Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Buhari First Speech As Military Head Of State In December 1983. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari First Speech As Military Head Of State In December 1983. (464 Views)

Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 / Buhari First 7 Horrible Acts Since Becoming President Elect / Video Of Muhammadu Buhari First Speech After His Declaration As President Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari First Speech As Military Head Of State In December 1983. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
In pursuance of the primary objective of saving our great nation from total collapse, I, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari of the Nigerian army have, after due consultation amongst the services ofthe armed forces, been formally investedwith the authority of the Head of the Federal Military Government and the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forcesof the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

It is with humility and a deep sense of responsibility that I accept this challengeand call to national duty.As you must have heard in the previous announcement, the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1979) has been suspended, except those sections of it which are exempted in the constitution. The change became necessary in order to put an end to the serious economic predicament and the crisis of confidence now afflicting our nation.Consequently, the Nigerian armed forceshave constituted themselves into a Federal Military Government comprising of a Supreme Military Council, a NationalCouncil of States, a Federal Executive Council at the centre and State Executive Councils to be presided over by military governors in each of the states of the federation. Members of these councils will be announced soon.

The last Federal Military Government drew up a programme with the aim of handing over political power to the civilians in 1979. This programme as you all know, was implemented to the letter. The 1979 constitution was promulgated.

read more here - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/183847-from-the-archive-buharis-first-speech-as-nigerias-military-head-of-state-in-december-1983.html
Re: Buhari First Speech As Military Head Of State In December 1983. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
I was here. Though, i never read it.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Udom Emmanuel Heads Fgpc, Appoints Ssg, Other Key Aides / Imagine This. / Al-makura Appoints Media Aide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.