Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President (43585 Views)

Rohr Vows To Resign In November If Nigeria Doesn't Win The World Cup Ticket / Infantino With Ifeanyi Ubah: As FIFA Keys Into ‘Football Made In Anambra’ / Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by manuch(m): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
LUIS FIGO FOR PRESIDENT
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Odaveboy(m): 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good one..........the man wan turn fifa to him papa's family chieftaincy title.....
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Godson201333(m): 7:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
MosakuAW:
Good news! How can someone rule for 16years.

I tot ruling for long period only happens in Africa.

Fifa needs to put a lot of things in place and the new president must get it right.

Bye bye Blatter, u can as well join GEJ in Otuke.

Yes oo The man is a criminal....He should be on his way to Otuoke soon...

Im booking a one way ticket for him right now....
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
Platini or Pele should be the next fifa president.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by justwise(m): 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
peegirl:

Issa is there o. But he is next in line because African football can never grow beyond wat it is with criminals like him.

Africans are used to corrupt and thieving leaders so I don't see them kicking Issa out any soon
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by klax(m): 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
Better enough of Blatter the next person to go is Isa Ayatou CAF sit up president.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Lekmusic: 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
USA never wanted him there. He was too close to Putin. Russia's quest to host the world cup will come under some heavy attack
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by apolonius(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
The chief mafioso of FIFA is finally out.Thanks to the occasional progressive imperialism of the US and the irrepressible Platini.

Better years are ahead for the round-leather game!
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by ayo26(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
superstar1:
He must have been indicted one way or the other.

Like you understand how American and British Intelligence work...I'm sure he didn't just decide to step down willingly...Something is fishy about it.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by holuphisayor(m): 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
17 years no be joke ....change is here
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Okijajuju1(m): 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
For everything that Blatter was, he would be remembered for send the World Cup to all parts of the world including Asia (Korea/Japan), Africa (South Africa 2010) and the Middle East..

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by justwise(m): 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
jidebaba69:

When fish wants to rot it starts from the head,
Blatter can't claim that he knows nothing about what's going on because if its so then he doesn't deserve to be there!

Your days are numbered when the only friend you have is Putin
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by galadima77(m): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
I think some people in the United states are not okay with the hosting right handed to Russia...

my opinion though

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Ayietim(m): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
Why do you have to save the best for the last when you can always have the best? But only those who believe that they were created by God to be the very best can always have the best.
http://ayietim.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Stelina(f): 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
About time
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by midephresh1(m): 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
Nic3 one!!! Wind of change blowing everywh3re:::::
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Teespice(f): 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
the pressure was too much. it wasn't as if he wanted to leave before.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by cabaliciouscabal: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2015
Fifa Fifa Fifa, Blatter u quietly disgraced ur self, thief no wonder he was bent dat Nigerian govt should not probe sanity lulu and d rest, d name Blatter is no longer worth one India rupee. Shame to Blatter and his cohorts. Is a Hayatou is next, old cows.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Chestar5(f): 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
That is good to hear8) but i dont carecry
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by daveP(m): 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
He's 12years younger than Mugabe!!! He gave Hayatou this edge that "Inasmuch you're still there, i too can still flex jare" feeling.

And please, i dont want uefa's replacement.

Heard a lil about Luis Figo sha, but platini No way.

They've wired all the mentality to business as usual and killed the game and hanged its development on the gallows facing alaska.

Africa needs development (league-wise), and so also more slots, etc that Fifa abandoned.

Its only when it comes to ban they were concerned and superior about us. Let all of them clearwell. These old bags should clearwell!

13slots to europe. What benefit has it even done sef??

(rings bell in belfry) Blatter aside!!
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by seunfape(m): 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
pinick and Danagogo need to face such accusation in Nigeria here. i no like them atall
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by sultan003(m): 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
cabaliciouscabal:
Fifa Fifa Fifa, Blatter u quietly disgraced ur self, thief no wonder he was bent dat Nigerian govt should not probe sanity lulu and d rest, d name Blatter is no longer worth one India rupee. Shame to Blatter and his cohorts. Is a Hayatou is next, old cows.

you will start crying when fifa goes back to the way it was before 1974.... the battle was for the soul of fifa, blatter stood in the way

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by daveP(m): 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
Lekmusic:
USA never wanted him there. He was too close to Putin. Russia's quest to host the world cup will come under some heavy attack
i heard about this but brushed it aside. Too many stuff. Who knows... Afterall the hulaboohoo, yet politics and the game are twins from the same womb. And to think he wanted to sanction us for this very act.......

USA always picking the smart moves
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Shollarh(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
Oh My God!!! angry Now I'll have to memorise a new name for FIFA President! angry
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
Shymm3x:

That's what folks don't.

These folks are trying to hijack FIFA from the blindside and turn it into IOC whereby only selected countries are allowed to host the competition, despite the fact that developing countries have the highest number of votes in the body.

EU aren't a party to this madness. England is bitter cos Prince William who's also the head of the FA got jilted despite travelling there to represent England's bid, and I believe it was meant to be his wedding present. Maybe that's understandable, maybe not. However, the yanks don't even play football - they suck at it. And they hosted one in 1994 via fraudulent means - why are they hell bent on hosting another one?

Yo Shy....so you think that developing countries should host the Olympics?

With our finances the way they are?

Have you forgotten what hosting the Olympics did to Greece's economy? And how just last year Montreal finally finished paying the debt they owed for hosting the 1976 Olympics?

Olympics are difficult for developed countries.(Only Barcelona in Spain can say they have benefited from hosting the Olympics in the last few decades). For developing countries like Nigeria.....disaster.

Plus....FIFA is corrupt. Yes...I know all about the English bitterness....but FIFA is corrupt.How it is going to be cleaned up is another story.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by DEIFIED(m): 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
Wowww, finally.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2015
sultan003:

you will start crying when fifa goes back to the way it was before 1974.... the battle was for the soul of fifa, blatter stood in the way

I doubt Platini would return things back to 74...that would lead to a mass walkout.

As for the whole FIFA corruption thing...the whole investigation started when some CONCACAF officials started moving cash illegally using American banks and companies...and that attracted the attention of the FBI.

I doubt the Americans care who heads FIFA.....soccer is hardly on their radar.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by sultan003(m): 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Have you forgotten what hosting the Olympics did to Greece's economy? And how just last year Montreal finally finished paying the debt they owed for hosting the 1976 Olympics?

Olympics are difficult for developed countries.(Only Barcelona in Spain can say they have benefited from hosting the Olympics in the last few decades). For developing countries like Nigeria.....disaster.

Plus....FIFA is corrupt. Yes...I know all about the English bitterness....but FIFA is corrupt.How it is going to be cleaned up is another story.

is qatar not about to host the world cup? south africa hosted it, are they in debt?

even those carryin out this investigation are corrupt and biased, if not they should be arresting clinton, beckenbaur, platini and his son.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by daveP(m): 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
bushdoc9919:

hmmmmmmm!

So he went there to get a bday present and was disappointed? grin
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
sultan003:

is qatar not about to host the world cup? south africa hosted it, are they in debt?

even those carryin out this investigation are corrupt and biased, if not they should be arresting clinton, beckenbaur, platini and his son.

Qatar is quite rich enough to host the world cup.

South Africa hosted the cup...because they had the money.Impact remains to be seen.

Plus.....platini and co.....have not been indicted yet. Clinton might be. Still early days yet....and remember...the whole thing started because some FIFA officials laundered money via US banks. Big mistake.If Platinit and co did that...they will be in the FBI's net soon too.

Anti-imperalisim does not excuse corrupt behaviour. Or do you want FIFA to collapse financially because people are allowed to steal cash unchecked.?
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by pek(m): 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2015
just few days after the elections? why did he contest in the first place? he knew he was not wanted though I blame car for voting him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kelechi Nwakali Donates N86M To ASJ Of Eziobodo, First Academy / Esimaje Awani: NFF Has Not Paid Me For Super Eagles World Cup Outfits / AFCON: Huges Ngouelondele, DR Congo Sports Minister Beaten On Arrival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.