Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] (3337 Views)

List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 / 5 Most Handsome Nigerian Presidents Since 1960(photos) / When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by jaywalex: 10:15am On May 31, 2015

Some made horrible decisions, others were just bad presidents, a few were really bloodthirsty extremists, whilst a couple were warmongers. All of these guys are a mix who in the last 130 years have been the architects of the most horrific genocides, systematic murders, blockades, brutal wars, and policy reforms history has ever recorded.

Where to begin? Maybe an icebreaker for you next dinner party? Did you know the word “genocide” was coined in 1943 to describe when the Armenians were slaughtered haphazardly by Turkish leader Ismail Enver? Until then there was no specific word for it in our language. It makes me think about how much more cognizant we’ve become in this last century to these events. So, a quick toast between you and I to a more peaceable future where less of what follows below is allowed to happen. Sit back, but don’t relax to check on top 10 most murderous African Presidents of all time.
1. Mengistu Haile Mariam (400,000 – 1.5 million deaths)

Breakdown: As president of Ethiopia and colonel of “the Derg” (communist militia) Mengitsu systematically killed those against him in the “Red Terror” campaign.

Mengistu Haile Mariam is (as in still alive) a politician who presided over Ethiopia from 1974 to 1991. The way he got into power was by smothering the previous president Haile Selassie although he has denied those rumors. His biggest claim to fame is the Ethiopian Red Terror which was a campaign of repression led by the Derg (communist militia in Ethiopia). In his introductory speech Mengitsu yelled, “Death to counterrevolutionaries! Death to the EPRP!” Then he took three bottles filled with blood and threw them to the ground.

It was an auspicious beginning to say the least. Thousands were killed and found dead on the streets in the years that followed. Much of the murdering can be attributed to the friendly neighborhood watch there known as “Kebeles”. As if killing innocents wasn’t enough they would then charge the family a tax to return the dead body to them. The tax was aptly named “the wasted bullet”! Are you serious Mengitsu? However there was an even more gruesome fate of being left on the street where wild hyenas would fight over the dead. The campaign has been described as one of the worst mass murders ever in Africa. Mengitsu is even known to have garroted people to death
READ MORE http://pressvibe.com/2015/05/top-10-most-murderous-african-presidents-of-all-times-2-nigerian-presidents-make-the-list/

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by demmy0325(m): 10:17am On May 31, 2015
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by lomprico(m): 10:18am On May 31, 2015
10? We only see one. angry

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by sleekp1: 10:20am On May 31, 2015
lomprico:
10? We only see one. angry

I didn't read all of it but I think Abacha and Buhari are among.
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by SHARIAREPORTERS: 10:20am On May 31, 2015
Am a christian and not a murderer cum terrorist
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by Nobody: 10:24am On May 31, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Am a christian and not a murderer cum terrorist

Where is Idi-Amin?
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by Nobody: 10:26am On May 31, 2015
Silly post without source!
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by PRYCE(m): 10:29am On May 31, 2015
Bunch Of Savages!

Anyone noticed that most of em are Ishmaelites?
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by Truth24(m): 10:39am On May 31, 2015
If Abacha no dey dat list make I bend
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by princealbashir: 11:00am On May 31, 2015
Where the rest?
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by olymurphy(f): 11:51am On May 31, 2015
make I book space
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by Taryehmiseh(m): 12:12pm On May 31, 2015
Shey make we con fry egg ni bayii??
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 31, 2015
I guess the op watched d documentary on ghadaffi yesterday on Discovery world. I saw some horrific things and I was moved to tears. They talked about other african leaders too like idi amin and charles taylor And what they did. I started to wonder if man was made in the image of God. Idi amin locked 500 000 ugandans up in some cells, they were cramped in that cell and the only means of exit was a lake, an underground cable carrying high voltage was exposed to the lake, any body that jumped into the lake was immediately electrocuted and the body is recovered and fed to crocodiles in another lake. Charles taylor caused riots in liberia and gave guns to children as little as six yrs old that knew not right from left, the videos were horrible. There is surely and afterlife after this, because the pain and suffering this people brought upon humanity cannot be experienced by them in this life. I will not want to be in hell with these set people because i,ve not done an inch of what these people have done. Ill rather strive to make heaven no matter what it takes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by henrychubayo: 12:32pm On May 31, 2015
We are waiting. Uganda former leader late Idi Amin should be there.
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 31, 2015
Wow @ this Mengitsu fella! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by omowolewa: 12:36pm On May 31, 2015
African has always been brutal towards each other.

Western world couldn't have made mess of us if not for African's brutality to Africans'.

Thank God for Jonathan, the story would have been different today.
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by Dollyak(f): 12:39pm On May 31, 2015
Abacha and mugabe nuff said
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by ZeezaRapture(m): 12:45pm On May 31, 2015
Op please am nervous oo
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 31, 2015
sleekp1:

I didn't read all of it but I think Abacha and Buhari are among.
Sharrap nd read the post, buhari is not there. Eediot
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 31, 2015
ZeezaRapture:
Op please am nervous oo
its abacha nd gowon. Dont be nervous
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by Emphany: 12:58pm On May 31, 2015
This op guy na otuk.po
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by samueld0(m): 1:04pm On May 31, 2015
Where is the second? Hope you are not coming up with Goodluck Jonathan? Becourse jurging from your number one list that Ethopian man you put up there is not a dictator he's a Democrate just like GEJ.

Please I beg you not to try and mention GEJ here no any NIgerian President is worthy of making that list (even Abacha) please don't come up with what wiill damage our reputation(after our peacefull government transition)
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by eightsin(m): 1:15pm On May 31, 2015
Horrific blood thirsty demons in human skin
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by IdeeEsperanza(m): 1:43pm On May 31, 2015
Wait, mek I go buy airtime for the guy.
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by gunuvi(m): 2:24pm On May 31, 2015
This space is for sale for 5 bottles of harp lager
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by Ariyke: 2:44pm On May 31, 2015
Am not visiting ur blog angry
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by bukster(f): 2:53pm On May 31, 2015
If you click on the link you'll see the full list. Abacha and Gowon made the list.
All the deaths related to the Nigerian civil war is blamed on him even though I believe both sides, Nigeria and Biafra were at fault.
Re: Top 10 Most Murderous African Presidents Of All Times [2 Nigerian Presidents] by crixlight2(m): 3:13pm On May 31, 2015
Gbam... this is why I love history

(1) (Reply)

Revenge Killing: Christian Reportedly Beheads ISIS Jihadist / Patrick Nnaemeka Ubajaka: A Honourable Withouth Honour. / APC Chieftain Calls For Suspension Of Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.