Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (41012 Views)

How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 8:27am On May 31, 2015
One#Chance#Things

QUALITY 26" PHILIPS LCD TV WITH CABLE AND REMOTE CONTROL, IMPORTED FROM LONDON UK. IT WORKS PERFECTLY AND ALMOST LIKE BRAND NEW ONE @ 24K. CONTACT 08159036341. LOCATION IKOTUN LAGOS

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by dammytosh: 8:28am On May 31, 2015
I will wait till 2 weeks time and also research that they promised to declare their assets publicly before this is marked.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by free2ryhme: 8:28am On May 31, 2015
anonimi:

So as long as Brainless Buhari and his pastor VP do not use the swear word we should continue chanting change change,abi

It should NOT matter they have done LESS and WORSE than Jonathan and late Yar'Adua did, right

We go do mugu tire for these HYPOCRITES while our country continues its rot.

they are yet to start their 1st term by Monday and you are already spitting fire yet u condone cluelessness for 6 years and never said a word

guy go jump inside lagoon abeg

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by frisky2good(m): 8:29am On May 31, 2015
But they promised to do it that is why they have to do it.

Chibex50:
Declaring their assets still won't solve our problems,
Just give us Peace in Nigeria, Dats most important

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by midolian(m): 8:29am On May 31, 2015
listica:
who is trying to call someone fool here,mr man don't be deceived,say no to imposters. let them open up and show us what they promised while campaigning, they submitted on weekend and it supposed to be shown to us on weekend too so if u don't have something to offer please keep off
calm down, guy. That's the simple message in my post. Yaradua publicly declared his asset a month after he was sworn in. All I am saying is for us to give these pple time. Its just 48hrs for crying out loud. What if they publicly declare their assets b4 the end of next month? The forms have just bn submitted,,No one knows how far the bureau hav gone to verify what's there in the forms they submitted. So let's just calm down.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by erico2k2(m): 8:30am On May 31, 2015
symbianDON:
quite commendable. leadership by example. I wonder why some people have issues with this. whether they declare their assets publicly or not is not the issue. the main deal is that they DECLARED THEIR ASSETS and so can be held accountable in the future. I think everyone needs to support this government. it is too early in the day to speculate and cast aspersions.
Nah lie, as corrupt as OBJ we all knew he had N20000 when he left prison,PMB says he has just 150 cows abi? and he borrowed money for his campaign, plus he has just one house and he also borrowed money to buy the form,Now would it not be in the public interest to know if he owns 10 houses, 5000 cows,bank balance of 100 million naira,a swizz account? cos if me and you know this information do we need IFA to tell us we have been defrauded? I'm just stating the obvious not that I'm accusing him of anything as he aint been found guilty yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by papoose999(m): 8:30am On May 31, 2015
erico2k2:

aahah I just tire for these guys, now we see the true colors of GMB supporters lol Im enjoying this as I know we have al the retrospective names used i n the place of GEJ and we are adding hundreds more names to the list and that shall be the new name of PMB, unless he builds more power stations plus improve power distribution,improve security, build more train lines,improve roads and open more sea ports etc among a few then the name callings will shrink if not, his cows would be held at higher grace than him.
confam...just 2days in office he has broke 2 of hs campaign promise...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by listica(m): 8:30am On May 31, 2015
Welcome to aso villa buhari but please no games sir cos u left gala night for prayers and u didn't address foreigners before u left,i saw one mistake sir and now ccb now wants to play ther own games too sir

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by allgoodlight(m): 8:31am On May 31, 2015
both have declare their asset recently ok a government just started people started criticising it let us be patient i believe there will be an improvement due to the character involve though with is own advantage and disadvantage we have not been having power supply for the past months the power was restored till now after the inauguration so surprise i dont know may be is due to the buharysm effect.God bless Nigeria and God bless us all

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by lastpage: 8:31am On May 31, 2015
Buhari is just a little over 24Hrs in office and these Silly SaTANoids are falling over themselves to criticize him?
Even the people that elected Buhari are not making noise but those that supported the "FAILED JONATHAN" are the ones drinking Otakpiapia!
grin grin grin

Dont you all see how stewpid you sound?

IF you dont like what he is doing either emigrate to China or Indonesia (where they would probably put you to death by hanging).

.... or jump entre the LAGOON! tongue tongue tongue tongue

Buhari will work to his own time-table, not the ones prepared by these Children of Anger and HATE!

Just mere looking at their usernames, you can guess where they are from!

Awon Oloshi, olori-buruku ma'shamfani gbogbo!

#SaiBaba, nothing do you, if they dont like it, (in Oshiomole's Voice), let them "Go and Die"! tongue tongue

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by charlesucheh(m): 8:32am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Meaning what? Is it not the same weekend they submitted asset declaration form?
Why wait for working day to make it public?
what's your problem?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by rusher14: 8:32am On May 31, 2015
Mumu.

Code of conduct first then you publicly declare. The idea is to have uniformity and no ambiguity.

Why do you choose to put the cart before the horse?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Rawani: 8:32am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Not true. The CCB is backed by law to keep the assets declaration information confidential. Many groups have tried assessing information from them and failed, even with the FoI bill at their disposal. Click on the link below to see a scenario where a group tried to get some info from CCB, they failed:

http://saharareporters.com/2011/10/21/group-sues-code-conduct-bureau-over-jonathans-assets-declaration

You TANoids must think everyone is silly.

Paragraph 3, Part I of the Third Schedule to the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, provides that the Code of Conduct Bureau shall have power to: (a) receive declarations by public officers made under paragraph 12 of Part I of the Fifth Schedule to this Constitution; (b) examine the declarations in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Conduct or any law; (c) retain custody of such declarations and make them available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria on such terms and conditions as the National Assembly may prescribe.

Pursuant to the aforementioned constitutional provisions and section 2 of the Freedom of Information Act 2011, which states that;

“Notwithstanding anything contained in any other Act, Law or Regulation, the right of any person to access or request information, whether or not contained in any written form, which is in the custody or possession of any public official, agency or institution howsoever described, is hereby established”

That Jonathan blocked AFRICMIL from being allowed to inspect and obtain copies of his completed asset declaration forms which led them to sue the FG is not an excuse to claim that CCB is backed by law to keep the assets declaration information confidential.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 8:33am On May 31, 2015
erico2k2:

you need to re read it yourself, we are talking about transparency here, you for one, do you know what his assets are?the main reason for people in public offices to declare assets is for us the citizens to be able to judge what they own at the beginning of their tenure and what they own at the end so that if anything is out of place they can be held accountable to prove where these extras came from.Now Mr whats your point?
What is this one saying?

My advice to you.......don't dabble into a conversation that's way above your comprehension. But let me oblige you a bit by educating you.

We all know the rationale behind the constitution insisting that public servants declare their assets to the CCB. But the problem with assets declaration with the CCB is that the public is unaware of the assets info, only CCB is. Thus it's only CCB that can be armed with right information to begin a corruption suit against a public servant based on his assets. The public can't because they don't know the assets of the public servant in the first place.

Yar Adua noticed this and tried to be more transparent by declaring his assets publicly even after declaring it with the CCB. This way, both the CCB and the public are in the know. And Nigerians loved him for it. Now Buhari promised to declare his assets publicly, which he hasn't........yet. But Garba Shehu, his media officer, claims that Buhari has fulfilled his promise. Now do you see why we are reacting?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by charlesucheh(m): 8:33am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Face topic or Sharrraaaaap.
he won't cos pple like you still exist.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Azo(m): 8:33am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Moronica. They submitted it on May 28th.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ki02020(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2015
neocortex:

How they did it is the most important factor here , do you know that any official can claim to have declared their asset , but if the public isn't aware of it, it is as good as not d3claring at all.
You are a Nigerian , so I assume you know how scammers do their deeds, secrecy is the scanner's refuge.

Atleast we have their assets info somewhere.....what of those that said they don't give a dam about asset declaration

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by mansmx20(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

you what is your own, why having interest on their asset? Na una type no they allow rain fall angry shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by papoose999(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2015
midolian:
calm down, guy. That's the simple message in my post. Yaradua publicly declared his asset a month after he was sworn in. All I am saying is for us to give these pple time. Its just 48hrs for crying out loud. What if they publicly declare their assets b4 the end of next month? The forms have just bn submitted,,No one knows how far the bureau hav gone to verify what's there in the forms they submitted. So let's just calm down.
i dnt thnk u gt d point buhari spokesman garba shehu has said buhari has fulfild hs campaign promise by declarin hs assest in public..i just av one quest 4 u shey u c am dey did it in secret bro..wake up just 48hours in office he has broke 2 of hs campaign promise

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by charlesucheh(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2015
ARKdiscloser7:
Chai!
This is unacceptable.
They promised that they'll declare the said asset publicly but now they have done is secretly.

We needed to know how poor Buhari is and also how rich he will be while leaving office.

Irresponsibility in the highest order.
Too early to start your opposition madness.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by lastpage: 8:36am On May 31, 2015
erico2k2:

Nah lie, as corrupt as OBJ we all knew he had N20000 when he left prison,PMB says he has just 150 cows abi? and he borrowed money for his campaign, plus he has just one house and he also borrowed money to buy the form,Now would it not be in the public interest to know if he owns 10 houses, 5000 cows,bank balance of 100 million naira,a swizz account? cos if me and you know this information do we need IFA to tell us we have been defrauded? I'm just stating the obvious not that I'm accusing him of anything as he aint been found guilty yet.

If you had expended so much energy on Jona-Daft, the way you are doing barely 24hrs into Buhari's regime, you know you would have got all these things you listed up there, in the first one year of the clueless slowpoke's Govt!

But l guess your problem is Tribalism borne out of hatred and anger coupled with daftness.

Choke on your own faeces and when you are done, you and your likes can Go and Die! tongue tongue tongue
We dont even want you contaminating our Lagoon!
grin grin undecided

Lastpage!
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by OgeniBravo: 8:36am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/
Is there no freedom of information bill again? Why not go to CCB to access the info if you're so desire. What's next please?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 8:37am On May 31, 2015
Nairalanders be like: the president should come and declare his asset and liabilities on Nairaland because the constitution said it should be done publicly... The question now is; is code of conduct beareu a public .sector or private sector?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 8:37am On May 31, 2015
neocortex:

In case you don't know having an "office" means that resources of the state is being allocated to the occupant, it is not just having a four cornered room with furnitures.
Except you can confirm that a single Naira of Nigeria's money will not be spent by Aisha as a "first lady" then I will agree she has no office. But you and I know the practicality of that,you either have a first lady or you don't .
So if you think Bihari hasn't broken his promise let his wife go back to her business since she has no official role constitutionally.

The foolishness of this post is too overwhelming grin
Please go and read up on the meaning of 'office of first lady' in Nigeria before coming here to make noise.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by listica(m): 8:38am On May 31, 2015
midolian:
I understand u now bro,i mean no harm but trying to call someone a fool cos he said his opinion, dont think is wise.one love

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 8:38am On May 31, 2015
Rawani:

Paragraph 3, Part I of the Third Schedule to the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, provides that the Code of Conduct Bureau shall have power to: (a) receive declarations by public officers made under paragraph 12 of Part I of the Fifth Schedule to this Constitution; (b) examine the declarations in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Conduct or any law; (c) retain custody of such declarations and make them available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria on such terms and conditions as the National Assembly may prescribe.
You've not finished citing the law. What are the terms and conditions?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by papoose999(m): 8:39am On May 31, 2015
ki02020:

Atleast we have their assets info somewhere.....what of those that said they don't give a dam about asset declaration
guy dey nvr scam u b4 abi..atleast we av d info smhwr wia my broda..all na scam...if buhari wnts 2 b honest wit hs promise he shud mk it public mk d two of us c everytin dt way it wud b hard 4 dem 2 steal tins d way pple in power steal

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by charlesucheh(m): 8:39am On May 31, 2015
midolian:
I used to think you are one of those in the opposition with good thinking. I am really disappointed, man.

Buhari and Osinbajo only submitted their forms..why not calm down to see what will happen next? The bureau is even yet to verify the items on the form. Giv em time..if you can't bear the heat of being in the opposition, fvck the hell outta this country instead of making a fool of yourself repeatedly.

On the issue of asset declaration, You can see Metuh's reaction as “No comment for now. These are early days. At the moment, we wish them well.”..Now, that is how to be in the opposition..CALM tha fvck down!

You so wish BUhari bad you can't wait for him to fail. Buh interestingly, you are failing a million times b4 he makes a mistake.
That guy is an opposition without brainz!!! I can assure him that Buhari is not corrupt but his mom was disvirgined by 20 garage touts.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by mrmetoo1: 8:39am On May 31, 2015
Rawani:

Pursuant to the aforementioned constitutional provisions and section 2 of the Freedom of Information Act 2011, which states that;

“Notwithstanding anything contained in any other Act, Law or Regulation, the right of any person to access or request information, whether or not contained in any written form, which is in the custody or possession of any public official, agency or institution howsoever described, is hereby established”

That Jonathan blocked AFRICMIL from being allowed to inspect and obtain copies of his completed asset declaration forms which led them to sue the FG is not an excuse to claim that CCB is backed by law to keep the assets declaration information confidential.

Please TANoids read this, it is always good to be knowledgeable and not wallow in perpetual ignorance.

Even your boss Olisah didn't have anything to say. I can't believe I'm saying this but please learn from him
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 8:39am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

The bone of contention is that the APC is already claiming that Buhari has fulfilled his campaign promise of public declaration of assets by submitting his form to the Code of Conduct Bureau. Here's Garba Shehu's comment concerning Buhari fulfilling his assets declaration promise:

We know Buhari is not under any obligation to declare his asset public, It's the lie therein that's infuriating Nigerians.

Which lie therein?
Give him time!!! angry
He will declare it publicly!
He hasn't stated otherwise has he?
Shuo, less than 48hours for that matter. You people really need to calm down with the hatred.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by midolian(m): 8:40am On May 31, 2015
listica:
I understand u now bro,i mean no harm but trying to call someone a fool cos he said his opinion, dont think is wise.one love
alryt..I ll work on that. Thanks
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Chars1289: 8:40am On May 31, 2015
lastpage:

!
I know that is the TANoid list up there! grin grin
Seems they have not recieved the May salary shocked shocked grin grin

Dolts like you ALWAYS...ALWAYS develop Amnesia of the highest order, just in your unending attempt to smear our dear President, Muhammadu Buhari.

First, that Buhari has declared his Assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) WITHIN 24hrs of his inauguration, is a major step forward.
His Vice has done the same.

Secondly, the number of that Asset Declaration form is stated PUBLICLY for all to see.
Now, if you are so much in a hurry to know the contents, simply avail of the FOI (Freedom of information) and REQUEST for it through the appropriate channels.
You wont be the first nor the last to do that.

But even even when Yar Ardua as President, made a Public declaration of his Assets, your Otuoke puppet never did his own "PUBLICLY"!
It is on record that when he was made substantive President, (after the death of Yar Ardua) as he was asked to make even the "official declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau, HE REFUSED TO DO SO!

When asked if h could not just do it to the CCB, as he has done in the past, he callously replied: I WAS FORCED TO DO IT!
That is your Otuoke kleptomaniac for you. A Treasury Looter to the bone.

Your hatred of Buhari (due to the booting out of your moronic Jonathan ...and rightly so!) should have subsided by now because there is nothing you can do about it. tongue tongue
You these foolish Children of "Gra-Gra", ANGER & HATE should sheath your sword...... Jonathan has been confined to the dustbin of history. Period!

So my advice: Get used to it, a New Sheriff is in town otherwise, go enter the Lagoon ASAP.

Long Live President Buhari, God will give you wisdom of Solomon, to the benefit of all Nigerians.

Lastpage!
wisdom like solomon ke.abeg o,read ur bible well,solomon indulged in excessive conspicous consumption during his reign over Isreal.That is not the wisdom we pray for PMB nt to tap from.
Source:1kings 4:20-34

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Shooting At Edo State House Of Assembly, 3 Injured (PHOTOS) / Tony Elumelu Calls Tinubu 'Last Man Standing'. Tinubu Says: 'Still Standing' / Baba Alakyo Is Safe – Ombatse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.