Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,278 members, 7,839,382 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) (19281 Views)

SGF Babachir Lawal Corruption Case : Company Documents Leaked (pics) / Court Quashes Charges Against Sylva / Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Sant1m: 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
omolami:
See how Buhari onechance is fighting corruption. He first ordered Kayemo Festus to stop the prosecution of Sylvia and now has ordered the withdrawal of the case from the court. See who is fighting corruption. A person that came to power through corruption can't fight same corruption. I congratulate Buhari for promoting corruption
TANOIDS are becoming one problem equal to the menace called corruption, just to discredit PMB they distort facts and pray fervently for the Govt. To derail. How can a group of opposition faithfuls fail to get a fact correct as stated in the report, there are two similar cases ongoing before two judges, the report stated, to avoid duplication one of the cases against Sylva should be dropped, to allow the other one run its full course. Why is so difficult for TANOIDS to understand. Jeeeeeez
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
Jorussia:
.You guys should stop embarrassing yourselves here,the case was withdrawn because sylva is facing similar charges before another judge.
the reason why you have to read before commenting, there is an *aka azu* in this matter.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by agabaI23(m): 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
do u realise that this woman is self made? she owns one of the best spas in the country. she doesn't need anyone to buy her jewelries. she is capable and worthy.

now, this must be hard on you...but kindly visit

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://lindaikeji..com/2015/05/the-first-lady-of-nigeria-aisha-buhari.html&sa=U&ei=xJBsVYbUF8KAUc-fgpgG&ved=0CBoQFjAG&usg=AFQjCNGD5woS78akwlQZBJObiNjo38E4Xw

Her Husband borrowed 27 m from the bank to buy form while she can afford over 10 m worth of just a ring?

1 Like

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by ndcide(m): 9:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
PassingShot:

Did you read the article to know why DPP withdrew the case?

I remember telling you on this thread

www.nairaland.com/2339765/buhari-orders-keyamo-step-down/4#34144222

that there is a grand plan to let this guy off the hook. They are just looking for a neat way to get it done.

You told me it was a conspiracy theory. You also said the source was a junk newspaper. Etc....

I told you that everyone knows the zeal Keyamo displays when it comes to things like this. This was too suspicious.

Now you see....

Look, we are not saying that PDP is good or they have not failed or they shouldn't be voted out. But we can't just on that group rate APC as absolutely clean or good.....when we all know that corrupt money is what runs our present day Nigeria. People push other thieves away just so that they can also steal their own. They are so forceful in labeling the past administration as evil in every aspect. What is the motivation? To also do what they accused PDP of.

Look, people are positioning seriously to loot in this dispensation and do it without a trace while they shout PDP. We know this because we are Nigerians. We have some things in common. (A white man can't tell the difference between the man from Ghana and Nigeria, but you know we know ourselves. )

1 Like

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by agabaI23(m): 9:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
doctokwus:
This is honestly shocking,uncalled for and must be reviewed.
Whoever thinks Nigerians voted for the same of d same must be joking.We voted for change and change we must get into how we conduct our business in Nigeria.
Awww!!!

At least you are not defending this one grin grin grin grin grin
Change, changii, at your chagrin
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2015
I don't believe this story, but if it happens to be true. I will be greatly disappointed.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Ese144: 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2015
If this is true then it is business as usual.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by doctokwus: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
agabaI23:
Awww!!!

At least you are not defending this one grin grin grin grin grin
Change, changii, at your chagrin
I am not blinded by sycophancy or ethnic bigotry not to know what I want.I believe Nigeria was overdue for a change and PMB is the best ever agent to engineer that change and save us from impending implosion.
But it doesn't mean I should now fold my hands and take things for granted or believe anyone,whoever it might be,should take Nigerians for granted or take us for a ride.
It would also be a grave undoing if they can ride on d prism of we having 4years to vote them out if we ain't satisfied.
4+ years of d GEJ govt has shown everyone that in 5yrs a govt can take a nation back 30yrs.With PMB no one can afford such luxury of time anylonger,That's y even supporters like me will give him a close marking every step of the way for d destiny of us all lies in what happens with this Buhari regime.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Wkaay(m): 10:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
Case closed
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by PassingShot(m): 7:51am On Jun 02, 2015
ndcide:

I remember telling you on this thread

www.nairaland.com/2339765/buhari-orders-keyamo-step-down/4#34144222

that there is a grand plan to let this guy off the hook. They are just looking for a neat way to get it done.

You told me it was a conspiracy theory. You also said the source was a junk newspaper. Etc....

I told you that everyone knows the zeal Keyamo displays when it comes to things like this. This was too suspicious.

Now you see....

Look, we are not saying that PDP is good or they have not failed or they shouldn't be voted out. But we can't just on that group rate APC as absolutely clean or good.....when we all know that corrupt money is what runs our present day Nigeria. People push other thieves away just so that they can also steal their own. They are so forceful in labeling the past administration as evil in every aspect. What is the motivation? To also do what they accused PDP of.

Look, people are positioning seriously to loot in this dispensation and do it without a trace while they shout PDP. We know this because we are Nigerians. We have some things in common. (A white man can't tell the difference between the man from Ghana and Nigeria, but you know we know ourselves. )
Firstly, Sylva's case is a case of "give a dog a bad name in order to hang it". If not, all others who were charged with him have been acquitted including the accountant of the state.

Secondly, the case has been on since 2012 without any guilty verdict. Why should it take more than three years to bring the guilty ones to justice? It's even an indictment on GEJ's government if he could not successfully prosecute a supposed guilty enemy in there years. It can easily be translated that Sylva is not guilty.

On the withdrawal of the case, what I see to it is that the DPP prefers to concentrate their efforts on just a case instead of two identical/similar cases. Nothing more.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by joeyfire(m): 7:54am On Jun 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
whether PDP go die or hang, it is so sure that you cannot go against all people. especially not those who contributed to your success.

One chance o! NGR dey soup
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by joeyfire(m): 7:57am On Jun 02, 2015
Sant1m:
TANOIDS are becoming one problem equal to the menace called corruption, just to discredit PMB they distort facts and pray fervently for the Govt. To derail. How can a group of opposition faithfuls fail to get a fact correct as stated in the report, there are two similar cases ongoing before two judges, the report stated, to avoid duplication one of the cases against Sylva should be dropped, to allow the other one run its full course. Why is so difficult for TANOIDS to understand. Jeeeeeez

Guy.... Why GMB dey free corrupt men? Why is the "change" just shameless fraud?
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by patpaul: 8:43am On Jun 02, 2015
NIGERIANS ARE YOU SEEING THE BEGINNING OF 'CHANGE'. CHANGE SMALL KWARUPTION TO BIG KWARUPTION.
SAI BABA INTEGRITY!
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by TheAdvocate(m): 9:44am On Jun 02, 2015
Jorussia:
.You guys should stop embarrassing yourselves here,the case was withdrawn because sylva is facing similar charges before another judge.

Which court? Suit number? Read again if that's the reason for the withdrawal. If that was the case, the judge wouldn't have released his passport. Don't play party politics when corruption is involve pls.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by chidinwachukwu(m): 9:50am On Jun 02, 2015
Their will be no Change,its just a case of the more you look the less you see.yo..Lu.Bats una see una self?
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by free13: 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
Change....
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by citizenisb: 9:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
http://www.ibtimes.com/nigeria-first-lady-aisha-buhari-slammed-52k-cartier-watch-amid-husbands-vow-crackdown-1948069

The Nigerian media was in an uproar this week over a watch first lady Aisha Buhari wore during her husband's inauguration ceremonies. She also wore the accessory described as a Cartier Baignoire Folle 18-Carat White Gold Diamond Ladies Watch in her newly unveiled official portrait. Nigeria media have estimated the watch costs roughly $52,000, or more than what President Muhammadu Buhari earns in three months from his official salary.

The timepiece triggered outrage from some Nigerians as the newly elected president has vowed to crackdown on government corruption, including overpaid public officials. Buhari played up his modest background while on the campaign trail, claiming he was a pastoral farmer with 150 cows who could barely afford to pay for his presidential nomination form. More than 50 percent of Nigerians live below the international poverty line of US$1.25 per day, according to the United Nations.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by citizenisb: 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"We Are Not Corrupt!" - Nigerian Police To NBS / No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF / Rabiu Kwankwaso Speaking Live At Chatham House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.