Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? (7603 Views)

My Experience With Facebook Fake Aliko Dangote -photos / Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks / What Is The Maximum Daily Deposit In Nigerian Banks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 17, 2009
There is no need to hide names. NAME THE BANKS.

This is my question/complaint. Does bank PHB actually have online banking?
I came into the country and physically opened an account with them. I filled out the online banking form 3 times on three different occasions. This took about one month.
It's been almost 5 months now. How on earth am i supposed to monitor my account if i'm not around and have no access to online banking. THe account officer keeps asking why i haven't been running the account via my dorm account. How can i fund an account if i don't know whats going on with the account?
Please does anyone one actually log onto bank phb's online service.
It only takes 1 second to log on in the states. You don't have to visit the bank sef. You can set up online access from your home so i don't understand why its taking 5 months.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 17, 2009
Maybe you replied all these scam mails asking for your pin no and account no. They are fradulent messages from scammers, once yu send them you have given someone access to your account.
By now i expected Interswitch to post a message denying the authurization of any such message and warn people of possible fraud.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by zesty: 10:17am On Feb 17, 2009
@server34

deres this one i like best(there seems 2 be to many human errors with bankers)

Intercontinental bank Olu Obasanjo 2.Port harcourt

I definately will nt mention banker's name.My ex-boss wanted online access to his acc.he practically had 2 remind d lady incharge for over 6mths to generate his log in details for him so he can start bankin online to make transfers.she kept sayin "i have sent a mail 2 lagos .we will have 2 wait for them"(lagos don turn in2 gaza??).
That was her reply for over 6mths.then one day after callin her boss ,she finally sent his log in details to his mailbox and wat did we see,she sent 12 other account holders log in details and transaction passwords!!!!
Wen we opened the 1st person acc usin d details sent,d person had abt a million plus in his acc.we culd have moved as much money as we wanted.wat more can yahoo boys dream off?
quickly my boss drafted a letter absolvin himself of any blame and hand delivered it 2 her branch and the head office. cos if 2 say money lost,d bank wuld have said he connived wit d lady dat mistakenly sent him d transaction log in details and passwords for 12 acc holders of the bank.na dere story for end

really i tink d bankers are so over worked that d bcome so clumsy wit sensitive details and later blame it on fraudsters.yes fraudsters are abound everywere but the bankers themselves divulge details witout knowin it.

over and out,
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Tonyet1(m): 10:37am On Feb 17, 2009
javabeasns:

Beware of Oceanic, Zenith, [size=14pt]UBA[/size] and Intercontinental in particular. They love the terms "hidden charges" and "variable rates"

brother i think you are the 1001 person telling me abt the fraudelent practices in this bank especially UBA

i dont know whats with this bank that almost everyone complain abt them
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Tonyet1(m): 10:45am On Feb 17, 2009
server34:

U are very wrong for using the term KNOWINGLY. Guess where some of the money that is put into d ATM comes from? From the customers.

U know what happens wen d ATM has so many hits, and is fast running out of cash (mint and clean notes from the CBN)? And at the same time, there is a lot of cash in d bank coming from traders and businessmen?
I'll tell u wat we do. We carefully sort out the neat notes from the cash deposits we receive from our customers to use for the ATM. It saves u d stress of waiting for the cash movers (bullion vans) and losing ur ATM customers. It also helps u reduce the amount of cash present in d bank for security reasons.

Guess How d sorting is done? There are no special machines yet for that, and it is done by hand. So all of the fake money came from the customers and not from the bank. And guess who bears the blame and pays for the fake money that a customer returns from the ATM? The same bank staff dat was responsible for sorting the money. And u know he is only human and possibly could miss spotting out 1 fake note from over 500,000 notes.

So again, u cant put the entire blame on the bank. And if any customer complains about a fake note, it is immediately replaced, the bank bearing the cost again.

And pls, to all of u that are using harsh words on me, take it easy oh. No be my papa get bank. I only worked there for about a year and some months, and moved on. I'm only here to share d wealth of experience I gathered for the benefit of banks' reputation. If u mention server34 in ur post again, Ma sepe fun eh oh.  smiley

@server34

brother i will not agree with what you are trying to oppose Outstrip for, is it not the responsibility of the banks or bankers to sort out bad notes from the good ones, or what do they do there, if not to give costumers good service

the issue of exhaustive monvey from the atm is an overstatement, becos if i should judge by what u said, it means it is this same bankers that put the money into the atm, or arent they?, if yes, so who is to be blamed
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Hadone(m): 10:48am On Feb 17, 2009
My worse experience ever was in May last year. I went to a famous bank to cash some money but met the place crowded. I then decided to move straight ahead to the ATM machine situated within the bank premises. I withdrew N10,000:00 shocked but i was shocked to discover that the money contains a mixture of genuine and fake currency. I immediately lodge a complain to the customer care of the bank, after tracing my transaction, the bank substituted the fake note with the original one smiley.[i][/i]
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by clemcykul(f): 12:08pm On Feb 17, 2009
ATM has alot of advantages yeah for real but the little disadvantages it has have a drastic effect that out weighs the advantages. for instance u accidentally misplace our card, or someone gets hold of the vital informations about ur account through ur card and wipes off ur account and leaves a paltry some for what are you gonna do?
hit your head on the hall or suicide?? grin grin i bet the latter will be preferable grin grin grin

Any way guys use your deposit or withdrawal slip in order for you to effectively monitor your account, so that your banks wont rip you off and garnish their employees wid your hard earned dough grin

check out the bankers wid their fat buttocks inside suit and tie cheesy riding posh cars widout investment! grin grin grin
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by server34(m): 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2009
zesty:

really i tink d bankers are so over worked that d bcome so clumsy wit sensitive details and later blame it on fraudsters.yes fraudsters are abound everywere but the bankers themselves divulge details witout knowin it.

Very true in a lot of cases. We hardly ever get to find the smart ones to do the jobs.

clemcykul:

check out the bankers wid their fat buttocks inside suit and tie cheesy riding posh cars widout investment! grin grin grin

Ha ha! ur taking it personal. Banker collect ur babe ni?
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by slimslim: 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2009
Some banks will not allow you to withdraw certain amount except you use your ATM card In as much as I am not saying this is wrong but they should also make use of sms alert that inform the customer immediately of any transaction done through ATM . In this way, one can quickly know when his atm card / pin have been stolen.

@ poster - What about the camera that they claim record all ATM transaction? Can't they use it to trace the particular transaction? or is it that it is not installed?

I have seen colleagues that make stole and use his fellow ATM card and was caught when the hidden camera was displayed.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by otokx(m): 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2009
I went to UBA Uniport Main Branch to withdraw cash via ATM and it appears their network was down but the machine seized my card. Advised by the security man to complain at the helpdesk which was inside so i joined a long queue to enter the hall. While on the long queue the ATM machine vomited my card so i left the queue and picked it up. I really needed the cash for my mechanic to carry out repairs so i went to the same machine and this time it swallowed it again. Had to join the queue again to enter the hall and when i got in they said i should come back by 4pm when they close do that they open the machine and check. I had to find money from other sources to tidy the mechanic. On getting back by 4pm the young man told me to wait while he was chatting along with 2 useless gals. You can imagine a student environment with so many types of girls. These guys were just wasting their official time chatting with people that have no agenda for the day. After waiting for like 30 minutes the guy gets my card and give to me. I now go back to the ATM and put my card inside and print my statement to be sure nothing funny has happened then lo and behold after the print comes out the card refuses to come out. I have to get in again to the banking hall and the guy is like i should wait outside he is coming. I go back to my office since its a Friday.

On Monday am back in the hall and the guy checks and refers me to another customer care official who says i should come back by 4pm. On coming back by 4pm, the lady says tomorrow. Tuesday am back and the lady goes through all the many ATM cards the machine swallowed and its not there. By Wednesday i have finally decided to withdraw all my money from that bank as a rumor was flying that the bank is collapsing. The people are still looking as it were for my ATM card. On talking to a 3rd person about the ATM he advised me to fill a form applying for a new ATM that the bank is changing technology and the ATMs will now be personalized with a chip and utilizing the vpay bla bla bla. That the old one is bla bla bla. That it will take is it 5 weeks to get the card bla bla bla, from lagos bla bla bla. No need i have since emptied that account leaving only 3k in it.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by coolgenius: 10:58pm On Feb 17, 2009
tried to get money sent to me via Western Union and the bank lied and said I didn't have the right info.
I immediately went to another bank and got my money with the same info. I think the first bank was trying to steal my money!!!
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by ajiriavae(f): 11:13pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ server34, my dear you are part of the corrupt system, and you are obviously an inteligent fellow so the damage control you are doing is only expected. i have good friends who work in banks and i know about the level of corruption that even 'civilians' can't even begin to imagine.
why do i pay legal fees to a company that has a legal department that they pay salaries to at the every month. what do they have the job for. to gist in the office? why should i pay any more than N500 to confirm my signature. does it involve anything more than going through files or the computer system to see what the customer's signature is and then writing a letter which is signed by a bank officcial. why would any bank (Diamond) charge ten thousand for that.
we need to talk more about stuff like this so we know the banks to avoid and the ones with the best deals.
i was going to open a current account with BankPHB but the customer service guy in their Akoka branch was so rude (because i look young and was in jeans and a t-shirt, he thought i was a Unilag student) that i walked out and took my business elsewhere.
why will a bank still charge you if their staff was the reason your cheque bounced. is that not enough reason to return the money you were charged? if it was America, that move would affect your credit score. you should be compensated for that mistake, not charged.
my dear, as far as y'all are concerned, you hold all the cards and your customers can't do sh*t about it so now we need to bring it out in the open and blacklist any bank that is taking advantage of its customers.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by niyyie(m): 5:33am On Feb 18, 2009
This would be about the 5th thread I am reading on Nairaland, about Nigerian banks and one bank that always comes up as the worst bank on those threads is UBA. Nice. I'd stay away from them. My closest stint with UBA was when I tried to open an account in Nigeria in 2007. They turned me banck saying my passport was less than 60 days old. Ridiculous. I went to another bank same day and opened an account. I have been with that bank till date and have no major complaint.
Ironically, I use UBA in Ghana and have no serious complaint.
Take it easy on server34. I assume he is only trying to help.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by compressor(m): 5:53am On Feb 18, 2009
I applied for ATM card from UBA in November 2007 and was able to get it December 2008 after one year.Also ,i did apply for internet banking in February 2008 from the same UBA Bode Thomas branch in lagos and got the internet account August 2008 but believe me that that account has not worked even after several complaints to the socalled Africa Global Bank. This Banks are attimes a real pain in the neck
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by JerryAdams: 9:05am On Feb 18, 2009
It's a shame that avoidable and disgraceful irregularities still is a part and parcel of 'The Giant of Africa'- Nigeria's banking sector. During my 3weeks visit to Nigeria in January '09, I had money wired to Oceanic bank in Lagos, the bank official after all the ceremony handed me my money in batches/wraps of #1000 Naira bills as it went through the couting machine, I was actually set to cellect the money and leave because I had an appointment to meet up with couple with the fact that the heat in the bank was becoming unbearable but something inside of me made me start counting manually myself as I was handed the cash, alas what did I find #100 Naira bills inbetween the #1000 Naira notes!
Having read through the comments above on this thread it beats my imagination hollow that people like 'Sever34' could come out here with such a pathetic excuse that cannot be given to pre-school kids to defend the shameless act committed by banks. The reason why Nigeria is in such an awful state is because it is a nation of self denial. That the Nigeria banking sector has advanced in it's services such as the introduction of Internet/telephone banking as it's done in modern day society no doubt is a welcome development but like other countries it must step up in areas of accountability, security, transparency, consistencies n efficiency if it want to be reconed and allowed to sit with the venerable elite!
However people must be very careful while using the ATM, when you insert your bank card before keying in your PIN cover your hands (preferably place a paper/mag or your other hand over the hand you'll be using to key in your PIN) as not to reveal your PIN should incase there is a device on top of the ATM (which usually record/transmit your details) you're using. This type of crime which was mainly carried out by Russian/Eastern Europeans was attempted in the UK, US and other western countries. These hooligans had device that clone/read bank cards and another device that record/transmit PIN. Even though some people fall victims to this crimes, once a customer notify the bank the stolen money is refunded imidiately to the customer's a/c (no waiting for any investigations), the stolen money becomes a criminal matter which is handled by the police. Every bank is insured against all uncertainties including theft!
When bank employs the services of it's employees, they (employee) inturn act on behalf of the banks, if for whatever reason an official makes any error lets say forgets/fails to process a lodged cheque the blame would/should be on the bank (as it's the practice in the developed world) and not that of a singular staff member. There is no excuse for dispensing of counterfeit notes on any ATM, how on earth did these fake currency get there in the first place? If an inocent person who cannot/does not spot the fake goes on to attempt to use the money in some shop/market place, do you know the severity of what might happen if the seller raise an alarm? Would the bank come to their aid when a mob set in to deliver jungle justice?
Paying ridiculously outrageous charges (such as solicitor's fees or whatever you call it for carrying out checks on whatever kind of a/c) is criminal especially when already there is a legal dept in the bank, and waiting for eternity for bank cards, PIN or internet PIN while defrauding hard working and struggling working class all in the name of 'bank hidden charges' is an absolute disgrace. Less excuse and more effort for there is no substitute for hard work!
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by server34(m): 9:56am On Feb 18, 2009
ajiri avae:

@ server34, my dear you are part of the corrupt system
Aren't we all part of a corrupt system inherently as Nigerians? Mind you, I only worked in a bank for less than 16 months, am glad I did. Glad for all the experience gathered, and glad for awareness in a sector that commands the highest figures in Nigerian employment rates.

niyyie:

Take it easy on server34. I assume he is only trying to help.
Thank you! Its sad how people always miss the point confidently.

I refuse to comment on every post on this thread since my purpose on this thread is not to outrightly defend the Nigerian Banks. However, I am here to provide possible explanations to some complaints and provide suggestions to prevent reoccurence. Thanks for ur understanding  kiss

ajiri avae:

why do i pay legal fees to a company that has a legal department that they pay salaries to at the every month. what do they have the job for. to gist in the office?

The legal department I know of is located in the Head Office (not in the branches) and its responsibilities are not like you think. They are more involved in the bank's relationship with the government, other corporate companies, and international organisations. They are usually made up of a few staff. As for customer accounts, the branches usually pay a lawyer to do the search. Where I worked, the charges were N2,500 - that shouldnt be up to 0.01% of ur capital expenses in setting up your business.

ajiri avae:

my dear, as far as y'all are concerned, you hold all the cards and your customers can't do sh*t about it so now we need to bring it out in the open and blacklist any bank that is taking advantage of its customers.
My dear, sounds like ur taking this personally on server34. The guy no send u oh!

Keep it coming folks. My point is - Don't hate on the banks. Their charges are high, true. They are there to make profit, and pay comfortable salaries to the many Nigerians they employ. I advice u to find out about the rates, and choose the least rates; U have 25 banks to choose from.

As for the errors of fake notes and wrong denominations on the ATM - Its only a mistake. Electronic banking is new to the industry, and they are learning from their mistakes.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by seunallday: 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2009
what r u peeps talkin about, beat this, as im typing this post, im waiting for the "one customer bank" to confirm my cheque, no im not on a laptop, im at work, had to leave so i would not throw a tantrum, i waited one hour in the banking hall, then i was told to hold on that they will call me, i left angry, went back after one hour, , making two hours now, they told me they had not confirmed me, that i shopuld just sit down and wait "small", na three hours wait be small.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Tonyet1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 18, 2009
@ poster - What about the camera that they claim record all ATM transaction? Can't they use it to trace the particular transaction? or is it that it is not installed?

my brother i was surprised that they did not have o, as far as i know its only ZENITH bank i have seen that camera stuff on
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by carolalex1(f): 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2009
My people, nigerian banks are rogues. GTB charges N500 if u withdraw over the counter.

I use ETB, thier ATM is awful, it takes 6months to get a card and 2yrs to get the pin, as I am still awaiting my pin after 2 year. I opened a corporate account with fidelity bank, LBS Branch then, and they claim after the legal search my papers were fake and they withdraw 30,000  from my account to open a business enterprise for me with thier on lawyer. By the way this cost me just 5,000.  The lady one Esosa, had the effrontery to even insult me. Well  I took it up to higher authorites and my money was returned and a second legal check was done. This time it wasn't fake!The lady in question actually apologise , Please don't let the banks scam you, report to higher authorities . [/b
I go to ETB monthly to get my statement and I am charged 100 naira per sheet, just to get my monthly statement that is due me. Nigerian banks are rogues!!!!
I have always wonder why people bank with UBA, I am not surprise at the complains.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2009
@carolex1 haba, take am easy, even the worst bank wont charge you that. maybe it's COT. I use GTB and they are just fine

First bank, The first and only bank where you get Bad customer service.

Imagine i stopped using my account with them cos of the way the "old people" talk to you as if they are doing you a favour.
One practically asked me if i have hearing problem cos i did not know she was referring to me on there queue (She is much older so i had to let her get away with it)

there was a time someone sent me some dough. Imagine, i had to go to my branch (lawanson/Ojuelegba road branch.)
They started a cock and bull story about how long i have operated the account and how it will take some days for it to be reactivated.

Well I got my money on that day cos i started raising my voice right there in the bank, and comparing them to other banks i use.
Omo, dem pay me ooo

Recently, I got a check from someone which needs to be cash at this archaic bank.
Hmm! i knew it all ont go well and yes, it did not.

The guy at the bank said my international passport is not very clear so told him to call the account owner as a security check.
The guy refused, i had to go looking for another bank.

Nothing will make me use that bank for banking, It is made up of sick ppl.

Another is UBA, they charge $50 as security on their mastercard. Well, i lost 150 USD to them, Now i use GTB mastercard, No $50 deduction, no minimum amount, infact you can load just $100 if that is all you want to spend.
GTB wont even charge you for transaction fee. I've done many international transfers with them and the are fast and excellent.
They also maintain good relationship with all customers regardless of how much you are transacting.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Damest09(f): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2009
--
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by fizokey(m): 11:36pm On Feb 18, 2009
@ post. of all the banks mentioned, only one truly trusted bank was singled out, GTB, (gosh am so proud of my bankers),
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Doncontra(m): 2:39am On Feb 19, 2009
The marketers suffer to bring in this accounts n the operation staff just act indifferent n chase dis customers away, What a pity,
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by otukpo(f): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2009
GTBank, They need to do sth abt their customer service officers. Some of them are so rude and they treat u as if they are doing u a favour.

always feel terrible going to their Allen Avenue branch b/c of the disposition of the customer serice officer there.
Airport rd branch, customer service not too good. Most of the GTBank staff are pompous and i hate that. But when they know u have good money in ur account, they tend to be polite. Thats not good.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by ajiriavae(f): 11:16am On Feb 19, 2009
@server34. if i came across as taking it personal, its because i'm aware that you are 'trying to explain' ie, giving excuses for an industry that used to employ you. and for men and women you used to work with.
my dear, when an establishment is dealing with people's money, there should be a high level of care taken to ensure that very silly and unneccesary mistakes are not made. if a cashier were to replace one N1000 notes with a N100 note in one hundred bundles or even ten bundles, do you know how much he has made for himself or herself? (and don't tell me that it was brought in like that because tellers who collect money will usually take the money out of the pack and examine the notes under flourecent light to ascertain their authenticity). in this day and age of digital tech how many people still manually count their money at the counter after the casheir has handed it to them.
some of these 'mistakes' are so dumb that if they are really mistakes, the supervising officer of any staff that makes them should be quarried, because he or she should have recognised he had a fool working under him.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by server34(m): 1:27pm On Feb 19, 2009
@ ajiri avae. I really dont have comments for u anymore. I just want 2 let u know that the mistake of a teller receiving N100 note in a pack of N1000, or having a fake not interpacked is not in anyway dumb. It could happen to anybody, and it happened to me a couple of times when I worked as a teller, and am so damn sure dat I'm smart as SMART could be.

Also, I guess u dont know dat a teller is made to sign on any pack of notes he releases to a customer. And if any wrong denomination is found inside, u are made to pay for it immediately. Do u know how many times I paid for mispacks and short packs? Do u know how many times I paid for fake notes out of my salary? Did I produce these fake notes myself? No. I received them from customers just like dat.

Take it easy on dem bankers ok?
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by domire(f): 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2009
server 43, thanks i really appreciate ur mail cos i alsowork in one of these banks.
and i beg to say dat all banks av website and i feel we should make all these grieviances to top management who i can tell u uthoritatively will investigate and sanction those involved( talking of the rude supervisor, and negligent teller)
on a fair note i can tell u dat some customers too are terrible. they bring fake notes, bad and terrible money thinking the bank is a dumping ground and wen u try explaining to dem they just say" bank no dey reject money" nt knwing d teller pays for it even if we take it to CBN we are charged for it. some customers are damn nasty and just believe they are giving us their money so thay can talk anyhoW.
AND MIND YOU WE HAVE A LARGE NUMBER OF FRAUDULENT CUSTOMERS

NOTE AM NT JUSTIFYING THESE FLAWS U AV MENTIONED, MY ADVICE IS DAT GET NAMES OF OFFICERS WHO U SEE ARE RUDE AND PERCEIVE AS NEGLIGENT AND REPORT TO THE APPROPIATE AUTHORITIES AND I BET if found guilty na sack

MY BOSS IS CURRENTLY ON THE PAGE AND WAITING FOR THEM TO MENTION MY BRANCH
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by nickybayo(f): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2009
worst experienece was receiving a couple of torn N500 notes from banks wwhich was rejected when i wanted to spend them
i took it back to the bank to complain and i was told their's nothing they can do about that
and when i wanted to deposit it back to them, they didnt collect
isn't that crazy?
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Tonyet1(m): 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2009
nickybayo:

worst experienece was receiving a couple of torn N500 notes from banks wwhich was rejected when i wanted to spend them
i took it back to the bank to complain and i was told their's nothing they can do about that
and when i wanted to deposit it back to them, they didnt collect
isn't that crazy?

it is kurezy! goosh men we are in a modernised manipulation period o! God see us through
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by shilees(f): 6:11pm On Feb 19, 2009
is so sad the way people push blames about, how can a bank issue fake currency,banks are supposed to destroy fake notes not transfer them back into circulation.Shame to all d banks guilty of d offence. they should endevor to use their UV light and employ capable hans not cheap labour.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by teebabie: 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2009
@ zesty

na lie u dey talk!!! who in d world told u dat bank phb charges 1k for internet banking? take am easy wit ur fabu, shocked
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Superbrain(m): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2009
Whatz all the BRUHAHA about? Let's get something straight here:-

NIGERIA HAS A LONG WAY TO GO AND THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM IS BEING OVERHAULED,

I've had teribble experiences with two of the major banks in this country and i'll call their names and rank their bullshit in order of priority:

1. UBA- The most fraudulent Bank (Both by management and staff)
Reasons: Hidden Charges, High cost of foreign transfers, Fraudulent practices on customers ATM details and worst of all, unnecessary deductions from customers accounts.

2. Bank PHB- The most expensive bank to bank with
Reasons: High charges on Foreign Exchange transfers, Hidden Charges, and dubious practices even with their products (especially UK Edu Loan)

3. The many others who charge unnecessarily on accounts and perpetrate other kinds of fraudulent acts on their supposed "esteemed" customers' account- OCEANIC, FCMB, FIRST BANK, ZENITH BANK, INTERCONTINENTAL BANK (their ATMs trap cash easily)

Those who are advocating for the Banking Industry should keep quite. The banks are just in the post-consolidation era and i remember that before consolidation, the fraudulence was unbearable. Moreover, most bank managers work hand in hand with "criminals" just so as to either hit the so called target they were given or for their own personal means. Imagine marketers of nowadays are so desperate for funds that some "yahoo" boys have formed good relationships with such bank staff.

If you want to get the best of banking services, just walk into any GTBank and you'll at least be treated with some dignity and respect. I am not a staff of the bank but for the two years i've been with them , never for once have i had a cause to complain.

Let's call a spade a spade. If you are not satisfied with the services of your bank, then opt for a better option. Don't remain stuck there and keep licking the wounds they would continously inflict on your financial life.

For those that have been affected one way or the other, i sympathize with you. If you have a good lawyer and you can get a good case against them, then go ahead and sue! Some may say it may not work, but who knows? You might as well be smiling out at the end with a lump sum OR even get the bank to settle out of court. Remember, your case must be a good one and your lawyer must be superb.

A word is enough for the wise! But don't ever think things are going to change soon. "CHANGE" itself is a process.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken / Inside The Story: Foreign Direct Investment In Nigerian States / 4000MW Gas-fired Power Plant To Be Built In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.