Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,031 members, 7,845,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) (34520 Views)

12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) / The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) / Nigerians Living Abroad Have To Travel Back Home To Get BVN In Banks?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by plendil: 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2015
eagleeye2:

Yes, it will affect ATM but not immediately. After sometime, they will start blocking the access to ATM for those who haven't got their BVN

It appears some have started eg Diamond bank
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2015
LMAyedun:
And u have nothing to say bah??

So all those things I typed are nothing?
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by plendil: 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2015
darqly:

The information highlighted above is not entirely accurate. You can only be enrolled in a bank where you have an account as you will have to be verified and authenticated. Once you've been issued the BVN, you can then submit it at any other bank where you have accounts so it's linked.

Are you sure about this? Because I went to make payment at a bank which I had no account and was directed to collect my BVN at the customer service, after clearly telling the teller I had no account with them (access bank). I however didnt get the number cuz got discouraged by the queue.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by plendil: 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
Rochina:
Please guys, what happens after the registration? Will a number be sent to you? Cos its actually been a month since I registered but am yet to receive any number.
Urgent response please

They are suposed to sent you via text the verification number. I was told it shouldnt take more than 48 hours but mime came after about a week. However, if you need it urgently, I can go to the bank where you did the registration and they will give you.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by stagger: 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
sanandreas:
Nigerians love fire brigade approach. What have they been doing?

I got mine last year in 3 mins. Really what have they been waiting for?

1 Like

Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by yusufobinna1(m): 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
1stola:
Only in the North...

Clueless people.
I can see u gt no sense, must u tribalistic in every comment.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by gidjah(m): 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
Keyana:
What is this BVN all about, please. Someone enlighten me.
my dear,we r in the same skirt o, imagine none of my two banks( ECO & former PHB )has told me anything, but they keep collecting my money as savings all d time

1 Like

Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by 1stola: 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
yusufobinna1:
I can see u gt no sense, must u tribalistic in every comment.
Your papa no get sense.
Jobless goat.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by heyiamjosh(m): 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
This is still small, when I got to first bank Iwo-road branch today, I could not believe my eyes about 150 people including young and old queuing for BVN
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
adeaks:
Is that the only bank in the area? Why endure the stress of such a long queue when the registration can be done at any bank. When I did mine, I initially wanted to do it at Gtb but the queue was something else. I simply left and walked to sterling bank which was nearby and registered easily. Sterling bank was there but most people overlooked it preferring to go to Gtb.
There is a need to educate people that no matter where you do the registration, it covers all the other banks where you might have accounts.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Emeka71(m): 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
adeaks:
Is that the only bank in the area? Why endure the stress of such a long queue when the registration can be done at any bank. When I did mine, I initially wanted to do it at Gtb but the queue was something else. I simply left and walked to sterling bank which was nearby and registered easily. Sterling bank was there but most people overlooked it preferring to go to Gtb.
There is a need to educate people that no matter where you do the registration, it covers all the other banks where you might have accounts.
What if the accounts are in different names?
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by osaeti(f): 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
i can bet it, dat bank is first bank

1 Like

Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Ghost01(m): 12:27am On Jun 03, 2015
Spent two hours on a queue trying to get mine last week and was later told to check back for the BVN this week after all the standing.

I hope they extend the deadline.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Nobody: 4:33am On Jun 03, 2015
jamex93:
i have not oo

the last time i went to diamond bank saw d queue i had to respect my self and go back home to go sleep

will try again some day
Hahaha. Me too.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by darqly(m): 5:57am On Jun 03, 2015
plendil:

Are you sure about this? Because I went to make payment at a bank which I had no account and was directed to collect my BVN at the customer service, after clearly telling the teller I had no account with them (access bank). I however didnt get the number cuz got discouraged by the queue.

Some lousy banks are using the BVN enrolment as an excuse to get you to open accounts with them, which is clearly unprofessional. If you had stayed long enough afterwards, you'd have been given account opening forms to complete. The commercial banks actually have a target to meet, BVN wise, set by CBN which explains the desperation. For the avoidance of doubt, you must ensure you are enrolled ONLY ONCE in a bank WHERE YOU MAINTAIN AN ACCOUNT. At the point of capturing your biometrics, demographic data and identity is verified via the info you provided WHEN you first opened the account. This is why you cannot logically be enrolled in a bank where you don't have an account or banking relationship- They don't have have any of your info to compare against.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by darqly(m): 6:26am On Jun 03, 2015
adeaks:

If you don't maintain an account with Sterling, then your registration is just as void as when you had no BVN. You cannot be enrolled in just ANY bank, it must be where you maintain an account. Many banks don't even know what they ought to be doing. Didn't they ask for your account details, address and a signature to verify? How will they verify if you don't bank with them? I suggest you head to your bank and let them know what you've done, because you can't register more than once. You risk CBN flagging your account as suspicious for multiple enrolment, and here your struggle begins. grin grin
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 03, 2015
Why do Nigerians like doing things at the eleventh hour?. I pray they succeed in doing their BVN before June 30th.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Sobeautiful: 6:51am On Jun 03, 2015
adeaks:
Must you do it in a bank you have an account with?
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by yusufobinna1(m): 6:53am On Jun 03, 2015
1stola:

Your papa no get sense.
Jobless goat.
I can see u r an orphan,u v no parent that's y u can use ur stinking wretched hand to type papa,pls make it straight by directing ur abuse to me and Not ur father @ home.thanks goatie
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 03, 2015
adeaks:
You mean bvn can be done @ any branch..?
I've 2 acct. One a gtb d other @ wema,but only done that of gtb acct! Do i still need to do bvn for the wema bank acct seperately
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by donbenie(m): 7:35am On Jun 03, 2015
Dannyset:
This is the same way these Northerners hasten up to get their PVC before it turns to anoda issue. But we in the South would wait till the dying minute before we start rushing. Then we'll start looking for who to blame when the equation is not balanced. Later they will say some pple are illiterate. And those that couldn't translate literacy to moves and actions that would be the first to talk.
What exactly is your point,you mean people in the North lining up to get their BVN now are doing it in time or what?Based on the topic your post makes absolutely no sense..
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by jamex93(m): 7:43am On Jun 03, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
Hahaha. Me too.

we plenty b DAT
grin
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by freemanbubble: 7:56am On Jun 03, 2015
still zenith bank nor send me message concerning this issue. But na how to deduct my cash them sabi everymonth
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Themandator: 8:24am On Jun 03, 2015
nepp:
Diamond bank is useless. I did this bvn stuff last year and no notification was sent to me. Came to confirm why I didn't get a notification this year and they said they can't find any record of my bvn application and that I can't do the registration stuff twice undecided

Are they implying that you can't operate bank accounts in Nigeria?

Best you open an account wi5h one of this small banks like skye and do it then go give it to them
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Themandator: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2015
stagger:

I got mine last year in 3 mins. Really what have they been waiting for?

Same here. Just walked into the bank and was told to do bvn. Collected the form filled and next day got the alert.

Didn't know what to do with the number sent to me. Had to go and ask them what it meant, the lady was clueless and I just saved it as a number on my phone.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Themandator: 8:31am On Jun 03, 2015
Emeka71:
What if the accounts are in different names?

That 8s one of the many things it is meant to unravel... Give it to them even if you wrote female and male in different banks.

Nobody can hide government funds with the names of his or here day old baby(ies) any more.

It is all about the finger prints.. Thumb print
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 03, 2015
pinkiberry:
no I avnt. d crowd in my bank is much. I went to Do it but I almost fainted. I vex go home. u no for a moment I tot dutse is in France. d name tho. lolzzzxz

neva wanted 2 write anytin b4,bt u just killed it.......dutse in france?this is fucking funny i tell ya
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by webpower84: 9:00am On Jun 03, 2015
Keyana:
What is this BVN all about, please. Someone enlighten me.
it's free to register and you can register at ANY bank that you have an account with. for instance if you have 4 accounts with four different banks just enter into one of those banks and do the BVN, it covers the other accounts. your bvn is just like your mobile number; just 11 digits which will be sent to your phone the next day or more after registration. the BVN will be requested for future bank transactions which may left you disappointed if you don't have it. for more information about the importance visit {edited} www.bvn.com.ng Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 03, 2015
darqly:

If you don't maintain an account with Sterling, then your registration is just as void as when you had no BVN. You cannot be enrolled in just ANY bank, it must be where you maintain an account. Many banks don't even know what they ought to be doing. Didn't they ask for your account details, address and a signature to verify? How will they verify if you don't bank with them? I suggest you head to your bank and let them know what you've done, because you can't register more than once. You risk CBN flagging your account as suspicious for multiple enrolment, and here your struggle begins. grin grin

I have an account with sterling and that was what I used.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by 1stola: 10:10am On Jun 03, 2015
yusufobinna1:
I can see u r an orphan,u v no parent that's y u can use ur stinking wretched hand to type papa,pls make it straight by directing ur abuse to me and Not ur father @ home.thanks goatie
Idíot.
Again, your father is a drunkąrd old fool.
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by efilefun(m): 10:33am On Jun 03, 2015
Customers outside Nigeria are exempted from the deadline date and would be contacted once there is a new directive from CBN. (skye bank)
soe:
kindly update us
Re: Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 03, 2015
efilefun:
Customers outside Nigeria are exempted from the deadline date and would be contacted once there is a new directive from CBN. (skye bank)
beautiful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Foreign Loan: Why Can't CBN Print The $5.5bn Instead Of Borrowing? / What Profitable Business Can I Start With #200k / Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.