Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch (1133 Views)

Nigerians React After CCT Clears Saraki Of False Asset Declaration Charges / Mixed Reactions Trail Buhari’s Assets Declaration-PUNCH / An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch by Amaudeogu(m): 12:40am On Jun 01, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari and his deputy, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, have both done well by declaring their assets as required by law. What Buhari and Osinbajo did, however, only satisfied the minimum requirement. This is not a minimum requirement government; we did not clamour for the minimum. The General and Prof made a promise of publicly declaring their assets; as far as I am concerned, they have not fully done so, and it is not too late.

This team should go one step further by making their assets truly public; and it is simple. The same information on the asset forms should just be photocopied and handed over to the media. This takes only one minute; then they would have fulfilled one of their campaign promises. Those suggesting that Nigerians should go through the Freedom of Information Act’s access port must know the task and the wall of impossibility involved in the process. Nigerians should not be put through some frustrating and heart-throbbing official rigmarole request process called the FoI. There is nothing “Free” about accessing wealth information of big boys in Nigeria, and it must change. If it’s not difficult to ascertain the wealth worth of Barack Obama of the United States, it must not be difficult in Nigeria if we have nothing to hide. I have sought some information in Nigeria for two years and up till today, I have heard nothing.

The FoI Act is a bottleneck and baloney. If it works, every information regarding the salaries, allowances and declared assets of all public servants- legislators, governors, local government chairmen, ministers, among others should be public by now. But today, we don’t have that; and we will never have it through the FoI Act. Well, maybe I am not Nigerian enough to navigate the FoI waters.

I still trust Buhari and Osinbajo; I believe in them, and I know they have nothing to hide. We are here just talking about letting our word be our bond and giving no room for second-guessing. When it comes to transparency, President Buhari should not be ordinary; these are extraordinary times in Nigeria.

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/letters/buharis-asset-declaration
Re: Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch by EverestdeBliu(m): 12:53am On Jun 01, 2015
Another super story.
Re: Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 01, 2015
the children of hate and anguish will start their normal routine now, which is abuse.
Re: Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch by buskie13(m): 12:58am On Jun 01, 2015
buhari...if u like declare..if u no like no declare..na light i dey find ma take watch Naija under 20 match..

meanwhile

[Four Catholic men and a Catholic woman
were having coffee in St. Peters Square.]
The first Catholic man tells his friends, "My
son is a priest, when he walks into a room,
everyone calls him 'Father'."
The second Catholic man chirps, "My son is a
Bishop. When he walks into a room people call
him 'Your Grace'."
The third Catholic gent says, "My son is a
Cardinal. When he enters a room everyone
bows their head and says 'Your Eminence'."
The fourth Catholic man says very proudly,
"My son is the Pope. When he walks into a
room people call him 'Your Holiness'."
Since the lone Catholic woman was sipping
her coffee in silence, the four men give her a
subtle, "Well .........?"
She proudly replies, "I have a daughter, slim,
tall, 38" DD bust, 24" waist and 34" hips.
When she walks into a room, everybody says,
"Oh My God."
Re: Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch by oluwadanie1(m): 1:20am On Jun 01, 2015
I thought 'nkemakolam onyema' has cleared this...
Re: Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch by brixton: 1:58am On Jun 01, 2015
Dude is in power and has started fumbling; I will not allow the office of the First Lady becos it is not in the constitution, I will publicly declare my assets for all Nigerians to see.

The black race is cursed!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch by Goodcare(m): 2:28am On Jun 01, 2015
K
Re: Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch by Okikiade(m): 4:28am On Jun 01, 2015
positivity with a progressive thinking personality is what we need right now! Paying Back The Deeds Of Goodness
Re: Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2015
It is Better not to respond to people's pettiness about the whole issue. This is the whole simple truth about the whole asset declaration issue. What Buhari did for now was just to inform the public that he has filed his Assets declaration Form with CCB and he has to wait within the next 30 days for the bureau to verify his declaration before going public with his Assets. . . God bless Nigeria.
Re: Buhari’s Asset Declaration - Punch by socialmediaman: 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
Of course they fulfil their campaign promises, they're simply following some procedure which propagandists don't understand. Meanwhile on a lighter note, they haven't said "We don't give a damn"... You know now, it's a change from what GEJ would've done

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Wife Snub Saraki / Thank You PMB For Heeding To My Call For Disposal Of The Presidential Jets / Another Futile Attempt To Smear President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.