Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha (28278 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Sgf: Okorocha Submits 3 Names To Buhari / Buhari's Ministerial List: Tinubu "Punishes" SE, Pencils 'ogbeh' For SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by Slingkey(m): 10:26am On May 30, 2015
Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, has denied having any faceoff with a former Governor of Abia State and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, over the choice of who becomes the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

Okorocha cleared the air while addressing journalists at the Government House Owerri on Friday, adding that he has good relationship with Onu and that Onu’s name was among the three he submitted to President Muhammadu Buhari for consideration for the office of the SGF.

He said: “When Ndigbo lost the chance to produce the Senate President or the Speaker of the House of Representatives, which was initially zoned to the South-East, we then brought the idea of the SGF, I nominated Onu, Senator Chris Ngige and Prof. Anthony Anwuka (Secretary to Imo State Government). But this was before Buhari said he was not going to take any list from any governor.”

He declared that his second term in office will see him carry out comprehensive review of his administration’s policies to enable it serve people of the state better.

He, however, warned that the review may not go down well with the people.

“I may have to carry out certain decisions that the people may not like but I have to do it because of passion for good service to the people,” he said.

The governor asserted that it was not in the best interest of the people that major roads and streets in the state were covered by offensive refuse dumps, illegal motor parks, and street traders.

To this end, he insisted that his administration would inevitably step on some toes in order to restore the state to her premier position as the cleanest state in the federation through the relocating of road side mechanics, street traders and car dealers to conducive places of operation.

Okorocha posited that although he had won the affection of the people, he would not mind adopting any policy that would be tailored towards uplifting the well being of the people.

He, however, noted that his administration would in this second term emphasize more on building of industries and creation of job opportunities for the teeming unemployed youths.

While debunking speculation in some quarters that he would soon abolish his “Free Education Programmme,” he stressed that the gesture was sacrosanct and not negotiable.

The returned governor noted that the introduction of the Free Education Programme had tremendously assisted to reduce insecurity in the state assuring that “Free Education will continue and I will embark on policy education and also ensure that state’s parastatals are either effective and perform optimally or do not exist”.

Disclosing that over 50 Turkish investors would soon arrive the state to establish factories and agricultural institutions, he said that the state government on its part would create an enabling environment for investors to come into the state believing that “you must have to daggle a carrot for investors to come.”

At his inauguration for a second term at the Dan Anyiam Satadium, Owerri, Okorocha promised the people of the state to expect a vibrant government that would be committed to service, stressing that he kept his campaign promises to the people in the last four years.

He said: “Four years ago, I gave you my word. I told you that my word was my bond. I gave my people my word when I assured them that I would keep the citizens safe and secure within the four walls of our peace-loving state.

“In two years of the Rescue Mission, kidnapping, baby factory, armed robbery, including bank robbery and other violent crimes became a thing of the past. Those crimes have been eradicated from our great land”.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/30/i-submitted-onus-name-for-sgf-okorocha/

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:26am On May 30, 2015
Why is this guy loudmouthed

For making this outburst...Onu and Ngige will not be chosen as SGF.

We need technocrats.

Governors have no right to choose for Mr President.

If you like Onu and Ngige that much, appoint them into Imo state cabinet

Period

20 Likes

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by radgenez: 10:33am On May 30, 2015
I think rochas made a big mistake. Onu is one of the worst governors in the history of the SE. Plus he doesn't have any politcal weight in this country ngige or someone else from the south would hve been better for this position.
Besides the SE don't want any political representation in this administration

10 Likes

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:37am On May 30, 2015
These men are on their own, they don't represent an average Igbo man.

Thunder scatter them.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:42am On May 30, 2015
Okorocha is still using his 419 skills in politics! Who is Okorocha to nominate Chief Ogbonnaya Onu for Buhari?

Buhari and Onu have been running things together as far back as 80's when this 419 governor alias Okorocha was learning 419 trade in Abidjan.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by peleson: 10:46am On May 30, 2015
The two posters above me (seo and radgenez) are insane! U'r argument shows that saraki an akume should not be favoured as Senate president abi.
In the history of abia state, onu remains the best governor. In the history of Nigeria,onu during his time won the best governor in the whole entire nigeria. Onu during his time was the Chairman of governors forum. Onu during his time,was the most exposed and reverend governor. Onu during his time, no collegue of his as governor has a better qualification. Onu was a star. Not a noise maker, onu is a builder! A silent mover with lots of blueprint. Onu is a solution carrier! A first class brain from a first class school. Onu is better than the people u call the best today! Onu cannot be questioned nor classed amongst ur heroes! Onu is way better

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by nzeobi(m): 11:07am On May 30, 2015
Their governor their governor have started another propaganda again to make him appear close to buhari.
But oga rochas let me remind of one of your promises that you did not keep and that's the fact that you promised to do only one tenure openly in assumpta cathedral owerri.
Plz why did you renege.

8 Likes

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by Nobody: 11:22am On May 30, 2015
The Daddy of scam has started again with his Bonjour in the afternoon

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by fkaz(m): 11:39am On May 30, 2015
soe:

For making this outburst...Onu will not be chosen as SGF.

If you like Onu that much, appoint him as your SSG.

Period

Try to read and comprehend before you post trash.

9 Likes

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by Nobody: 11:53am On May 30, 2015
fkaz:

Try to read and comprehend before you post trash.

Are you talking to me like that? you are so rude
Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by IGBOPRINCE: 11:56am On May 30, 2015
soe:

For making this outburst...Onu will not be chosen as SGF.

If you like Onu that much, appoint him as your SSG.

Period
pls read it again so that you can understand better before typing public trash here again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 30, 2015
Rochas onye ashiii!

6 Likes

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by nonxo007(m): 12:41pm On May 30, 2015
Ok
Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by Profkomolafe(m): 12:41pm On May 30, 2015
abeg shay the part two don cum out?
Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by QuotaSystem: 12:42pm On May 30, 2015
Thankfully change is here and the nomination rubbish which breeds Godfatherism is gone under PMB. Regardless your loyalty will elevate you to greater heights Rochas, the pride of the East.
Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 30, 2015
you piece of shit.. u neva start
Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by samsoft00: 12:44pm On May 30, 2015
Please who's is this woman? speaking in tongue at the Inaugural thanksgiving service? Please leave the podium ibeg!

1 Like

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by saintgp(m): 12:44pm On May 30, 2015
its like d igbos are becoming fond of being sgf,seems dey derive pleasure in sticking to sgf.

1 Like

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 12:49pm On May 30, 2015
This born criminal, lying again

2 Likes

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by funkybully(f): 12:51pm On May 30, 2015
Rogue chas Ojorocha d 419 scammer shut up ur kunu mouth. 1mbecile

2 Likes

Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by passionate88: 12:52pm On May 30, 2015
Hmmm
Re: I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha by Emereolevanwill(m): 12:53pm On May 30, 2015
Okkk. We don hear.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#BayelsaDecides; Jonathan Arrives Poling Unit For Accreditation (Photo) / Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries / South East Governors, Nwodo, Ekweremadu, Others In Closed-Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.