Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? (6091 Views)

Female Suicide Bombers Shot While Trying To Attack A Military Post In Borno.PICS / "Ibrahim Danmaziri Murtala Hired Thugs To Attack A Blogger" - Facebook User / Bakassi Strike Force Begs For Amnesty, Returns Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
I am writing this piece due to the spontaneous bombings in Maiduguri by members of terrorist Boko Haram sect. I am not a conspiracy theorist but it appears that recent boko haram improved attack is a ploy to send fear into the minds of people that will lend credence to the call for amnesty for the sect.

It is on record that since 2011 during the GEJ's administration, the Northern leaders, The APC and Muhammadu Buhari have in no time supported the use of force against the Boko Haram terrorists despite the havoc done to the innocent citizens by the terrorists. In fact, the Northern leaders including the NEF, Sultan of Sokoto, Buhari etc at different fora advocated for amnesty to be granted to members of the sect since 2012. For instance, the Northern Elders Forum(NEF) on Wednesday April 03, 2013 made case for Amnesty to be given Boko Haram. This same group would later condemn the Military for its onslaught against the terrorists in Baga in same April 2013.
(www.nigerianwatch.com/news/1541-northern-elders-mount-pressure-on-goodluck-to-grant-boko-haram-amnesty).

Just few days to Buhari's inauguration, specifically May 22, 2015, some prominent northerners including the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Mohammed Uwais and Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Ambassador Babagana Kingibe and former Nigerian Ambassador to the United Nations, Ibrahim Gambari etc called on Muhammadu Buhari to grant amnesty to the terrorists when he takes over power from Goodluck Jonathan. There was no response from Buhari with respect to that.

As for President Buhari, I hope he is not considering the prospect of granting amnesty to the terrorists, because such move will be heavily resisted. He should send the army in line with his electoral promises that he made in Chattham House, UK on February 26, 2015...
“I think I will not go to that office with that promise. I have said in my address how, at least 13,000 Nigerians have been killed by Boko Haram, how millions of them have been displaced and are now kept in different camps called Internally Displaced Persons camps.
“Schools have been burnt, there is so much disruption to normal life; people cannot farm and where they are able to farm, they cannot harvest. So, granting amnesty to Boko Haram will be unfair to the system.

If Boko Haram and their sympathisers assume that more killings and bombings will change the minds of Nigerians to support or advocate of Amnesty for the terrorists, then they should get their heads examined. I believe that Nigerians are determined never to reward terrorists that has sent over 15,000 souls to their early grave and taken many to slavery. If they want pardon, they should surrender themselves with the Military, name their sponsors and turn a new leaf but no Nigeria kobo should be spent on them "for their efforts".

God Bless The Military
God Bless The People of North East, Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
Amnesty to a faceless group? Nigeria is a zoo

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
If granting them amnesty would end the killings and bombings, so be it, afterall, Niger Delta militants were granted amnesty, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

What we need is an end to all the killings.
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by doublewisdom: 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
Who cares if boko boys are granted amnesty as long as the money is paid from ground nut and suya proceeds.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by agarawu23(m): 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
its never a bad idea if buhari grant them amnesty barcanista.

are you happy about the current security in northern part of the country?

if you were affected by their attacks, you wouldn't say all this.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
firstEVA:
If granting them amnesty would end the killings and bombings, so be it, afterall, Niger Delta militants were granted amnesty, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Pls read wad u just wrote again, u no see how fullish u be?
Open dat mouth dhe spew thrash
How can u give amnesty to a faceless group, u can as well grant ISIL amnesty na.
No let me swear for u, cos d vex weh I dhe so if I swear, u fit no make am

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
firstEVA:
Niger Delta "Militants" are not terrorists. They never bombed houses, killed communities, rape women, capture the poor and helpless nor carry our wantin distruction of lives. They did oil bunkering, blew pipeline, capture expatriate for RANSOM and were often times engaged with the army. They never did suicide bombings and stuffs. Plus they had a struggle for emancipation and end to marginalisation.

BH is a terrorist group in the mould of ISIS and Taliban. Stop the comparism.

16 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
agarawu23:

if you were affected by their attacks, you won't say all this.
If u got nufin reasonable to say, u better go to romance section and play wif children dere
Don't come here and start acting childish

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by agarawu23(m): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

If u got nufin reasonable to say, u better go to romance section and play wif children dere
Don't come here and start acting childish
grin you that have something reasonable to say undecided say it let's hear you.

you are talking about faceless group but you forgot the fact that there was once a negotiation between the ppl you call "faceless" .

Any idea that will bring peace back to the country is allowed.
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by nerodenero: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2015
Granting amnesty is directly telling everybody that it pays to commit crime against humanity and a reward awaits such service.

I am very sure PMB would rather fight these beasts than granting amnesty and if he does grant them, we don enter one chance be that.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2015
barcanista:
Niger Delta "Militants" are not terrorists. They never bombed houses, killed communities, rape women, capture the poor and helpless nor carry our wantin distruction of lives. They did oil bunkering, blew pipeline, capture expatriate for RANSOM and were often times engaged with the army. They never did suicide bombings and stuffs. Plus they had a struggle for emancipation and end to marginalisation.

what happens if I don't stop undecided

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
agarawu23:

if you were affected by their attacks, you wouldn't say all this.
I sympathise with people in the North, but the idea of Amnesty is ZERO! If the terrorists want pardon they should drop their weapons, name their sponsors, turn a new leaf and be asked to GO and Sin No More but no single kobo should be spent on them. Otherwise, the Northern Elders should cooperate with the Military to flush out the bastards.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by garrix8: 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
Jonadunce the clueless dolt allowed this menace to fester for too long. Baba will decimate them completely within the shortest possible time.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
nerodenero:
Granting amnesty is directly telling everybody that it pays to commit crime against humanity and a reward awaits such service.

I am very sure PMB would rather fight these beasts than granting amnesty and if he does grant them, we don enter one chance be that.
Who will allow PMB to have his way with BH amnesty? He better mobilise the military and forget about anything amnesty
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
agarawu23:
grin you that have something reasonable to say undecided say it let's here you.

you are talking about faceless group but you forgot the fact that their was a negotiations between the ppl you call "faceless" .

Anyt idea that will bring peace back to the country is allowed.
Dey shld not use ma "oilye" money to fund dose cows
Dey shld go and look for groundnut money or meet dem to give dem "cocoa" money
D elite brought boko in d first place, dey shld be able to deal wif it by demselves
NB; Buhari said he wld crush d group, so y must he grant dem amnesty
I reject it
Niger delta rejects it
Nigeria as a whole must reject it
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by dumodust(m): 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
Boko haram=isis, giving them amnesty or discussing peace will give them time to recover and recruit. No amnesty, kill them all who dont surrender
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Pls read wad u just wrote again, u no see how fullish u be?
Open dat mouth dhe spew thrash
How can u give amnesty to a faceless group, u can as well grant ISIL amnesty na.
No let me swear for u, cos d vex weh I dhe so if I swear, u fit no make am
keep quiet, oremumu (what a useless moniker undecided), they were faceless during jonadunce's administration, what makes you think they will remain faceless? you think they don't know PMB's capability? They know he is a no nonsense president, they will have no choice but to cooperate or get crushed.
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by agarawu23(m): 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2015
barcanista:
I sympathise with people in the North, but the idea of Amnesty is ZERO! If the terrorists want pardon they should drop their weapons, name their sponsors, turn a new leaf and be asked to GO and Sin No More but no single kobo should be spent on them. Otherwise, the Northern Elders should cooperate with the Military to flush out the bastards.
you have your point.
But there is no conclusion yet buhari is ganna grant them amnesty but if he does, who is going to stop him?

Peace is what we want back in Nigeria. where people can sleep with two eyes closed.
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by shamsuRana(m): 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2015
The northern elders calling for an amnesty should be thoroughly investigated, without recourse to status,family or lineage.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2015
firstEVA:
very silly comment

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by garrix8: 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
barcanista:

You sound like a silly hypocrite, I guess that's what you actually are.

What does "engaged with the military" mean?? Were they pelting our soldiers with tomatoes and sachets of water? Didn't they kill soldiers?? Were there no civilian deaths during the attacks?? Aren't kidnapping, bombing and arson series crimes anymore??

How can you say people who took up arms against the State, killing soldiers and civilians in the process aren't terrorists??

I think you lost your common sense when you sold your soul for a plate of pepper soup.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
slimmy05:
very silly comment
is that your only contribution to the subject? You are the silly one.
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
He should first attempt it...No amnesty for BH! Final
agarawu23:
you have your point.
But there is no conclusion yet buhari is ganna grant them amnesty but if he does, who is going to stop him?

Peace is what we want back in Nigeria. where people can sleep with two eyes closed.

if Amnesty is the only condition for peace, then let there be no peace

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
garrix8:

What does "engaged with the military" mean?? Were they pelting our soldiers with tomatoes and sachets of water? Didn't they kill soldiers?? Were there no civilian deaths during the attacks?? Aren't kidnapping, bombing and arson series crimes anymore??

How can you say people who took up arms against the State, killing soldiers and civilians in the process aren't terrorists??

I think you lost your common sense when you sold your soul for a plate of pepper soup.

cheesy
grin don't mind barcanista
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by agarawu23(m): 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Dey shld not use ma "oilye" money to fund dose cows
Dey shld go and look for groundnut money or meet dem to give dem "cocoa" money
D elite brought boko in d first place, dey shld be able to deal wif it by demselves
NB; Buhari said he wld crush d group, so y must he grant dem amnesty
I reject it
Niger delta rejects it
Nigeria as a whole must reject it
funny dude grin

your oil money ? When God created you, don't forget you had nothing with you o not even a pant talk less of oil. The oil you are talking about is for the whole country OK?

Are you telling me its only oil that's bringing money for the government? we have other source not only "your oil" (which is not even yours) It belong to Nigeria as a whole.

what ever step that will bring an end to this BH issue should be done. simple .
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by garrix8: 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
firstEVA:
keep quiet, oremumu (what a useless moniker undecided), they were faceless during jonadunce's administration, what makes you think they will remain faceless? you think they don't know PMB's capability? They know he is a no nonsense president, they will have no choice but to cooperate or get crushed.

No to amnesty for BH.

cool

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2015
Which civilians did they kill aside collateral damage? There is a difference between "Militants" and Terrorists. The Militants were only concerned with the State and kidnapping for ransome, they never went on wanton killing or rape. I am from the Niger Delta and was very much on ground during the hight of the Militancy.

BH? Ooops these are People that kill women, men, children, rape, bomb houses, churches, kill communities, bomb mosques, bomb schools, kill pupils etc. My friend stop sounding pathetic. No amnesty for terrorists
garrix8:

cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
slimmy05:
very silly comment
U dhe mind dat babe She lacks w I s d o m

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
You should ask Obasanjo and Yaradua how revenue was depleting due to bombing of oil facilities and why Yaradua had to negotiate. Is it not when they see money that they can pay their terrorists?
No Amnesty for Boko Haram!
agarawu23:
funny dude grin

your oil money ? When God created you, don't forget you had nothing with you o not even a pant talk less of oil. The oil you are talking about is for the whole country OK?

Are you telling me its only oil that's bringing money for the government? we have other source not only "your oil" (which is not even yours) It belong to Nigeria as a whole.

what ever step that will bring an end to this BH issue should be done. simple .

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by 9jii(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
barcanista:

Then you should know boko haram never give a thing about amnesty or whatever you call it.
Have you ever heard where boko haram called for amnesty?
Didn't you watch/see where they mocked your amnesty or people who called for it.
me be nowadays you intentionally choose to talk ignorantly bout some issues.
Or u just angry about your fatal decision to decamped at wrong time.
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by agarawu23(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
barcanista:
He should first attempt it...No amnesty for BH! Finalif Amnesty is the only condition for peace, then let there be no peace
hmmm! let's not argue further on issue that's yet to take place.
we never can tell what the new government have in plan to end terrorism BUT any step that will end terrorism is welcomed cool
Re: Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? by likata: 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2015
that would be the end of Nigeria if he tries such stupid mistake.every state will have its own terrorist group,kill enough and wait to be rewarded with amnesty. even robbery gang and kidnappers will promote sharply to terrorist group.no be my own go lost too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[LIST] Names Of Senators Who Did Not Pass A Vote Of Confidence On Saraki / Breaking News: IPOB Moving From Aba To Ekwulobia To Cause Confusion- PICTURES / 2023: APC Will Sweep All Elective Posts In Zamfara – Yari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.