Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:03 AM

Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist (26077 Views)

3 Likely Sureties Who May Stand In To Meet Nnamdi Kanu Bail Conditions / Buhari Forced Me To Contest As Governor- El- Rufai / Pictures Of Jonathan's Guards That Assaulted Punch Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by emmatok(m): 10:01am On May 30, 2015
dadexcel:
.....................you know its really shocking how some of you guys reason and analyse issues! Most times you apply this very parochial thought process that is amazingly disappointing to state the least; for goodness sakes, the fact that there's freedom of information, is it a reason for any passerby to take a snap shot of the presidents house in a volatile area like bayelsa and the person should not be apprehended? I guess he should also walk into his bedroom and snapp him and his wife because he is a journalist and a punch reporter at that! Let hi go and get us the pictures of all the low rise and high rise products of loot that your godfathers has erected in lagos without proper security clearance and see if he will not receive a worst treatment than this! You guys really need to humble yourselves and study harder, knowledge is critical especially when you have to criticize people rather blindly!

Sorry it's the same Journalists that exposes the rot and corruption in government.

Now you support the beating of the same Journalist for taking the pictures of the home of an elected official, whose work is serving the needs of Nigerians.

It shows we have selected reasoning in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by arsetalks(m): 10:04am On May 30, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Also tell us where it is stated in our constitution that a journalist should be beaten into a coma for report * a mere report* on buhari as was the case in the inauguration
You get sense at all? The Buhari report said thugs. That some uneducated Buhari supporters while GEJ's own was Aides and a commissioner of police and DPO involved. Educated people who should know better.

Use your sense or free me for good.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by ONYX5(m): 10:04am On May 30, 2015
Saao:
from the write up, if u really know ur job, before taking pictures of any properties, u need to take permission from those on site. we are not in animal kingdom abeg
forget that ediot common sense him no get
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Nicepoker(m): 10:06am On May 30, 2015
rerhji:
more grease to ur cluelessnes mr. gej
read all over for better comprehension b4 u comment.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Forwetinnah: 10:07am On May 30, 2015
arsetalks:
You get sense at all? The Buhari report said thugs. That some uneducated Buhari supporters while GEJ's own was Aides and a commissioner of police and DPO involved. Educated people who should know better.

Use your sense or free me for good.

Yeah right, thugs indeed. Were the security at the event sleeping if they were not part of the plan? An event that was bombarded with security enough to fight a neighbouring country and some one was beaten mercilessly and you're here shouting "thugs*. How did they know he's the journalist who wrote a report on Buhari..are they that intelligent if someone had not put them up to it

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by calculator123(m): 10:08am On May 30, 2015
;Ddid u ask for permission if no,then that serves u write.walks of threaddid u ask for permission if no,then that serves u write.walks of threaddid u ask for permission if no,then that serves u write.walks of thread
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by alabiyemmy(m): 10:08am On May 30, 2015
deawoo3:
I hate jonathan

As if anyone cares?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by ocelot2006(m): 10:09am On May 30, 2015
exxell:

You have booked page to type rubbish abi? Shameless man! Let me tell you something, you, NgeneUkwenu, Beremx, Mzjackbaures.... Karma will definitely catch up with you guys one day. Most of you are already complaing that Buhari is being called Brainless. But you had the guts to stay in your one room apartment to type rubbish for four years and call somebody who your whole generations will never be better than "Clueless". Someone who will pay the school fees of your whole village for hundreds of years to come. Yes.... Call him all you like.

But I am certain that your "I velong to ebrivodi" president will encounter the problems he faced. I am sure that he will soon realise that we are in a democratic setting and that the problem with Nigeria is ontological and deep rooted in blood. If you think am lying, stand where ever you are, remove your right borrowed shoes, look up to the sun and swear that you are not a beneficiary of the Nigerian corrupt system. Let me know if Idemmili will not strike you dead.

Personally, I was not comfortable with the way Nigeria was under Jonathan. But I was very much ok with his leadership style. But what will I do? All the past Northern Criminals that ruled this country and are still being recycled one by one are still there holding this country down. Obasanjo that Satan saw and shouted "It is well with my soul" is now even criticizing Jonathan. Babangida that truncated one of the most peaceful elections I witnessed in Nigeria is still there. Abdusalami Abubakar that was indicted in the Harliburton scandal is still there. Even the emperor and grand father of corruption..... The one eyed Derico Nwa mama of our time.... The supporter of APC of Lagos..... Thinubu himself is still there.

But if there is one thing I have learnt in my whole life, it is the very fact that you can never cheat nature. There is a saying that he who goes to equity must come with clean hands. Buhari who claimed that he borrowed money to buy the presidential form is the same man his wife donated 100 and something million for buying drugs. Who are we deceiving? That shows that ab initio, Buhari is not going to equity with clean hands. Let me see how he will deal with Wale Tinubu and Otedola..... Let me see how will deal with same old goons benefiting from this corrupt nation.

Personally, I no longer wish him to fail as I did before election. But can a computer software not do what is what programmed to do? Something that has been engineered to fail, how will it be redeemed? ONLY TIME WILL TELL!

FINALLY, I WISH NIGERIA WELL!

LMAO!! IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!! Excellent post my brother!
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by san316(m): 10:11am On May 30, 2015
Good for them all. You be journalist and you go dey take picture of a frustrated drunkard house. OYO is your case.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Nobody: 10:11am On May 30, 2015
onyi4edu:
He should have introduced himself first and then asked for the permission to take pictures and not just rushing into it because he is a journalist.

Meanwhile leave Jonathan out of this.

Modified***
After reading people's comments and mentions I realised that we have a long way to go in restructuring this country. If there was no one at the site then it's understandable but he met people there and without introduction or permission he starts taking pictures and he expects them to clap for him
I give up honestly undecided
God bless u for this ur comment, and may you live long to continue to dey talk the fact.As a journalist, he suppose introduce him self before he start to dey take photo.even if na my house u do dat kind thing, na area boys go first handle you, before police come

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Ijaya123: 10:11am On May 30, 2015
exxell:

You have booked page to type rubbish abi? Shameless man! Let me tell you something, you, NgeneUkwenu, Beremx, Mzjackbaures.... Karma will definitely catch up with you guys one day. Most of you are already complaing that Buhari is being called Brainless. But you had the guts to stay in your one room apartment to type rubbish for four years and call somebody who your whole generations will never be better than "Clueless". Someone who will pay the school fees of your whole village for hundreds of years to come. Yes.... Call him all you like.

But I am certain that your "I velong to ebrivodi" president will encounter the problems he faced. I am sure that he will soon realise that we are in a democratic setting and that the problem with Nigeria is ontological and deep rooted in blood. If you think am lying, stand where ever you are, remove your right borrowed shoes, look up to the sun and swear that you are not a beneficiary of the Nigerian corrupt system. Let me know if Idemmili will not strike you dead.

Personally, I was not comfortable with the way Nigeria was under Jonathan. But I was very much ok with his leadership style. But what will I do? All the past Northern Criminals that ruled this country and are still being recycled one by one are still there holding this country down. Obasanjo that Satan saw and shouted "It is well with my soul" is now even criticizing Jonathan. Babangida that truncated one of the most peaceful elections I witnessed in Nigeria is still there. Abdusalami Abubakar that was indicted in the Harliburton scandal is still there. Even the emperor and grand father of corruption..... The one eyed Derico Nwa mama of our time.... The supporter of APC of Lagos..... Thinubu himself is still there.

But if there is one thing I have learnt in my whole life, it is the very fact that you can never cheat nature. There is a saying that he who goes to equity must come with clean hands. Buhari who claimed that he borrowed money to buy the presidential form is the same man his wife donated 100 and something million for buying drugs. Who are we deceiving? That shows that ab initio, Buhari is not going to equity with clean hands. Let me see how he will deal with Wale Tinubu and Otedola..... Let me see how will deal with same old goons benefiting from this corrupt nation.

Personally, I no longer wish him to fail as I did before election. But can a computer software not do what is what programmed to do? Something that has been engineered to fail, how will it be redeemed? ONLY TIME WILL TELL!

Good one you released your built-up anger and resentment which would have probably led to heart attack.

You guys are still finding it hard to let it sink into your head that GEJ was a bad product, became president by omission which he wasn't prepared for and not equipped for.

The best thing to have happened in Nigeria in a long time is the voting out of GEJ. This country needs a breather from that ineptitude leadership.

Now we have a new president whose leadership isn't in question, and has a track record of achieving result, (his modus operandi aside). High time you guys face the fact that now, Buhari is the president of Nigeria.

People said he is old wine in new bottle, but let me hasten to say it that wine taste better with age. Nigeria might be better taking in this old wine.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by ocelot2006(m): 10:12am On May 30, 2015
hardywaltz:
I Tot some silly Taniods claimed that there was freedom of speech during GEJ tenure.

1) GEJ is no longer president but a private citizen
2) The residence in question is GEJ's PRIVATE RESIDENCE, hence not covered by the FoI bill. If someone was caught taking a pic of my home, I will beat thevdevil out of him. He could be a criminal.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Beadex1(m): 10:15am On May 30, 2015
Mehn......in this our world which people are so wicked....u dare take picture of my fence or house.......u won't Live to tell De bullshit ....
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by harry509: 10:19am On May 30, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-guards-forced-me-to-stand-in-the-rain-detained-punch-journalist/
na wa ooh. Feel so sorry. Bt nxt time bcareful wen doin suchh. U shud av stay far away and use a zoom camera 2 do dat. Dis our so called greedy politicians slf and @ d end na 1 rooom dem go stil sleep.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by arsetalks(m): 10:19am On May 30, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Yeah right, thugs indeed. Were the security at the event sleeping if they were not part of the plan? An event that was bombarded with security enough to fight a neighbouring country and some one was beaten mercilessly and you're here shouting "thugs*. How did they know he's the journalist who wrote a report on Buhari..are they that intelligent if someone had not put them up to it
Where did the event happen? Eagle square? I talk am, you can't read to understand.

I won't be bothered with you again.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by SpencerLewis(m): 10:26am On May 30, 2015
onyi4edu:
He should have introduced himself first and then asked for the permission to take pictures and not just rushing into it because he is a journalist.

Meanwhile leave Jonathan out of this.

Modified***
After reading people's comments and mentions I realised that we have a long way to go in restructuring this country. If there was no one at the site then it's understandable but he met people there and without introduction or permission he starts taking pictures and he expects them to clap for him
I give up honestly undecided
My sweet sister Onyi nwanne mmadu, u are too beautiful to be writing this 'lubbish' sorry rubbish(apology to my Anambra brethren). Which permission are u asking for or are they hiding something. By explaining himself after the pix was taken shd have been enough for those monsters in uniform. They don't want us to know that after declaring an asset of >N200million Naira as VP in 2007, he is worth >N200billion Naira in 2015.
Ejikwamu ogu.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by MisterF(m): 10:31am On May 30, 2015
laykorn:

Permission to take pictures?
is he d owner of d house. i think dat is why permission is required
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Nobody: 10:31am On May 30, 2015
Ex-president for that matter
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by SpencerLewis(m): 10:39am On May 30, 2015
exxell:

A very bitter Igbo TANoid still very angry that his clueless master was thrown out by our PVC.
Nna ndo biko. Ebekwala akwa ozo biko nwanne mmadu.
Look at u, he can pay school fees of ur whole village. Thats what we are talking about. How did he suddenly become that rich from a poor teacher in FCE in P/H in 1998/1999 to a billion in 2015 and this was the period he accidentally served as deputy governor to president.
Ndi Igbo anyi self una brain and thinking no correct. It pains me that kind support we are giving to this man. An Ijaw man can't give an Igbo man such a support.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Chidoks(f): 10:39am On May 30, 2015
exxell:

This is the most frank,intelligent piece.you stole my heart there.this is the absolute truth.I still wish him well too for the sake of Nigeria but those apc hawks including buhari and obasanjo who's more than less a provabial bat are the cause of Nigeria's problem
. Why must the same old thieves be recycled in Nigeria's government.we voted a youth,instead of them to support him,they manufactured and sponsored all manner of chaos,trouble et al.they watched him make mistakes without guiding him in love now they have taken over.they have gathered but by God they must scatter.I'm still waiting for the miracles!!

Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Lionsclaw: 10:43am On May 30, 2015
Good for you. They thought you were a kidnapper planning on kidnapping the former president. Dont blame anyone you know some of his relatives were kidnapped not too long ago so its precautionary measures. Even the beating you got is due proceedure. No let am pain you. Yeye youthful exhubirance
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Chidoks(f): 10:52am On May 30, 2015
Oga journalist,it's unfortunate you went through torture but ethically weren't you supposed to seek and obtain permission before snapping a private residence or is his house now yours?
. What will be your reaction if you catch someone,anyone snapping your house not to talk of a president's private property?
. Weren't you taught??even common sense should have directed you to act appropriately.I'm saying this because if I catch anyone taking a snapshot of my little small house me and the fellow will wear one leg of trouser o! How much more a president's house with guards abi you no see them

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by FAJFARM(m): 10:55am On May 30, 2015
You sell advertise Penis Enlargement" I sell Brain Enlargement" I think u need my product more than yours for future purpose. I care.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by FAJFARM(m): 10:55am On May 30, 2015
You advertise Penis Enlargement" I sell Brain Enlargement" I think u need my product more than yours for future purpose. I care.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Dannyset(m): 10:56am On May 30, 2015
omenka:
Lol

I'd recommend this thread be placed directly above the other which claims thugs beat up a journalist for doing a report against Al Makura and Buhari.

TANoids were seen to be very ecstatic on that thread and busied themselves jumping up and down like Orang utans overdosed on steroids.

Thugs aren't state agents yet they still found a way to drag Baba's name into it and tagged it the commencement of "Decree 4". Here are state agents directly attached to their remote controller, Jogogoro (apologies Demdem) doing the Decree thingy.

cheesy
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Chidoks(f): 11:03am On May 30, 2015
SpencerLewis:

A very bitter Igbo TANoid still very angry that his clueless master was thrown out by our PVC.
Nna ndo biko. Ebekwala akwa ozo biko nwanne mmadu.
Look at u, he can pay school fees of ur whole village. Thats what we are talking about. How did he suddenly become that rich from a poor teacher in FCE in P/H in 1998/1999 to a billion in 2015 and this was the period he accidentally served as deputy governor to president.
Ndi Igbo anyi self una brain and thinking no correct. It pains me that kind support we are giving to this man. An Ijaw man can't give an Igbo man such a support.

Nnaa please don't go there.the guy spoke the pure truth.is it an Hausa man that will now honor you? Keep out tribal sentiment please after all I was in the north when buhari said Muslims shouldn't vote non Muslims.I gave birth few weeks after he lost elections in the north and the trauma of the crisis that broke out due to buhari's careless statement is still fresh in my mind.i lost family friends because of him.dogs and baboons really soaked in blood suddenly he belongs to everyone one right?? Because good luck conceded abi?? Whatsoever a man sows that he must reap.it's only a matter of time!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Bowaley17(m): 11:13am On May 30, 2015
Where's our Freedom of speech,Freedom of the Press. Ohhh Naija
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by vislabraye(m): 11:13am On May 30, 2015
laykorn:

Permission to take pictures?

Do you go about taking pictures with your blackberry phone for that matter You don't have regards for someone's privacy.
How do we know you are a journalist when you don't go with your usual big camera ? Anyone can use a blackberry. Next time, he should follow due protocol.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by vislabraye(m): 11:19am On May 30, 2015
Chidoks:
Oga journalist,it's unfortunate you went through torture but ethically weren't you supposed to seek and obtain permission before snapping a private residence or is his house now yours?
. What will be your reaction if you catch someone,anyone snapping your house not to talk of a president's private property?
. Weren't you taught??even common sense should have directed you to act appropriately.I'm saying this because if I catch anyone taking a snapshot of my little small house me and the fellow will wear one leg of trouser o! How much more a president's house with guards abi you no see them

You spoke the truth. This is no longer about about politics but more about common sense. I don't think you can go to Obasanjo farm and start taking pictures of it without permission. He even went with his blackberry phone.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by Kobeje(m): 11:32am On May 30, 2015
arsetalks:
Since you want to form knowledgeable, can you tell us what part of the journalism ethnics/code of conduct this is written in?

So a journalist must take permission before he takes pictures of a public person like GEJ? It is not as if he took GEJ's picture in the bathroom?

To your last question,YES. He was on GEJ's private property. He's also a private citizens now, to some extent. Remember that GEJ was not yet home at that time.

On your question about journalism ethics/codes, it is an unwritten code. You have the right to respect the right of others. Or as usually said, don't infringe on the right of others. Its totally unethical to get to a place and begin to take pictures anyhow without permission. Being a journalist does not turn you to a bully. ACTUALLY, IT IS COMMON SENSE to ask, though that may not be common to all.

I am the person who usually grant such permission in my place of work, otherwise such a one would be thrown out.

All I have said is about the attitude of the reporter and have nothing to do with GEJ or party or politics.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by PopeUDENSI: 11:46am On May 30, 2015
hardywaltz:
I Tot some silly Taniods claimed that there was freedom of speech during GEJ tenure.

jonathan's guard, not Jonathan and am quite sure the maltreatment was not meted out to him under the instruction and/or supervision of Jonathan. Pls lets allow the man have his rest.
Re: Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist by scantee(m): 11:56am On May 30, 2015
You mean the so called journalist is still alive to write this trash? I am disappointe in the security guyz on ground there, why not send the paid propagandaist to early grave.... (useless punch) aka lies headquarter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: IPOB Declares Sit-At-Home On Election Day / 2023: Shettima Hints At Buhari Endorsing Tinubu As Presidential Candidate / Police Officers Spotted Sharing Pure Water To Hunger Protesters In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.