Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State (3126 Views)

Obaseki Appoints Esther Ikponmwen As New CJ As Edo Assembly Suspends Member / Wike Appoints Kenneth Kobani As SSG / Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Nobody: 11:55am On May 29, 2015
At the Stadium in PH,Wike orders her to resume as Chief Judge and reopening of the State House of Assembly immiediatly!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by excellentmomma(f): 11:56am On May 29, 2015
Ok, has he been sworn in?
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by olu77(m): 11:56am On May 29, 2015
Orders?
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:57am On May 29, 2015
Waiting to hear the order that amaechi lg chairmen should go back to their villages

12 Likes

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:57am On May 29, 2015
excellentmomma:
Ok, has he been sworn in?
Yes,this is his first act as governor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Bugatie(m): 11:59am On May 29, 2015
obakovich:
At the Stadium in PH,Wike orders her to resume as Chief Judge and reopening of the State House of Assembly immiediatly!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha, let the game begin!
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Nobody: 11:59am On May 29, 2015
wow...

Did wike read my blog? cheesy cheesy I wrote this hours before the Swearing-in

The Newly installed Governor Nyesom Wike should as a matter of urgency announce the appointment of Justice Daisy Okocha as the acting Chief Judge(CJ) of Rivers state in line with section 271 (4) of the 1999 Constitution that stipulates that the most senior judge of the state's high court be appointed acting CJ pending the appointment of substantive CJ of the state. This is also in line with ruling of Justice Akanbi of the Federal High Court(Porthharcourt) in February 2014, where the Judge nullified Amaechi's appointment of the now suspended Justice Peter Agumagu as the state's acting Chief Judge(who as at that time was not even a High Court judge). Rivers has been without judiciary for a very long time no thanks to the out-gone incumbent. Wike has now been saddled with the responsibility of restoring order.
http://www.solomontonye.com/2015/05/the-joy-of-victory-new-dawn-for-rivers.html

8 Likes

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by okiezman(m): 11:59am On May 29, 2015
Correct one my manchy wike

5 Likes

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by fweshh(m): 12:00pm On May 29, 2015
WIKE WE KNOW WIKE WE WANT
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Dinobenson: 12:01pm On May 29, 2015
Justice can only be delayed,you know the rest......

1 Like

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by nzeobi(m): 12:02pm On May 29, 2015
Right step in right direction
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Mogidi: 12:04pm On May 29, 2015
[size=13pt]ACTION GOVERNOR[/size]

1 Like

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by atlwireles: 12:10pm On May 29, 2015
Peace has returned to our garden city. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by excellentmomma(f): 12:11pm On May 29, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Yes,this is his first act as governor

Ok so who performed d swearing in.
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2015
excellentmomma:

Ok so who performed d swearing in.
Baylesa Chief judge

2 Likes

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by excellentmomma(f): 12:15pm On May 29, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Baylesa Chief judge

Ok good no swearing in in Bayelsa today.

1 Like

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:17pm On May 29, 2015
excellentmomma:

Ok good no swearing in in Bayelsa today.
Yes

4 Likes

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by sinizia: 12:21pm On May 29, 2015
All hail Wike, the scourge of the sheep of Ubima (Amaechi). grin
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by thunder74(m): 12:22pm On May 29, 2015
If I were Wike, I will wait for the expiration of the current house before appointing the CJ and opening of the House Assembly and courts. Don't be surprised if Ameachi moved his outgoing house members to serve him impeachment notice.
With Amaechi any fraud could happen.
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by stebell(m): 12:25pm On May 29, 2015
atlwireles:
Peace has returned to our garden city. grin grin grin grin grin

Yes O°˚˚˚
With Gov. Wike sworn in, a new dawn is here. The people of ma beloved state Rivers has been freed frm Amaechi's bondage.
Amaechi, the tyrant is gone for ever.
Never again
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 29, 2015
thunder74:
If I were Wike, I will wait for the expiration of the current house before appointing the CJ and opening of the House Assembly and courts. Don't be surprised if Ameachi moved his outgoing house members to serve him impeachment notice.

grin grin grin grin soime people foolish die!!! impeachment indeed
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Jorussia(m): 12:36pm On May 29, 2015
she is the acting chief judge not the substantive one yet.Its in the approval by the NJC that the real federal might will play out.She can only act for about 3months.

1 Like

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by rolchi(m): 12:40pm On May 29, 2015
Thank God!

The courts are now open!!!!

Thank God!!!
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by FreeGlobe(f): 12:45pm On May 29, 2015
thunder74:
Amaechi is gone forever. He cant do jack in Rivers state. The only thing covering him, immunity is gone
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by ndcide(m): 12:50pm On May 29, 2015
thunder74:

The house need to be open for the PDP legislators locked out by amaechi to get back and get their allowance.
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by saintopus(m): 12:51pm On May 29, 2015
Power so very transient,!!! so Amaechi, Ibim Seminitari etc are now history!!! Before we know, another 4yrs has come and gone!!!

1 Like

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by zik4ever: 12:53pm On May 29, 2015
Jorussia:
she is the acting chief judge not the substantive one yet.Its in the approval by the NJC that the real federal might will play out.She can only act for about 3months.
She had since been recommended for the appointment by the NJC but Amaechi preferred Agumagu.
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 29, 2015
Really happy for my colleagues in Rivers state. Imagine the courts being closed for such a long time. Imagine the experience of those who were arrested on different charges and have been in custody since then without being able to perfect their bail or even apply for bail ab initio. Imagine the experience of lawyers who have been rendered basically jobless. Thank God amaechi is gone.

1 Like

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by Jorussia(m): 1:09pm On May 29, 2015
zik4ever:

She had since been recommended for the appointment by the NJC but Amaechi preferred Agumagu.
Agumagu is the most senior judge in Rivers state judiciary, although he is not in d high court.by tradition ,the of chief judge of a state has always been selected from d high court. The constitution says the most senior judge with no specific reference to the high court. I understand that justice Agamagu is still in court challenging is suspension by NJC.Wike should try as possible to make peace with amaechi,if he is to enjoy his stay as gov of Rivers, pending when the tribunal decides his fate.You cannot use federal might to completely demonise somebody and put to a halt the speed of his governance,and expect him to sit down and fold his hands and not fight back.

1 Like

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by zik4ever: 1:21pm On May 29, 2015
Jorussia:
Agumagu is the most senior judge in Rivers state judiciary, although he is not in d high court.by tradition ,the of chief judge of a state has always been selected from d high court. The constitution says the most senior judge with no specific reference to the high court. I understand that justice Agamagu is still in court challenging is suspension by NJC.Wike should try as possible to make peace with amaechi,if he is to enjoy his stay as gov of Rivers, pending when the tribunal decides his fate.You cannot use federal might to completely demonise somebody and put to a halt the speed of his governance,and expect him to sit down and fold his hands and not fight back.
Thanks. I was only responding to the comment by someone that she would need NJC nomination first. I clarified that the NJC has already done that. As for politicians, they will sort themselves out somehow. It’s never about us. I pray they all make peace with God.
Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by lincolnj88: 1:23pm On May 29, 2015
grin wike ameachi nemesis

1 Like

Re: Wike Appoints Daisy Okocha As New CJ Rivers State by PhockPhockMan: 1:31pm On May 29, 2015
thunder74:
Impossible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full List Of Nigeria Ministers Inaugurated And Their Portfolios. / Caption This Photo Of Pres. Buhari Blushing In The Presence Of Queen Elizabeth / ECOBANK Might Have Crashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.