Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech (1504 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Hailed For His Speech At Oxford University (Pics) / Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements / Fans Blast Joseph Yobo On Twitter For Supporting Jonathan Via His Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by Nobody: 3:07am On May 30, 2015
Your average terrorist is an attention seeking troll. They do whatever they do to draw attention to themselves and their cause.

So I was really disturbed when Buhari mentioned in his inauguration speech that he will ensure the eradication of Boko Haram.

Now, inaugural speeches are a piece of history, I would have preferred Buhari used the term, Terrorists rather give publicity to these lunatics. As a matter of fact I will suggest that henceforth Boko Haram should not be used to describe these lunatics henceforth.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by acenazt: 3:15am On May 30, 2015
Mr suggester. Your point is clear but the sect already has all the hype, rep and actions to prep it up. The President's mentioning doesn't change a thing.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by Nobody: 3:17am On May 30, 2015
Also we should cease to describe Boko Haram as an "insurgency" but rather classify it for what it truly is which is A Terrorist organisation.

There is a huge difference between these two classifications.

The Obama White House recently downgraded the Taliban in Afghanistan from a Terrorist Organisation to an "armed insurgency".

By doing so the White House was able to open negotiations with the Taliban towards a suspicious hostage swap involving one lone wolf US marine deserter for 5 hardcore Taliban fighters jailed in gitmo.

The Americans have since started integrating the Taliban back into Afghan Society through concessions and appeasement

So pls President Buhari try as much as possible to stop mentioning Boko Haram or classifying them as insurgency.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by Nobody: 3:22am On May 30, 2015
acenazt:
Mr suggester. Your point is clear but the sect already has all the hype, rep and actions to prep it up. The President's mentioning doesn't change a thing.

In the business of Terror no publicity is bad publicity.

Any terror organization worth its salt will want their very existence and name to be on every body's mind.

I strongly believe Buhari's speech writers erred.

200 yrs in future, a young historian researching Buhari will stumble upon the words Boko Haram.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by Nobody: 3:27am On May 30, 2015
How come is it that you haven't killed yourself yet? Death is good thing, especially when it happens to you

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by texanomaly(f): 3:30am On May 30, 2015
WombRaiders:

In the business of Terror no publicity is bad publicity.

Any terror organization worth its salt will want their very existence and name to be on every body's mind.

I strongly believe Buhari's speech writers erred.

200 yrs in future, a young historian researching Buhari will stumble upon the words Boko Haram.

Do you think this speech is the only place in history where the words Biko Haram will be mentioned? I don't get you.

I would have been disappointed if he had not mentioned them. They are a serious problem that many Nigerians are concerned about. Why wouldn't he mention something that affects so many Nigerians?

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by Nobody: 3:42am On May 30, 2015
[/quote][quote author=texanomaly post=34233300]

Do you think this speech is the only place in history where the words Biko Haram will be mentioned? I don't get you.

I would have been disappointed he had not mentioned them. They are a serious problem that many Nigerians are concerned about. Why wouldn't he mention something that affects so many Nigerians?

You are not understanding me. Boko Haram is already in the history books and they won't go any where if we just merely stop mentioning their name.

What I am simply stating is that Buhari should have mentioned Boko Haram in such a high profile occasion.

Check out all US presidents speeches since Clinton you will never any of them use the formal names of any terrorist organization.

For example Assad of Syria never mentions ISIS but rather he uses the term "Daesh" which is Arabic for Terrorist. By simply doing this Assad refuses to recognise ISIS corporate existence talk less of their cause.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by loomer: 3:44am On May 30, 2015
Ki le san?
Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by Caseless: 3:55am On May 30, 2015
Do you think buhari should look away from our greatest problem at the moment? Do you know what the world would have tagged him if had not mentioned boko haram in his ' inaugural' speech? So what do u think obama, cameron , netanyahu are doing to boko haram whenever they mention the group in their speech? Which terrorist group is not an attention-seeking type?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by Orunto: 3:56am On May 30, 2015
I agree. But what is in a name? May be a tide in his affairs? Let him eradicate it now in a LIFO, then we go to Biafra and to mend before we come back to wipe out the mother(Terrorism).
Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by DaBullIT(m): 5:02am On May 30, 2015
Mentioning Boko Haram means they are his target now and will do anything to stop them, why's that so bad ?
Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by here: 6:54am On May 30, 2015
OP it was really a blunder I thought as much but understand 98% of posters here are driven by emotions and not knowledge so this your post stand a chance of being ridiculed. All these years of our pain there is one thing I did appreciate about Nigeria press they have understood the terror group and did avoid giving them the publicity they desire hence not much pictures and ground reports,whether this is lack of reporters willing to volunteer is another theory but understand again Nigerians are sentimental and leaders dish what we want to continue to control us.Imagine if he had talked about his strategy without mentioning them but its same way they don't understand the implication of their careless statements like economy is broke,it has its implications but average Nigerian so desperate to be treated well love it and careless how it hurts them while these leaders I doubt if they ever allow professionals vet their speeches other than mere speech writers

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by texazzpete(m): 7:05am On May 30, 2015
There's some crazy levels of insanity going on in Nairaland these days.

I assure you, to the thousands killed in the North and the estimated 3.3 million people displaced by violence, to the parents of the Chibok girls and the Buni-yadi school boys, to the folks killed in the Nyanya bus stop bombing, Boko Haram is MUCH MORE than an 'attention seeking troll'

They should be named, shamed and threatened. That is what strong presidents do.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by Nobody: 7:07am On May 30, 2015
texazzpete:

I assure you, to the thousands killed in the North and the estimated 3.3 million people displaced by violence, to the parents of the Chibok girls and the Buni-yadi school boys, to the folks killed in the Nyanya bus stop bombing, Boko Haram is MUCH MORE than an 'attention seeking troll'

They should be classified under the criminal penal code as terrorists.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by anonimi: 7:13am On May 30, 2015
texazzpete:

Like Brainless Buhari, not so

Buhari faults crackdown on Boko Haram
JUNE 3, 2013

Presidential candidate for the Congress for Progressive Change in the 2011 Presidential election, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has frowned on the emergency rule in parts of the North. He alleged that innocent civilians were being killed in the states.

Buhari speaking during a Liberty FM Hausa Service Programme, Guest of the Week, on Sunday in Kaduna said that Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished unlike the “special treatment” given to the Niger Delta militants by the Federal Government.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/joining-apc-not-about-2015-presidency-buhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193460_buharifaultsbokoclampdown_jpega413ed39790bd6df7c30d3a27da2352c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2197070_stopkillingbokoharammembers2_jpeg5f078169b2de9f9501c7a9bbf6933c41

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by Imokay: 7:34am On May 30, 2015
WombRaiders:

You are not understanding me. Boko Haram is already in the history books and they won't go any where if we just merely stop mentioning their name.

What I am simply stating is that Buhari should have mentioned Boko Haram in such a high profile occasion.

Check out all US presidents speeches since Clinton you will never any of them use the formal names of any terrorist organization.

For example Assad of Syria never mentions ISIS but rather he uses the term "Daesh" which is Arabic for Terrorist. By simply doing this Assad refuses to recognise ISIS corporate existence talk less of their cause.

The average Nigerian will hardly get your point as we have difficulty in strategic thinking and analytics. What many Nigerians don't realise is that contrary to thinking the devil is pushing them to set bomb, they only do it for psychological warfare as they claim responsibility in the name of their organisation. Each time they grab the headline in news report it is a sort of victory for them and they get it without paying a penny for advert slot. Try and get your own cause on national paper reports and see how much they will charge you.
A simple reference to terrorism by certain groups in the North east would have suffice for the occasion. Now the organisation name has found permanent home in such an epoch making occasion for Nigeria. Same issue played when Obama refused to attach Islam to ISIL atrocities, but the truth is ISIL craves such attention and feel shortchanged when you don't mention Islamic in describing them.

It will be a surprise if the average Nigerian understands this

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by Nobody: 7:38am On May 30, 2015
Imokay:

The average Nigerian will hardly get your point as we have difficulty in strategic thinking and analytics. What many Nigerians don't realise is that contrary to thinking the devil is pushing them to set bomb, they only do it for psychological warfare as they claim responsibility in the name of their organisation. Each time they grab the headline in news report it is a sort of victory for them and they get it without paying a penny for advert slot. Try and get your own cause on national paper reports and see how much they will charge you.
A simple reference to terrorism by certain groups in the North east would have suffice for the occasion. Now the organisation name has found permanent home in such an epoch making occasion for Nigeria. Same issue played when Obama refused to attach Islam to ISIL atrocities, but the truth is ISIL craves such attention and feel shortchanged when you don't mention Islamic in describing them.

It will be a surprise if the average Nigerian understands this

Finally, there is an intelligent life form posting here.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by texazzpete(m): 1:00pm On May 30, 2015
anonimi:

Like Brainless Buhari, not so

Et tu, anonimi?

It must sting, does it not, to wake up today and see that you weren't dreaming and Buhari is President. All your years of sycophancy, undone in a few weeks.

anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193460_buharifaultsbokoclampdown_jpega413ed39790bd6df7c30d3a27da2352c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2197070_stopkillingbokoharammembers2_jpeg5f078169b2de9f9501c7a9bbf6933c41

Nobody's allowed to change their minds again?
Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by anonimi: 2:43pm On May 30, 2015
texazzpete:
Nobody's allowed to change their minds again?

I did not realise that Brainless Buhari changed his mind about ACCUSING our gallant soldiers of killing his TERRORISTS.

I guess I must have missed the news report.

I am sure you don't mind sharing where he said he changed his mind grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Happy That Buhari Mentioned Boko Haram In His Speech by anonimi: 10:20am On May 31, 2015
Abeg anybody don see texazzpete, abi na texas PITY sef, for this forum since?

Make una tell am to come and share where his Daura President changed his mind about ACCUSING our gallant soldiers of killing and burning the houses of his TERRORISTS!

Thanks in advance for passing on this message to him grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Is The Man / The Hidden Faults And Secret Vices Of Your Lovers Based On Astrology / Picture : Why I Removed Buhari - IBB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.