Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Android M: All 55 New Features - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android M: All 55 New Features (3143 Views)

Whatsapp Amazing New Features For Recalling Your Messages / Chinese Invent Clone Of Iphone 7 - 4gb RAM, 258gb Internal Memory, Android M. / Whatsapp Rolls Out New Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android M: All 55 New Features by Nobody: 10:10am On May 30, 2015
lanre316:

I've not seen any custom ROM for tecno phantom a plus. The MIUI ROM I flashed contained lots of bugs.

Are an advance user?
Do u know linux and java?
Can you read,interprete and edit a source code or logcat?

If the your answers are yes,then get the MIUI source and fix the bugs...Cyanogen.does not have.device tree for techno phones,I would have advice you build your own cyanogen mod
Re: Android M: All 55 New Features by lanre316: 10:21am On May 30, 2015
danjumakolo:

Are an advance user?

If the your answers are yes,then get the MIUI source and fix the bugs...Cyanogen.does not have.device tree for techno phones,I would have advice you build your own cyanogen mod

O my, I thought I'm an android guru but now I realise how much I still don't know. I know nothing of all you are talking about here but I will do some research about them. We keep learning everyday. Thanks a lot.
Re: Android M: All 55 New Features by swisscarter(m): 11:33am On May 30, 2015
danjumakolo:

Are an advance user?

1) tecno hasn't released their source codes
2)even if they have a source code building a cm12 ROM would be pretty hectic
3)also unless they have a lollipop kernel the cm12 ROM to be ported will have bugs... Like WiFi, camera, data conn etc
4)as you stated cm12 needs a major knowledge of Linux and java......

But I've read thru cyanogen wiki and github about cm12....its really a sweet task... grin grin
Re: Android M: All 55 New Features by swisscarter(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2015
All the same.. Enjoying android M launcher on my lollipop

Re: Android M: All 55 New Features by Nobody: 11:58am On May 30, 2015
swisscarter:

1) tecno hasn't released their source codes
2)even if they have a source code building a cm12 ROM would be pretty hectic
3)also unless they have a lollipop kernel the cm12 ROM to be ported will have bugs... Like WiFi, camera, data conn etc
4)as you stated cm12 needs a major knowledge of Linux and java......

But I've read thru cyanogen wiki and github about cm12....its really a sweet task... grin grin

Techno is powered by Android.Android is opensource.
If you need the source,get it from techno company.But like I said,u have to know java and also have time.There are lots of unofficial cm12 kernel on xda.But u have to do lots of bionic patches having in mind that the system on chip of techno phones are mtk which is not qualcom and gpl compliant
Re: Android M: All 55 New Features by swisscarter(m): 1:14pm On May 30, 2015
danjumakolo:

Techno is powered by Android.Android is opensource.
If you need the source,get it from techno company.But like I said,u have to know java and also have time.There are lots of unofficial cm12 kernel on xda.But u have to do lots of bionic patches having in mind that the system on chip of techno phones are mtk which is not qualcom and gpl compliant
yes I know.. But looking from the mtk point of view... Most people who call themselves devs only know how to port a ROM and not build one from scratch... Also I've only seen one unofficial cm12 for mtk...micromax....that's the only mtk phone I've seen with cm12
Re: Android M: All 55 New Features by Collinz2(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2015
danjumakolo:
Currently rocking my own compile lollipop 5.0.1 on my oppo n1.

Seriously waiting for M
did u compile it from source.
Re: Android M: All 55 New Features by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 30, 2015
Collinz2:
did u compile it from source.

Yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Major Phone Giants In Nigeria To Play A Match. Who Would Win? See Pix Inside / Which Phone Can I Buy With 38k / I Need To Be Flogged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.