Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders (45633 Views)

Appointments: Buhari Has Violated Laws —senators / Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu / Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Nobody: 10:52am On May 31, 2015
Apc politicians are arse-lickers.They are after their own pockets.

1 Like

Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by UncleJudax(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2015
Flashh:
Buhari is a leader who isn't bias... He do things the way he thinks is best for the country (Nigeria).

For those rushing themselves for him to turn water into wine within few days, what (GEJ) never do for years should calm their brain down. It's step by step.
Tell me more. English!

1 Like

Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by bmos(m): 10:55am On May 31, 2015
Dollyak:
How predictable that most of the key positions are already being given to the northern brothers.
let's wait and see how it pans out. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I hope the most deserving gets the key jobs.

Nigeria is still very regionally biased, so we need a balance of power between north and south to maintain fairness. The north will never accept a government dominated by the Southerners, so it's only fair we do the same.

True talk sister

3 Likes

Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by hadura29(m): 10:56am On May 31, 2015
omenka:
it relly hurts when you see supposed educated youths speak like this. When re we ever gonna start thinking "Nigeria". Just as you, I don't freaking car a hoot if the key positions are given to expertriates from Tibet, all I wanna see is a properous country. Why is it so ddifficult for people to look t things from such. Holistic perspective??

I just hope the guys below understands that fact. I don't give a hoot about who he chooses... Jeez, it is our responsibility to vote him out after 4 years if he doesn't perform.

chuna1985:

All Nigerians care about who he chooses. we don't want a situation where 70% of appointments will be for the north n the rest will be for the remaining part of Nigeria.

AreaFada2:
Sure, the same Northerners who have controlled things for nearly 40 years without anything to show for it can continue. What difference will another 4 to 8 years make? People blamed Jonathan during his 5 plus years in power, by some of the same "owners" of Nigeria who were out to frustrate through terrorism, propaganda, allegation of killer squad, 1000 prominent people pencilled for execution ad plants to handover to the military. Ironically, he handed over to a retired general. God and Nigerians are watching. shocked
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Nobody: 10:58am On May 31, 2015
Jobneeded12:

GEJ only filled his cabinet and agency with igbo people
Where is this talk coming from
The phrase people used for GEJ is that he surrounded himself with northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by bmos(m): 11:00am On May 31, 2015
Sirniyeh:
Those who are not happy with Buhari's approach should go and hug transformer.

Wait till monday

That is a wrong thing to say mr man. If it is going to be One Nigeria, then things must be done decently & in proper order. It is too early to expwriebce disappiintment with the nascent admin

2 Likes

Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by AreaFada2: 11:01am On May 31, 2015
double0seven:
if I was Buhari, don't think I would want to appoint Amaechi as my chief of staff. The guy is loud-mouthed. He talks anyhow. A chief of staff must have a lot of decorum. Ameachi is someone that likes spoiling for a fight.

Besides, I think any President that have a just recent governor as his chief of staff may have serious problems with him. How well will he take orders, having been giving others orders just a few months ago; and you know the recent governors in Nigeria feel like little gods with all the money and influence at their disposal.

Seconded. You need a cool, calm and collected person as SGF. Amaechi is not. SGF should be somebody you can relate with easily, without an ego the size of Zuma rock. I doubt such a relationship can work between Buhari & Amaechi.

Amaechi will likely clash with some key ministers. You know that SGF is crucial in running the entire government apparatus.

FASHOLA is the man for such a job. His calmness & integrity speak for themselves. He's also a Muslim (important) because there are times that certain things can even be discussed on the way to Jumat prayer for example, just a better flow generally.

Although Fashola's talent in supervising physical infrastructure might be lost.

Chief of Staff can go to a Northerner.

Jonathan had Ayim & Oghiadome (both Southerners) as SGF & CoS at some point though.
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Reference(m): 11:02am On May 31, 2015
Dollyak:
How predictable that most of the key positions are already being given to the northern brothers.
let's wait and see how it pans out. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I hope the most deserving gets the key jobs.

Nigeria is still very regionally biased, so we need a balance of power between north and south to maintain fairness. The north will never accept a government dominated by the Southerners, so it's only fair we do the same.

Until we re-structure your fears will continue. Nigeria has real and serious issues beyond quality of governance. Tar all the roads, provide power 24hrs, it won't solve the fundamental problems this country has. As a matter of fact there cannot be sustainable development until we tackle those fundamental issues. Most Nigerians just donot understand how this country works or why it has failed to work since independence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Odaveboy(m): 11:05am On May 31, 2015
Sirniyeh:
Those who are not happy with Buhari's approach should go and hug transformer.

Wait till monday
we are waiting patiently sir
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Nobody: 11:06am On May 31, 2015
Emphany:
The APC has never been settled,i doubt if they'll ever be... Awaiting ur lying responds

Get it into ur skull if you have one that APC would surely deliver the change
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Bergs(m): 11:07am On May 31, 2015
#iamfornoboby
#iamforeverybody
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Dollyak(f): 11:08am On May 31, 2015
Reference:

Until we re-structure your fears will continue. Nigeria has real and serious issues beyond quality of governance. Tar all the roads, provide power 24hrs, it won't solve the fundamental problems this country has. As a matter of fact there cannot be sustainable development until we tackle those fundamental issues. Most Nigerians just donot understand how this country works or why it has failed to work since independence.
I think fiscal federalism will really help, due to decentralisation of the federal government. So Presidency and some of the key post people are fighting for, will be of less importance.
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Dollyak(f): 11:09am On May 31, 2015
bmos:

That is a wrong thing to say mr man. If it is going to be One Nigeria, then things must be done decently & in proper order. It is too early to expwriebce disappiintment with the nascent admin
Thanks for impacting knowledge into him.
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Fadenitan(m): 11:11am On May 31, 2015
Appointing Amaechi as a cabinet member is d beginning of failure of Buhari gov‘t,pple of amaechi character represent misplacing of piority and a blind directing d blind.Amaechi is a corruptable element dt is matured to tarnish d white garment of Buhari‘s gov‘t of change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by anonimi: 11:15am On May 31, 2015
Dollyak:
I think fiscal federalism will really help, due to decentralisation of the federal government. So Presidency and some of the key post people are fighting for, will be of less importance.

Nothing to worry about, really.

General Muhammadu Buhari (ret'd) promised that already four years ago so he has everything all worked out and with an APC majority in the senate and house of reps, it should be smooth sailing for the constitutional amendment to make this a reality.
Not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913

1 Like

Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by M4gunners: 11:30am On May 31, 2015
If he does that Ayo and Adeboye is going down. Don't quote me if you don't have anything better to tell.
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Reference(m): 11:31am On May 31, 2015
Nemeka:
I canpaigned for him to win......but he will lose out in the long run if he is blind to multi-ethnic composition of Nigeria

So what if the best, brightest and most suitable come from the north. Should Buhari reform or should you reform. Who or what is the hindrance to our development. Who needs to 'change', the government or the people.
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by jorlons(m): 11:31am On May 31, 2015
Firefire:
Meanwhile, THISDAY learnt that APC leaders insisted they must be carried along by the president in the making of strategic appointments in line with the principle of party supremacy.

What Nigerians require are people who will perform and not the same, recycle and thieving politicians.

In addition, fair representation is also required. How would you take it if only the northerners were to make his cabinet ??

There has to be a balance between competence and regional representation, cause we have not completely evolved into a country where appointments can be made strictly on competence.
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Wildrage: 11:32am On May 31, 2015
Reference:

Gbam, you've said it all
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by searay(m): 11:47am On May 31, 2015
Hello

2 Likes

Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by poiZon: 11:47am On May 31, 2015
sleekp1:
[s][/s]

Imagine if Jonathan had filled his cabinet with only Otuoke people, bombs would have rained down.

Let me be the governor of your state because ethnicity doesn't matter.

r u new in town? u no bin hearsay gej ran a clannish gofmen? na y dem commot am o no be say him no work. unless God is sleeping, unless God isnt in Nigeria. then i will lose hope if not all that was meted at gej will surely be given to them in 100folds!
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by poiZon: 11:50am On May 31, 2015
Firefire:
Meanwhile, THISDAY learnt that APC leaders insisted they must be carried along by the president in the making of strategic appointments in line with the principle of party supremacy.

What Nigerians require are people who will perform and not the same, recycle and thieving politicians.

it shud also be a UNITY gofmen too whr all regions n state are included. dont forget they accused gej of running a CLANNISH gofmen n i dont expect dem to do same going by their promises during campaigns!
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Wildrage: 11:51am On May 31, 2015
Reference:

So what if the best, brightest and most suitable come from the north. Should Buhari reform or should you reform. Who or what is the hindrance to our development. Who needs to 'change', the government or the people.

I am all for bringing the best and the brightest on board irrespective of their ethnic background, but then the same principle should be applied to all public appointments, promotions and employments including admissions into all publicly funded institutions of learning. We should do away with quota system, federal character, allow merit in all spheres of our national endeavors. I know this may be difficult in a multi ethnic society like ours where every region must be carried along and made to have a sense of belonging so we need to find a balance where merit is not sacrificed and no region feels left out

1 Like

Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Dollyak(f): 11:53am On May 31, 2015
anonimi:

Nothing to worry about, really.

General Muhammadu Buhari (ret'd) promised that already four years ago so he has everything all worked out and with an APC majority in the senate and house of reps, it should be smooth sailing for the constitutional amendment to make this a reality.
Not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913
Lol we both know it won't happen. If it does then he will forever be the best president ever
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by fareed69(m): 11:57am On May 31, 2015
millionboi:
DATZ vry stupid of u,i blame GMB 4nt formin gudrelatnship wit d ibo ppl.....ok let me ask u?hw many time has buhari vistd any of d eastrn state or carry out any foundatn in iboland,only 2com out durin campaign nd expect dem 2felow him. U beta retink

What formidable force is he goingto form after what he has done?
He should drag you with rope and force you to join the party?

Ngige no tell una
Did you vote for him during the elections
Now the senate presidency that you should ve taken on a platter of Gold has eluded you.
Were were you wen Okorocha was shouting change.
You blindly and Stupidly followed that Otuoke man
What Foundation did you expect Buhari to come and form in Ibo Land?
Was he the President then?
You people are just bunch of follow- follow blind people
I stay in Rivers- state if I must tell you so I know the thinking and voting pattern of the Ibo people during the Elections.

I would urge you to talk to your people that nigeria is ours you should strive to make your ethnic group relevant in the Country.
How sweet would it ve been if ngige had wonhis Senatorial seat in fact that senate president straight.
Don't ever put all your eggs in one basket
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by Dollyak(f): 11:57am On May 31, 2015
Reference:

Ideally I would've agreed with you if you were talking about countries like usa. But do you honestly think we are mature enough to think about the whole country? Do you honestly think a cabinet filled with 95% northerner will not favour the north?
Please be realistic, in an ideal world the best solution is to choose the best regardless of tribe, but Nigeria doesn't do that.
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by seangy4konji: 12:07pm On May 31, 2015
It no concern me who deh dere as long as things start running smoothly but make we deh wait..

Person weh deh dem bring hin wife come no deh tip toe look window.
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by donodion(m): 12:08pm On May 31, 2015
midolian:
With security at the top of his agenda, President Muhammadu Buhari may have decided to make the announcement of his security team the first in the series of appointments he is expected to make at the start of his administration, THISDAY has learnt. The team is likely to be headed by former Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant-general Abdulrahman Dambazau, who looks set to become the new National Security Adviser.
It is also gathered from a reliable source that the next on the list of appointments would be those of Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Chief of Staff to the President.

This is as Buhari’s silence on executive appointments seen as key to the full take-off of his administration has upset many chieftains of his party, All Progressives Congress. It has also provoked considerable anxiety about the roadmap he is reading after his swearing in as president on May 29.

Many Nigerians had thought from past experience that Buhari would announce major appointments, such as Chief of Staff, media spokesperson NSA, and SGF, at least within 48 hours of his inauguration. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo had sacked all the service chiefs, the director-general of State Security Services, and the NSA on his assumption of office.

Buhari’s refusal to say anything on the appointments has fuelled speculation that he and key stakeholders of APC may not be on the same page with regard to the choice of persons for the positions.

Nonetheless, Buhari and the vice president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, have declared their assets in line with the constitution. This was disclosed in a statement by the head of Buhari’s media team, Garba Shehu.

But the non-publication of the details of the assets declaration, in keeping with popular expectation and the president’s own past pledge, has rankled with many Nigerians. 

The Code of Conduct Bureau on Friday acknowledged the submission of the asset declaration forms of Buhari and Osinbajo, which were submitted separately on May 28, and endorsed by the organisation's chairman, Sam Saba. Buhari's declarant identity was given as “President: 000001/2015.”

Nigerians expected the president to make his asset declaration public. But Shehu defended Buhari’s decision to limit the declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau, thus, “President Muhammadu Buhari has declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau as required by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. If anyone is interested in knowing details of his asset worth, such a person can avail himself or herself of the use of Freedom of Information Act to seek the information from the bureau.”

In a related development, the president has denied placing a travel ban on any Nigerian, including officials of the past administration.

A statement on Saturday by Shehu said, “We have not banned anyone from travelling.” It stressed that all ex-government officials were entitled to their freedom of movement and other rights and privileges under the constitution and must not be subjected to harassment and intimidation at the airports or other points of entry and exit.

The statement was in reaction to reports about “V.I.P. stoppages” yesterday at the airports.

“Unless otherwise directed by the courts, no law-abiding citizens should be barred from travelling abroad. We must treat fellow citizens with courtesy and respect.

"Officials at the borders and other points of entry and exit should conduct their affairs in strict compliance with due process. No one has my permission to bar anyone from travelling abroad,” Shehu quoted Buhari as saying.

Meanwhile, THISDAY learnt that APC leaders insisted they must be carried along by the president in the making of strategic appointments in line with the principle of party supremacy. He had in his inaugural speech on Friday announced the relocation of the Defence Headquarters to Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State, the hotbed of the nearly six-year-old Boko Haram insurgency. This was in apparent demonstration of his determination to tackle the terrorist threat head-on. Against this backdrop, Buhari is believed to have prioritised the appointment of his security team.

The president was said to have initially decided to make Dambazau the Minister of Defence, but other APC leaders who got wind of it objected to the appointment of northerners into the two strategic positions of NSA and defence minister.

The president of Nigerian Guild of Editors and managing director of Sun Newspapers, Femi Adesina, is said to be pencilled in as Buhari’s senior special adviser on media and publicity, and former military administrator of Kaduna State, Col. Abdul Hamid Ali, is being considered for Chief of Staff. Ali had served as Buhari’s Chief of Staff before.

Those eyeing the post of SGF include immediate past governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Amaechi; former governor of Abia State, Chief Ogbonnaya Onu; and the latest entrant, Alhaji Babagana Kingibe.

Sources in APC said Buhari may have settled for Amaechi with the backing of prominent southerners in the party, who are keen on having someone from the region in the position.

Leaders of the party from the south were said to have confronted Buhari over Kingibe's alleged aspiration, insisting he didn't work for the party. But Buhari was said to have informed them that they might  not have been aware that the former SGF actually  worked for his victory behind the scene.

However, Kingibe has become visible since Buhari's victory, prompting leaders of the party from the south to unite behind Amaechi so that the region does not miss the opportunity of producing the SGF.

THISDAY gathered that the delay in the announcement of key appointments by the new government was caused by the president’s decision to refrain from any pronouncement in that regard until major political interests in his party had been catered for.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/key-appointments-buhari-s-silence-unsettles-apc-leaders/210759/
All these PDP converts in APC should better be patient rather than been anxious and let Buharis govt. run the show.
Its no longer business as usual.No more square pegs in a round hole.
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:25pm On May 31, 2015
hadura29:

No lies my bro, I don't care who he chooses, all I want is a working Nigeria after all we are all Nigerians what's with this ethnicity... Gosh...
And you think Baba Gana Kingibe is among those that would make ''a working Nigeria'' undecided.
Re: Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:31pm On May 31, 2015
chuna1985:

Where is this talk coming from

The phrase people used for GEJ is that he surrounded himself with northerners.
Okonjo-Iweala, Fani-Kayode, Alison-Maduekwe, Fayose, etc are northerners?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Moment Soldiers Were Ambushed By Bandits In The North West. (Video) / NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline / 6 Sets Of People Who Are Praying For Buhari To Die & Their Reasons - Ngeneukwenu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.