Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:37 AM

The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech (1595 Views)

Fani- Kayode, Anenih, Other Speak On Buhari’s Inaugural Speech / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa / Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by Wildrage: 10:24pm On May 29, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]1) He said we are heirs of great empires like the Benin Empire, the great OYO Empire, The Great El kanem empire and the Uthman Dan fodio empire. He needs to be reminded that Uthman Dan Fodio was a colonialist from Futa Jallon , he was no different from the British colonialist like Lord Lugard and co

2) He acknowledged the help of Cameroon, Chad and Niger for their help in combating the menace of Boko Haram. Not once did he acknowledge the efforts of our gallant soldiers nor did he pay tribute to our fallen heroes who paid the supreme sacrifice in their effort to rid this country of the menace of the terrorist

3) he said they are going to study the problems bedeviling the power sector with a view to intervening with measures that would lead to success in that critical sector. This clearly belies their claims in their manifesto and promises made during the campaign. The impression they gave was that they've studied the situation in the power sector and have the magic wand to give us uninterrupted power supply in the next four years. Surely, they must realise that we won't be entertaining any excuse for failure

4) he addressed his wife as her excellency, I find this quite curious coming from someone who has promised to do away with the office of the first Lady, and what really qualifies his wife as her excellency?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by sleeknick: 10:32pm On May 29, 2015
HedioT! Na ur type wey make light never steady for naija till now....

7 Likes

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by jaytee01(m): 10:35pm On May 29, 2015
Na DAT bottled-up rage go kill u grin

2 Likes

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by Wildrage: 10:38pm On May 29, 2015
Very predictable responses
Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 29, 2015
The op didnt go to school. Ignore him.

So u don't know that the wife of a president is also called excellency? First lady office is not about being called excellency .. It is about the state paraphenalia reserved exclusively for her which is not right.

But as the wife of the president, she becomes her excellency too.

As for usman dan fodio...u r talking of fouta jallon whatever...do u know where the beni empire started from? Or where the oyo empire started from? Did u not read history? Nonsense

About the fallen heros...he was at that time talking about countries that have assisted in the fight against corruption, assuring them that we can take it on from here..so he thanked them for their support. He wasn't thanking the soldiers in particular so that was not an avenue to talk abt those who have died and so on..get a life

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by Wildrage: 10:44pm On May 29, 2015
soe:

So u don't know that the wife of a president is also called excellency? First lady office is not about bing called excellency .. It is about the state paraphenalia reserved for her which is not right.

But as the wife of the president, they become excellencies.

As for usman dan fodio...u r talking of fouta jallon whatever...do u know where the beni empire started from? Or where the oyo empire started from? Did u not read history? Nonsense

About the fallen heros...he was at that time talking about countries who have assisted in the fight against corruption, assuring them that we can take it on from here..so he thanked them for their support. He wasn't thanking the soldiera themselves so there was not an avenue to talk abt those who have died and so on..get a life

You sound very literate and your logic well articulated grin
soe:

So u don't know that the wife of a president is also called excellency? First lady office is not about bing called excellency .. It is about the state paraphenalia reserved for her which is not right.

But as the wife of the president, they become excellencies.

About the fallen heros...he was at that time talking about countries who have assisted in the fight against corruption, assuring them that we can take it on from here..so he thanked them for their support. He wasn't thanking the soldiera themselves so there was not an avenue to talk abt those who have died and so on..get a life

You sound very literate and your logic well articulated

1 Like

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by remsonik(f): 10:44pm On May 29, 2015
Your post made no sense
Didn't you read the part where he said boko haram will no longer be allowed to kill innocent Nigerians. If he didn't recognize the efforts of military he won't order the military command center moved to Maiduguri. Obviously he's tired of the excesses of boko haram and how our troops have been ridiculed so much internationally.

What's wrong in addressing his wife as 'excellency' That's a man who respects and acknowledge his beau of many years. As a civilian president protocols are not necessarily a compulsory thing to follow in your speech. He appreciated the people in no particular order please.

Pls go and read your history books again on the uthman Dan fodio empire.

Oh oh the problems the power sector is facing is so numerous and to get it right they have to keep studying the sector while working on it. The transformation is gonna be gradual but there's going to be improvements.
We have corruption,generator cabals,need more dams and hydroelectric power stations. We need to explore using gas,solar to generate our power.
Its just less than 24 hours before he was handed the mantle of leadership.

3 Likes

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by omolami: 10:47pm On May 29, 2015
The man is daft, clueless,ignoble ,lacking in modern democracy and highly dull. He is a primary school leaving certificate holder. Not much is expected from the man.

7 Likes

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by Wildrage: 10:51pm On May 29, 2015
omolami:
The man is daft, clueless,ignoble ,lacking in modern democracy and highly dull. He is a primary school leaving certificate holder. Not much is expected from the man.

I totally agree with u

1 Like

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 29, 2015
omolami:
dude you still have many years for crying and whining. Tanoids, una never see anything. grin

5 Likes

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:56pm On May 29, 2015
OP, pls, what positive thing have you contributed to this nation

3 Likes

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by tucky200(m): 10:58pm On May 29, 2015
Wildrage:
[color=#990000][/color]1) He said we are heirs of great empires like the Benin Empire, the great OYO Empire, The Great El kanem empire and the Uthman Dan fodio empire. He needs to be reminded that Uthman Dan Fodio was a colonialist from Futa Jallon , he was no different from the British colonialist like Lord Lugard and co

2) He acknowledged the help of Cameroon, Chad and Niger for their help in combating the menace of Boko Haram. Not once did he acknowledge the efforts of our gallant soldiers nor did he pay tribute to our fallen heroes who paid the supreme sacrifice in their effort to rid this country of the menace of the terrorist

3) he said they are going to study the problems bedeviling the power sector with a view to intervening with measures that would lead to success in that critical sector. This clearly belies their claims in their manifesto and promises made during the campaign. The impression they gave was that they've studied the situation in the power sector and have the magic wand to give us uninterrupted power supply in the next four years. Surely, they must realise that we won't be entertaining any excuse for failure

4) he addressed his wife as her excellency, I find this quite curious coming from someone who has promised to do away with the office of the first Lady, and what really qualifies his wife as her excellency?
Learn to listen and learn b4 criticising
I just hope dis senselessness doesn't run in d whole family
Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by Wildrage: 11:00pm On May 29, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

A good and upright citizen, pay my taxes and I voted in the last election grin
SLIDEwaxie:

A good and upright citizen, pay my taxes and I voted in the last election

1 Like

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by Wildrage: 11:03pm On May 29, 2015
tucky200:

Learn to listen and learn b4 criticising
I just hope dis senselessness doesn't run in d whole family

I listened attentively hence my observations, I am not sure you did, seems you were more interested in the military parade

1 Like

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by GoodMuyis(m): 11:04pm On May 29, 2015
omolami:

He lack democracy yet he backed GEJ in 2009 when Yaradua was sick

He lack Democracy yet he refuse to counter all the false PDP propaganda

He lack Democracy yet PDP attack dog [Fayose] Hails Buhari’s Inaugural

Stop the hate Just watch, abd see how Nigeria will be hard for you to lived in because of your Mindset

Congrate Bro happy DemoCracy
Welcome to change

1 Like

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by mikolo80: 11:07pm On May 29, 2015
4yrs of painment awaiting Satanists
Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by GoodMuyis(m): 11:07pm On May 29, 2015
Wildrage:

I listened attentively hence my observations, I am not sure you did, seems you were more interested in the military parade

Dont argue much, the speech must have need written more that two weeks ago, hence most important issue can not be left out. remember he is a Millitary General and will not overlook that
Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 29, 2015
op what do u expect from old fool. The speech was writing for him, so he has no idea what his even reading. l

1 Like

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by tucky200(m): 11:08pm On May 29, 2015
Wildrage:

Senselessness dey worry u
BIG TIME

1 Like

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by estee123: 11:10pm On May 29, 2015
I wonder when this whole swearing into power will stop. Can't there be a swearing in to transformation in all facets of the country. Other neighbouring nations are projecting for better tommorrow
Nigeria has stigmatised herself to total deterioting situations. Fundamental culture of learning has been bastardized, all thanks to our fore leaders who never ceases to create doom. Must God always be a Mandela in Nigeria, Great leaders of the past fought to see to a better life for You and I. This generation chooses to be toddler in actions and in thought. Let's redeem the glory of the past.
Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:11pm On May 29, 2015
Wildrage:

A good and upright citizen, pay my taxes and I voted in the last election grin

A good and upright citizen, pay my taxes and I voted in the last election
as expected: a lazy man farts, and counts it as a job

1 Like

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by shortgun(m): 11:23pm On May 29, 2015
omolami:
Note also that he is corpse exhumed and packaged for d sole purpose of of taking Nigeria backward by scam artists who deceived the gullible so that they can have unhindered access to the nation's treasury.
Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by Nobody: 2:49am On May 30, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

Abeg no mind am the jobless saTanist joor. Now wey we don remove bre8st from eh mouth i.e pay-per-post alawee, we shall see how long his kind would last posting trash on NL.
Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by larrymoore(m): 3:07am On May 30, 2015
Wildrage:

on ur last paragraph, he uses the word 'exellencies' , probably referring to other word leaders present.
Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by VoteOutPDPJona: 7:47am On May 30, 2015
omolami:
Bhari's expected positive performance will make you recant. Let's keep our fingers crossed and proffer solutions to him.

1 Like

Re: The Many Gaffes Of Buhari's Inaugural Speech by AWONEYAN(m): 7:59am On May 30, 2015
Some people are so daft that when they even see good things, their Retina will interpret cluelessness, I no blame u Op

(1) (Reply)

"My Hands Are Tied.I Remain Loyal" - Saraki's Letter To APC Leaks / New York Times Reports On Radio Biafra / Shekau Would Have Still Be Alive If Buhari Had Lost 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.