Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION (29085 Views)

We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku / We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION / Return Jonathan Or Forget One Nigeria – Ijaw People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by iloriolushola(m): 9:45am On Jun 02, 2015
Yenagoa—Eminent sons and daughters of the Ijaw nation have agreed to re-examine the state of the Ijaw ethnic nationality in Nigeria, noting that they will immediately initiate the process of renegotiating the basis of their coexistence with other ethnic nationalities.

They disclosed this position at a Pan Ijaw Stakeholders Summit with the theme “The Ijaw Agenda Beyond May 29, 2015,” held between May 27-29, at Dr. Gabriel Okara Cultural Centre and Ijaw House, Yenogua, the Bayelsa State capital.

Co-hosted by the Ijaw National Congress, INC, and the Bayelsa State Government, the event which witnessed the presentation of papers by notable Ijaw scholars and other resource persons, was graced by more than 1, 500 people drawn from 78 Ijaw clans, traditional institutions, professional and socio-political bodies among others.

The summit in a 13-point communiqué, signed by its Chairman, Prof. Nelson Brambaifa and Secretary, Pastor Power Aginighan, however, thanked Nigerians for the rare opportunity given Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to preside over the affairs of the country.

Among other things the Summit noted that “the Ijaw nation today is at a critical moment in its history and called on all Ijaw leaders, sons and daughters to be united at this auspicious moment for the challenges ahead, adding that “it has expressed its desire for self determination, total rejection of the unjust legal order that robs resource owners of rights to their resources.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/well-renegotiate-our-coexistence-in-nigeria-ijaw-nation/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Chigold101(m): 9:52am On Jun 02, 2015
good...

Modified:
This is the best thing to do because living in this zoo with the born to rule elements is becoming a serious problem.

I wish aguiyi ironsi, saro wiwi and Nnamdi Azikiwe are alive to see the mess they dragged their people into.

Adaka Boro tried it is the Aguiyi Ironsi man that messed up the whole thing because of his short sightedness...

We need independent Lower Niger Republic or Republic of Biafra or even both.... We are tired of living in this zoo called Nigeria...

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 02, 2015
iloriolushola:
Yenagoa—Eminent sons and daughters of the Ijaw nation have agreed to re-examine the state of the Ijaw ethnic nationality in Nigeria, noting that they will immediately initiate the process of renegotiating the basis of their coexistence with other ethnic nationalities.

They disclosed this position at a Pan Ijaw Stakeholders Summit with the theme “The Ijaw Agenda Beyond May 29, 2015,” held between May 27-29, at Dr. Gabriel Okara Cultural Centre and Ijaw House, Yenogua, the Bayelsa State capital.

Co-hosted by the Ijaw National Congress, INC, and the Bayelsa State Government, the event which witnessed the presentation of papers by notable Ijaw scholars and other resource persons, was graced by more than 1, 500 people drawn from 78 Ijaw clans, traditional institutions, professional and socio-political bodies among others.

The summit in a 13-point communiqué, signed by its Chairman, Prof. Nelson Brambaifa and Secretary, Pastor Power Aginighan, however, thanked Nigerians for the rare opportunity given Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to preside over the affairs of the country.

Among other things the Summit noted that “the Ijaw nation today is at a critical moment in its history and called on all Ijaw leaders, sons and daughters to be united at this auspicious moment for the challenges ahead, adding that “it has expressed its desire for self determination, total rejection of the unjust legal order that robs resource owners of rights to their resources.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/well-renegotiate-our-coexistence-in-nigeria-ijaw-nation/

Make all these touts go sleep...

**modified **
I'm from Delta State for those who are in doubt, I'm just not happy the way these thieves up there claim they are fighting for NigerDelta yet they are enriching themselves. What has Asari done in Rivers or Bayelsa? What has Tompolo done in Delta?

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by TechRev: 9:59am On Jun 02, 2015
The Zooo is falling, like humpty dumpty it will yakata and fall jaga-jaga. The damnable zoological republic where evil reigns supreme has to fall and be destroyed.!!! QED!!!! Evil can never rule unchecked and even the evil Mods cant stop it if they like make them ban their Pa--

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 02, 2015
But why is it that hard for the North to stay independent?
Even in marriages, divorce is allowed! Nigeria, pls let my pple go!!!

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Kx: 10:01am On Jun 02, 2015
Another OgonI 9, cum Ken Saro Wiwa saga loading.

The chance was there, the opportunity was begging to be grabbed, but Edwin Clark, Tompolo, Asari Dokubo, amnesty stipends etc
wont let my people see beyond their nose.
The chance is gone with the wind.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 02, 2015
Ijaw people, it is good that you people now see what Nigeria is, but they were feeding guys with stories of how an Igbo-speaking Biafran was your problem and you were buying without checking whether na original. E don clear for una eyes though.

But know this, Biafra will save us all, if you go alone, it may be impossible.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by drtwist(m): 10:08am On Jun 02, 2015
the Urhobo I came from, do we have leaders?
I see other tribe giving their sons and daughters hope of how they will procure better tomorrow.
The Urhobo youth need to stand up and ask question o

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by PedroJP(m): 10:12am On Jun 02, 2015
Fine. Each and every tribe in South South should agitate for freedom whether with Biafra or not. They need to industrialize and diversify their region with oil revenue now oil is still valuable in the World so that in the near future, they wouldn't lose out when those from the Zoo will be ignoring them.

If regions in SS do not pile their woods now in a dry season, i wonder what they will do when it's pouring down heavily.

Biafra is already here and nothing can stop its flaming progress.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by sigain: 10:17am On Jun 02, 2015
Well, not bad. but there are many important things u can gather for within your tribe that will change your people for good if truly you all have a good intentions.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 02, 2015
Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 02, 2015
Lalasticlala

Ishilove
Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 02, 2015
Barcanista

Dearpreye

NDVPF

mcquin
Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 02, 2015
Datazone:

Make all these touts go sleep...

It's your entire useless generation that are touts!

What's your business with our cause, YOU idiotic coward?

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 02, 2015
It's indeed a very welcome development.

Any step whatsoever that will make for progress in the nation is welcomed by me- even if it means us looking at the path of self determination.

Enough of the crumbs.

God bless us all.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 02, 2015
Let's see what the slaves will say.
They hate Ijaws for clamoring for resources control.
They hate Igbos for pushing for Biafra.
They love the Gambari domination ideology.
They stand for nothing on their own

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by POPdecorator: 10:34am On Jun 02, 2015
Editor1:

Even in marriages, divorce is allowed!
Nigeria, pls let my pple go!!!
to prison

8 Likes

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by POPdecorator: 10:34am On Jun 02, 2015
Editor1:

Even in marriages, divorce is allowed!
Nigeria, pls let my pple go!!!
to hell?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 02, 2015
“the Ijaw nation today is at a critical moment in its history and called on all Ijaw leaders, sons and daughters to be united at this auspicious moment for the challenges ahead, adding that “it has expressed its desire for self determination, total rejection of the unjust legal order that robs resource owners of rights to their resources.”
I don't understand why the Nigeria State is afraid of renogotiating with all ethnic nationalities within the State. The demand of the Ijaw nation is a very noble and legitimate one. I urge the Nigerian State to give it the utmost attention and even extend same to every ethnic nationalities. If Nigeria must move forward, there must be solid foundation. If the State think otherwise, then it should call for a referendum.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 02, 2015
dearpreye:

It's your entire generation that are touts!
What's your business with our cause? Coward!
Na your father head be tout...mumu

6 Likes

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 02, 2015
my kinsmen have lost it

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by sammyj: 10:50am On Jun 02, 2015
Story for the gods. Rather for them to focus on development in the S/S they are busy chasing Phantom. Joblessness at work !!! cheesy shocked grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by zendy: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2015
iloriolushola:

I'm happy that the Niger-Delta are waking up. The disintegration of Nigeria is but a matter of time. All I can say to the minorities of the SS is that you have only 3 options:

1. Stay in Nigeria and remain a slave of the whims and caprices of Northern hegemony.

2. Join Igbos in Biafra

3. Seek for the Republic of the Niger-Delta

A word is enough for the wise but a sentence is never enough for a fool.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by IGBOSON1: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2015
drtwist:
the Urhobo I came from, do we have leaders?
I see other tribe given their sons and daughters hope of how they will procure better tomorrow.
The Urhobo youth need to stand up and ask question o

^^^ Apparently the Urhobo (and Itsekiri) are happy with the status-quo!

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by truefact: 10:58am On Jun 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:

You said it all...I wonder why they have no sophisticatical clamoring for oduastan. ..they have no mind of their own..... perhaps they are waiting for their masters to tell them what to do...Shameless ritualistic tribe...voodoo people. .
Scratch faced cone heads...sophisticated and progressive my as.s

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by BlackTechnology: 10:58am On Jun 02, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:
my kinsmen have lost it

So Scottish people who seek for referendum last year lost it also

Guy you just confirmed that your parentage are not pure Ijaw blood angry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 02, 2015
It's very obvious that everyone is tired of the so called zoo Nigeria. .....

up biafra

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 02, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:
my kinsmen have lost it
by there fruit we shall know them

ofe mmanu

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by superstar1(m): 11:03am On Jun 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:

The 5th class citizen of the Nigerian State and our dear slaves, we are your master and lords. We will release you when we are done with our slaves.

For now keep enjoying the servitude you have been ordained to always do.

They want Biafra, they keep running away from there daily.

They want Biafra, their supposed best brains are not even in their land.

They want Biafra and their investments are not even on their gully eroded land.

See classical example of chamelonic deception.

36 Likes

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 02, 2015
Its a lost cause! If dem like make dem no stop for summit n communiqué, make dem add workshop, training, induction and symposium join... That number 1 seat for naija, dia generation to come no go smell not to talk of taste forever! Ground pikin way person no fit put for bed!

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 02, 2015
Hmmm

Like most tribes in Nigeria...the Ijaw are ready to talk about how the money is shared....but about good governance, good leadership,etc.....silence.

Look....an Ijaw man is not in charge anymore. But in your states, you have LG chairmen, Governors...who are Ijaw. I know what I am saying is not going to be popular.....but why don't you go home and tell them to do the needful things...like investing in education...esp technical education, innovation, and technology....so that your state can be really developed.

And what I am saying to the Ijaws, I am saying to all Nigerians...especially the Hausas,Yorubas and Igbos. Go and tell your governors and LG chairmen to run your state/LG well. All this talk about restructuring Nigeria....it is because we are running out of money to share thanks to corruption at all levels...including ironically by some of those new advocates for restructuring....that we are now crying for restructuring. Meanwhile...we have more serious problems. And nothing is being done about them at all.

(Nigerians won't do the above because they prefer to share money....rather than to work for money. If we had committed to a programme of industrial development since the 1970's...when we actually had an industrial sector.....Nigeria would have been a world leader by now.Not first world...but at the level of an Asian Tiger. But Nigerians prefer to be kept wives of rich and wealthy men grin).

You cannot restructure Nigeria without restructuring the people....and if you persist...you will end in destruction.

I wonder....what solutions have Ijaw people designed for the pollution in their soils/waters? Developing such solutions could provide jobs and make many people prosperous.Plus....why can't Nigeria build machines/refineries for our oil industry? Why are we waiting for the Whites and Asians to save us? Why aren't Rivers and Bayelsa leaders in oil industry technology? Why isn't anything being done about bad leadership? Why?

Nigerians need to restructure themselves. Or else....we can have the SNC /True federalism today....and tomorrow, it would just be old wine in new bottles. The exploiters will just change uniforms and keep on exploiting.

Time we stopped blaming others and started blaming ourselves. That's where the true federalism/restructuring starts.

My opinion.

38 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Vs Kayode Ogundamisi On Live UK TV Interview / Pictures Of BBN's Cross Okonkwo And Atiku / Arrest Asari Dokubo Now - Middle Belt Forum Patron Tells Security Operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.