Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,044 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce (45381 Views)

What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? / What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? / 10 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Lero15(m): 10:46pm On May 30, 2015
khela:
U see any igbo family there?
#yorubafams, more like a tradition to em...#justsaying.

Please grow up sir. Most cases here are situated in S/West. Divorce cases happen everywhere.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by professore(m): 10:46pm On May 30, 2015
The absence of love causes all these things

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by knightsTempler: 10:49pm On May 30, 2015
Lmfao!!!

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Charleschidera(m): 10:50pm On May 30, 2015
Lero15:

Here we go again.... Shey CHANGE never reach your corner
Change ke? Change don baff
But am sayin d truth nah
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 30, 2015
CraZzzy. Though not nigerian, I know of a case of a wife that filed for divorce for d reason that her husband always presses d toothpaste tube from the miDdle instead of d bottom as she has always correcvted
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Teespice(f): 10:52pm On May 30, 2015
rotflmao.
those reasons are so damn funny.
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by GodblessNig247(m): 10:53pm On May 30, 2015
adorablevic:
Ehn....what's then the purpose of courtship ,if marriages still fail due to mere issues like this...
Just thinking too. All these should have been trashed out during courtship.

2 Likes

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Charleschidera(m): 10:54pm On May 30, 2015
professore:
The absence of love causes all these things

Even if there is love,
when you discover that he or she is lieing....... O boy! Do the needful
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by luckypeace1980: 10:54pm On May 30, 2015
[quote author=luckypeace1980 post=34263596][/quote] if you need a beter wife or husband just rush and go to igboland and marry .this is the only tribe that respect marriage and value it . the only tribe that have security for marriage. you can see it that all the divorcees here are mostly yorubas and others from their names. May God bless ndi igbo .

2 Likes

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Rolandken(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2015
Hahahah. O wa ga oo. Orisirisi
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Charleschidera(m): 10:57pm On May 30, 2015
qbd2:
CraZzzy. Though not nigerian, I know of a case of a wife that filed for divorce for d reason that her husband always presses d toothpaste tube from the miDdle instead of d bottom as she has always correcvted

lolz......

Here is another stupid reason...
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Strongbest(m): 10:57pm On May 30, 2015
Please, I don't mean to derail this topic but I seriously an urgent explanation on what antispam bot is.

I will be very grateful if someone could tell me who/what antispam is and why he/it bans someone from a particular section. Sad face.

Long live Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by prettyJoy22(f): 10:58pm On May 30, 2015
LMAO cheesy cheesy the last reason got me rolling on the floor with laughter. But on a more serious note when you are frustrated in a relationship,anything can be used as an alibi to regain your freedom

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Charleschidera(m): 11:00pm On May 30, 2015
luckypeace1980:
if you need a beter wife or husband just rush and go to igboland and marry .this is the only tribe that respect marriage and value it . the only tribe that have security for marriage. you can see it that all the divorcees here are mostly yorubas and others from their names. May God bless ndi igbo .

Can you just tell them again
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by 4everGrand(m): 11:02pm On May 30, 2015
lilcashking:
Finally, the 4th President of the 4th Republic was declared President on the 4th Month of the year after contesting for the 4th time and sworn-in on the 4th Friday of the month, for a 4 year term.

Ho k
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Oluwatosin555(m): 11:03pm On May 30, 2015
What you see can change

So it was what they saw that they married not the personality
And when there where changes in what they saw, they were say I can't cope, I can't bear

Therefore they divorced also based on what changed

May your marriage not hit the rock!!!!!!
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by lordimmaogidi(m): 11:05pm On May 30, 2015
So so so funny, I can't stop laughing
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by dammytosh: 11:08pm On May 30, 2015
khela:
U see any igbo family there?
#yorubafams, more like a tradition to em...#justsaying.

You are a f00l a tribalistic Eeediot at that.

What name were u expecting at Ikeja Magistrate court.

Oponu

Please think before you hit reply button next time.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by lawallawal86(m): 11:14pm On May 30, 2015
Wounder shall never end on this earth, men and women of naw a days no more endurance, perciviarance again. In marrige, I prayed I should marry my own wife ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by chronique(m): 11:16pm On May 30, 2015
Lol. Never knew we had such mentally unstable folks in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Infomizer(m): 11:18pm On May 30, 2015
Them agbalumo (cherry) boobies nearly gave me six-packs cos of laughter! Chai!!! I died!!!

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 30, 2015
Chanchit:
Here’s a compilation of some of the funniest reasons given by couples who went to divorce court for dissolutin of marriage.

ADELANI MAKINDE, a 32 year old businessman filed for divorce just hours after his expensive wedding. ADELANI discovered that his bride, KEMI had been wearing what is known as a butt pad to augment the size of her rear.

ADELANI told an Ikeja high court that his wife’s yansh is as flat as an ironing board. “I discovered that on our wedding night. I prefer a woman whose rear is big.”

OLUWAKELE OGUNDELE divorced her husband because he often defecated in their cooking pots after getting drunk. She told Agege Customary Court (Lagos) that her husband, OLUWAFEMI gets drunk every weekend. According to her, she can no longer cope again with the 10 year marriage.

55 year old EMMANUEL ASALA told Ikare Akoko Customary Court (Ondo) to dissolve his marriage to BUSAYO because she did not bring kitchen utensils from her father’s house. “How will a woman get married without a grinding stone, tablespoons, mortar, pestle, deep freezer and even serving plates?

“She did not bring any of these to my house. I don’t think I can continue with the marriage.” These were the words Emmanuel uttered in court. He even prayed the court should order Busayo to return all the things he listed because he bought them with his money.

ADETIRE ADEBOLA, a 40 year old carpenter told an Ikeja high court (Lagos) to dissolve his marriage of five years because his in-law often intervened when he is beating his wife.

“She is a stubborn woman. They don’t want me to teach her a lesson. I don’t like it when her people stop me from beating her. It is either they take their daughter or allow me put sense into her head”, was what ADEBOLA told the court during the proceeding.

SOJI IBRAHIM, a 35 year old trader ended his marriage of two months to RASHIDAT because she has small boobs.” It was her boobs that attracted her to me. I met her when she came to buy pepper from me. I couldn’t take my eyes off her big boobs.”

Ibrahim was shocked to discover his wife had been using artificial boobs after getting married to her. “Her boobs are small as Agbalumo (cherry)”, he said. “I detest those small size boobs. It is better to end the marriage.”

EJEMBI TONY and RACHAEL ended their five year marriage because of shoe odour. RACHAEL filed for divorce at an Igando Grade II court (Lagos) because her husband’s shoes smell a lot. After enduring and seeking solution to the problem, Rachael opted out of the union that produced three kids.

ADERIBIGBE ALLEN and SANDRA‘s marriage of one year hit the rocks after Allen filed for divorce in Oluyole Customary Court (Oyo) because he was tired of sharing house chores. “We agreed on how to do the house chores but I am tired of washing unending plates piled up in the kitchen.

“I regret marrying her and agreeing to share house chores. She is just too lazy.

EMMANUEL OBAFEMI and BIDEMI did not come to terms and their marriage eventually hit the rocks. According to Emmanuel, his wife is fond of flatulence at any point in time, and it smells horribly. He told an Igando customary court to dissolve their marriage because he can no longer cope with the habit.

MERIT ADAMS, a 29 year old entrepreneur decided to end her marriage after stumbling on her husband, Alex’s facebook page. According to her, Alex wrote that he is single on his facebook page. So, she wants to grant him his wish.

TOYIN ADISA, a 32 year old man was divorced on the grounds that he wouldn’t watch football match again. His wife, ADIJAT said she has been given black eye twice because her husband’s team lost in a football match.

She prayed the Agege (Lagos) court to dissolve the marriage because of this habit.

ADEBISI JADESIMI divorced her husband of two years because he is fond of wearing female undergarment, especially pants. “It is unbelievable that we share pants. He wouldn’t wear boxers even if you threaten to kill him, he prefers female pants.

“How would a man be wearing woman’s pants”, she narrated her ordeal to Alakuko Customary Court (Lagos).

http://www.sugardaily.ng/hilarious-compilation-of-the-funniest-weirdest-reasons-nigerian-couples-divorce/
y all of them be yorub?
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:27pm On May 30, 2015
I m laffing so hard
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Chinaimporter: 11:39pm On May 30, 2015
Chanchit:
Here’s a compilation of some of the funniest reasons given by couples who went to divorce court for dissolutin of marriage.

ADELANI MAKINDE, a 32 year old businessman filed for divorce just hours after his expensive wedding. ADELANI discovered that his bride, KEMI had been wearing what is known as a butt pad to augment the size of her rear.

ADELANI told an Ikeja high court that his wife’s yansh is as flat as an ironing board. “I discovered that on our wedding night. I prefer a woman whose rear is big.”

OLUWAKELE OGUNDELE divorced her husband because he often defecated in their cooking pots after getting drunk. She told Agege Customary Court (Lagos) that her husband, OLUWAFEMI gets drunk every weekend. According to her, she can no longer cope again with the 10 year marriage.

55 year old EMMANUEL ASALA told Ikare Akoko Customary Court (Ondo) to dissolve his marriage to BUSAYO because she did not bring kitchen utensils from her father’s house. “How will a woman get married without a grinding stone, tablespoons, mortar, pestle, deep freezer and even serving plates?

“She did not bring any of these to my house. I don’t think I can continue with the marriage.” These were the words Emmanuel uttered in court. He even prayed the court should order Busayo to return all the things he listed because he bought them with his money.

ADETIRE ADEBOLA, a 40 year old carpenter told an Ikeja high court (Lagos) to dissolve his marriage of five years because his in-law often intervened when he is beating his wife.

“She is a stubborn woman. They don’t want me to teach her a lesson. I don’t like it when her people stop me from beating her. It is either they take their daughter or allow me put sense into her head”, was what ADEBOLA told the court during the proceeding.

SOJI IBRAHIM, a 35 year old trader ended his marriage of two months to RASHIDAT because she has small boobs.” It was her boobs that attracted her to me. I met her when she came to buy pepper from me. I couldn’t take my eyes off her big boobs.”

Ibrahim was shocked to discover his wife had been using artificial boobs after getting married to her. “Her boobs are small as Agbalumo (cherry)”, he said. “I detest those small size boobs. It is better to end the marriage.”

EJEMBI TONY and RACHAEL ended their five year marriage because of shoe odour. RACHAEL filed for divorce at an Igando Grade II court (Lagos) because her husband’s shoes smell a lot. After enduring and seeking solution to the problem, Rachael opted out of the union that produced three kids.

ADERIBIGBE ALLEN and SANDRA‘s marriage of one year hit the rocks after Allen filed for divorce in Oluyole Customary Court (Oyo) because he was tired of sharing house chores. “We agreed on how to do the house chores but I am tired of washing unending plates piled up in the kitchen.

“I regret marrying her and agreeing to share house chores. She is just too lazy.

EMMANUEL OBAFEMI and BIDEMI did not come to terms and their marriage eventually hit the rocks. According to Emmanuel, his wife is fond of flatulence at any point in time, and it smells horribly. He told an Igando customary court to dissolve their marriage because he can no longer cope with the habit.

MERIT ADAMS, a 29 year old entrepreneur decided to end her marriage after stumbling on her husband, Alex’s facebook page. According to her, Alex wrote that he is single on his facebook page. So, she wants to grant him his wish.

TOYIN ADISA, a 32 year old man was divorced on the grounds that he wouldn’t watch football match again. His wife, ADIJAT said she has been given black eye twice because her husband’s team lost in a football match.

She prayed the Agege (Lagos) court to dissolve the marriage because of this habit.

ADEBISI JADESIMI divorced her husband of two years because he is fond of wearing female undergarment, especially pants. “It is unbelievable that we share pants. He wouldn’t wear boxers even if you threaten to kill him, he prefers female pants.

“How would a man be wearing woman’s pants”, she narrated her ordeal to Alakuko Customary Court (Lagos).

http://www.sugardaily.ng/hilarious-compilation-of-the-funniest-weirdest-reasons-nigerian-couples-divorce/

All na yoruba people

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by oshe11: 11:49pm On May 30, 2015
lilcashking:
Finally, the 4th President of the 4th Republic was declared President on the 4th Month of the year after contesting for the 4th time and sworn-in on the 4th Friday of the month, for a 4 year term.
'interesting' Neva knew May is d '4th' month of d year doe......

2 Likes

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Lero15(m): 11:50pm On May 30, 2015
Charleschidera:

Change ke? Change don baff

But am sayin d truth nah

The cases here are in South West.
Every tribe do divorce for whatever reasons, so stop being naive and tribalistic.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Lero15(m): 11:57pm On May 30, 2015
I find it really childlike when some nairalanders use every post to make tribal comments.

These cases were in South West. So, it is expected they are mostly Yorubas.

When will we ever grow up for God's sake undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by ovie8200: 11:59pm On May 30, 2015
Laff wanna kill me. So funny. Wish i can read more. But Yuroba have small slite reasons to divorce though. Silly period.
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by donphilopus: 11:59pm On May 30, 2015
lilcashking:

You're wrong. It's not 4th Friday, it's actually 5th. Now see for yourself!!

•1st Friday - 1st May
•2nd Friday - 8th May
•3rd Friday - 15th May
•4th Friday - 22nd May
•5th Friday - 29th May

Have you seen it?!

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by tellwisdom: 12:03am On May 31, 2015
[s]
lilcashking:
Finally, the 4th President of the 4th Republic was declared President on the 4th Month of the yearafter contesting for the 4th time and sworn-in on the 4th Friday of the month, for a 4 year term.

[/s]

Lies undecided
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by dwayni: 12:24am On May 31, 2015
Does this mean Yoruba folks are as dumb as I heard they are? Just curious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibrahim Kasimu Oboshi: ‘How I Married 2 Women Same Day’ / My Girl Is Stressing Me. What Should I Do Please? (photo) / Perfect Wife's Guide - How To Welcome Your Husband Home From Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.