Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north (2499 Views)

Buhari’s Military Action In Gambia Without Approval – Senator Chukwuka Utazi / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF / General Buhari's Military Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by Nobody: 8:33am On May 30, 2015
From the archives of the great thoughts of Mr. President.

Lest we forget. We are watching.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) National Leader, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has criticised the declaration of state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States and the subsequent military offensive against the Boko Haram Islamic sect.
Buhari, who featured on the “Guest of the Week,” a Hausa programme of the Kaduna-based Liberty Radio, yesterday said the federal government’s action was a gross injustice against the north.

According to him, unlike the special treatment the federal government gave to the Niger Delta militants, the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished.
He said he was not in support of the declaration of state of emergency in the three north-eastern states because President Goodluck Jonathan had failed from the outset in addressing the security situation in the country.

Besides, Buhari added that the security challenges facing the country started in the Niger Delta region where he alleged that politicians desperate to retain their positions as governors recruited youths and armed them to enable them win elections by force.
According to Buhari, who fielded questions in Hausa language before the English version of the programme, “What is responsible for the security situation in the country was caused by the activities of Niger Delta militants.

“Every Nigerian that is familiar with what happened knows this. The Niger Delta militants started it all. What happened is that the governors of the Niger Delta region at that time wanted to win their elections, so they recruited the youths and gave them guns and bullets and used them against their opponents to win elections by force.
“After the elections were over, they asked the boys to return the guns, the boys refused to return the guns. Because of that, the allowance that was being given to the youths by the governors during that time was stopped.

“The youths resorted to kidnapping oil workers and were collecting dollars as ransom. Now a boy of 18 to 20 years was getting about $500 in a week, why will he go to school and spend 20 years to study and then come back and get employed by government to be paid N100,000 a month; that is if he is lucky to get employment?

“So kidnapping became very rampant in the south-south and the south-east. They kidnapped people and were collecting money.
“How did Boko Haram start? We know that their leader, Mohammed Yusuf, started his militancy and the police couldn’t control them and the army was invited. He was arrested by soldiers and handed over to the police.

“The appropriate thing to do, according to the law, was for the police to carry out investigations and charge him to court for prosecution, but they killed him, his in-law was killed, they went and demolished their houses.
“Because of that, his supporters resorted to what they are doing today.
“You see in the case of the Niger Delta militants, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua sent an airplane to bring them, he sat down with them and discussed with them, they were cajoled, and they were given money and granted amnesty.
“They were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north are being killed and their houses demolished. They are different issues, what brought this? It is injustice.”

Buhari also explained why he joined politics after his release from detention by former military president, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, saying that his close associates and those who knew him very well convinced him to join partisan politics.

He said those who knew him, knew that he took on positions of responsibility without begging anyone for appointments.
“I was a military governor in a state that has been divided into six states today; I was minister of petroleum for four years and six months. I was a military head of state. But because these people know how I live my life, they were not coming to beg me for money. They were coming to ask me to comment on issues that affected the nation,” he added.

He said further that the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 also shaped his attitude to politics.
“When I joined partisan politics in April 2002, in my ward in Daura, (Katsina State), they kept on coming. And then one significant thing at the global level happened, the Soviet Union collapsed.
“Out of the Soviet Union, there are now about 18 or 19 republics and that conclusively proved to me as an individual that the multi-party system is the best form of democracy, but with the big caveat that elections must be free and fair. That is how I arrived in CPC today, but first from APP to ANPP to CPC," he said.

Buhari lamented that God has blessed Nigeria with human and natural resources, but “we have failed to organise ourselves”, stressing that one of the problems bedevilling the country is bad leadership.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by captainBIAFRA(m): 8:34am On May 30, 2015
HYPOCRITICAL BOKOHARIAM angry

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by nerodenero: 8:50am On May 30, 2015
If Buhari's submission is anything to go by, I expected him to have also told us the Ali Modu Sherriff's factor in the creation of bokoharam because he used and empowered them.

Anyway that is the past now. Buhari should not end the amnesty in Niger Delta and grant same to bokoharam because that would mean that in Nigeria, we support crimes against humanity and after all said and done, we reward their action. Niger Delta amnesty, though has been abused and needs to be addressed, the militant were nothing close to Bokobastard.

The way PMB addresses this situation might decide his fate in the long run.
Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by nwala85: 8:53am On May 30, 2015
The modern hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by PassingShot(m): 8:58am On May 30, 2015
Elections are over. Buhari has been sworn in as the new president.

You will do yourself good to stop campaigning even though I know the election loss is very painful.

Just find a way to move on.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by Nobody: 8:59am On May 30, 2015
nerodenero:
If Buhari's submission is anything to go by, I expected him to have also told us the Ali Modu Sherriff's factor in the creation of bokoharam because he used and empowered them.

Anyway that is the past now. Buhari should not end the amnesty in Niger Delta and grant same to bokoharam because that would mean that in Nigeria, we support crimes against humanity and after all said and done, we reward their action. Niger Delta amnesty, though has been abused and needs to be addressed, the militant were nothing close to Bokobastard.

The way PMB addresses this situation might decide his fate in the long run.

That is why i pulled this out, in case they think we have forgotten.
Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by ki02020(m): 9:01am On May 30, 2015
This op is truely of the STONE AGE generation.......dont you get it, is a new dawnm....face it or go and lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by owobokiri(m): 9:08am On May 30, 2015
Following his logic, a presidential helicopter should be sent to Sambissa to airlift one Shekau to Aso rock for "cajoling, discussions and monetary inducements". Talk about the ostritch hiding its head in the sand. . The problem with buhari is not whether he will perform to the best of his abilities or whether he will fight corruption. The problem with this man is that he is too sectional in his outlook to Nigeria, too tribally opionated and too polarizing a figure to lead a multi ethnic Nigeria. . Essentially expect a sectional distribution of services that favours the north as a fight against corruption starts to respect tribal marks. . His days at PTF with all the attendant sectionalism defines this mans counter productive parochial approach to national duties.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by Nobody: 9:10am On May 30, 2015
ki02020:
This op is true of the STONE AGE generation.......5ont you get it is a new dawnm....face it or go and lipsrsealed

"or go and die"

hahahahaa.

Wetin dey fear you to say it?

So I am from the stone age?
Well, Mr. President obviously by this statement is very primitive.
So you think becoming President will change his mentality?
Relax bro, we just want to remind him that we know who is.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by fiizznation: 9:25am On May 30, 2015
the north bare the burns of boko haram. We are they only people who understand and know the type of destruction boko haram brought to our once peaceful land. We are a contended group of people who only want to live and let other people live too. Whatever method/way that will see boko haram defeated is highly welcome by us.

We just want to live our simple lives in peace. Peace is the only thing we want.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by StOla: 9:32am On May 30, 2015
noblezone:

Funny you never thought to pull out claims by Jonathan to go on exile if he did not complete the 2nd Niger Bridge before 2015.

So you have a memory after all? Even you reek of hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by Nobody: 9:34am On May 30, 2015
StOla:

Funny you never thought to pull out claims by Jonathan to go on exile if he did not complete the 2nd Niger Bridge before 2015.

So you have a memory after all? Even you reek of hypocrisy.

Jonathan is no longer on the state.
Buhari is.
Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by omenka(m): 9:42am On May 30, 2015
noblezone:

I'm pulling this out hoping you don't forget as well.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by StOla: 9:51am On May 30, 2015
noblezone:

Jonathan is no longer on the state.
Buhari is.

So Jonathan held your memory hostage, only to release it after Buhari took over?

So you even know how to recall past statements and promises to evaluate present realities?

I'm happy you can now retrieve from your memory. We also thought you had truly forgotten, instead it was selective amnesia.

Anyway, Omenka has helped you to recover more pleasing data from your memory so you don't forget the important details.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by BLOTRS: 9:56am On May 30, 2015
Anti north kor uncle west ni
Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by jmaine: 10:01am On May 30, 2015
The beauty of destructive criticism that was deployed by the APC on full display, yet they are busy sending useless threats to people dissuading them from towing raspy approaches against the man of the moment . . . . . . .

Let's just hope he has leant his lessons and his supporters will learn how to defend him judiciously without needless tears and threats . . . .
Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by Nobody: 10:04am On May 30, 2015
StOla:

So Jonathan held your memory hostage, only to release it after Buhari took over?

So you even know how to recall past statements and promises to evaluate present realities?

I'm happy you can now retrieve from your memory. We also thought you had truly forgotten, instead it was selective amnesia.

Anyway, Omenka has helped you to recover more pleasing data from your memory so you don't forget the important details.

Bros, go and settle your problems with Jonathan.

Buhari, Mr President of today, used his mouth to say the military campaign is anti North.
didnt send him to say it.
Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by Nobody: 10:07am On May 30, 2015
jmaine:
The beauty of destructive criticism that was deployed by the APC on full display, yet they are busy sending useless threats to people dissuading them from towing raspy approaches against the man of the moment . . . . . . .

Let's just hope he has leant his lessons and his supporters will learn how to defend him judiciously without needless tears and threats . . . .

This one is not even a criticism , let alone a destructive one.

It is just a reminder of the mentality of Buhari.
His handlers should be very vigilant, else he would embarrass them beyond measure.
Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by jmaine: 10:13am On May 30, 2015
noblezone:

This one is not even a criticism , let alone a destructive one.

It is just a reminder of the mentality of Buhari.
His handlers should be very vigilant, else he would embarrass them beyond measure.

My destructive here was to further strengthen your post about the recent upheaval by his supporters to gag criticisms on his administration and to reveal the hypocrisy therein. Sure all his past utterances can't be dismissed in a wave simply because he has now decided to sing a new song . . . . . .

It is well . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by StOla: 10:15am On May 30, 2015
noblezone:

Bros, go and settle your problems with Jonathan.

Buhari, Mr President of today, used his mouth to say the military campaign is anti North.
didnt send him to say it.

What more problem could I have with an ineffective employee that has been duly sacked? He now belongs to dustbin of history.

My problem is with his army of sycophants who never complained about his failings but are already lamenting about the guy who has just been hired to clean out the trash created.

Remember not to loiter around the trash while you wail, the new guy wields the broom, else you find yourself in the dustbin too.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by Nobody: 10:31am On May 30, 2015
StOla:

What more problem could I have with an ineffective employee that has been duly sacked? He now belongs to dustbin of history.

My problem is with his army of sycophants who never complained about his failings but are already lamenting about the guy who has just been hired to clean out the trash created.

Remember not to loiter around the trash while you wail, the new guy wields the broom, else you find yourself in the dustbin too.

The point is this:

we see it from different perspectives.
Boko Haram is a the baby of Northern Politicians and Jiharidists.
Jonathan was clearing their mess, and was sabotaged at every angle.
It is on record that the Northern army officers were patronising Boko Haram.

Buhari who said war against Boko Haram is anti -north is now in charge.
We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north by fr3do(m): 11:45am On May 30, 2015
fiizznation:
the north bare the burns of boko haram. We are they only people who understand and know the type of destruction boko haram brought to our once peaceful land. We are a contended group of people who only want to live and let other people live too. Whatever method/way that will see boko haram defeated is highly welcome by us.

We just want to live our simple lives in peace. Peace is the only thing we want.

the same north where religious fundamentalism and tribalism thrives.
The north where multiple ethnic

(1) (Reply)

(photo)gone Are D Days When D White Men Are Bowing B4 Uganda's Idie Amin / Why Use Imported Bitumen? Concrete Road Cheaper, Durable, Says Dangote / We Want Freedom For The Indigenous People Of Lagos State, Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.