Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. (1133 Views)

John Fashanu & Wife Visit Fani-Kayode & His Wife At Their Home (Photos) / How Dasuki Aided Importation Of Illegal Arms Into Nigeria – NATFORCE / 60% Of Illegal Arms In S/east Produced Locally —presidential C’ttee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. by Titilayodeji13(m): 3:33am On Jun 02, 2015
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/john-fashanu-quizzed-cops-after-5799615

Speaking exclusively to the Daily Mirror,
Fashanu, 52, said: “I was not arrested - I went
to the police station voluntarily.
“I’ll go back tomorrow morning to the police
station. I expect to pay a fine.
“It was an old fashioned firearm. I don’t
actually know what model it is - it’s like a stub
gun.”
Fashanu, who is preparing to fight a bitter
divorce case against his estranged wife Abigail
at Nigeria’s High Court, claimed she called in
cops in revenge for him ending their marriage.
Back in the day: John Fashanu with Paul
Gascoigne as he celebrates his transfer to
Lazio in 1991
He added: “She is trying to do anything to get
back at me. They raided my house after she
filed a petition with the police. She needs to
move on.
“The gun should have been licensed. I made a
mistake and I hold my hands up to that.
“I have the five passports because they belong
to young footballers from my academy. It’s no
problem.”
Police agreed to release Fashanu after
detaining his 2014 edition black land cruiser
jeep as surety.
It is understood police raided Fashanu's home
after his estranged wife Abigail filed a
statement accusing him of having an illegal
firearm and a number of young footballers
from his academy also filed complaints
accusing him of stealing their money.
Re: John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. by HungerBAD: 3:48am On Jun 02, 2015
So he was not arrested? But invited? Anyways I have repeatedly told people, no matter how much you are in love with a woman, keep some stuff away from her.

Samson in the bible learned the hard way.

Women are not bad, women by nature are just vindictive.

4 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. by Nobody: 4:19am On Jun 02, 2015
Re: John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. by Nobody: 4:25am On Jun 02, 2015
I always advise men that after the devil, the next being to be afraid of is woman.

Just imagine her desperation. undecided
Re: John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. by delishpot: 4:33am On Jun 02, 2015
He has passports of people in his house? That na crazy stunt o. What if thief enter his house come steal them?
Anyhoe, let him register the remaing guns o. Nor be when police visit his house again he go find another persin blame for his mistake.
Re: John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. by delishpot: 4:35am On Jun 02, 2015
IdiAmin1:
I always advise men that after the devil, the next being to be afraid of is woman.

Just imagine her desperation. undecided

He siad and you quickly believe because he spoke against a woman ba? If it was the woman that spoke against him, I am sure you would not have stood solidly behind her like this sha.

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. by StealthyMe(m): 5:34am On Jun 02, 2015
Your headline is about an individual who is arrested,the story is about the arrestee declining that he was arrested.

The paradox in that is just wonderful! undecided
Re: John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. by mrcasanova1(m): 6:39am On Jun 02, 2015
StealthyMe:
Your headline is about an individual who is arrested,the story is about the arrestee declining that he was arrested.

The paradox in that is just wonderful! undecided
My thought exactly..

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 02, 2015
am watching
Re: John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. by nsiazu: 7:32am On Jun 02, 2015
Good for him. He is now reaping from his looting of footballers.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Resumes At Defence House, Abuja / Tinubu Wife Snub Saraki / APC Requests Resignation Of Judge Who Called For Aregbesola’s Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.