Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY (34600 Views)

Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. / Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst / My Mechanic Has Done It Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
mikeywise:

Hello lokomike, are you a mechanic and are you in abuja?
We had an appointment today as suggested by you, I purposely didn't go to stay in my site, but took time out to visit car spareparts shops for my friends, alas! you didn't honour our appointment.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by mikeywise(m): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
lomomike:

We had an appointment today as suggested by you, I purposely didn't go to stay in my site, but took time out to visit car spareparts shops for my friends, alas! you didn't honour our appointment.
My brother please forgive me, my baby was sick. We were at the hospital all day.i saw your calls, will call you tomorow.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Ubyisaac40(m): 11:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=robedu post=34341470]I drive toyota avensis 2007.

And my mechanic is making life a living hell for me, when the car has issue, most times i cannot be repaired once, he will repair the first, bring it and the same thing will happen and he will do it again, sometimes it takes up to 3 to 4 times to get one issue resolved.

The one that happen now is so annoying, last week the car accelerator at some point will not move fast even if you press with all your power and finally it will stop. and then i will start it again.

My Mechanic came to pick it up, fix it and bring it for me on Sunday and on Monday the same thing happen
call one here with 08140921499
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by hottadiva(f): 11:00am On Aug 05, 2015
Hi Robedu, can you kindly contact me on hottadiva@gmail.com . There's something I'll like to talk to you about. Or please send your mail. It's urgent please.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
ehie:
this gauzz behaves like a typical Nigerian bussinessman, once he starts touching small small change, he feels too big, na pride dey kill people and businesses, failed businessmen are all around like flies
d funniest part us dat.... he is not even defending himself dat makes me believe wot hoodboy is saying
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Evil, wicked grin grin

CC eherbal, lomomike,
Mr Gazzuz......... u r losimg customers with your attitude #pride comes before d fall"...........
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:21am On Aug 10, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
Mr Gazzuz......... u r losimg customers with your attitude #pride comes before d fall"...........

#Aproko

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlSX1XWo3WWT-FfCYYzAGn3ITBKvRqSafibUOsJ2I3IfYWy_LHKA[/img]

Meanwhile there's a standard i have set which involves the customer bringing his own parts or I supply the parts. There is no middle ground. Do you go to toyota or Briscoe or mandilas or omoregie motors or automedics and ask the owner of the place to follow you to buy a part in the market? I can not please every one, there will always be dissatisfied customers.

This thread is stale and is not about me.

Stop derailing.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by willibounce1(m): 12:02am On Aug 13, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

#Aproko

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlSX1XWo3WWT-FfCYYzAGn3ITBKvRqSafibUOsJ2I3IfYWy_LHKA[/im

Meanwhile there's a standard i have set which involves the customer bringing his own parts or I supply the parts. There is no middle ground. Do you go to toyota or Briscoe or mandilas or omoregie motors or automedics and ask the owner of the place to follow you to buy a part in the market? I can not please every one, there will always be dissatisfied customers.

This thread is stale and is not about me.

Stop derailing.

Oga keep quiet. You sound very annoying with this ur none sense bragging. You are not briscoe or automedic.

If u are truly honest, you should even be the one to suggest to your customers to follow u to get the spare parts. That's how you build trust and by the time you mention the amount u are charging for workmanship, no body will argue with u cos they already trust you to be honest with the parts.

All of u mechanics are the same. You won chop additional money for spare parts, you con dey form agidi.

If na me u do this kain tin, I go break bottle for your head ni. Mechanic wey quality timba for lagos o. No go let ur head dey swell because some ppl dey support you. IRANU
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
LastProphet:
Avensis is a hopeless car, anything beyond 100,000 kms it burns the top cylinder, dont ever race an Avensis, drive it slugisshly. Sell it and buy another car after good research. You must change the top if you havent done that already

Your comment with regards the reliability of the Toyota Avensis engine is baseless, and dare I say daft.

The 1ZZ-FE and 1AZ-FE engines are used in RAV-4, Camry, Carina, Corona, Corolla and countless other Toyota models. I am not a Toyota fan, but I will say this - the Toyota Corolla is amongst the most reliable cars in the world. I hope your deluded conclusion includes virtually all small to medium-sized Toyota (inc. RAV-4) that use the above mentioned engines?

I am contracted to Toyota UK as a Diagnostic Technician. The Avensis is super reliable. Many are used as taxi cabs here, some with mileage as high as 500,000 miles and still going strong. Same engine, nothing bar routine maintenance and servicing.

And for the record, I have NEVER replaced a cylinder head gasket on any Toyota 1ZZ or 1AZ engine.

Unreliable? You're an unreliable informant. Why would you advise anyone to replace a cylinder head gasket on a healthy engine, just because it has covered 100,000 miles? Read your own "advice", and see if it makes any sense.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by freshvine(f): 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
willibounce1:

Oga keep quiet. You sound very annoying with this ur none sense bragging. You are not briscoe or automedic.

If u are truly honest, you should even be the one to suggest to your customers to follow u to get the spare parts. That's how you build trust and by the time you mention the amount u are charging for workmanship, no body will argue with u cos they already trust you to be honest with the parts.

All of u mechanics are the same. You won chop additional money for spare parts, you con dey form agidi.

If na me u do this kain tin, I go break bottle for your head ni. Mechanic wey quality timba for lagos o. No go let ur head dey swell because some ppl dey support you. IRANU

There's something called company policy.

He has repeatedly said he is not a kazeem but a professional and professionals get 'packages' that might be distasteful to clients.

Will you term a doctor bad because he allowed an emergency patient died in his clinic because the relative weren't able to provide deposit even when you know his statutory job is to save lives?

We shouldn't mix business with emotion.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by dvdami(m): 7:49am On Aug 30, 2019
abatically:
If u want ur car to be fixed on lower budget then u need to endorse the act of DIY. I'm not saying u should turn to a mechanic, but u should at least have basic knowledge on how ur car works. U can't just drop ur car with a mechanic and he brings it back to u without u knowing what was wrong with it, what he fixed or changed. Also get urself a scanner, there are cheap ones that are less than 20k. Get the codes and start troubleshooting from there.

Exactly! Get yourself a car scanner.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by okoroemeka(m): 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
Whizpeter:
Scan ya car and send the codes here, maybe gazzuzz would help
my brother not every problem is scannable,u can have shaft problem,tie rod,linkage,bushings, steering,hub,bearings, engine and gear sit,etc,cannot be scanned,one of the best solution I use is to take out time and take my car to the mechanic and stay till the job is done,I buy replacement parts myself,I don't give anybody shit,those guys are terrible,do you seriously think you can give a mechanic ₦15,000 to buy Mobil 1 and change your car oil,very funny,he will go and get base oil of ₦2000 and change it and bring empty Mobil 1 gallon and put inside your car,some will even loose the oil filter wash it with fuel and put it back.these guys are terrible when they are bankrupt and desperate they can do anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Partners With Innoson To Build Nigeria's First Aircraft / How To Cook Food On Your Car's Engine (Photos) / How Auto Dealers Lost Cars Worth N500m To Lagos Pipeline Fire (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.