Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga (16908 Views)

Where / The Nigerian Film Industry Needs An Insurance Policy / IDAAMU BLACKBERRY, Another Movie From Yoruba Film Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by nonaira: 7:40am On May 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

We're carrying both Nollywood and Yorubawood. Got problems? cheesy

You people just constantly showing how pathetic una are.

#spits on the floor. Worse than even a lazy bum. #attache by force lazy lots. #spits on the floor
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Ilekeh(f): 7:42am On May 30, 2015
nonaira:

You people just constantly showing how pathetic una are.

#spits on the floor. Worse than even a lazy bum. #attache by force lazy lots. #spits on the floor

Pathetic Igbo youths. Lazy lots with no original ideas, Copying off of Nollywood and Bollywood movies. Selling bootleg movies.

Culture of Laziness.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Ilekeh(f): 7:43am On May 30, 2015
Tworrr nonsense
Scrap Yoruba producers and Non-Igbo celebrities, Nollywood is just another home video.

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by CSTR2: 7:45am On May 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

Igbo driven ko Weed driven ni
Non-Igbos and Yoruba made Nollywood. Igbos just bootleg American movies.
Everyone knows that igbos have no original ideas. They lick sweats from other people's armpits.
Let me even assume you are right with igbos copying other people's ideas.
Who cares if they copied other people's ideas?
Afterall that is what got china to where they are.
Anyway as long as the "copied" ideas does not belong to any other Nigerian group then it is okay.
And yes, Igbos drive nollywood.
I can count the number of yoruba nollywood producers on both fingers.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by nonaira: 7:47am On May 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

Pathetic Igbo youths. Lazy lots with no original ideas, Copying off of Nollywood and Bollywood movies. Selling bootleg movies.

Culture of Laziness.

Those "lazy lots with no original idea" made Nollywood what it is today and advance it to the point una pathetic devilish ppl are trying to attache by force to it. Instead of bringing that worthless shithole una call Yollywood and your TV plays to it's level, you shiftly trying to attache by force #children of hate. Devils
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Ilekeh(f): 7:48am On May 30, 2015
CSTR2:
Let me even assume you are right with copying other people's ideas?
Who cares if they copied other people's ideas?
Afterall that is what got china to where they are.
Anyway as long as the "copied" ideas does not belong to any other Nigerian group then it is okay.
And yes, Igbos drive nollywood.
I can count the number of yoruba nollywood producers on both fingers.

What's wrong with having your own original idea?
Why lick other people's sweat?
Igbos come up with your own ideas please.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Rich4god(m): 7:49am On May 30, 2015
kettykings:

Yoruba should simply follow their yoruba wood while igbos follow nollywood else the clash would continue.
Igbos don't need yoruba wood and don't interfere in it, yorubas should do likewise to nollywood
but u knw nollywood us representing Nigeria and not just Igbo...
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Ilekeh(f): 7:50am On May 30, 2015
nonaira:

Those "lazy lots with no original idea" made Nollywood what it is today and advance it to the point una pathetic devilish ppl are trying to attache by force to it. Instead of bringing that worthless shithole una call Yollywood and your TV plays to it's level, you shiftly trying to attache by force #children of hate. Devils

They did not make Nollywood what it is today. Nigerians made Nollywood what it is.
Igbo produced moves are rarely in demand.
Yoruba language movies aren't attaching themselves to Nollywood. We simply own both.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Ilekeh(f): 7:51am On May 30, 2015
Can't believe one lazy Igbo boy sees no wrong in plagiarizing.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by CSTR2: 7:51am On May 30, 2015
Any yoruba projection into nollywood beyond the required limit should be resisted.
Nollywood is a multi-billion dollar industry due to uncommon business drive.
It should be protected.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by CSTR2: 7:56am On May 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

They did not make Nollywood what it is today. Nigerians made Nollywood what it is.
Yoruba language movies aren't attaching themselves to Nollywood. We simply own both.
hahaha.
Go to any african country where african country where africa magic exists and ask them which movie and culture they are more exposed to.
They also believe igbo is Nigeria's main culture and industry thanks to nollywood.
Yoruba does not have the business drive to create such a lucrative industry.
Your backwater yoruwood industry is a testament to that.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Ihuomadinihu: 7:58am On May 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

Lol at this pathetic being calling Yorubas pathetic.

No problem, we have both Yorubawood and Nollywood. Who are these people you mentioned outside of Nigeria? The widely known people are Genevieve and Mama G. The rest are overrated by Igbos.

Nollywood does not even have reputation in Nigeria. No be the same Nollywood that voted and campaigned for GEJ? grin Your overhype celebrities only have magic in the East.

Who did Yorubawood support? Who did they campaign for? tongue Yorubas own both Yorubawood and Nollywood. Granted, there are more Non-Yorubas in Nollywood than in Yorubawood (duh), but our Yoruba producers bring Nollywood to the spotlight.
Lmao. These are just rants. Pls take a break and research the history of Nollywood. Even GeJ and GMB knows that nollywood is tied to Igbos,that is why they will pay attention to actors/producers from that area before any yollywood people. Prior to 1992 living in Bondage,there was no evidence of any active nollywood industry in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by CSTR2: 7:59am On May 30, 2015
Dstv just introduced africa magic igbo due to popular demand thereby creating a major market for igbo-speaking nollywood movies.
In 10 years time, it will have surpassed the much older yoruwood in size and reach.
That is certain.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Nobody: 8:00am On May 30, 2015
CSTR2:
Dstv just introduce africa magic igbo due to popular demand thereby creating a major market for igbo-speaking nollywood movies.
In 10 years time, it will have surpassed the much older yoruwood in size and reach.
That is certain.
Na wetin dey pain ofe mmanu be this?
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by CSTR2: 8:02am On May 30, 2015
Rich4god:
but u knw nollywood us representing Nigeria and not just Igbo...
Yes it is representing Nigeria by showcasing the culture and people of a major ethnic group in Nigeria, the IGBO CULTURE.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Nobody: 8:03am On May 30, 2015
CSTR2:
Yes it is representing Nigeria by showcasing the culture and people of a major ethnic group in Nigeria, the IGBO CULTURE.
Told them . . . grin
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by CSTR2: 8:05am On May 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

What's wrong with having your own original idea?
Why lick other people's sweat?
Igbos come up with your own ideas please.
As long as the idea isn't of yoruba origin then i am okay.
Copying and mass-producing existing technologies and products is the way forward for developing countries.
Ask china, india and brazil.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by nonaira: 8:07am On May 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

See this lying ediot. The two movies that broke Nollywood internationally are both Living in bondage and Oshofia in London. Even when we watch non Nigeria African movies and they make a reference to a Nigeria lingo they heard in Nollywood, majority of the time the words are either biko or chineke. Not one non Nigerian African actress or even musician have ever used a Yoruba lingo. In fact excluding Omotola and Ramsey Nosuh, no other Yoruba actor or actress is popular outside of Nigeria. To top it all off Yoruba producer can be literally counted in one hand and most of their movies are unknown.

Even my little sister who watch Nollywood like crazy for reason best known to her couldn't even name one movie produced by a Yoruba. And mind you, I asked her to give me few names yesterday so I can look them up and see what this stupid ileke chick was yarning about, her reply was and I repeat "that crazy, funny, Yoruba actress produced a movie. That's about it I think." And when i asked her the name, her reply was "sarafina or something like that. All i know it was boring. It's supposed to be comedy but it was snore fest for me." Mind you this is a statement that came from a girl that watch movies from that movie industry like no tomorrow.

You Yoruba should figure out to market your damn sh1ts and stop your pathetic attache by force. You look pathetic. Even your TV plays have been around longer than Nollywood and yet it's have yet to make wave like Nollywood. Figure out how to market and sell your sh1ts. Pathetic ppl. Go to brazil and sell it since una claim they supposedly want it and stop your longer thr0ating.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Ihuomadinihu: 8:10am On May 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

Own what? Go and ask people like Mercy Johnson, Olu Jacobs, Foluke Daramola,Norbert Young,Funke Akindele etc. And they will tell you that they almost lost their relevance in nollywood because they are not Igbos. Some of them had to pack and go back to yollywood. Before Jenifa was released Funke could not get a role in Nollywood. Others like Mercy Johnson, Eve Esin, Ruth Kadiri, Halima Abubakar had to learn Igbo language before getting a role in Nollywood. You are only a blinded by unnecessary tribal sentiments.
Ada Ameh of Aki and Pawpaw is not Igbo but had to learn igbo to fit into nollywood. Ramsey Nouah,Omotola,Desmond Elliot and Segun Arinze,RMD were all grommed by Igbo producers. Stop ranting nonesense!
Till tomorrow Nollywood is just an English version of Igbo movies which is in high demand in America,Carribbean and all over Africa. The other branch of Nollywood is synonymous with Cinema movies which is just a recent trend in Nigeria. Time will tell how far it goes.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by UncleJudax(m): 8:14am On May 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

wink

Yorubawood is Yoruba language of NIGERIAN films. Nollywood is also owned by Yorubas AND non-Yorubas.

Don't kwensh grin Most memorable Nollywood actors are Yorubas, Non-Igbos and Ghanaians such as Nelson and Majid.
Hehehe. I repeat, devil's advocate.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Nobody: 8:16am On May 30, 2015
kettykings:
There are 3 movie industry in nigeria nollywood controlled by igbos and niger delta, yorubawood controlled by yorubas and kanny wood controlled by the hausas.

There's really no need for the friction except some people who want to operate in more than one industry and when it comes to struggle you complain of being discriminated by the people who control that industry

My frnd remove Niger Delta from ur trash

Must u feel u own Nigeria ?, must u feel u Re d One Giving Nigerians Hope ?,,,Must u feel Ur Tribe is d best and others re nothing..

Nollywood is Controlled by Nigerians, Dominated by SE, due to tribalism

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Ihuomadinihu: 8:20am On May 30, 2015
@Nonaira Are you talking about Superstory? That one had to feature Igbos to sell o. I can remember all super story series, and they did not make sense till Igbo actors got involved. The other Tv play still featured a notable number of Igbos and Niger Deltans.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Masterclass32: 8:22am On May 30, 2015
The three woods: Nollywood, Kannywood and the other wood, should remain as independent as possible. cheesy
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by chamboy(m): 8:33am On May 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

No they shouldn't. I, for one, prefer Yoruba movies because the English version is crap.

Yorubas just need to market its language, while she wets her foot in Nollywood.
no wen I mean scrap ... I usually meant d same tin u saying....
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by kettykings: 8:35am On May 30, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Must u feel u own Nigeria ?, must u feel u Re d One Giving Nigerians Hope ?,,,Must u feel Ur Tribe is d best and others re nothing..

God bless Nigeria

Go back and read what is in the main post.
There are 3. Movie industry in nigeria nollywood, yorubawood and kannywood.

The big problem is that yorubas want to leave their yollywood or yorubawood and come to nollywood where they will want to put a babaloja and collect fees they did not work for.

That would never happen or be allowed to happen.

Igbos will never leave nollywood for yorubawood.
Yorubas should allow peace to reign and face yorubawood. Hausa people are never interested in nollywood or yorubawood. Igbos are not interested in kannywood or yorubawood.
Only yorubas want to destroy nollywood by coming to it the same way they destroyed other businesses in their hands.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by pwettyolly(f): 8:35am On May 30, 2015
Sry to say you guys are pathetic
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Ihuomadinihu: 8:40am On May 30, 2015
Goodboiyy:

God bless Nigeria
Simply put,there was no nollywood before Kenneth Ogunjiofor produced Living in Bondage. Yes,the new nollywood is a combination of all Nigerians riding on the efforts of Igbo film makers. Nobdoy tribalised nollywood, non igbos couldn't compete with igbos and had to step down or go solo along the way.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by PreciousBro: 8:57am On May 30, 2015
Nollywood is a brand known across Nigeria/Africa. It promotes and enhances the culture of the igbos given the fact that many of their stories and characters are igbo oriented and portrays the lingo and tradition of the igbos.

Many people from across the world now say things like "Chineke", "Biko", Nna" ,Ewo shocked ,"Tufiakwa" and what not, all igbo words, some people in the east africa like kenya and uganda are very well aware of some of our cultural practices like "New yam festival" and the patrolling of masquerades as seen in some of our film flicks. These are evidences to that fact that Nollywood is Igbo made. And when I say igbo made I don't mean the shoes Ileked loves to wear that was made by my brother Chukwuemeka Aba cheesy

LoLgrin

You people shouldn't take Ilekeh seriously, she loves Igbos and we love her too lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Nobody: 9:02am On May 30, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Simply put,there was no nollywood before Kenneth Ogunjiofor produced Living in Bondage. Yes,the new nollywood is a combination of all Nigerians riding on the efforts of Igbo film makers. Nobdoy tribalised nollywood, non igbos couldn't compete with igbos and had to step down or go solo along the way.

we have film makers tat re from SS tat re nt making wave, like Ejico Fejiro, and Others, not to talk of People from other part of d country, 80% - 90% of Nollywood Stars re Igbo, so re u telling me Other Nigerians can't Perform well ?, or Its only Igbo tat can ? or Other Nigerians ain't talented,, Common am not a kid

So just admit it, u guys re been tribalistic wen it comes to Nollywood,

God bless u..
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Nobody: 9:12am On May 30, 2015
kettykings:

Go back and read what is in the main post.
There are 3. Movie industry in nigeria nollywood, yorubawood and kannywood.

The big problem is that yorubas want to leave their yollywood or yorubawood and come to nollywood where they will want to put a babaloja and collect fees they did not work for.

That would never happen or be allowed to happen.

Igbos will never leave nollywood for yorubawood.
Yorubas should allow peace to reign and face yorubawood. Hausa people are never interested in nollywood or yorubawood. Igbos are not interested in kannywood or yorubawood.
Only yorubas want to destroy nollywood by coming to it the same way they destroyed other businesses in their hands.

Nollywood as d Name implies belongs to Nigerians, So if me from SS wants to participate in it am free to do it, So wats wrong if other tribe re wanting to join Nollywood ?...

we all know hw difficult it is for A Non-igbo to b successful in Acting Business, cous 80% of d marketers,producers re Igbo, just admit it, u guys re been tribalistic wen it Comes to Nollywood stuff
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Ihuomadinihu: 10:28am On May 30, 2015
Goodboiyy:

we have film makers tat re from SS tat re nt making wave, like Ejico Fejiro, and Others, not to talk of People from other part of d country, 80% - 90% of Nollywood Stars re Igbo, so re u telling me Other Nigerians can't Perform well ?, or Its only Igbo tat can ? or Other Nigerians ain't talented,, Common am not a kid

So just admit it, u guys re been tribalistic wen it comes to Nollywood,

God bless u..
Your comment is not coherent. Nollywood movies is associated with Igbo and Igbo culture. That is not debatable.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga by Ihuomadinihu: 10:42am On May 30, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Nollywood as d Name implies belongs to Nigerians, So if me from SS wants to participate in it am free to do it, So wats wrong if other tribe re wanting to join Nollywood ?...

we all know hw difficult it is for A Non-igbo to b successful in Acting Business, cous 80% of d marketers,producers re Igbo, just admit it, u guys re been tribalistic wen it Comes to Nollywood stuff
How many SS people testified that they are deprived from joining nollywood. How many of them are interested? Igbos dominate nollywood,nobody will stop you if you want to join them. Just stop talking nonesense!
CHICO EJIRO, AMATA FAMILY, ANGA WALTAR, LIZ BENSON, IVIE OKUJIE, HILDA DOKUBO, IBINABO FIBERISIMA, EMEM ISONG, UMEH BISHOP, AY MAKUN, REGINA ASKIA, EVE ESIN, MONALISA CHINDA, CAROLINE EKANEM, SAM DEDE, MBONG AMATA, INI EDO, CHARLES NOVIA, TARILA THOMPSON etc are from the South South, yet they have all made it in nollywood.

When you lack the TALENT and GUTS, you blame it on tribalism.
What Nonesense!
Tribalism ko, fool ni.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Miracle Wins The N200,000 Wager / Movie Times At Silverbird Lagos, Abuja And Ph / TVC Breakfast Show, Wake Up Nigeria Marks Three Years Anniversary On Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.