Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,610 members, 7,827,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY (34132 Views)

Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. / Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst / My Mechanic Has Done It Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Konnektions146(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
Eyop:

Chibabe3,you and this your passion for Corolla cheesy. Step up biko,life is too short to be driving boring cars tongue.

Broda,

Please I need some help with my w203, some AC Issues(Intermittent switching off and on)--Guys around here are wack . Any reliable person you know around AKwaCross region?
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by elvision1(m): 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
For lack of someone to quote among U all in favour of gizzuzz are just being onesided. Hoodboy just stated what he went through and i can bet most of you would do worse if treated thesame way. Its shit actually coming that distance and being ignored. I go swear for the person!. So becus u ve all patronized gazzuzz hes now of no blemish abi? Speak for yourselves lest u sound foolish when d truth is out. Btw dat girl dat said hes d best in lagos. Haba! Lyk some1 pointed out dat shud b an hyperbole. Na lagos we dey nah! I even knw of a mechanic in my vicinity here that is so good hes getting a foreign contract for repairs and production. Everybody na master for im lane.

9 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Eyop: 10:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
Konnektions146:

Broda,

Please I need some help with my w203, some AC Issues(Intermittent switching off and on)--Guys around here are wack . Any reliable person you know around AKwaCross region?

Unfortunately bro, i don't know of anyone in that region that could be of help. That should be an electrical related issue. That's the problem with Akwa-cross region finding a reliable person to handle benz. If you are around port harcourt,auhanson should be of help.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by GANDALF1(m): 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
Even if gazuzz or wateva they call him is the best and cheapest mechanic in the world, I will spend 10times over in other not to patronise him, given the attitude he displayed on this thread.

Brands like his dont last.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by phemocheee(m): 10:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
elvision1:
For lack of someone to quote among U all in favour of gizzuzz are just being onesided. Hoodboy just stated what he went through and i can bet most of you would do worse if treated thesame way. Its shit actually coming that distance and being ignored. I go swear for the person!. So becus u ve all patronized gazzuzz hes now of no blemish abi? Speak for yourselves lest u sound foolish when d truth is out. Btw dat girl dat said hes d best in lagos. Haba! Lyk some1 pointed out dat shud b an hyperbole. Na lagos we dey nah! I even knw of a mechanic in my vicinity here that is so good hes getting a foreign contract for repairs and production. Everybody na master for im lane.

I really love your post. Auto mechanics scamming car owners since the days of NOAH. There is nothing bad in what hoodboy did as far as I'm concerned. Why should a mechanic tell me I can't follow him to the market to buy my car engine if nothing shady was involved. Auto mechanics will collect professional fees and still want to out smart you on parts purchase... HABA.... May God forgive them all... Abeg i no wan hear say na matter of principles or standard o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by mechanics(m): 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
missKiffy:
Change mechanic nah
lolz, u study engineering?
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by chomytex(f): 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ode go n get a life...oga iberibe!
ogawisdom:

Who is this maggot
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:48am On Jul 14, 2015
these is a trade secret, mechanics we always benefit both from the labour and parts

whenever we source parts we look for cheaper quotes and we charge clients a bit higher thereby making a profit on a part that you are not even paying for, the money is an extra to the labour

we always do that to clients that want to hassle on the labour they want to pay peanuts so you get them on parts

but as for guzz sometimes you need to play a fool in order to keep a clients or let the client do the advertising for you through good service to them

from my own judgement its either he was going to get a cheaper engine and pocket the difference or repair it at lesser cost but charge the client for the engine replacement

once in while in our workshop we take the client to auto parts supplier i do the talking and the client pays, it still get my labour

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by nobul(m): 5:01am On Jul 14, 2015
Get across to.me on my 08066533163 engineer I'd.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by ogawisdom(m): 5:50am On Jul 14, 2015
chomytex:
Ode go n get a life...oga iberibe!

Onukwu odeku if u see me u will lie down to greet me. Ewu anuofia
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 14, 2015
Eyop:

Chibabe3,you and this your passion for Corolla cheesy. Step up biko,life is too short to be driving boring cars tongue.
grin it's good for everyday runs, reliable. Luxury can com on weekends.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by chomytex(f): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2015
F*ck off my mention pls! Anuofia
ogawisdom:

Onukwu odeku if u see me u will lie down to greet me. Ewu anuofia
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by missKiffy(f): 8:50am On Jul 14, 2015
mechanics:
lolz, u study engineering?
Nah
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by numericalguy(m): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2015
I think this GAZZUZZ guy is begning to act like a peacock with an overbloated ego. Last time checked his last name is not Dangote.

Because you are good at what you do doesn't give you the right to humilate your customers, even if you feel you are doing them a "big favour" besides, he was going to pay you for your services with his HARD EARNED money.

Gazzuzz's attitude on this thread reeks of arrogance.

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by jektony(m): 10:24am On Jul 14, 2015
Pls professionals in the house help, i had my 2001 Nissan Maxima Scanned and these were the results:

P1211
P0180
P0141
P0720
P0135

I need help interpreting these error codes!....Matured reply pls!
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by eherbal(m): 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Evil, wicked grin grin

CC eherbal, lomomike,
You say tink say na everybody go like lipsrsealed like you. I sure say you don collect the chick no. Next thing na to carry ya moto go dia for repairs grin
On a Lighter note, I read what transpired between you and hoodboy. The niggas hurting Bad. Good thing you owned Up on the way he was treated. Some of us here know you personally and can vouch for your hardwork, honesty ,and sillyness grin.the few times we've been to the market to get parts has always been On your insistence. I've seen you quote price of parts you bought for customers without adding a dime, and that really endeared me to you. If I was the one who asked to follow you to the market, and you reacted that way, I would've apologised. But hoodboy has just established a relationship with that's just a few days old, so there was no way he could've known how you operate . My Nigga, Customer is King.He must've met you in a Bad mood on a Bad day .Afterall we're all humans and are allowed our 5mins. I won't go with peeps here asking him to beg you. I see them as bootlickers and hypocrites ,cause they won't take same if it's dished out to them same way.
My friend, like some unbiased peeps has positioned, extend an e-handshake to hoodboy, and let bygones be bygones. Haters will capitalise on this to heat the polity. I know you. You're good people. cool
God Bless The Garage

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by ogawisdom(m): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
chomytex:

F*ck off my mention pls! Anuofia

Ppl lik u shld ve been aborted to save d world ur extreme stupidity. Aturu
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
abatically:

U are right. But when u take ur car places like automedics or Honda place, do u also follow them to get parts? It is a simple policy, if someone says u can't follow them to get parts, there are 2 choices. Either u accept, or u disagree and take ur car elsewhere. It doesn't mean the mechanic is a bad person.

i now know why most professionals wont allow a client to market. Earlier this year, a woman's highlander got warped cylinder due to overheating which she obviously caused. She brought the car to a mech behind my place to fix where he told her the engine was condemned and a new 1mz-fe must be installed. She said they must go to Zuba sparepart market together. On arrival, she said the mechanic cant tell her the trader she must buy part from, so she went to some random part seller who sold 1mz-fe (sienna engine and not highlander's engine) with only 3 days guarantee. Angrily, she started yelling and cussing the seller and threatening him. The man gave her 1 week refund waranty and sold the engine 150,000 as against 120,000 for sienna 1mz and 130,000 for highlander's 1mz engine. To cut story short, the engine got damaged and waranty became null and void. Another 130,000 plus 50,000 labour for highlander 1mz engine before car started moving again.

Presently, i have a client who needed doors and fitted kitchen, i told him price he refused and insisted it was high. Cut story short, hes buying the kitchen and doors 470,000 above my quoted price my labour fee excluded.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by mikeywise(m): 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
lomomike:

i now know why most professionals wont allow a client to market. Earlier this year, a woman's highlander got warped cylinder due to overheating which she obviously caused. She brought the car to a mech behind my place to fix where he told her the engine was condemned and a new 1mz-fe must be installed. She said they must go to Zuba sparepart market together. On arrival, she said the mechanic cant tell her the trader she must buy part from, so she went to some random part seller who sold 1mz-fe (sienna engine and not highlander's engine) with only 3 days guarantee. Angrily, she started yelling and cussing the seller and threatening him. The man gave her 1 week refund waranty and sold the engine 150,000 as against 120,000 for sienna 1mz and 130,000 for highlander's 1mz engine. To cut story short, the engine got damaged and waranty became null and void. Another 130,000 plus 50,000 labour for highlander 1mz engine before car started moving again.

Presently, i have a client who needed doors and fitted kitchen, i told him price he refused and insisted it was high. Cut story short, hes buying the kitchen and doors 470,000 above my quoted price my labour fee excluded.
Hello lokomike, are you a mechanic and are you in abuja?
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by chomytex(f): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
Bia nwoke m mechie onu
ogawisdom:

Ppl lik u shld ve been aborted to save d world ur extreme stupidity. Aturu
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
mikeywise:
Hello lokomike, are you a mechanic and are you in abuja?
I'm based in Abuja, what's wrong with your car bro?
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by mechanics(m): 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
missKiffy:
Nah
ok, its gud u ave interest in automobiles.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by jektony(m): 10:11am On Jul 15, 2015
jektony:
Pls professionals in the house help, i had my 2001 Nissan Maxima Scanned and these were the results:

P1211
P0180
P0141
P0720
P0135

I need help interpreting these error codes!....Matured reply pls!

Y is no one giving me attention?
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
jektony:

Y is no one giving me attention?
$
You are derailing.

Post here I will reply.

https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/16
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Abdulahmusty206(m): 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
You have to atleast know something abt your car, because there are minor things that do not require the help of mechanics, I mean you can repair it yourself
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by ogawisdom(m): 8:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
chomytex:
Bia nwoke m mechie onu

Ezi iche na ebe obuna ka I gana amachaghari
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by eherbal(m): 2:55am On Jul 16, 2015
ogawisdom:

Ezi iche na ebe obuna ka I gana amachaghari

chomytex:
Bia nwoke m mechie onu
Love Birds Mating Ritual grin grin grin
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by redcliff: 9:35am On Jul 16, 2015
raptor123:

abeg mayor stop talking nonsense, i AS THE OWNER OF THE CAR MUST FOLLOW YOU TO THE MARKET SHIKENA

The hidden underlying reason for your arguement might just be because of the price at which he billed you and which he got the engine and nothing else
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by redcliff: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2015
mmrius:
Most Nigerian mechanics are thieving bas.tards. Never trust them with your car. The only language they understand is that of the soldier's wipe.

You killd me! grin
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by redcliff: 9:51am On Jul 16, 2015
phemocheee:

I really love your post. Auto mechanics scamming car owners since the days of NOAH. There is nothing bad in what hoodboy did as far as I'm concerned. Why should a mechanic tell me I can't follow him to the market to buy my car engine if nothing shady was involved. Auto mechanics will collect professional fees and still want to out smart you on parts purchase... HABA.... May God forgive them all... Abeg i no wan hear say na matter of principles or standard o

This is what i want to comment on. The so called professional mechanics are fond of this. They would put the car part prices so steep and still charge you high professional fees. Its okay if you include logistics and handling prices on the parts but you have to be reasonable and honest about it. If you wish to be an expensive mechanic then let that show in your professional fees. rather they add up to 20 percent or more of the price of the parts they want to get for you.. i think this is absurd.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by chomytex(f): 11:52am On Jul 16, 2015
Lol m sorry bt I don't mate with fools
eherbal:

Love Birds Mating Ritual grin grin grin
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by jektony(m): 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
$
You are derailing.

Post here I will reply.

https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/16

Ok Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria / LAWMA Truck Crushes Four SUV Cars At 1004 Estate,VI,Lagos(pics) / Words Used To Describe Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.