Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB (24717 Views)

N'delta Militants Are No Pushovers, We Lack Equipment To Confront Them' - Chief / Why We Can’t Release Details Of Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – Code Of Conduct / We Lack The Capacity To Prevent Corruption In Nigeria – Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by jorlons(m): 6:59am On Jun 02, 2015
Well I've not being deceived. I'll cling onto the little trust I gave this administration, until they prove me wrong above all odds.

I won't doubt their integrity nor see them as same old promise and fail politicians until it becomes vividly clear they cannot be trusted.

Long live Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by 3ace(m): 7:02am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:
Clearly the past PDP administration was not committed to transparency, accountability and the whole asset declaration process, which is why we are just discovering these constitutional challenges now, an issue that would have been long resolved through making the required amendments which will force the CCB to publish submitted asset declarations in the newspapers.

Regardless of these hiccups, it would be great if President Buhari sets an example and ignores the usual long process, and publicly announces his declared assets so we can concentrate on other issues of national importance.
I agree with you-he could just ignore and do the needful but something tells me some considerations are being taken into account preventing him from doing it immediately. I hope this delay won't extend to other problems begging for attention.

2 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by CSTR2: 7:35am On Jun 02, 2015
Anybody that still can't see the writings on the wall is forever blind.

6 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Iroh88(m): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:
Clearly the past PDP administration was not committed to transparency, accountability and the whole asset declaration process, which is why we are just discovering these constitutional challenges now, an issue that would have been long resolved through making the required amendments which will force the CCB to publish submitted asset declarations in the newspapers.

Regardless of these hiccups, it would be great if President Buhari sets an example and ignores the usual long process, and publicly announces his declared assets so we can concentrate on other issues of national importance.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by idithlove(f): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2015
Ohk nah
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by niceguy7(m): 7:43am On Jun 02, 2015
Make dem free baba jor.......
Did gej even declared his assets at all? Talk less of displaying it privately.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by hotgunz(m): 7:44am On Jun 02, 2015
owobokiri:

I will be mild; I have seen many dumb post made by different handles for different purposes here but this below takes the cake. It can't get dumber than this. I mean, asset declaration is now inconsequential? More important things than biulding trust, keeping your words while enshriniing inergrity within the sysem by leading by example? He should do like jonathan? What has changed then? Hello!?

pls wat s PMB busy wit dt we don't hv the right to knw?

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:44am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

Pdp is no longer there,try and focus on defending Apc lapses,instead of shifting blames to Pdp.Yaradua and Jonathan where in same PDP in 2007,when they declared their assets publicly!

7 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

If you carefully read my comment, you'd see I specifically mentioned the past administration because it enacted the FOI Act which suffers the lacuna that is the basis of the current conflict.

Furthermore, GEJ never publicly declared his assets, he only did the constitutional minimum of submitting his declaration.
He did as a vice president

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Rawani: 7:46am On Jun 02, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Pdp is no longer there,try and focus on defending Apc lapses,instead of shifting blames to Pdp.Yaradua and Jonathan where in same PDP in 2007,when they declared their assets publicly!

There's nothing to shift. The problem has its roots in the past PDP administration.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by An2elect2(f): 7:46am On Jun 02, 2015
All these phases *sigh* can't this constitution be amended to something simpler? undecided

3 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by marvelous000: 7:47am On Jun 02, 2015
iphanyiuma:
Fuel Don cheap na abi una nor they use Gen what's it with this ccb sef, alway looking for a means to cover up your scheme it will not work I want to see those assets if possible the certificate of occupancy sef and waec if available .... Meanwhile I hate the poster above me.. That was my birthright... Just clocked 1000
[size=13pt]
Chaigringrin

This is what happen when you refuse to study,instead you depend on expo to pass examsgrin

Guy,your comprehension skill is warped.
Or is it as a result of FTC strugglecheesy
[/size]

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by CSTR2: 7:47am On Jun 02, 2015
A PDP governor,the late yar'adua did the needful without making any initial promises.
The so-called mr integrity buhari is hiding behind technicalities to conceal his ill-gotten wealth amassed during his military days.
This was the man who promised to publicly declare as soon as he is sworn in.
na God go punish all of una.

3 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by TeamSimple(m): 7:47am On Jun 02, 2015
You guys always seek Buhari to act according to the constitution,now he has done that and you still complain. If he follows the constitution with its loopholes you say his not trustworthy, but when he decides to act outside the constitution you remember he was a dictator.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by An2elect2(f): 7:48am On Jun 02, 2015
niceguy7:
Make dem free baba jor.......
Did gej even declared his assets at all? Talk less of displaying it privately.

If baba had not promised to declare his assets, this wont be an issue.

4 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Kx: 7:49am On Jun 02, 2015
Amaudeogu:
I don't see anything difficult for the president elect to declare his assets publicly if he is not hiding something from the masses...
[size=18pt]
FYI, he is the President of Nigeria, not president elect.[/size]
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 7:49am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

If you carefully read my comment, you'd see I specifically mentioned the past administration because it enacted the FOI Act which suffers the lacuna that is the basis of the current conflict.

Furthermore, GEJ never publicly declared his assets, he only did the constitutional minimum of submitting his declaration.
Jonathan declared his assets publicly when he was the VP to Yar Adua.

I'm glad you've come to realise the terms and conditions constraint I was telling you about in the other thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/2347701/buhari-vp-fail-declare-assets/4#34270542

3 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Rawani: 7:49am On Jun 02, 2015
Mee234:

He did as a vice president

ShowYourCertificate:
Jonathan declared his assets publicly when he was the VP to Yar Adua.

I'm glad you've come to realise the terms and conditions constraint I was telling you about in the other thread.

HIGHESTPOPORI:
And the last Pdp administration with Yaradua and Jonathan delcared theirs publicly!

He never announced his assets like we want PMB to do now since the benchmark for governance has been elevated from Jonathan's mediocrity. He only submitted his declaration, same as what PMB/PYO have done, if he publicly announced please correct me and state his worth when he entered and when he left office.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by smoothralph(m): 7:50am On Jun 02, 2015
Mykevp2p:

No, PMB is not setting example... Yar'adua, a PDP president had done the same, even GEJ had previously declared his assets public... The constitution was there when Yar'adua declared his assets ( even though he didn't promise to do so like PMB).
did he declare his asset immediately after he was sworn in,
no. He declared his assets om the 27th of June. that was 29 days after he became the President

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:51am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

There's nothing to shift. The problem has its roots in the past PDP administration.
And the last Pdp administration with Yaradua and Jonathan delcared theirs publicly!

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by brownlord: 7:51am On Jun 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Buhari right from the word go and all that saintly toga and I will pite kworofshion mantra was all nothing but lies from the pits of hell, unfortunately we have too many zombies in the society today that can't sit down and ask themselves some hard questions.

What would a Buhari be doing with a Tinubu,Obasanjo,Amaechi,Kwakwanso and all the rest of the thieving elites that decamped from the PDP to join forces with the remaining set of thieves in the ACN turned APC?

Buhari is the greatest lie ever sold to a people because of their ingrained hatred for a particular region and people.The truth is we must see that change they promised ,else it is every man to thine own tent.
Enough of running around in a cycle with no end in sight.

According to passingshot, anything to bring Buhari to power was just fine, even if it means bringing Laurence anini and Monday Osunbor back to life to make him win election

And someone had the effrontery to say nigerians are not fools

Smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by jejemanito: 7:52am On Jun 02, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
and what happen to his integrity? Has he stole any kobo? has he fail any promise? Have u see him publically,to declare his asset, so what is ur problem.
the most annoying thing about you is you using a holy moniker to express your foolishness_

3 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Bizibi(m): 7:53am On Jun 02, 2015
Well,it is not my bizness...Nigerians put him there so they will have to deal with it....

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by niceguy7(m): 7:53am On Jun 02, 2015
An2elect2:

If baba had not promised to declare his assets, this wont be an issue.
Buh c'mon he's only human ain it.?
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by CSTR2: 7:53am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

Shut up,you lame-brained doofus.
So yar'adua was not a PDP governor when he publicly declared his assets?
What does it cost your buhari to order the CCB to release it to the press.?
Keep blaming the PDP.
Jonathan is gone for good now.
I expect you to still blame him for BH four years into buhari's tenure.

8 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:55am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

He never announced his assets like we want PMB to do now since the benchmark for governance has been elevated from Jonathan's mediocrity. He only submitted his declaration, same as what PMB/PYO have done, if he publicly announced please correct me and state his worth when he entered and when he left office.
You are trying so hard to be smart,but you are not,Jonathan and Yaradua declared their assests publicly and they were in Pdp.if buhari did same thing jonathan did before,so where is d change and difference?You are now supporting Buhari doing same thing after campaigning with it because he is Apc?Tufiakwa

5 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Imortal001: 7:55am On Jun 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Buhari right from the word go and all that saintly toga and I will pite kworofshion mantra was all nothing but lies from the pits of hell, unfortunately we have too many zombies in the society today that can't sit down and ask themselves some hard questions.

What would a Buhari be doing with a Tinubu,Obasanjo,Amaechi,Kwakwanso and all the rest of the thieving elites that decamped from the PDP to join forces with the remaining set of thieves in the ACN turned APC?

Buhari is the greatest lie ever sold to a people because of their ingrained hatred for a particular region and people.The truth is we must see that change they promised ,else it is every man to thine own tent.
Enough of running around in a cycle with no end in sight.
Why is nairaland still allowing a corrupt mind like you to still post comment?
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Godmann(m): 7:55am On Jun 02, 2015
We as youths of this country, we owe ourselves a duty not to fail in this dispensation.

Whatever our differences are; whether we believe that the President plans to make the assets declaration public later or not; it is better we leave nothing to chance.

The fate of Nigerians and the Blackman is too important to be left for chance.

I have been, and may still be a Buhari supporter, depending on how he handles this petition. I pray both Supporters and non-supporter to sign if you believe we desire a transparent government.

https://www.change.org/p/president-muhammadu-buhari-enforce-public-declaration-of-assets?recruiter=7207292&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=des-lg-share_petition-custom_msg&fb_ref=Default
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by smoothralph(m): 7:56am On Jun 02, 2015
CSTR2:
A PDP governor,the late yar'adua did the needful without making any initial promises.
The so-called mr integrity buhari is hiding behind technicalities to conceal his ill-gotten wealth amassed during his military days.
This was the man who promised to publicly declare as soon as he is sworn in.
na God go punish all of una.
dsame God punish u too.....His exact words where, i will declare my assets to the public within my 1st 100 days. How many days remain?
block head
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 02, 2015
The salient question is: WHY DID BUHARI CHOSE NOT TO DECLARE HIS ASSETS PUBLICLY.

The Answer is: THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 02, 2015
We don't need the CCB to make It public for us rather we want buhari to use the social media he is a darling of to tell us his assets. We are being raped daily by APC.

3 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by CSTR2: 7:58am On Jun 02, 2015
Buhari declare your assets publicly and let us see how a "only one million naira" account holder is able to afford £30,000 accessory and a very expensive british education for his children.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING: Saharareporters Floors Saraki @ Appeal Court, N4bn Judgement Overturnd / President Buhari And Service Chiefs In Closed-Door Meeting / Armed Robbers At Alaba International Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.