Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:48 PM

Deaf Nigerians Protests The Use Of Fake Interpreter At Buhari's Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deaf Nigerians Protests The Use Of Fake Interpreter At Buhari's Inauguration (895 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / The Look On Saraki's Face At Buhari's Book Launch - Photos / Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deaf Nigerians Protests The Use Of Fake Interpreter At Buhari's Inauguration by sonya4all(m): 4:03pm On May 29, 2015
The deaf community in Nigeria is saying that the sign language interpreter at the inauguration of President Mohammed Buhari is fake. They hardly understand him, thereby excluding persons with hearing impairment from participating equally at the inauguration ceremony. Please help the deaf fraternity to draw the attention of APC led government over this issue.
Re: Deaf Nigerians Protests The Use Of Fake Interpreter At Buhari's Inauguration by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 29, 2015
I don't think that's true cos the interpreter sure did a good work. I watched him even though I ain't deaf but I know sign language
Re: Deaf Nigerians Protests The Use Of Fake Interpreter At Buhari's Inauguration by kelvincoll(m): 4:16pm On May 29, 2015
hugogerrard:
I don't think that's true cos the interpreter sure did a good work. I watched him even though I ain't deaf but I know sign language

Actually i agree with the Op, that guy was just lost in whatever it is he was doing. I knew he was offmark when he started repeating every word PMB said
Re: Deaf Nigerians Protests The Use Of Fake Interpreter At Buhari's Inauguration by sonya4all(m): 4:25pm On May 29, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Deaf Nigerians Protests The Use Of Fake Interpreter At Buhari's Inauguration by sonya4all(m): 4:27pm On May 29, 2015
@hugo with due respect i dont think you really know sign language,and the ethics of interpreting,that message was posted on facebook by the chairman of nigeria national association of deaf,and i had to share it here because my association(association of sign language interpreters of nigeria) acts as an advocate and spokesman of the deaf.the man is unknown to us,and besides he was lost at most time,as he could not sign the words and was busy finger spelling many sentences,which is wrong...knowing signs is different from being a sign language interpreter..this is what happened at the burial of late nelson mandela,and its not the first time its happening here...cheers.
Re: Deaf Nigerians Protests The Use Of Fake Interpreter At Buhari's Inauguration by Edwardhead(m): 4:48pm On May 29, 2015
picturr or ah no believe

(1) (Reply)

Did you notice this in the picture of the first lady of Rivers state? / 5 Money Habits Rich Parents Teach Their Kids / Buhari Must Do Better Than This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.