Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President (43555 Views)

Rohr Vows To Resign In November If Nigeria Doesn't Win The World Cup Ticket / Infantino With Ifeanyi Ubah: As FIFA Keys Into ‘Football Made In Anambra’ / Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by daveP(m): 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2015
I used to sleep when my elder bro used to tell his usual "fifa is corrupt" years back(he was the reason i thought that once u mention fifa, it is another name for sepp blatter) honestly i dont want platini near there as well. Once again, the yanks helping some assis.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by poiZon: 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
APC guys go say thank God baba is working!
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Shymm3x: 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Yo Shy....so you think that developing countries should host the Olympics?

With our finances the way they are?

Have you forgotten what hosting the Olympics did to Greece's economy? And how just last year Montreal finally finished paying the debt they owed for hosting the 1976 Olympics?

Olympics are difficult for developed countries.(Only Barcelona in Spain can say they have benefited from hosting the Olympics in the last few decades). For developing countries like Nigeria.....disaster.

Plus....FIFA is corrupt. Yes...I know all about the English bitterness....but FIFA is corrupt.How it is going to be cleaned up is another story.

Err, it wasn't the Olympics that destroyed the Greek economy - the Greek economy was already sitting on a powder-keg and it was only a matter of time before it exploded. And don't forget the fact that Greece also never recovered from the global recession.

The UK for example made a lot of profit from the 2012 Olympics, ditto how it sped up infrastructural development in the East End of the city. Thus changing the face of London forever. That's the spirit of the sports and the Olympics or any global competition shouldn't be reserved as an exclusive rights for certain countries. Yes, I understand the fact that it involves a lot of things - but South Africa proved that you can host a major tournament, by infusing certain things that are unique to you, to make-up for other things that you lack. The tournament was a success and it proved a lot of doubters wrong.

Is FIFA corrupt? - absolutely yes. However, is it the only corrupt body out there? UEFA is just as corrupt as FIFA - ditto CONCACAF, which the US is a member of. And isn't it shocking that most of the folks implicated in the scandal are from CONCACAF? That shows they're not really out to stop corrupt practices in FIFA - just out to get those who made them lose both the 2018 and 2022 world cup bids. The whole facade is just a smokescreen - most folks can see through it.

4 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by bakila: 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
dapyd1:
It's long past due.
You claim not to be corrupt, but under your watch as president many scandals occurred, there were bribery cases left, right and centre. Almost all the executives that have served with you have been arrested.
There has been a sickening level of corruption in football federations across the globe, especially Africa which you defend.
And you claim to be a saint.
This man should be probed.
Nigerians are more honourable than FIFA. Have a regime tainted by heavy corruption we sack you.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by rad8(m): 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good...remaining isa Hayatou
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by sultan003(m): 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I doubt Platini would return things back to 74...that would lead to a mass walkout.

As for the whole FIFA corruption thing...the whole investigation started when some CONCACAF officials started moving cash illegally using American banks and companies...and that attracted the attention of the FBI.

I doubt the Americans care who heads FIFA.....soccer is hardly on their radar.

I think they will, before the congress on friday or Saturday, europe and the European press were crying about how the votes of countries like Suriname with etc counts as the same same uk or italy.... I was like WTF, is football not 11 vs 11, or is it now population vs population. they clearly want to undermine the southern hemisphere
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by fe32(m): 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
to quote one english dude.....

So now the decks can be cleared for a 'proper' Eurocentric FIFA - based on the ethical values of the British Banking system and US politics...wonderful...
I have no particular regard for Blatter and his chums. They will no doubt be replaced by equally corrupt insiders from the Western block, who will try to ensure that Russia's hosting of the Cup is seriously affected, if not completely abandoned.
There was no way that the USA's internal Government, who are dedicated to the isolation of Russia and the return to a divided Europe, were ever going to sit back and let the 2018 World Cup go ahead. They have spent billions of $'s on destabilisation and propaganda, much of which would be 'wasted' if the tournament in Russia was successful.
The appointment of an Arab Prince (who is obviously well-placed to represent the billions of fans living on the breadline and 'clean up' the sport) will probably mean that once the Russians have been moved off the pitch, we'll all be told how the Qatari's have reformed their slave-labour economy and the 2022 party can go ahead - won't have anything to do with football, of course…
Nothing to do with football, or sport - the whole sorry mess is the result of spooks in the shadows moving pawns round a board...

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good riddance!!! And he had the guts to ban Bin Hamman for life for corruption..i always knew his cup would soon be full..but I know he is gonna hide away in Switzerland for the rest of his life and evade extradition
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by drmaxayuba(m): 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
For updates on career opportunities with unilever the number employer of choice in Nigeria please like this page. Your very own opportunity might just be a click away http://
/1GVMBQk
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Desa751: 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
Grondona was the one who handled all financial matters of Blatter, once he died it seems that the blatter's house of cards is collapsing.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by ENDTIMES: 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
Am not worried about blatter, google issa hayatou and you will understand how sickening it is for someone to occupy an elective seat for 20yrs plus.

Any law that provides for one person to be eligible to contest an elective post beyond two tenure is barbaric.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by rabbuy(m): 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
Guy you nor dey tire...for how many years....

You have made football less entertaining oga... Everybody one score now I miss those days when football was worth watching ...now na to just ask for scores
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by sultan003(m): 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2015
32Million:
Good riddance!!! And he had the guts to ban Bin Hamman for life for corruption..i always knew his cup would soon be full..but I know he is gonna hide away in Switzerland for the rest of his life and evade extradition

the case with bin hamman was a game, carefully arranged.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Olaone1: 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
Uncle Sam is really powerful undecided
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by engrjacuzzi: 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
in frank donga voice.....he was biting the dust of football, I even heard he stole and embezzled money and awarded ronaldo world best instead of king messi.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by StephenJoseph(m): 10:35pm On Jun 02, 2015
Great! Goodnews! How can he rule for 16yrs? Its too much jare! A change shud take place. Transformation is what I preach. Hoping an Africa man to be FIFA President some day!
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Drabrah(m): 11:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hope 9ja politicians & office holders ll pick a lesson frm this honourable decision.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by amparas(m): 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
So finally old papa sep resign
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by MrMac10(m): 12:42am On Jun 03, 2015
Issa Hayatou to follow suit
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by 12large1: 6:48am On Jun 03, 2015
all these nairalanderds here are either plain illiterate to whats going on or are just much of America and uk citizen that are so blinded to what these us guys are trying to do. spare me that useless 'the us got involved because of illegal money through us banks' that's just a smokescreen to the main issue. the main issue is that us/uk were upset that they lost the world cup bid to Russia and qater they were angry that they were outbid so they begin to make fraudulent claims in the eyes of these euro's people from 3rd world country are not dimmed good enough to have the same right as them, they are angry that blatter has given so much powers to this smaller footballing nations and it hurts them so much that for the first in the world at a sport that matters powers are not given to nations who have won so much trophies probably because of default. how come they only investigated 2010 wc, 2018 and 2022 they forgot how the us got to host 1994 wc, or how Germany took away 2006 wc undeservedly instead they went for the small boys like they always do they wanna turn fifa into united nations an organization that only the big countries has so much power. anyway let me categorically say the usa cannot stop the world cup from 'Russia 2018' if not its world war 3. America always go for the small boys make dem try 'don putin' like they did in crimea and we go see

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Eziachi: 7:20am On Jun 03, 2015
Nairalandinfo:
So so angry now......it's time Africa, Asia, Middle East & the South Americanz reject anybody that will be brought forward by the Europeanz
You have to feel sorry for our people's mentality. I cannot explain why poor people and poor nations tolerance misgovernance and corruption more than rich individuals and nations? Poverty mentality?
No wonder Africans are desperately the biggest supporters of Blatter knowing very well for years how he turned FIFA into a mafia organization.
Turning blind eyes to national association crooks in Africa and other poor nations who 're-elect him every five years. Isa Hayoutu had ran CAF for God knows how long with the support of Blatter.
FIFA threaten any government that ask serious questions to it national association with a ban and sanctions. Just like they did to Nigeria government just recently and they have to cave in.

EUFA can stand-up to Blatter because they had worked hard to make their leagues profitable, that they don't need hand out from FIFA in order to support corruption.

Even the president of the United State is answerable to someone, but FIFA or CAF can do whatever they like without question asked.

They blackmail nations with hosting rights, blackmail national government with sanctions of their national teams. FIFA need a total overhaul, where the election must include all current and present professional players, not just few rogues parading around football as national association administrators.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by omar22(m): 7:24am On Jun 03, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The Americans did not bid for 2022....and Qatar is their very very good ally.

The FBI got involved because some CONCNCAF officials started laundering their ill-gotten kudi through American banks and companies. Big mistake...especially in this post 9-11 world.Before the Americans did not care about what FIFA DOES.

Russia is still going to host 2018. It is too late to change the hosting rights.

Modified....The corruption was so bad that one CONCACAF official...Chuck Blazer....used his kudi to rent two flats....one of them for his dogs....in Trump Towers,New York. That...plus some illegal money transfers....attracted the attention of the FBI....especially as the US no longer tolerates money laundering.

Yes they did bid for the world cup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_2022_FIFA_World_Cup_bid
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 03, 2015
omar22:

Yes they did bid for the world cup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_2022_FIFA_World_Cup_bid

I stand corrected....but it went down to between Qatar and Australia.

And the failure of that bid was not the reason why the FBI decided to look into FIFA....it was the money laundering activities of certain FIFA officials that sparked off the FBI investigation....officials like Warner and Blazer.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by omar22(m): 7:39am On Jun 03, 2015
sultan003:

is qatar not about to host the world cup? south africa hosted it, are they in debt?

even those carryin out this investigation are corrupt and biased, if not they should be arresting clinton, beckenbaur, platini and his son.

The Olympic is way more expensive to host than the world cup, the Beijing Olympic cost around £23bn Whereas the 2006 World Cup only costs £940m to build 5 new stadiums and to renovate the other 4 stadiums. Hotels are 3rd party responsibilities The Olympic is a different ball game the Olympic village cost alot we are talking about billions, London 2012 lied during the bidding process by saying that it will only cost £2.4bn, this was the main reason why they defeated the Paris Bid. After winning the Bid they had a proper assessment of the cost which came out at £9.3bn, then they stopped revealing the cost just to prevent a public outrage.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by omar22(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Qatar is quite rich enough to host the world cup.

South Africa hosted the cup...because they had the money.Impact remains to be seen.

Plus.....platini and co.....have not been indicted yet. Clinton might be. Still early days yet....and remember...the whole thing started because some FIFA officials laundered money via US banks. Big mistake.If Platinit and co did that...they will be in the FBI's net soon too.

Anti-imperalisim does not excuse corrupt behaviour. Or do you want FIFA to collapse financially because people are allowed to steal cash unchecked.?

The 2010 World cup was between South Africa and Morocco, because it was an African world cup. Morocco have been bidding for previous world cup since the 1998, Honestly I felt Africa Morocco deserved it more than SA, but apart from FIFA members the global industries that benefits from tournaments pushed for SA, Morocco is seen more as an Middle East country than an African country.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Dollarboom: 7:54am On Jun 03, 2015
Go now Mr Blatter and let's have the next best thing.

Meanwhile, let your money work for you.

If you have investable #1M and above and you're OK with 10% monthly returns and you don't have unnecessary phobia for forex biz. You can talk to me right away on: 08162868544.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by MrKIZITO(m): 8:07am On Jun 03, 2015
I read the news from here http://www.edumacro.com/fifa-president-finally-resign-sepp-blatter/ I bid Seep farewell.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by 12large1: 8:41am On Jun 03, 2015
it is clear to me that Africans would forever be mumu they cant even see the big picture. long live sepp blatter the man did well for football imagine these eu wants to turn fifa into uefa remember how Stanley rous former fifa president {a profound racist that wholeheartedly supported apartheid in sa} was rulling. these eu would soon reduce our wc to 3

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by omar22(m): 9:40am On Jun 03, 2015
12large1:
it is clear to me that Africans would forever be mumu they cant even see the big picture. long live sepp blatter the man did well for football imagine these eu wants to turn fifa into uefa remember how Stanley rous former fifa president {a profound racist that wholeheartedly supported apartheid in sa} was rulling. these eu would soon reduce our wc to 3

Abi ooo

Europe wants to host 1 in every 2 world cups and the moment Blatter decided to take the hosting to each continent UEFA and the western world started their witch hunt against the Swiss president
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by free13: 11:13am On Jun 03, 2015
Hmmm.....
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
12large1:
omar22:

Abi ooo

Europe wants to host 1 in every 2 world cups and the moment Blatter decided to take the hosting to each continent UEFA and the western world started their witch hunt against the Swiss president

So we must tolerate corruption in the name of fighting anti-imperialism?

Here is the full story about FIFA corruption: http://www.vox.com/2015/5/27/8665577/fifa-arrests-indictment

If you want to fight them racists....make sure your hands are clean well well.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Captainswag225(m): 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
blatter did his best, africa will miss him. even though he wasnt firm in tackling corruption, no one is perfect. Everyone is corrupt... From uefa to the american football association.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

White Nigerian And Family Rock 2018 Super Eagles World Cup Jersey - Pictures / Brazil Vs Nigeria Friendly: Super Eagles On Their Way To Singapore (Photos) / Top 25 Most Valuable Football Players 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.