Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola (11585 Views)

Bitter Kola And Charcoal Export Biz / How To Get Buyers For Bitter Kola Export / Bitter Kola Export (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by vicikel: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2012
Hello I Need a Charcoal buyers worldwide, i am a supplier of hardwood charcoal, and i have any amount of charcoal for export , amount of charcoal needed is based on the tonnage. Contact me ASAP if you have buyers. you can e-mail me at vicikel2002@yahoo.com,so we can take it from there and proceed on the contract and terms of payment
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by Thethy(m): 6:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by gunuvi(m): 2:14pm On Jan 05, 2012
Hello everyone,
sorry for diverting. I am currently in touch with a UK company who are wants me to be supplying them with Coconuts cos thats the business i do. My problem is getting the Export licence cert and other cert but a friend just hinted me that i may not need all those as long as i get the help of a clearing agent and that all i need is to containerized the coconuts and a shipping agent will handle all other stuffs and help ship it to UK. please do you think this is possible?
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by Drops: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2012
Is think it is very possible as long has you have registered with the required Non-oil Export bodies and get a clearing agent who would complete the transactions for the product with organisations like NAFDAC and SON.
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by Thethy(m): 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by newacca: 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2012
Hello House,
Can anyone put me through how to start exporting business? Do I need any exporting licence or paper? If yes,how do I procure such dox.
I also want to know the minimum amount of capital needed to start charcoal exporting biz.
I would appreciate good response from you people.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by stagger: 8:07am On Jan 08, 2012
Jimmy Boy:

I have shipped several containers of charcoal to europe and it will  not cost you anything  less than N550k-N600K to move a container  so the N40k story is far from the truth. The major challenges are as follows:

The local suppliers in the village will always cheat you, if you pay for 23 tons  with should be the net weight of 40ft container you may find out that it was just 19tons. No weigh bridges in villages.

The oyinbos buying from europe  often cheat too, some times they lie about the quality  and quantity in order to reduce that amaount payable to you. while some others will just refuse to pay you. a guy in Germany is still owing me about 6000 euros, though is a Nigerian.
The most truthful and sensible post here. This guy knows his onions.

Did I hear someone saying use courier companies? How delusional can people get?

1 Like

Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by vicikel: 8:15am On Jan 22, 2012
Hello I Need a Charcoal buyers worldwide, i am a supplier of hardwood charcoal, and i have any amount of charcoal for export , amount of charcoal needed is based on the tonnage. Contact me ASAP if you have buyers. you can e-mail me at vicikel2002@yahoo.com,so we can take it from there and proceed on the contract and terms of payment
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by kg(f): 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2012
newacca:

Hello House,
Can anyone put me through how to start exporting business? Do I need any exporting licence or paper? If yes,how do I procure such dox.
I also want to know the minimum amount of capital needed to start charcoal exporting biz.
I would appreciate good response from you people.
Thanks a lot.

To do small scale export, you don't need to be licensed but to do serious exporting, sending your goods in containers through the seaport to different parts of the world- yes you need export license (certificate).

To do this you will need to register your own limited liability company, thereafter proceed to NEPC with N11,000, original document for sighting and photocopies too. Also makesure you have a company seal or stamp too.

As of today Feb. 2012 you will need around N635,000.

You can visit http://www.box.com/s/74yu1p2ccz3uoftpvrqb and also www.exportnigeria.info for more information
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by kg(f): 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2012
gunuvi:

Hello everyone,
sorry for diverting. I am currently in touch with a UK company who are wants me to be supplying them with Coconuts cos thats the business i do. My problem is getting the Export licence cert and other cert but a friend just hinted me that i may not need all those as long as i get the help of a clearing agent and that all i need is to containerized the coconuts and a shipping agent will handle all other stuffs and help ship it to UK. please do you think this is possible?

Getting NEPC license is as simple as ABC so there's no need to avoid it. Nobody will ask you for "kickback, kickfront" and no one would waste your time. All you need is to have the original documents of your company (not business name but a limited liability company) i.e form C02, C07, certificate of incorporation etc. They only need it for sighting and also verify that part of what your company is registered for is 'import-export.'

Also go with photocopies because that is what they will collect. The people at NEPC are friendly not hostile, government is trying to encourage export so they try not to frustrate those showing interest in export.

You will pay N1000 for the form and N10,000 when submitting, total N11,000. You will need to write a simple letter, few lines, applying for export certificate to allow your company carry out formal export. Of course you will use your letterhead. You will also need your company seal or stamp in the course of filling the form.

Truth is if you go prepared, you can collect the form, fill and submit same day, thereafter you will be told when to come for your certificate. In practice, you can get your license in less than a week. The license is valid for 2 years before there's need for renewal again.

If you have any question feel free to call 08181411557

http://www.box.com/s/74yu1p2ccz3uoftpvrqb and www.exportnigeria.info
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by kg(f): 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2012
Quote from: Jimmy Boy on December 16, 2011, 07:29 AM
I have shipped several containers of charcoal to europe and it will  not cost you anything  less than N550k-N600K to move a container  so the N40k story is far from the truth. The major challenges are as follows:

The local suppliers in the village will always cheat you, if you pay for 23 tons  with should be the net weight of 40ft container you may find out that it was just 19tons. No weigh bridges in villages.

The oyinbos buying from europe  often cheat too, some times they lie about the quality  and quantity in order to reduce that amaount payable to you. while some others will just refuse to pay you. a guy in Germany is still owing me about 6000 euros, though is a Nigerian.

Very true, N40k is far from the truth.

Yes local suppliers will cheat but you can stop them from cheating you, you need to have your won standard/strategy in place, experience and information gives you that.

Oyibos cheat too, not all but some do cheat but if you want to be sincere with yourself, for everyone who got cheated, the real problem was with the payment method used. The payment method you agree to will either make or mar you in international trade. I'm almost certain you did C.A.D and not just CAD but CAD the Nigerian way. Talking about the Nigerian guy in Germany, I believe you are talking about Ogunjobi of Cruise Energy, he is an unrepentant fraudster, exporters beware.

Be well informed about your choice of business, in export since you are the seller, you should be in charge, choose who you agree to sell to and the terms you agree to.

Every business has its own challenges, there's no challenge that is insurmountable, just be on top of your game.

3 Likes

Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by Thethy(m): 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2012
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by ephilipand: 4:19pm On May 16, 2012
Do you need exportation contract for charcoal or any other exportable product?

I can help you secure one for an agreed fee.

Interested? Add me on whatsapp +2348176168355.
Download whatsapp @ http://www.whatsapp.com

or

Call: +2348176168355
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by Thethy(m): 8:50pm On May 17, 2012
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by AFOLABISUNKANMI(m): 9:25pm On May 17, 2012
newinvest: HI
i want to start exporting bussiness with about 40,000.(charcoal and bitter cola).
can anyone tell me the possible challenges i will face and is it still profitable.
thanks .

if you are interested in starting online importation at your comfort here in Nigeria then this is a good information for you http://www.mind2billion..com/2012/04/how-to-start-mportation-of-foreign.html God bless
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by raphrinco: 2:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
Hello Ify like how much do u think will be able to do something good and can you help to get buyers in abroad?
ifyalways: do u mean u have start-up capital of 40K or what?
That sector is quite untapped,profitable and are in high demand abroad BUT i dont know how far u can go with ur 40K capital.
U can start by posting what u have at online trade centers like Alibaba and craiglist.
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by personaldomest(f): 1:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
raphrinco: Hello Ify like how much do u think will be able to do something good and can you help to get buyers in abroad?

Charcoal business is very profitable. Do you want to be involved the the production? Or do you want to buy from the villagers? You will need btw 600K-800K.

1 Like

Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by EXPORTFINANCE: 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
I need Oak charcoal in large quantity 24mt/container...I want supplier who can deliver to Lagos only! Cash on delivery!...serious supplier can reach me on 08077881934...no time for unserious calls!
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by EXPORTFINANCE: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2015
funding available for charcoal export only...08077881934
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by EXPORTFINANCE: 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
funding partnership available for charcoal export only....08077881934

1 Like

Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by EXPORTFINANCE: 10:34am On Feb 17, 2016
funding available for charcoal export...08077881934

1 Like

Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by karlxavier(m): 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
Do you still fund charcoal export contracts? Please try and reply at export finance
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by Asumns: 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
I am the senior business analyst working at the HSA Investment Nigeria Limited writing you to propose a business about charcoal exportation. HSA is a firm that deals with export of hardwood charcoal and as well as hard wood for construction in Nigeria. HSA exports and distributes tropical hardwood charcoal, pine and eucalyptus as well as sawn timber and our firm is one of well known charcoal producer that deal with charcoal in large quantity in Nigeria. More so, consignments packaging are usually determined by the buyer either to have it in bulk packaged or to have it packed in variant kilograms of 5kg, 10kg, 20kg, etc. for inquiry, email; hsacharcoal@gmail.com or whatsapp; 08177517800.
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by arabianights: 3:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
Asumns:
I am the senior business analyst working at the HSA Investment Nigeria Limited writing you to propose a business about charcoal exportation. HSA is a firm that deals with export of hardwood charcoal and as well as hard wood for construction in Nigeria. HSA exports and distributes tropical hardwood charcoal, pine and eucalyptus as well as sawn timber and our firm is one of well known charcoal producer that deal with charcoal in large quantity in Nigeria. More so, consignments packaging are usually determined by the buyer either to have it in bulk packaged or to have it packed in variant kilograms of 5kg, 10kg, 20kg, etc. for inquiry, email; hsacharcoal@gmail.com or whatsapp; 08177517800.
IN SUMMARY,ARE YOU BUYING OR SELLING?
Re: Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola by arabianights: 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
Asumns:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aimuan Eboigbe Ikponmwosa C Greenboss The Libya Returnee / Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister / List Of Jaiz Bank Branches In Nigeria [UPDATED]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.