Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,734 members, 7,837,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana (10161 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos / Nigerians Flee To Cameroon To Escape Boko Haram Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by davidif: 3:58am On Feb 19, 2009
More Nigerians are fleeing to countries like Ghana and Vietnam

The opening statement made me laugh. VIETNAM KE!!!! grin grin grin ha ha ha, wonders shall never end.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by CyberG: 4:32am On Feb 19, 2009
Meanwhile Yaramonu is sleeping while Nigeria is totally cannibalized! Or, is he planning to declare a total emergency, including "pawa", after everone don vamooze??
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by cyriluzo(m): 8:16am On Feb 19, 2009
People!!!, do you realize its not just nigerian citizens that are fleeing to Ghana but Nigerian companies as well?

Alot of companies are shifting base to Ghana and other west African countries. Reason? High overhead Cost of which

electricity is chief
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by IBEXY(m): 10:03am On Feb 19, 2009
I agree with some contributors here that the main problem is electricity. Many years ago, when I was back home, I used to own this small computer centre. I really suffered because I was constantly using generator to do my works. Even to get fuel for the generator was a problem at times. Coupled to all this was the local governement chaps who would come at anytime to make this demand or the other for this levy or that. The business crumbled within 6 months.

Only a fool will continue to risk their lives to armed robbers, constant power failure and the horrible road conditions when you have an alternative. Insensitive politicians are only concerned with looting and looting. Infact our system of governement should be renamed Lootocracy.

Personally I know one or two people who have relocated permanently to Ghana. They have invested there and do not have plans of coming back to naija.

Some of us that still keep the "green-white-green" flying sometimes wonder if we are doing the right thing. Does the government really know we are taking so much by keeping the flag flying? Are they really and genuinely concerned about solving some of the major problems like power supply?
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by debosky(m): 10:11am On Feb 19, 2009
IBEXY:

Some of us that still keep the "green-white-green" flying sometimes wonder if we are doing the right thing. Does the government really know we are taking so much by keeping the flag flying? Are they really and genuinely concerned about solving some of the major problems like power supply?
This is something that always worries me when people begin to talk about how 'successful' how Glo and other telecomms companies have been in Nigeria, and other companies still being successful in our environment. I hope the government isn't being lulled into believing things can't be that bad if banks are making money and telecomms is growing and all that.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by samparian(m): 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2009
"Over 10,000 nigerians live in China", Chief Ojo Maduekwe, Minister of Foriegn Affairs

Na true.

Nigerians are everywhere, China, Vietnam, Nepal, India, Cambodia, Ghana, etc, even the most remote countries you can think of.
All we crave is security and a functional government.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by prizeless(m): 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2009
predicted the Nigeria Ghana move, its coming thru
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by ayobase(m): 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2009
no everywhere naija dey migrate to?
So??
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by dremoney(m): 12:09am On Feb 20, 2009
Nigerians never flee go Ghana, na atlantic ocean dem go soon face, imagine a society celebrating rogues? na 4 onli nigeria pple wil go to court and openly support thieves depriving them of d good tins of life.

All of us don shit for church" by allowing bastards to rig elections witout a violent protest until d wrongs are corrected,

followership problem innit? wetin d civil societies sef dey do 4 nigeria? just receive subventions and share?

Thunder fire all of dem!!! Amen
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by londoner: 10:46am On Feb 20, 2009
Clairette, yes Abuja is in fact generally safe. I have walked in Abuja at night, in the dark. When you speak to the residents of Abuja, they will even tell you that you can walk in Abuja safely, even at night.

There are just some Nigerians who believe that nothing positive can be associated with Nigeria. Yes, there are security problems in the country, but there are places that are quite safe. I can tell you that I feel much safer in Abuja than I do in London.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by miquest: 11:01am On Feb 20, 2009
Let them go wherever, most of this people Leaving outside the country all in the name of greener pastures can't come back cause of shame and the fact that they have nothing to show for, We need more people to leave the country abeg, Una too plenty, 140million and u are comparing it to countries of just 21million(Ghana), 5million(Mali and the rest of em), or south africa(51million), I take God beg una if u can't pray for the country and see that there's a great task in leading this multitude then follow the footsteps of the others,

I was in Ghana last year and at the airport 2 men came to me asking for help and we got talking and i asked what they where doing begging here, they said they came in search of greener pastures and now they are looking for money to return cause their condition worsened when they came into ghana, Luckily for them we were able to help them return and anytime they call me they always remind me that situation at home is better,

If you think it isn't I suggest you try it for yourself,
we shouldn't think Nigeria is that Bad, Every Country has it's flaws,
Lets give ours a chance abeg,

Una too use mouth spoil the thing sefff,
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by skylooh(m): 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2009
miquest:

Let them go wherever, most of this people Leaving outside the country all in the name of greener pastures can't come back cause of shame and the fact that they have nothing to show for, We need more people to leave the country abeg, Una too plenty, 140million and u are comparing it to countries of just 21million(Ghana), 5million(Mali and the rest of em), or south africa(51million), I take God beg una if u can't pray for the country and see that there's a great task in leading this multitude then follow the footsteps of the others,

I was in Ghana last year and at the airport 2 men came to me asking for help and we got talking and i asked what they where doing begging here, they said they came in search of greener pastures and now they are looking for money to return cause their condition worsened when they came into ghana, Luckily for them we were able to help them return and anytime they call me they always remind me that situation at home is better,

True well said, the grass is not always greener on the other side
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by beystwin: 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2009
miquest:

You talk am well well boo, no mind them mouth wen de yeh yeh naija for here. many of them no be naija pikin o! nah bad belle de worry them.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2009
miquest:

Arrghh!!! Good to see the MOUTH SERVICE PATRIOTS are alive and well.!! Lol
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Redman44(m): 4:08am On Feb 21, 2009
The questions we should ask ourselves is this- why can't we get it right in Nigeria? Why has Nigeria not become an industrialized nation since she was granted independence by Britain in 1960? What is actually wrong with us as a country and as a people? When I hear news of Nigerians running to countries like Ghana and Vietnam, I feel like breaking down in tears. Nigeria should naturally be better than the countries mentioned. The problem with Nigeria is really that of bad and visionless leadership like some forum members have mentioned. However, it should be noted that corrupt leaders flourish when the country they govern cannot raise up good and honest candidiates to challenge them during elections.

Nigerians will continue to run to other countries, until we start to believe that we are capable of starting a movememnt that will throw up the right leaders we need. We are not simply doing enough to restructure our political process. If Adams Oshiomhole can fight for his stolen mandate in Edo State and recover it, there is hope for good and credible leadership in Nigeria. However, we need to work hard to enthrone the right leaders that will take us to the promised land. President Barack Obama has shown us the way by proving that change can come from unexpected places. As a Nigerian, I want you to ask yourself if you've done much to support honest leaders in your small sphere of influence. How many good leaders are you supporting in your community?

I have observed that hardly is any form of intelligence displayed during Nigeria's recent elections. We seem to leave everything to the 3 main parties- PDP, ANPP and AC. I am waiting for and working towards a time when a small party like the Justice Party or Labour Party will win like 10 local Government seats in staes like Lagos, Ogun, Kaduna, Abia etc etc. Don't laugh at me, please. It might take time but it can be done. We can all turn things around in Nigeria. Obama utilized Facebook and Twitter [ Two amazing social networking sites ] to sign up about two million supporters. What are we doing with the internet political wise in Nigeria? With many youths embracing the internet in Nigeria, the world wide web can change the face of politics in Nigeria. How many of our local government candidiates actually address voters neighbourhood by neighbourhood? How many of them walk into our churches, Mosques, community centres, open playing fields etc etc to talk to people in the area they want to govern.

Our graduates need to start vying for councillorship and Local Government Chairman seats. That is where the real change will begin. Let us get the illiterates out of those offices first. I'm not a politician but I will gladly support any candididate who wants to carry out his campaign innovatively. The grren pastures we are looking for in other countries can be created in our country. We need to bake our own cake and pastries and stop going after what other people have worked hard to prepare. The electioneering process in Nigeria is bereft of creativity. We need innovation in the way elections are conducted in Nigeria. I don't believe money can hinder a honest person's way to power in Nigeria. If we can all agree to give 20 Naira each to a serious candidate, it will take him or her somewhere. However, I still believe the change will start from the Local Government level.

I'm happy to be a new Nairalander. Thank you, Seun. May the good lord continue to bless your efforts to make something out of life. Cheers.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by mayordee(m): 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2009
Nigeria is not bad as some people are potraying in this forum,just don't know why some Nigerians just like painting the country black,someone was saying there is no security in Nigeria,pls,its everywhere,do u know the number of stabbings in London alone this year?u dare not walk alone in some areas in Cardiff at night, now what are we saying, we just need to stand up and say no to bad leadership in Nigeria,i have strong faith that Nigeria is going to be great very soon, take it or leave it
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by hackney(m): 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2009
Shebi una name yeye bag ghana-must-go wink
This time around na wheelbarrow them go name Nigeria-must-go LOL ; infact LMAO tongue
i go die oooo!!!! heeeeeyyyyy!!!!!
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by area(m): 10:13am On Feb 22, 2009
this is not 4ny at all, pls, it true that they are living, to Ghana, most of this yahoo boys too, you know the Nigerian name is 4kd up online so scam is sweeter there and then electricity, security, etc
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by makib: 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2009
Americans are now fleeing to Canada, China, Germany etc. Obama's brother who was at capitol hill for his presidential innoguration lives in Shenzen city, China. He has lived in China for 7 years now.
President Obama himself lived in Indonesia for 4 years as a boy.
Nigerians who are leaving are not just doing it for the fun of it. they learn new things, gather knowledge and wealth and return home to make a difference.
It doesnt mean that all nigerians abroad make it. some do, many dont, not because they're not hardworking but because of the nature of their trip.
Soludo was abroad before he answered the nations call, so are many other professionals.
Our prayers should be for our people to be successful wherever they are and be good ambassadors.
If you think they shouldnt travel,, Go back to your village! afterall, they're are schools and markets in our various villages. what are we doing in the city if not looking for greener pastures.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by medube(m): 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2009
makib:

Nigerians who are leaving are not just doing it for the fun of it. they learn new things, gather knowledge and wealth and return home to make a difference.

You can say that again after reading this article:

http://topics.myjoyonline.com/news/200902/26736.asp

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by samparian(m): 10:13am On Feb 26, 2009
and so?
does it mean that all nigerians there are kidnappers?
The best selling movies in ghana in 2005/2006 were produced my nigerians resident in ghana.
dont tell me there are no theives in your village grin
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:04pm On Feb 27, 2009
Continue with the gisting because the global financial meltdown has not hit you just yet, wait till you add the following

1: Dropping Crude prices
2: Dropping forex reserves
3: increasing inflation (increased
4: rising naira-dollar forex-rates
5: rising interest rates
6: poor power production
7: poor international exports
8: Aimless political class
9: mindless illiterate citizenry (75% of Nigeria is illiterate)
10: Poor Security (with a mindless and corrupt, ill-educated IGP)
11: Demoralized Military class
12: Armed robbers hit by the scarcity of cash.

You will either live Nigeria or DIE in Nigeria.

Una Bye Bye
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by phillybabe: 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2009
As Nigerians dey flee go,
Indians ,Chinese and Lebanese dey flee come! Equation balance.
soldier go,soldier come barracks still dey kamkpe
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Fhemmmy: 2:51pm On Feb 27, 2009
I am sure soon, they will be running to Somalia, cos the govt dont give a hoot about the pple and the welfare, een the economy is dying by day
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Sammy107d(m): 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2009
who authored the article? is the most important thing
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by tokjohn: 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2009
Hello every one,

I just got an admission to study at KNUTSFORD UNIVERSITY COLLEGE GHANA. Please i would like any one with the information of the school to please contact me on what should be done.

My contact are :-

Tel :- 08050670142

E - mail :- tokjohn@yahoo.com

Please inforamtin about the KNUTSFORD UNIVERSITY COLLEGE GHANA would be apprecited.

Thanks

John
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by tokjohn: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2009
Hello every one,

I just got an admission to study at KNUTSFORD UNIVERSITY COLLEGE GHANA. Please i would like any one with the information of the school to please contact me on what should be done.

Please inforamtin about the KNUTSFORD UNIVERSITY COLLEGE GHANA would be apprecited.

Thanks

John
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by tokjohn: 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2009
Hello every one,

Thanks

John
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 02, 2009
COME AND PURCHASE YOUR OWN NIGERIA-MUST-GO BAG. 50% OFF FOR EVERY 2 BAGS YOU BUY.

SOLD AT YOUR NEAREST DEPT. STORE OR CALL ORDER 1800-NIGERIA-MUST-GO.

[img]http://www.harn.ufl.edu/beadwork/gallery/images/divinersBag.jpg[/img]

LIMITED.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Backslider(m): 8:52am On Mar 04, 2009
hmmmmmmmmm

when those that were destroying nigeria think SAY NOTHING CONCERN ME they should think again. Your kids that attend School in Ghana are involving themselves in all kinds of things.

Dont be surprised to discover that your child comes home with a child that is father is KWAME or OWUSU. you can run but you cant hide.

We must make nigeria a better place. your kids are over run by their host anywhere in the world they go. our ladies have been used and dumped.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2009
What is this one saying?
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by queenTG(f): 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2009
even to the small lovely country TOGO means a lot isn't?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents / Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court / Fayemi Slams N3bn Libel Suit On Fayose’s Aides Lare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.