Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

I’ll Run Inclusive Government –Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Run Inclusive Government –Ambode (304 Views)

How I’ll Run My Govt, Economy, By Gen. Buhari... dailyindependentnig.com / Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) / I’ll Flee Nigeria If APC Wins —Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Run Inclusive Government –Ambode by Holyfield1(m): 11:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has urged members of the opposition to join hands with him to take the state to greater heights.

He said his government would work with the 2012-2025 Development Plan, which will prioritise social security, infrastructure development and economic transformation.

The governor spoke shortly after he was sworn in by the Chief Judge of Lagos State, Justice Oluwafunmilayo Atilade, at the Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos.

He said his administration would run an inclusive government, which he said would not leave anyone behind, adding that religious or tribal sentiment would not find expression in his government.

“No matter your age, tribe of religion, as long as you reside in Lagos, we will make Lagos work for you,” he said.

He commended Lagosians for their entrepreneurial spirit, noting that those who work hard will be rewarded.

He said his administration would create the Ministry of Wealth Creation, which will ensure that jobs and opportunities are available for the youth.

Ambode said: “Lagosians are hard working people. The state is striving because of its undying entrepreneurial spirit. However, we must realise that there are no shortcuts to success.

“Our youth must nurture good family value. I want our youths and younger ones to learn from my story. Anyone can rise and be what he wants to be. Your background and obstacle cannot be a barrier to your dream. In Nigeria and particularly in Lagos, you can always succeed.

“We must embrace new thinking and be determined to succeed at all times. I am ready to nurture that dream in our children, youth and every hard working Lagosian.

“We must reward hard work, merit and loyalty to the state.”

He maintained that the dwindling revenue from the federal government has affected the revenue base of many states in Nigeria. “But this state is blessed by the financial autonomy designed by our leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, hence the state has been spared the negative trend affecting most states in Nigeria relying on the revenue from the Federal Government to survive.”

The governor said for Lagos to retain its financial autonomy, there is need to redouble its effort and commitment to survive without going cap in hand begging the centre for money.

He urged the people to be responsible tax payers in order to sustain the tempo of development in the Centre of Excellence.

“We shall implement creative ideas and concepts that reduce the cost of running government. This shall make life better and happier for our people,” he said.

Meanwhile, the governor has announced the appointment of key officials of his government.

In a statement he personally signed, Ambode named Mr. Tunji Bello as Secretary to the State Government (SSG) and Mr. Samuel Olukunle Ojo as the Chief of Staff.

The statement further said that Mr. Abiodun Bamgboye has been appointed Principal Private Secretary, while Mr. Habib Adamson Aruna was appointed the Chief Press Secretary.

Bello, journalist and lawyer is a former Commissioner for Environment. He studied Political Science at the University of Ibadan and later went to the University of Lagos where he bagged a Masters in International Law and Diplomacy. He later read Law in the same university.

Source:http://www.naijanewsandevents.com/news_portal/politics/item/2374-i-ll-run-inclusive-govt-ambode.html

cc: lalasticlala
Re: I’ll Run Inclusive Government –Ambode by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 03, 2015
Will the OBA be included in your inclusive government

FTC...nothing so special about it sef

Meanwhile, don't forget to check my signature

(1) (Reply)

Amnesty International Report On The Military Attempt To: / APC Seeking Postponement Of National Assembly Leadership Elections. / APC Rejects Saraki, Dogara's Emergence As Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.