Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri (1361 Views)

Shooting In Maiduguri Government House As Soldiers & Police Clash Over Rice / Why MASSOB And IPOB Should Be Treated Like Boko Haram & Herdsmen Militia- PICS / DSS And Police Clash At INEC Office In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by ifedubatoochukw: 10:52pm On May 31, 2015
MASSOB, Police Clash In Owerri

May 31, 2015

Members of Movement for the Actualisation Of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) yesterday had a confrontation with the police at the Assumpta roundabout in Owerri, the Imo State capital, while riding in a motorcade to the heart of the state capital in commemoration of the MASSOB Day celebration, during which they were teargased by the police.

An eyewitness, who disclosed this to LEADERSHIP Sunday, said that the police who had stationed their vehicles at the popular Control Post, Owerri, asked the MASSOB members to retreat but they kept advancing, prompting the police to use teargas to disperse them.

The witness further disclosed that the members of MASSOB who were over 500 in number, hauled stones at the police who got angry and shot in the air to scare them away.Massob

The state commissioner of police, Austin Evbakvbokun, while confirming the incident to LEADERSHIP Sunday said that the police had to intervene by halting the advancement of the MASSOB members to the state capital because they did not have a permit for such gathering.

He added that the Igbo pressure group movement conducted themselves in a disorderly manner, carrying insignias not of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, necessitating the prompt action of his men to stop them.

“How can they say that they were peaceful when they conducted themselves in a disorderly manner, carrying insignias that are not of the nation? We had to disperse them, they are not a nation, they are expected to have a permit before embarking on any such gathering,” Evbakhavbokun said.

Meanwhile, speaking during the 2015 MASSOB Day celebration, the apex Leader of the Ijaw Youth Council, Alhaji Asari Dokubo, faulted the amnesty granted to the ex-Niger Delta Militants by the late President Umuaru Musa Ya’radua, alleging that it was a bribe meant to tap oil from the Niger Delta region, adding that it was the basis why he rejected the offer.

He also condemned the National Conference organised by the federal government, insisting that the exercise did not represent the views of the Niger Delta region that is yearning for a referendum.

“It only represented the views of the rest of the country. Let us be allowed to have a referendum. We have the right to hold a referendum on where we want to go,” he stated.

The Ijaw Youth Council leader described MASSOB and his group as partners in progress who are moving in the same direction to arrive at a common destination as one people and one nation.

He advised the nation’s leaders to always hearken to the worthy yearnings and aspirations of all aggrieved component parts in order to avert frequent violent confrontation, saying, “those who make change impossible make violence inevitable.”

http://leadership.ng/news/437207/massob-police-clash-in-owerri
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Emekamex(m): 10:55pm On May 31, 2015
Nigeria is getting more divided by the day, not like I care anyway.
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Adeoba10(m): 11:01pm On May 31, 2015
Isorrite
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by WisdomCanada(m): 11:02pm On May 31, 2015
Some Igbos may even be among the police men, pledging allegiance to one big scam called Nigeria.
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by QTEST007(m): 11:05pm On May 31, 2015
am a Niger deltan, but if Nigeria splits,i'll prefer to remain a Nigerian and not a biafran

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by shakazuldadon: 11:05pm On May 31, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Emekamex(m): 11:07pm On May 31, 2015
QTEST007:
am a Niger deltan, but if Nigeria splits,i'll prefer to remain a Nigerian and not a biafran
Nobody asked you to join before.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Idrismusty97(m): 11:09pm On May 31, 2015
What? They even have the effrontery.... Time to bring in the Khaki boys. Hehehehe who am i even kidding cheesy, Ordinary pot bellied police even without guns are enough for these noise makers. The police regularly use MASSOB members as target practice at the slightest provocation and nothing happens cheesy… Glad the police too are igbos so no need for finger pointing.

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/412x309xBiafra-zionist.jpg.pagespeed.ic.GM6jJHqlgd.webp[/img]

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:19pm On May 31, 2015
If they misbehave, the Nigerian army should be sent to deal with anyone who go against the law.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by abduljabbar4(m): 11:20pm On May 31, 2015
Idrismusty97:
What? They even have the effrontery.... Time to bring in the Khaki boys. Hehehehe who am i even kidding cheesy, Ordinary pot bellied police even without guns is enough for these noise makers.
Infact a pregnant female cop can finish the idi0ts.
But seriously, why not focus on biafra and leave us alone? They keep saying that we care about them because we comment on their threads yet you always see sentences like Nigeria is a zoo. They think we are so stup1d that we will allow them to be insulting our blessed, great land

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:20pm On May 31, 2015
WisdomCanada:
Some Igbos may even be among the police men, pledging allegiance to one big scam called Nigeria.
Emekamex:
Nobody asked you to join before.

The two of you should leave your enclave, and come out to see your fellow tribemen and women scattered all over hustling for their daily breed. I have a lot of them as friends. If I ask them, '' do you people still want Biafruad, sorry Biafra''? They answer is '' menh, forget about that tin, na people Wey no get work dey talk that one''

Truly, na people Wey no get work dey talk am. E.g, those trools despised by the police.

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Macelliot(m): 11:27pm On May 31, 2015
Hmmm
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Amadi45(f): 11:30pm On May 31, 2015
this Massob people are clueless and stupid set of people.
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 31, 2015
QTEST007:
More reason you should ask ur mum who is your real father.
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Amadi45(f): 11:37pm On May 31, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

The two of you should leave your enclave, and come out to see your fellow tribemen and women scattered all over hustling for their daily breed. I have a lot of them as friends. If I ask them, '' do you people still want Biafruad, sorry Biafra''? They answer is '' menh, forget about that tin, na people Wey no get work dey talk that one''

Truly, na people Wey no get work dey talk am. E.g, those trools despised by the police.
I laugh at you hausas when you said that.
i'm from port-harcourt but i'm in Ebonyi state ryt now.
Do you know the number of hausas here in Ebonyi doing shoe making,selling water Mellon and carrot, doing gateman selling suya,selling dried fish and dried chicken and digging well and selling rope for fetching well and many other things.rearing and selling cows
There is a place called garrikki,there is a place called hausa quaters,there is a big long street and buildings behind new market road and there is a place called murtala muhamed quaters.
dude they are more than 1.5 milliion hausas here in Ebonyi state.
so how many trucks are you going to send to bring them back to the north?

1 Like

Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Amadi45(f): 11:41pm On May 31, 2015
QTEST007:
you are on your own.
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:45pm On May 31, 2015
Amadi45:

digging well and selling rope for fetching

So you mean the govt can't provide drinking water for its people?
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Amadi45(f): 11:50pm On May 31, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

So you mean the govt can't provide drinking water for its people?
if derailing the topic will console you then suit yourself. Here in Ebonyi state they don't depend only in one source of water
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by OkutaNla: 12:07am On Jun 01, 2015
Amadi45:

I laugh at you hausas when you said that.
i'm from port-harcourt but i'm in Ebonyi state ryt now.
Do you know the number of hausas here in Ebonyi doing shoe making,selling water Mellon and carrot, doing gateman selling suya,selling dried fish and dried chicken and digging well and selling rope for fetching well and many other things.rearing and selling cows
There is a place called garrikki,there is a place called hausa quaters,there is a big long street and buildings behind new market road and there is a place called murtala muhamed quaters.
dude they are more than 1.5 milliion hausas here in Ebonyi state.
so how many trucks are you going to send to bring them back to the north?

Igbos and their habit of throwing phantom figures around. Lol. Are you serious? 1.5million hausas in Ebonyi? ? ? For a state that has like how many people altogether? With that many hausas I'd say Ebonyi is a Hausa colony. You better be exaggerating, girl!
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 01, 2015
Idrismusty97:
What? They even have the effrontery.... Time to bring in the Khaki boys. Hehehehe who am i even kidding cheesy, Ordinary pot bellied police even without guns are enough for these noise makers. The police regularly use MASSOB members as target practice at the slightest provocation and nothing
happens cheesy… Glad the police too are igbos so no need for finger pointing.

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/412x309xBiafra-zionist.jpg.pagespeed.ic.GM6jJHqlgd.webp[/img]

Such a shame. Just take a look at them. Fighting for a lost cause that will get them annihilated once more. grin

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by pazienza(m): 12:11am On Jun 01, 2015
Did you see the name of the police chief talking rubbish? If we play our game well, we won't have foreigners policing us. Everybody will police their own people.
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by pazienza(m): 12:13am On Jun 01, 2015
"Evbakvbokun". This name is non Igbo.
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Amadi45(f): 12:15am On Jun 01, 2015
OkutaNla:

Igbos and their habit of throwing phantom figures around. Lol. Are you serious? 1.5million hausas in Ebonyi? ? ? For a state that has like how many people altogether? With that many hausas I'd say Ebonyi is a Hausa colony. You better be exaggerating, girl!
you have no idea.
of the population in Ebonyi.
that they were told not to vote for d sake of biafra made it look lyk they ain't much.
call it exaggeration if you like wen next i go there i will get the pictures and upload.
by the way are you aware that the land mass of Ebonyi is bigger than abia and enugu
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Amadi45(f): 12:16am On Jun 01, 2015
Zoharariel:

Such a shame. Just take a look at them. Fighting for a lost cause that will get them annihilated once more. grin
why were not they annihiliated yesterday in Aba?
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by OkutaNla: 12:18am On Jun 01, 2015
Amadi45:

you have no idea.
of the population in Ebonyi.
that they were told not to vote for d sake of biafra made it look lyk they ain't much.
call it exaggeration if you like wen next i go there i will get the pictures and upload.
by the way are you aware that the land mass of Ebonyi is bigger than abia and enugu

I still think you're exaggerating. I find that extremely hard to believe. 1.5-million? ?
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Ojiofor: 12:19am On Jun 01, 2015
QTEST007:
Well,that's your choice.
Re: MASSOB And The Nigeria Police Clash In Owerri by Amadi45(f): 12:34am On Jun 01, 2015
OkutaNla:

I still think you're exaggerating. I find that extremely hard to believe. 1.5-million? ?
pls log in to their government website.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Buhari Greeting His Cows Today in Daura / Uduaghan Left Debt Of N636b: A Detailed Analysis (delta Took In N2.2 Trillion) / Is Bukola Saraki, The Senate President A British Citizen By Birth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.