Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,340 members, 7,853,512 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:06 PM

Okowa Resume Office, Suspends Recruitment Exercise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa Resume Office, Suspends Recruitment Exercise (573 Views)

NSCDC Disowns Ongoing Recruitment Exercise- Our Website Was Hacked / Throwback Photo Of Okowa Ibori & Uduaghan / Gov Okowa Appoints Agas As SSG, Suspends Recruitment By DCSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa Resume Office, Suspends Recruitment Exercise by nobosaba(m): 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2015
ASABA-DELTA State Governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa resumed office MOnday with a prayer session at the Government House Chapel.
Okowa who was accompanied by his wife, Dame Edith Okowa, Deputy Governor, Mr Kingsley Otuaro and political aides and associates joined in the devotional session by staff of the Directorate of Government House.

Speaking at the brief service, the Governor urged Deltans to continually pray for the success of the programmes and policies of their leaders stressing that prayer is the key to success.

“Christians especially Deltans have a burden to pray everyday for the success of the state, Delta State will go places by the grace of God. I want to assure you all that I will always join this devotional service every morning throughout my tenure”, he said.

He called for the support and understanding of Deltans for the success of his administration.
In his exhortation, the Chaplain of the Chapel, Rev. Ben Golley urged Dletans to shun negative criticisms and excessive and unnecessary praises stressing that they need to pray for their leaders and support them for the growth of the state.

Okowa later inspected a guard of Honour mounted by the Nigeria Police and was taken round the various offices and halls in Government House by the Permanent Secretary, Mr. Benson Oburoh.

Meantime, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has suspended the ongoing recruitment exercise into the state civil service.

Okowa said that the suspension was sequel to the flawed process which was fraught with sharp practices and could not be adjudged to be credible.

In a statement signed by the State Head of Service, Mr Patrick Origho, Governor Okowa said “it is public knowledge that the process was fraught with sharp practices ranging from abuse of office to sale of jobs slots and therefore cannot by any stretch of imagination be adjudged credible, no flawed process produces a credible exercise” adding “this abysmal handling of the exercise culminated in the suspension of the chairman and members of the Commission and the setting of the an Administrative Panel to review the recruitment process”.

He appealed to Deltans for support and understanding on the suspension of the exercise assuring that” action will be taken to study the report of the Administrative Panel at the appropriate time with a view to strengthening the Delta State Civil Service Commission and ensuring transparent recruitment process”.

Source : Vanguard Newspapers
Re: Okowa Resume Office, Suspends Recruitment Exercise by Lilimax(f): 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2015
I trust this Governor will perform in Delta state.
Re: Okowa Resume Office, Suspends Recruitment Exercise by drtwist(m): 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
My state. My home just wish this guy will leave up to expectation.
My advice to Okowa is to Sack all ghosts workers and employ human being.
Also cut than the effect of corrupt community leaders like Ovwian, effurun and more.

Them try to carry people of delta central along very because that is were your opposition base is.

Just my 2cent
Re: Okowa Resume Office, Suspends Recruitment Exercise by fr3do(m): 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
My Governor!
Re: Okowa Resume Office, Suspends Recruitment Exercise by Matty145(m): 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
a good one

(1) (Reply)

Buy Quality Diazepam Sleeping Pills With Discount (cruzbriyan@gmail.com) / Saraki emerges senate president / 8th National Assembly's Scenario Lawan Is Our Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.