Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President (43545 Views)

Rohr Vows To Resign In November If Nigeria Doesn't Win The World Cup Ticket / Infantino With Ifeanyi Ubah: As FIFA Keys Into ‘Football Made In Anambra’ / Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by luvinhubby(m): 6:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good riddance !
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Realdeals(m): 6:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hayatou since 1988! your own is coming
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by naijainfogalery: 6:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Don't blame Mr Pinnick for backing Blatter....Blatter has done quite a lot for developing countries.

That does not justify his corruption though.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by nerodenero: 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
That's in true. In any case, I would be glad to see him return to Yaounde.
bushdoc9919:

I won't be surprised...if the investigations does not point to Hayatou at some time. But....that old man is one wily fox.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by helovesme(f): 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
Shymm3x:
I bet the bitterness and witch-hunting by both the US and UK for losing out in both their bids for 2018 and 2022 world cups finally got to him.

Payback is a b1tch. grin grin

USA came second and lost the world cup bid. So that explains it all . . . . . grin

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by seunmsg(m): 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
nerodenero:
Time for Africa to rid herself of Issa Hayatou before the next election because I am very sure CAF is also corrupt.

I am very sure Dr. Amos Adamu would be somewhere laughing out loud now, although, na thief all of them be grin

Unfortunately, no African country is strong enough to do to Hayatu what America did to Blatter.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
GenBuhari, wadz ya take on dis ?
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Otota1(m): 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
Long over due......
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
husnath:
Why stand 4 election after canvassing votes then resign days later if
nothing 2 hide. FIFA is a joke

Very good question! In recent interview he was asked if he is going to resign and he said no that if he does it will indicate that he has done something wrong. So what now....?
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by ikorodureporta: 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
An african wouldnt have resigned

3 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
Soreza:
I THINK AMERICA ONLY GOT INVOLVED BECAUSE IT LOST ITS BID TO HOST WORLD CUP TO QATAR IN THIER 2022 BID,ALSO BECAUSE THEY HATE THE FACT SEPP BLATTER PERMITTED RUSSIA TO HOST 2018 WORLD CUP.I DON'T THINK IF AMERICA WAS HOSTING THE NEXT WORLD CUP THAT WOULD BE THE CASE.

The Americans did not bid for 2022....and Qatar is their very very good ally.

The FBI got involved because some CONCNCAF officials started laundering their ill-gotten kudi through American banks and companies. Big mistake...especially in this post 9-11 world.Before the Americans did not care about what FIFA DOES.

Russia is still going to host 2018. It is too late to change the hosting rights.

Modified....The corruption was so bad that one CONCACAF official...Chuck Blazer....used his kudi to rent two flats....one of them for his dogs....in Trump Towers,New York. That...plus some illegal money transfers....attracted the attention of the FBI....especially as the US no longer tolerates money laundering.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by eaglechild: 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
Blatter was not directly involved in the corruption scandal but as FIFA head had to resign as a matter of honour.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
helovesme:
Lol. The fear of "FBI" is the beginning of wisdom. I hope extends its net to Issa Hayatou, AMOS ADAMU (the most corrupt of them all), Sani Lulu and other corrupt previous NFA chairmen.

That said, Kashamu, take note. You cannot excape judgement in the US. cool

Hehehehe, true talk kiss

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by hardbody: 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
I was not following this story, i was busy helping GEJ re-arrange his loads taken from Abuja to Otuoke. Did I hear someone mention Issa Hayatou? Is he also f.ingered in the corruption deal cheesy cheesy

His days will come too.

But truth be told, Blatter was very instrumental to Nigeria and other African countries finding it easier to be represented in the global mundial. That I give to him.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Sobeautiful: 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
So this man is finally vacating the seat? I thought it was his lifetime office and property. What an unceremonious and dishonourable exit, after years of his dominance in FIFA.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by bewla(m): 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
Who care.

now Amos Adamu your enemy are scatter before u now your name will b cleared
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by MAYOWAAK: 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
All this he had coldly planned. He just wanted to have the satisfaction of being reelected but deep inside he KNEW it would be impossible to survive knowing the Swiss and American authorities would ineluctably be looking for evidence to indict him, procecute him and convict him. He knew he could not survive. With the Interpol and the FBI after him his chances were zero. Le us welcome the Jordan Prince and hope he brings real democracy and transparency into the FIFA's affairs..

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by martineverest(m): 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
Americans and EU have finally succeded in FIFA coup against russia......i commend blatter for his campain against 'football and politics'...hope dey wont give england 2018 hosting right

3 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by sultan003(m): 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
Soreza:
I THINK AMERICA ONLY GOT INVOLVED BECAUSE IT LOST ITS BID TO HOST WORLD CUP TO QATAR IN THIER 2022 BID,ALSO BECAUSE THEY HATE THE FACT SEPP BLATTER PERMITTED RUSSIA TO HOST 2018 WORLD CUP.I DON'T THINK IF AMERICA WAS HOSTING THE NEXT WORLD CUP THAT WOULD BE THE CASE.

Bill clinton was so upset about it, to the extent that qatar bribed him. no one is talking about that....
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
helovesme:
Lol. The fear of "FBI" is the beginning of wisdom. I hope extends its net to Issa Hayatou, AMOS ADAMU (the most corrupt of them all), Sani Lulu and other corrupt previous NFA chairmen.

That said, Kashamu, take note. You cannot excape judgement in the US. cool

Amos has been exposed already.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/18/amos-adamu-banned-fifa-corruption
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
AMERICA IS WORKING HARD TO MAKE SURE RUSSIA NO HOST THIS WORLD CUP SHAA!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Wkaay(m): 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
Why the announcement,resign. How can the body be rotten and the head is not. Go, good riddience to bad rubbish
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
martineverest:
Americans and EU have finally succeded in FIFA coup against russia......i commend blatter for his campain against 'football and politics'...hope dey wont give england 2018 hosting right

Too early to tell.....in my opinion FIFA won't change course.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Guyman02: 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
America just wanted anything that will make FIFA to move the World Cup out of their rival Russia hosting it. Its not about the corruption but about Russia hosting the World Cup in 2018
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Jaabioro(m): 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ope o o!
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by knightsTempler: 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
Wake up Sheeple, USA is again one step closer to Taking away our freedom!

5 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
about time..
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
icebeatz:
AMERICA IS WORKING HARD TO MAKE SURE RUSSIA NO HOST THIS WORLD CUP SHAA!!!

Again, the Americans got involved largely because of their citizen Chuck Blazer's corrupt activities.

Blazer is a high ranking FIFA official.

He was caught four years ago...and his disclosures led to the exposure of several Concacaf officials....that's where it started.

Corruption is bad. I doubt the Americans are interested in who hosts the World Cup.....soccer is not their no 1 sport.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
USA
USA
USA
usa
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by 9jatatafo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
Waiting for Issa Hayatou to resign too as these FIFA corruption gets messy.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2015
Guyman02:
America just wanted anything that will make FIFA to move the World Cup out of their rival Russia hosting it. Its not about the corruption but about Russia hosting the World Cup in 2018

The American investigation started when some of their football officials started laundering their ill gotten wealth via American banks.

It all started with Chuck Blazer.

FIFA is not going to take Russia's rights away.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/fifa-corruption-arrests-supergrass-chuck-blazer-shows-off-lavish-lifestyle-through-his-blog-including-meeting-vladimir-putin-10284999.html
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by sheymoni(m): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2015
Expect Arsenal to be linked with a £50m move for Sepp Blatter in tomorrow's papers.. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

White Nigerian And Family Rock 2018 Super Eagles World Cup Jersey - Pictures / Africa Vs Europe Football Match In 1997 (Throwback Video). / Brazil Vs Nigeria Friendly: Super Eagles On Their Way To Singapore (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.