Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters (55919 Views)

Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo) / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Kzealz(m): 1:03am On Jun 03, 2015
What's this heck about petroleum?
why can't buhari n his NL slaves
use groundnut n onions to bring
forth they change they've been shouting
about?... the truth is that SS/SE don't
wanna be part of this miserable country
anymore... juss let us be... the only thing that bring us 2geda as one is petroleum...
its obvious.. mtchww

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by susanokopi(f): 1:14am On Jun 03, 2015
Amansu:

Do you know what is insanity? Do you think he will rule Nigeria single-handedly?

He can delegate with close supervison of activities of the sector rather than taking his eyes off the ball for some rouge to enrich himself at the expense of the masses.

We saw what happened when GEJ went to sleep and two sets of $20 billions, ie., $40 billion went missing under a woman minister of oil.
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 03, 2015
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by ziccoit: 2:16am On Jun 03, 2015
keyzid:
For crying out loud, this man is damn too old to start bearing the task meant for 2 or more people. You are the President, you still wanna play the petroleum minister role. That's insane. Appoint somebody pls and face other things.

Obj was "too old" too when he made himself petroleum minister and he didn't breakdown as a result. Nothing special in leadership if you know what you are doing. He is just going to be an head of a team and passing instructions towards achieving some goals. Implementations lie squarely on the shoulders of carrier officers.
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Rubis(m): 3:59am On Jun 03, 2015
It's never by figures, Buhari can do it. I wish him all the best.

If this news turn out to be true, Prof Tom West won't be happy.
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by laffytaffy1: 4:21am On Jun 03, 2015
Only in Nigeria!!! this is a man without a freaking school certificate now a president and wants to make himself oil minister. Please why do I even bother myself with school these days.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by M4gunners: 4:23am On Jun 03, 2015
The first to comment said my mind, the second person mehn i wipe for that person. So ur Sai Baba is the only trusted human being alive in Nigeria you mean?
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by yemivictor: 5:02am On Jun 03, 2015
Sirniyeh:
Wisdom is the most crucial thing in actualising a dream.

Nigeria challenges is complex and President Buhari should understand that age is not on his side again. Overseeing Petroleum sector as Minister could jeopardise his health. It is not necessary he mans the sector himself. Does it mean no saint among 180millions Nigerians to appoint as the Minister of Petroleum?

I don't believe this trash but in case it is true, He should appoint Pastor Adeboye or Oritsejafor or myself

The people who like these kind of posts though...
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by cjplainstrip: 5:27am On Jun 03, 2015
Download d most played song in d country dis week 4 free! Choco Jay ft wilfresh titled,EKELEBE (Police). Totally hilarious. http:///XSspK0 .Enjoy!

Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by loswhite(m): 6:57am On Jun 03, 2015
sanandreas:
Are there not competent hands in this country. Please don't stress your self. Obasanjo did something like this, it changed nothing.
What was subsidy claim in obansajo time and good luck Jonathan? So there is no difference between 300billion naira and over a trillion naira right? The way some of you post comment is just crazy. If u must talk or type be well informed.
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Ignyte(m): 7:04am On Jun 03, 2015
Nihilist:
grin grin
Aisha is about to get some nicer watches.
The last watch costs $129
Now, All ye JonaTANOIDS how much does Patience Jonathan's estate cost??
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by ladej(m): 7:28am On Jun 03, 2015
[quote author=Sirniyeh post=34359380]Wisdom is the most crucial thing in actualising a dream.

Nigeria challenges is complex and President Buhari should understand that age is not on his side again. Overseeing Petroleum sector as Minister could jeopardise his health. It is not necessary he mans the sector himself. Does it mean no saint among 180millions Nigerians to appoint as the Minister of Petroleum?

I don't believe this trash but in case it is true, He should appoint Pastor Adeboye or Oritsejafor or myself[/quote
] pastor adeboye indeed

Is he a pastor of God

Or is he a pastor of oil ?

Be guided and sin no more
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Kennywills7(m): 7:33am On Jun 03, 2015
holyokoto:

Is just a speculated news, It cannot happen in this country , No one held a post of a president and a Minister unless we are running Autocratic Government
My brother, i don't understand anymore o because it seem everything buhari does is right in d eyes of his supporters but d question is, " is it right legally and constitutionally for him to b president and at the same b d minister of petroleum?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Myself2(m): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2015
[size=20pt]This is just a ploy by PMB POBOX to steal our oil money again,I smell another MIDLAND saga in the offing.Obviously once a criminal treasury looter,always a criminal treasury looter

Buhari that is too sick and too old to manage as president now wants to add the most controversial portfolio to his duties.GREED GREED GRE[/size]DED
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Samuel198: 9:19am On Jun 03, 2015
If this idea gonna change the Oil sector, then we are in support of Buhari's idea. Most people in that position has never kept clean records. It is either one story or another.

President Buhari kept a clean sheet when he was the PTF minister and Oil minister in 1970's. I think this is a good idea......Please, let us support him.

All we need is for him to create Jobs in the oil sector for Graduates. We voted him because we need "CHANGE" in all aspect of this country. Unemployment, Power sector, Oil sector, etc.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by j1mmy: 9:58am On Jun 03, 2015
TAM DAVID-WEST?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Bianda24: 10:14am On Jun 03, 2015
that is a nice step in the right direction. Especially in this corrupt terrain.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by chuksmad(m): 10:28am On Jun 03, 2015
I will support the idea, if that will make that sector to work
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by sanandreas(m): 10:38am On Jun 03, 2015
loswhite:
What was subsidy claim in obansajo time and good luck Jonathan? So there is no difference between 300billion naira and over a trillion naira right? The way some of you post comment is just crazy. If u must talk or type be well informed.

Would u compare the consumption rate of petroleum products ten years ago and now. Common life is dynamic and not static. Who imports fuel? The name u just mentioned.
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by malcolmzee(m): 11:21am On Jun 03, 2015
Buhari has a track record with respect to occupying that position.

why are the igbos crying?

it's like the igbos are the real enemies of Nigeria from within.

Let fire fall from heaven and consume every sanballat and Tobias from within that wants to militate against the progress of the new government of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by zimoni(f): 11:34am On Jun 03, 2015
When is he going to stabilize the global oil price nah?

We don enter am.

Anyway sha, I wish him well.

He's going to preside over the affair for four years, we have no choice than to support and pray he succeeds.

He and his party have four years to convince the populace.

Whether they perform well or not, ONE THING IS CERTAIN...................

PDP SHALL BE BACK IN 2019. IT'S CERTAIN.

Lobatan before I go vex.
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
Look!!, I see a hand wrighting on the wall. On a closer look it's that of no other than OBJ!.
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2015
Personally i think he has far too much to handle right now than appointing himself the petroleum minister.
Maybe he wants Prof to run the executive arm while he concentrates on the cow that gives the milk. grin
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
zimoni:
When is he going to stabilize the global oil price nah?

We don enter am.

Anyway sha, I wish him well.

He's going to preside over the affair for four years, we have no choice than to support and pray he succeeds.

He and his party have four years to convince the populace.

Whether they perform well or not, ONE THING IS CERTAIN...................

PDP SHALL BE BACK IN 2019. IT'S CERTAIN.

Lobatan before I go vex.

If actually he said that, what that means is that a lot of his campaign promises may have been made in ignorance and certainly won't be happy from what he'll get from PDP opposition.
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by zimoni(f): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
Sincere4u:

If actually he said that, what that means is that a lot of his campaign promises may have been made in ignorance and certainly won't be happy from what he'll get from PDP opposition.

He promised to stabilize price of crude oil which we all know it's being decided by supply and demand factor.

I wish GrandPa well sha.

PDP shall be back in 2019.
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by udeze73(m): 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
During obasanjos's administration, he personally manned petroleum affairs even though there was corruption and gross embezzlement motivated be his selfish desire
Re: Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters by Berrymoss(f): 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
philips70:

Hope you are not a Caitlyn Jenner?
. Huh. No na Bruce Willis I be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Mobbed By Supporters In Abuja After His Press Conference / Sunday Igboho Escaped From Beninese Airport, Was Lured Back Through Calls / OFFICERS Disgraced After Finding Out Their Guns Were Without Bullets In An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.