ's policy but with a change of name.
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Beremx(f): 6:14am On May 29, 2015
The YOUWIN programme is a scam. It must be thrown into the Atlantic Ocean.
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by pacoubah(m): 6:20am On May 29, 2015
Y shuld she b begging d man.I really dnt wnt much continuity frm dis government.
Still wait for real tin frm dt YouWin sef
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by socialmediaman: 6:20am On May 29, 2015
Chigold101:
Well they never believed in any of GEJ's policy.
But they have been courting his Agric Minister.
if they Scrap YOUWIN nothing will happen afterall they are now in the driving seat.
But anybody that loves Nigerian youths and scraps youwin is the number one hater of Nigerian Youths.

even if they will keep it to make sure they rubbish GEJ, they will have to change the name...

But all I know is that APC and GMB have no policy of their own... They will keep running most or if not all GEJ's policy but with a change of name.

What were GEJ policies? All of them except Youwin were Yar'Adua's policies, that's if you've been really following politics... Govt should be a continuous process so he wouldn't throw away GEJ's Programmes that were successful

Seems you don't know why GEJ was voted out. Lemme explain to you. His government was wasteful, they wasted trillions without achieving much, even with the best intentions, if you're wasteful, you won't be able to save to send money home to your retired parents, this is an example.

While GEJ was budgeting 15 billion annually for YouWin, he was budgeting 2.5 trillion for subsidy cabals and thieves, does that make any sense? How can he make any meaningful impact with only 15 billion that benefits only 1,500 youths?

2 Likes

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Nobody: 6:21am On May 29, 2015
My corper friend started a pharmacy via the youwin initiative back then. Now? She pays me to supply drugs to her pharmacy.

Even though this may be hard for some people to admit but GEJ did help a lot of youths, probably mostly in my area. A friend started her fish farm via the agricultural initiative from GEJ. Loans where dished out to very many corpers that went into a lot of businesses.

My church, my cds, govt officials would always come over to explain the youwin, sure-p, agric initiative etc from the govt and why we should participate in them

Trust these Igbos to take advantage of the GEJ initiative. Went to onitsha the other day and saw a friend that now owns a shop there.. He's doing pretty good

GEJ really helped in those initiative and I forever appreciate him for those things. Now, a lot of Nigerian youths are being called "boss" and it's thanks to him

2 Likes

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by eedriyz(m): 6:21am On May 29, 2015
YOUWIN ko, YOULOSE no. A beg throw the nonesense away and give us better empowerment programmes. the so called Youwin is not even beneficial to 0.01% of the youth's unemployed population

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by socialmediaman: 6:24am On May 29, 2015
eedriyz:
YOUWIN ko, YOULOSE no. A beg throw the nonesense away and give us better empowerment programmes. the so called Youwin is not even beneficial to 0.01% of the youth's unemployed population

This is the basic simple truth GEJ supporters have refused to understand.

Though I don't want it thrown away, I suggest they increase the beneficiaries up to 25,000 or even 50,000
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Nobody: 6:26am On May 29, 2015
eedriyz:
pure lies.. I know many people that gained from such. Probably you're still in school, cos the initiatives where targeted at corpers
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by socialmediaman: 6:28am On May 29, 2015
liberty300:
My corper friend started a pharmacy via the youwin initiative back then. Now? She pays me to supply drugs to her pharmacy.

Even though this may be hard for some people to admit but GEJ did help a lot of youths, probably mostly in my area. A friend started his fish farm via the agricultural initiative from GEJ. Loans where dished out to very many corpers that went into a lot of businesses.

My church, my cds, govt officials would always come over to explain the youwin, sure-p, agric initiative etc from the govt and why we should participate in them

Trust these Igbos to take advantage of the GEJ initiative. Went to onitsha the other day and saw a friend that now owns a shop there.. He's doing pretty good

GEJ really helped in those initiative and I forever appreciate him for those things. Now, a lot of Nigerian youths are being called "boss" and it's thanks to him

You guys just don't get it. Youwin was a good initiative that empowered only 1,500 people annually. Don't use yourself to judge millions of people. The beneficiaries should be up to 50,000 if the programme will make a meaningful impact. You sound as if every intelligent person will succeed in the youwin, you're wrong, only 200 will be selected from each geopolitical region.

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by eedriyz(m): 6:30am On May 29, 2015
liberty300:
pure lies.. I know many people that gained from such. Probably you're still in school, cos the initiatives where targeted at corpers

Maybe Igbo corpers alone, cos I don't know of a single person who won

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by socialmediaman: 6:30am On May 29, 2015
liberty300:

Not just corpers but graduates, working or not. The problem is, only 1,500 people benefit annually out of over 1 million prospective entrepreneurs. So tell me how 1,500 will make any meaningful impact on unemployment?
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Nobody: 6:35am On May 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

You guys just don't get it. Youwin was a good initiative that empowered only 1,500 people annually. Don't use yourself to judge millions of people. The beneficiaries should be up to 50,000 if the programme will make a meaningful impact. You sound as if every intelligent person will succeed in the youwin, you're wrong, only 200 will be selected from each geopolitical region.
no! They youwin was like a loans shark that gave money to corpers who submitted proposals for a business they have an idea to. The govt gives them the loan and goes as far as helpin them establish. After the business picks up within a couple of months, the loan is paid back to the govt.

My friend submitted her proposal and guess what? 2 days later, fidelity bank officials came looking for her and agreed to give her the loan from the youwin initiative (yes, the govt partners with several banks on this).

It's that simple, I didn't hear of a number cap to it

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Nobody: 6:36am On May 29, 2015
eedriyz:

Maybe Igbo corpers alone, cos I don't know of a single person who won
this nonsense again?! Do you have an idea how you tribalists sound @times? Corpers don't have "Igbos or Hausa" labels to them. It's a place where tribalism ends. I knew of tribalism on the Internet... Mostly on nairaland I must add
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by socialmediaman: 6:38am On May 29, 2015
liberty300:
no! They youwin was like a loans shake that gave money to corpers who submitted proposals for a business they have an idea to. The govt gives them the loan and goes as far as helpin them establish. After the business picks up within a couple of months, the loan is paid back to the govt.

My friend submitted her proposal and guess what? 2 days later, fidelity bank officials came looking for her and agreed to give her the loan from the youwin initiative (yes, the govt partners with several banks on this).

It's that simple, I didn't hear of a number cap to it

Youwin was a grant, not loan. Seems you don't have concrete knowledge of their objectives. Their website is www.youwin.org.ng and its a business competition in which only 1,500 will be finally selected out of all the applicants and each will be given up to 10million Naira each, free, not loan

2 Likes

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Nobody: 6:40am On May 29, 2015
YouWin was a nice programme. At least I saw people who benefited from it.
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by stinggy(m): 6:42am On May 29, 2015
Any grant scheme without a mandatory payback channel is sham and should be discontinued!
I know of just one person that benefited from this scheme and he mismanaged the fund since he had no mind of repaying the money.

Guess what the fool did immediately after disbursement - he married a new wife embarassed
Crazy assss fellow. Now he's back to base one

IMHO, YouWin needs to be replaced with a better scheme that empowers the state to jail you if you default in repayment of the money granted!

Over and Out
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Nobody: 6:46am On May 29, 2015
stinggy:
Any grant scheme without a mandatory payback channel is sham and should be discontinued!
I know of just one person that benefited from this scheme and he mismanaged the fund since he had no mind of repaying the money.

Guess what the fool did immediately after disbursement - he married a new wife embarassed

IMHO, YouWin needs to be replaced with a better scheme that empowers the state to jail you if you default in repayment of the money granted!

Over and Out
you are a big liar!!! The govt holds on to something precious of yours to make sure you don't waste the money. For the corpers, it's their discharge certificate. Wch without it, you are ruined as a graduate

Stop this nonsense lies!!!
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by efilefun(m): 6:48am On May 29, 2015
grin

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Nobody: 6:51am On May 29, 2015
efilefun:
grin
if you think for a second you're ruining GEJ or the pdp by getting rid of this initiative then you're wrong. You are only ruining the future of the Nigerian youths who won't get the opportunity that we got.

That's just plain wickedness
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Metrofox(m): 6:51am On May 29, 2015
Beremx:
erm.. I don't agree with you on this one, i think we need to really study and refine before we give a definite way forward in this initiative.. in the spirit of no victor no vanquished, for God & country.. Happy democracy day Nigeria
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by Nobody: 7:02am On May 29, 2015
Beremx:
you sound like a very very bitter child. I don't think I would want to come across someone like you in real life

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by iykebesbt1(m): 7:03am On May 29, 2015
the one GEJ has been counting as one of his achievements in office?... U are lucky cos am outta fvcks
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by efilefun(m): 7:04am On May 29, 2015
liberty300:
if you think for a second you're ruining GEJ or the pdp by getting rid of this initiative then you're wrong. You are only ruining the future of the Nigerian youths who won't get the opportunity that we got.

That's just plain wickedness
Better policies could come up to replace that... moreover this is a new government with its own vision and mission so it doesnt have to retain anything it doesnt believe in.
Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by socialmediaman: 7:05am On May 29, 2015
stinggy:

Over and Out

My brother, this was almost my stand from day 1.

Youwin should be meant for serious people who want to succeed. There are people who even want a bank loan with interest and believe they'll be successful, but they can't get. Youwin should be a non-interest loan for entrepreneurs, once you make it like that, the chaff will be separated from the substance and you'll identify the real entrepreneurs, then you work out a repayment plan, say 20 years.

Before any disbursement, everyone should be issued a social security number which all banks in Nigeria should be mandated to make everyone get, to operate an account. With this unique number, anywhere you go to, your credit history will pull up, and if you have any bad loans like Youwin, it will tell immediately. This is a security measure that works abroad and we could simply adopt it here. Before you even rent a house, get a job etc, they use your social security ID and do a background check, and if you have criminal or financial bad record, it will tell them.

This is so simple! Damn our Think tanks man, they're almost useless to this country

Social security number should have been used to override collaterals by now cos with it, you have nowhere to hide with a bad debt, your ATM, bank account, school ID, employee ID, everything is tied to it, so you have nowhere to hide, soooooo damn simple!

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari by ChappyChase: 7:34am On May 29, 2015
soe:
Nonsense

Is youwin part of the APC manifesto?

If we keep the yoiwin and other money swallowing virtual projects, how can we commence the free food and welfare pay for the people?

Okonjo iweala should just shut up and go back to her village...we all know she has run out of ideas. Nonsense
My guy am also an APC supporter. But, you see that free food for school and welfare packages of #4000 am strongly against it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious: Ameachi Laments To Tinubu And Buhari About Senate Screening / After Reading This You Will Change Your Mind About Amaechi's Portfolio / Breaking Ugu News:: Obiano Speaks..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.