Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,718 members, 7,837,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana (10160 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos / Nigerians Flee To Cameroon To Escape Boko Haram Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 17, 2009
quote from kobo. "Here is the question. Did the men you met in guangzhou  travel only recently? Or is this just the usual we have always known of? Trying to understand what the current situation is actually doing as way of measuring effectiveness of our "government's" reaction. Are Nigerians moving out or in? Which way is it? You read so many stories on them fleeing this way or that and you only wonder if it is the normal trend we have seen for decades now".

Majority of them i spoke with have been there for 1 to 4 years and it,s been said that a few have been there 8 to 10 years running, clearly fustrated, u don,t want to mess with these ones, they could do any thing, even murder, among themselves that is, so i guess the migration there is fairly recent, a decade old, and more are arriving daily.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by tkb417(m): 7:43am On Feb 17, 2009
OK. First Nigerians are flocking back to Nigeria because of recession, then Nigerians are flocking dubai for shopping, now NIgerians are fleeing to Ghana and other countries to escape hard times? Am I the only one wondering if these stories are not just exaggerations? How do we really know the true effect of the global economic turn on Nigerians if every other story out there has Nigerias going one way or the other? Are the rich ( who I supposed are the ones flocking to dubai) not hurt in any way by this? We have many CEOs and executives around the world already feeling the heat, cutting back on their lifestyle in so many areas. Are the Nigerian rich even affected at all? Is the situation in Nigeria as a result of the global crisis or just the usual peaking yet again? lol

dont mind them jare

are we the only one facing recession?
England, Germany, USA, Iraq, Iceland, et al and Nigeria are facing economic slowdown!!!!!!!!!!!
How is this a Nigerian Problem?
companies folding up? has any Nigerian bank packed up?
how many banks in America have gone under? havent u guys heared of a country going bankrupt?
Iceland!!!!!!!!!!!!! have they fled to Norway?

crazy posts, crazy responses!!!!!
damn 9ja people can sensationalise issues like mad
na wa o

we never dey fold up for 9ja o
the last time i checked, foreign remittances to 9ja has droped while capital flight has increased!
what does mean? for those who understand little economics
it means, 9ja at home are actually send money to 9jas abroad.

Ghana ko, Somalia ni
babanla nonsence! tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by salamander(m): 10:20am On Feb 17, 2009
For those who need to know, Nigeria built Africa. Everywhere you went, there are Nigerians living there and have become part of the citizens.

I'm a proud Ghanaian. My great-great grandfather came to Ghana from Nigeria and helped built Ghana. Those early people were straight in their dealings, religious and friendly. That is how they've lived for many years in other countries without any problem.

The problem of Nigeria now I believe stemmed from current generations. Everything is about money. I hope and believe if we all behave like the early migrants, we will see the greatness in Nigeria again.

It is up to the individual living in other countries to exhibit positive image about Nigeria. On this forum, I have met honest people of Naija that has changed my perception of Nigerians.

It is just history repeating itself. First it was Nigerians that came to Ghana, then Ghanaians going to Nigeria and now Nigerians coming to Ghana! Well, let's hope the positive outweighs the negative. Naija, wake up!
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by kelao: 10:28am On Feb 17, 2009
I dont know why people are running away to God knows where.

A. If there is no electricity fine;
1.start selling generators or deal on candles or lanterns or petrol and diesel.
or inverters/solar panels installations

B.if there is no water fine;
Start pure/bottled water business as a manufacturer or distributor or
sell/manufacture water guard,sell/service dispenser

If you are an entrprenuer you will notice that its every where the government FAILS
that is where the money is.

I dont see any reason why i should give when tsome fool hundreds of thousands to get
visa and travel to God knows where ,when there are stuffs for me to do here in naija.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by PastorAIO: 10:42am On Feb 17, 2009
londoner:

@ Afiamanu, you may want to have a read through this.
Nigeria invests heavily in Ghana, as well as other African countries. That is not even an exhaustive list of them either.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=751182

For me, this is yet another manifestation of the same thing.  At the end of the day they are all resources.  Whether Human resources or Capital resources.  Doesn't charity begin at home.  Does Nigeria resemble the kind of country that has had it's fill of infrastructural investment that it now has to go investing abroad?

Imagine an able bodied man with money to invest looking around him to find where to expend his resources.  If his better option is abroad then he'll go and seek employment abroad and invest abroad.  

I understand however that for reasons of social pressures Capital resources from nigeria will be a lot more welcome that human resources from Nigeria.  I also understand that many of the Nigerians abroad are actually highly skilled and add value to the countries they work in but the fact remains that their resources are best invested outside of Nigeria which does not speak well for Nigeria.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by PastorAIO: 10:48am On Feb 17, 2009
adconline:

pastor@
Government doesn't build roads etc, yes I agree.  But how many citizens in that country pay their taxes.  Except you are working for a big firm or bank and can't hide, most nigerians scam their government on a regular basis.  I'm not saying that if they paid their taxes then the taxes with be well spent on public utilities by the government.  But I am saying that it takes two to tango.  The people are as rotten if not more rotten than the leadership they like to blame.  In fact the leadership merely emerges from the people.

It seems that you do not have an idea on what govt represents. Can you show me any country with good govt where its people are bad? If you get into a ship that is about to sink and the captain is terribly bad do you blame the passengers  for boarding the ship or the captain?
Point of correction: There is never any country in this world that has been saved spiritually. This is shear negation of responsibility. God can only work through humans. Stop blaming the victims, blame the oppressor.

Why would I want to get unto a ship that is about to sink? I'm not an idiot and I'm not suicidal. The captain of the ship is my son and I know how unruly he is, afterall I brought him up and imparted my indiscipline to him. In fact we would all be running amok on the ship and stealing parts of the engine for personal profit, if I got on the ship. But I have no desire or inclination to get on that ship, thank you very much.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by londoner: 11:52am On Feb 17, 2009
Pastor AIO:

For me, this is yet another manifestation of the same thing.  At the end of the day they are all resources.  Whether Human resources or Capital resources.  Doesn't charity begin at home.  Does Nigeria resemble the kind of country that has had it's fill of infrastructural investment that it now has to go investing abroad?

Imagine an able bodied man with money to invest looking around him to find where to expend his resources.  If his better option is abroad then he'll go and seek employment abroad and invest abroad. 

I understand however that for reasons of social pressures Capital resources from nigeria will be a lot more welcome that human resources from Nigeria.  I also understand that many of the Nigerians abroad are actually highly skilled and add value to the countries they work in but the fact remains that their resources are best invested outside of Nigeria which does not speak well for Nigeria.

@ Pastor AIO, your perception is completely wrong. You are quoting as if its some kind of evidence of some kind of problem with investing in Nigeria. ALL of those businesses/banks mentioned ALREADY HAVE a PRIMARY presence in NIGERIA, they are simply expanding their business into other countries, which their success in Nigerian market has enabled them to do.

Just the same may that HSBC is seen all over the world, or KFC, Mcdonalds. It has nothing to do with them favouring another country to invest over the Uk or the US.

What we are seeing with Nigerian banks/telecoms/business is EXPANSION. They are not fleeing Nigeria, lol Its a sign of a healthy sector. Five Nigerian banks have made it into the worlds top 500 banks too.

You may not see a country with a bad people and good government, but you see many countries where the people recognise there is a bad leadership and actually do something about it. In Nigeria's case, many Nigerians possess the same traits as those they criticise. The leadership is indicative of the breakdown of societal values, its gone past the point of merely being government.

Its hard for a liar to tell a thief to stop stealing and vice versa.They have bought into the same state of being.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by PastorAIO: 12:30pm On Feb 17, 2009
londoner:

@ Pastor AIO, your perception is completely wrong. You are quoting as if its some kind of evidence of some kind of problem with investing in Nigeria. ALL of those businesses/banks mentioned ALREADY HAVE a PRIMARY presence in NIGERIA, they are simply expanding their business into other countries, which their success in Nigerian market has enabled them to do.

Just the same may that HSBC is seen all over the world, or KFC, Mcdonalds. It has nothing to do with them favouring another country to invest over the Uk or the US.

What we are seeing with Nigerian banks/telecoms/business is EXPANSION. They are not fleeing Nigeria, lol Its a sign of a healthy sector. Five Nigerian banks have made it into the worlds top 500 banks too.

You may not see a country with a bad people and good government, but you see many countries where the people recognise there is a bad leadership and actually do something about it. In Nigeria's case, many Nigerians possess the same traits as those they criticise. The leadership is indicative of the breakdown of societal values, its gone past the point of merely being government.

Its hard for a liar to tell a thief to stop stealing and vice versa.They have bought into the same state of being.

I see your point. Perhaps the problem is not so much the basic fact that our resources are being exported but rather the scale by which it is being exported. I still think that the degree to which our talents and capital are being exported is indicative of a malaise in the society. It is not as if the need or capacity for investment in nigeria has been close to adequately exhausted.

In my understanding of economic history resources have always moved to where there is something happening and away from where there is nothing going on. The scale of the slave trade tells me a lot about economic activity in Africa during that period. Imagine a King of an african town who had ambitions and plans for his kingdom. Would he rather sell off all his labour and human resources or would he rather keep them to build roads and cultivate farms and construct various infrastructures?

I'm putting the moral issues of slave trade to one side and just thinking in cold terms of the demand and supply of labour. The more pressing the sense of vision and ambition the African leaders harbour the higher their demand for labour and human resources as well as other resources. Such leaders would be reluctant to sell of their people, many of whom would be skilled labourers of various trades from blacksmiths to farmers, to miners, to textile manufacturers. If anything they will be looking to import labour, either by enticing the skilled from other lands or forcibly enslaving them.

Ultimately it is the nations with greater ambition, vision and determination to achieve their vision that will import resources from other lands. I'm looking at it in these terms. Indeed resources can travel in both directions as a natural course but when we observe an overwhelming movement in a certain direction it suggests that something is going on. Most likely explanation that I can think of is that the nation that is exporting resources doesn't have anything that it wants to use those resources for. They don't know how to use talent, have no use for it, and such resources would stagnate if they remained. It boils down to vision and guiding principle that drives the nation.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by smooooooth: 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2009
BLOODY LIAR!!!!! WETIN DEY GHANA. THIS NA JUST PROPAGANDA TO RUBBISH THE IMAGE OF 9JA. EVEN WITHOUT LIGHT, WATER, FOOD, NO GOOD ROAD, BAD LEADERSHIP, CORRUPTION, POLICE BRUTALITY. WHO WAN RUN TO GHANA!!!!!!
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by sesbol(m): 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2009
smoooooooooooth or what do you say your name is? why will you not say the truth?
i have lived and work in Ghana let us be realistic Ghana is a good place to be the government
cares about what is happening to the people, they care about electricity, they have a sincere
effort to make it available always, in fact i was a part of a still on going project to supply gas
to one of Ghana's electricity generation Plant in Takoradi by name Volta River Authority (VRA)and Tema.
note the Gas is from our own 'escravos'

So my brother if the present spate development continues in Ghana, they are heading for greater greatness
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by tkb417(m): 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2009
smoooooooooooth or what do you say your name is? why will you not say the truth?
i have lived and work in Ghana let us be realistic Ghana is a good place to be the government
cares about what is happening to the people, they care about electricity, they have a sincere
effort to make it available always, in fact i was a part of a still on going project to supply gas
to one of Ghana's electricity generation Plant in Takoradi by name Volta River Authority (VRA)and Tema.
note the Gas is from our own 'escravos'
So my brother if the present spate development continues in Ghana, they are heading for greater greatness

Thank you. One day bad management will cease in Nigeria and all will be well. Nigeria will be great one day. Maybe not in our generation sha
so my brother, tell me what happens to Ghana whatever if we refuse to sell gas to them? grin grin
thts the difference between the 2 countries.

They are SOCs with other peoples inputs, if yawa gas between the 2 countries nko?
remember what Russia is doing to europe?
i no go say much lipsrsealed
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by superboi(m): 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2009
tbk47 ghana has hit oil and gas big time off shore near its' maritime boundary with nigeria, it will start production next year
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by stanloski(m): 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2009
Ghana dis Ghana dat! Ghana has discovered oil abi? That marks the end of peaceful Ghana. The IOCs will thoroughly corrupt the Government. Once the Shells, Halliburtons and the KBRs of this world step in they will destroy the place. I dare say that Ghanians are relatively honest and peaceful cos there is nothing for those in govt to steal now with oil money Ghana will race up the corruption rankings. Except a miracle occurs, they will curse the day oil was discovered.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by londoner: 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ smooooooth, I think your "attack" on Ghana was uncalled for. If they are doing relatively well, there is no need to be spiteful. If you look at their elections, we can actually learn a whole lot from them, especially the sense of responsibility the electorate have adopted for their own democracy.

Having said that, Ghanaians, along with just about every national of a developing nation leave in droves to look for what they consider to be a better future elsewhere.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by superboi(m): 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2009
please make una stop to player hate ghana! i admire the ghanian people for one thing the no they always look for shot-cut. and that our own problem here. ghana started it's homw work once they found out they had oil in commercial quantity, the sent out teams to both the niger delta(problem area) and norway(one of the oil country with the most successful oil industry). now i bet they have the advantage of hindsight on how to involve locals in their oil industry as norway has done.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by londoner: 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ Superboi, they have the benefit of first seeing the mistakes of others. Nigeria did not have that. We shall see what the oil companies decide to do. The way these companies behave to fellow Europeans is not to be compared with how they will treat an African country.

Does shell, behave the way they do with the Niger Delta region in its operations in other countries?
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by ikeyman00(m): 6:28pm On Feb 17, 2009
ghana? well nothing to say till i see ghana really like shocked. but looking from the other side of thing, the ghana oversea doesnt replicate what yall sayin for real. very local people, funi enough note  there are lots of young ghana gals in nigeria i met in the airport last year tryin to act like naija chick, but hey mAKE ur own judgement alight!! Also mind u there are lots of comfortable nigerians that aint got those oyibo embassy time wasting that send their kids to ghana for education, some even bought house in Ghana, so hmm ! there are also lots of white English people now troopin to australia to settle

there are lots of 1st generation yorubas and few igbos that lives in Ghana, brought up their kids in ghana before they made their way to abroad, when u see them, this is u, are u a nigerian, they like yes im half nigerian and ghanaian, but whenever nigeria is berated they get high, when u talk down on ghana it turns out otherwise. never trust those fake nigerians-acclaimed. There are lots of them in london.

so where do we go from here, as far as me concern all that talk on nigeria migrating to ghana is all mitigative levity !! so where do we go from here!

choice is yours!

Ghana my a$$
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Gamine(f): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2009
Ghana----------Must Not Go
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Clairette(f): 8:45pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ Londoner

I am guessing that these friends must live somewhere like Lagos??

-You can walk in Abuja 2am and noone harrasess you, its safe.
-If you lived in Calabar, would they be in a constant level of stress and alertness?
-people walk around in places like Abuja or Calabar all the time without fear of thieves or police.

Are these places not in Nigeria

I can safely say that as someone living in London, I felt much safer walking the streets of Abuja alone, I never witnessed or even heard of much crime at all. You can walk safely in Jos (unless there is religious unrest ofcourse)

My boyfriend is Ghanaian and is in Ghana as we speak, he tells me of how he cant even go out at night because of armed robbers, he is not even in the capital city. He said the situation is very bad, he doesn't even want to stay in Ghana anymore. Yet, the people from Ivory coast who I met in Abuja, explained how safe Abuja was compared to Abidjan and how they marvelled at how people carried their phones visibly without getting robbed. They have lived there for five years!

Many Nigerians only know the city they grew up in (mainly Lagos), meanwhile people have been living peacefully in other parts of the country for years.

Did someone actually discuss Calabar wit u? I mean in wat sense r u defining SECURITY? I lived in Calabar for three yrs n Benin Republique for one yr. U dare not go on d street of Calabar wit ur hand-bag or call it "personal belongings" after d night has fallen. or travel into calabar late. I mean tell me what u'l be doing on Calabar Streets by 10/11pm that u'ld not be macheted for just a handset (even if it's a cheap Nokia phone).

Did i also tell u that armed robbers do visit UNICAL"s hostels as well as staff quarters?
Pls re-phrase your posting or u visit University of Calabar Teaching Hospital for clarifications of the state of Security in Calabar.
Neither Abuja nor Calabar is safe. If u're still in doubt----try a walk in Abuja n give me feedback.

My dear, even a Small country like Benin Republique is secured. I can remember i used to get back to my hostel @ 1am, 2 or even 3am in Benin Rep.

We're simply insecured in this 9ja

"The situation is only at the extreme in Lagos"
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Clairette(f): 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ Londoner

I am guessing that these friends must live somewhere like Lagos??

-You can walk in Abuja 2am and noone harrasess you, its safe.
-If you lived in Calabar, would they be in a constant level of stress and alertness?
-people walk around in places like Abuja or Calabar all the time without fear of thieves or police.

Are these places not in Nigeria

I can safely say that as someone living in London, I felt much safer walking the streets of Abuja alone, I never witnessed or even heard of much crime at all. You can walk safely in Jos (unless there is religious unrest ofcourse)

My boyfriend is Ghanaian and is in Ghana as we speak, he tells me of how he cant even go out at night because of armed robbers, he is not even in the capital city. He said the situation is very bad, he doesn't even want to stay in Ghana anymore. Yet, the people from Ivory coast who I met in Abuja, explained how safe Abuja was compared to Abidjan and how they marvelled at how people carried their phones visibly without getting robbed. They have lived there for five years!

Many Nigerians only know the city they grew up in (mainly Lagos), meanwhile people have been living peacefully in other parts of the country for years.

Did someone actually discuss Calabar wit u? I mean in wat sense r u defining SECURITY? I lived in Calabar for three yrs n Benin Republique for one yr. U dare not go on d street of Calabar wit ur hand-bag or call it "personal belongings" after d night has fallen. or travel into calabar late. I mean tell me what u'l be doing on Calabar Streets by 10/11pm that u'ld not be macheted for just a handset (even if it's a cheap Nokia phone).

Did i also tell u that armed robbers do visit UNICAL"s hostels as well as staff quarters?
Pls re-phrase your posting or u visit University of Calabar Teaching Hospital for clarifications of the state of Security in Calabar.
Neither Abuja nor Calabar is safe. If u're still in doubt----try a walk in Abuja n give me feedback.

My dear, even a Small country like Benin Republique is secured. I can remember i used to get back to my hostel @ 1am, 2 or even 3am in Benin Rep.

Report to moderator 6.15.25.172
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by ikeyman00(m): 10:04pm On Feb 17, 2009
Did someone actually discuss Calabar wit u? I mean in wat sense r u defining SECURITY? I lived in Calabar for three yrs n Benin Republique for one yr.  U dare not go on d street of Calabar wit ur hand-bag or call it "personal belongings" after d night has fallen. or travel into calabar late. I mean tell me what u'l be doing on Calabar Streets by 10/11pm that u'ld not be macheted for just a handset (even if it's a cheap Nokia phone).

Report to moderator    6.15.25.172

nonesense!! funi enough when we look through the BBC we see refugees in the camp still afraid to return to their homes even when the conflict is over! yes u walk drive and party in abuja to dawn as long as u keep low profile; im usually back to my hotel at 4am !! so what next

mz guineu pig
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Ifygurl: 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2009
Maybe myparents are right. maybe nigerian news are not accurate.
Heh oo, Isn't it the same people that claim Nigerians are floocking back to Nigeria, now we are migrating to Ghana including Ethiopia. Heh oo. I've seen way too much article contradiciting themselves. I wondr what's next? Nigerians are committing sucide because of hard time, maybe Nigerians are dancing naked in streets because of hard times. The Next article make you dey come.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by coolgenius: 10:53pm On Feb 17, 2009
Year after year, leader after leader, the Nigerian govt sells out its better future for selfish indulgences. Nigeria has the resources and potential to be better, but the people are not brave enough to stand against the injustices of our leaders!

Nigeria will continue to take one step forward and twelve steps back until we have leaders that are brave enough to do the right things and inspired enough to live for the people and not for themselves.

cry
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by adconline(m): 1:22am On Feb 18, 2009
pastor
@Why would I want to get unto a ship that is about to sink?  I'm not an idiot and I'm not suicidal.  The captain of the ship is my son and I know how unruly he is, afterall I brought him up and imparted my indiscipline to him.  In fact we would all be running amok on the ship and stealing parts of the engine for personal profit, if I got on the ship.  But I have no desire or inclination to get on that ship, thank you very much.

In life, can anyone choose where he or she will be born? You can choose to go into a wreck bound ship, but cannot change the direction of the ship one you are on board. Nigerians did not choose to be born in Nigeria. If followership is the problem as you theorize, why is Zimbabwe not a better country given the fact that they are not as 'bad" Nigerians?
Other examples; India and Pakistan got independence the same year, India is one of the fastest growing economies in the world and has just launched a satellite, while Pakistan is begging for assistance to help her grapple with economic woes and terrorism. You can also compare South Korea with North Korea. It is the leadership of these two countries that has led a different path for their citizens not the Korean people.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by jamace(m): 8:03am On Feb 18, 2009
The main problem of Nigeria is ELECTRICITY!! it's affecting alot of business and they are collapsing! Running biz on fuel is not profitable at all, Total Loss!

The Government are BASTARDS!!! They will die 1 by 1.
Why is there no electricity? Because of corruption, corruption and corruption. All our leaders are scooping our resources into their private use. At times I wonder aloud what is actually wrong with Nigeria. Whichever way I look at it, the fault comes back to our leaders, both serving and retired. They are really fucking everything up with corruption. Is it that our leaders are not educated? Not quite. Is it that there is not enough religious enlightenment? Nay. Is it that the resources for our development are not there? Nope! Then, where lies our problem? Corruption, corruption and corruption. It is our leaders corruptions that have filled and are overflowing to the society. Really sad sad sad.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by PastorAIO: 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2009
jamace:

Why is there no electricity? Because of corruption, corruption and corruption. All our leaders are scooping our resources into their private use. At times I wonder aloud what is actually wrong with Nigeria. Whichever way I look at it, the fault comes back to our leaders, both serving and retired. They are really fucking everything up with corruption. Is it that our leaders are not educated? Not quite. Is it that there is not enough religious enlightenment? Nay. Is it that the resources for our development are not there? Nope! Then, where lies our problem? Corruption, corruption and corruption. It is our leaders corruptions that have filled and are overflowing to the society. Really sad sad sad.

Before there can be corruption there has to be something to be corrupted. Are our leaders educated? I would say No.
Are they religiously enlightened? I don't see any signs of this.

The problem is that there isn't a guiding principle. There isn't a vision to which we aspire. There isn't a lodestar to follow. There is no sense of destiny. If there were a sense of destiny rather than an existential quagmire of depressive emptiness then we would have something to fight for, something to live for, and even something to die for if it comes to death.

The lack of this is why I don't think that there is religious enlightenment in that country and neither is there education.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by tkb417(m): 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2009

a lot of red herrings already in this topic
9jas migrating to Ghana cos of what?
economic downturn, lack of security, falling bridges, egbesun kidnapping people or what is it sef?
cant u people stop hitting ur ketboards if u dont have anything to say

9ja is not safe hence people are leaving 9ja or what?
dont they snatch bags and personal belongings in South Africa? can you compare the level of insecurity to life and property as we have in Nigeria to SA? are people running away from SA?

my Sister got her handbag snatched at the schipol airport with all her travel documents and of course all documentations that has to do with rights of abode and stuvvs. Stuffs happen anywhere, be it New York, Baghdad or lagos!!
how many times have we heared of teenagers taking up guns and killing fellow students in the US?
recently, i saw a documentary on how teenagers attack unsuspecting victims with dangerous weapons in Liverpool/merseyside area.

i really wanna understand the context for this topic.
its baseless and untrue to me. (personal opinion)
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by amaikama(m): 3:50pm On Feb 18, 2009
@ faakay!! and who is going to make dem die one by one
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Rhea(f): 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2009
Very soon they will back it up with the Naija must go bags
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Clairette(f): 6:19pm On Feb 18, 2009
@Ikeyman00

nonesense!! funi enough when we look through the BBC we see refugees in the camp still afraid to return to their homes even when the conflict is over! yes u walk drive and party in abuja to dawn as long as u keep low profile; im usually back to my hotel at 4am !! so what next

mz guineu pig

People pls check the context of security before replying to this TOPIC.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by tommyex(m): 8:15pm On Feb 18, 2009
Just watch out them go soon dey deport nigerians from ghana, cos some 9jas cannot just be civilised enough to stay in Ghana.
Anyway in the next 5 years they will come back, no place like 9ja,
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by ikeyman00(m): 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2009
rubbish

People pls check the context of security before replying to this TOPIC.
meanin?? ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Force Denies Locating Missing Chibok Girls / Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents / Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.