Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) (32554 Views)

Pro-Biafrans Stage A Peaceful Protest In America For The Release Of Kanu(Photos) / Police DSP Murdered In Rivers State Election (Graphic Photos) / Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu Leads Protesters In A Peaceful Protest In Benin (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by LadyX(f): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
In many countries, election period is usually filled with lots of propaganda and tension. Nigeria is no exception. We have read and seen pictures of dead people or those injured during election campaign. That's why I'm advocating for a peacefull election. Vote in peace bearing in mind that violence has dire consequences.

Effects of violence

1. Death
Without doubt, violence results in loss of life and serious injuries, which might leave you handicapped.

2. Loss of property
Criminals get the opportunity to loot because no one will sue them for theft.

3. Rape
Some people take advantage of women and rape them. They know that no one will punish them for breaking the law. The victim might be your mother, sister, wife, daughter, cousin, friend or neighbour.

4. Economic recession or downfall
Investors will flee and no one will want to invest in an insecure country for fear of loss of their money.

5. Interference with education
Children will not go to school when there is violence.

6. Loss of jobs
If some companies shut down due to violence, they will have to sack their employees.

7. Emergency of militia groups
When there is no government, or the government is not stable, there is a possibility of individuals who are hungry for power or those who want to protect their territory/people emerging. These groups are a threat to society and people suffer in their hands.

8. Famine/hunger
During violence, people flee for their lives. There is usually no one to farm so even after the violence is over, sometimes there is lack of food.
In addition, during violence there is scarcity of food and water. People die due to hunger.

How to prevent violence
1. Talk to your family members, especially the male. If you know they are likely to engage in violence, plead with them not to.
2. After voting go back home. That will minimise chances of you meeting or arguing with someone else about a particular candidate.
3. Don't drink so that you remain sober. You will make better judgement and decisions when sober.

Feel free to add yours.

Pics source: http://headoffish.com/h/the-politics-of-violence-and-intimidation-graphic-photos/

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by LewisO: 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
[size=14pt]Let's keep praying this coming election should bring Peace and unite us all for better.

Sai Buhari
Saturday4Buhari
[/size]

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by Viktoh(m): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
Vote not fight

God bless Nigeria

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by tosyne2much(m): 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
I dedicate this plot of land to my ex who left me out of greediness (Ojukokoro)

Now that God has turned my life around, she's now running from Pastors to Alfa; churches to mosques; herbalists to Guru Maraji, stalking me both online and offline to please accept her back and tie the knot

My advice to young ladies with gold digging habit is that, never look down on any man because of his current financial status or else, you will bite your fingers in regret at the end of the day cool

Pls help me with some likes and shares and watch God take you to a higher ground

205 Likes 63 Shares

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by immortalvoices(m): 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
[b]LadyX nice one from you...just what was going through ny mind...
However I will like to put in writing/typing/piece a comical scenario of election violence if we refuse to adhere strictly to what you wrote...

I was eating beans outside, thinking it was one of the
best I ever had when the first explosion was heard,
i ran out to find out what was going on and to my
horror, I saw
the sky split open and and a lot of strange aircrafts
came through the opening portal formed through the sky and then they dispersed in all directions,
shooting laser beams at people and building alike
disintegrating them on contact, thugs like soldiers
picked up some people and
tossed them
as if they are paper weighted,

they shot at streets, house, and dropped nuclear
Weapon that drilled into the earth, the roads
where cracked, smoke rose high and black to the sky.

People where scattered everywhere, some were
running, I even saw a man with clothes spread in
front of him
he said "Nwanne business must go on my brother" (hmm my igbo brothers)

There was a lady being dragged off by one of the
Commando like thugs and to my amazement, she
was screaming "pleeeease I will
go just let me confirm if my boyfriend sent the money he promised today" chai (women ehn!)

On a radio bartered by old age and only known
because of it's antenna was emitting music, suddenly
somewhere a man was speaking from the
radio "my fellow
Nigerians do not be afraid I am certain that the opposition party is behind this and be rest assure
that we will set up committee for this"

I turn around and noticed another general on tv
somewhere was a man wearing horn-rimmed glasses
was saying "pelo nijerian no matter whaz haffens
ztoday
make sure you zu all votez for change when the time
comes por we can't
Be intimidated"
it was chaos.

Behind me all of a sudden came a loud BOOOM!!!
I turned around and to my horror saw that where my house should have been, was a pile of rubbles and
my first thought was : "OH NO, MY POT OF BEANS!"

Then I woke realizing that it's only but a dream...but this could be real if we FIGHT instead VOTE...

Thanks ladyX
[/b]

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by LadyX(f): 5:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
immortalvoices:
[b]LadyX nice one from you...just what was going through ny mind...
However I will like to put in writing/typing/piece a comical scenario of election violence if we refuse to adhere strictly to what you wrote...

I was eating beans outside, thinking it was one of the
best I ever had when the first explosion was heard,
i ran out to find out what was going on and to my
horror, I saw
the sky split open and and a lot of strange aircrafts
came through the opening portal formed through the sky and then they dispersed in all directions,
shooting laser beams at people and building alike
disintegrating them on contact, thugs like soldiers
picked up some people and
tossed them
as if they are paper weighted,

they shot at streets, house, and dropped nuclear
Weapon that drilled into the earth, the roads
where cracked, smoke rose high and black to the sky.

People where scattered everywhere, some were
running, I even saw a man with clothes spread in
front of him
he said "Nwanne business must go on my brother" (hmm my igbo brothers)

There was a lady being dragged off by one of the
Commando like thugs and to my amazement, she
was screaming "pleeeease I will
go just let me confirm if my boyfriend sent the money he promised today" chai (women ehn!)

On a radio bartered by old age and only known
because of it's antenna was emitting music, suddenly
somewhere a man was speaking from the
radio "my fellow
Nigerians do not be afraid I am certain that the opposition party is behind this and be rest assure
that we will set up committee for this"

I turn around and noticed another general on tv
somewhere was a man wearing horn-rimmed glasses
was saying "pelo nijerian no matter whaz haffens
ztoday
make sure you zu all votez for change when the time
comes por we can't
Be intimidated"
it was chaos.

Behind me all of a sudden came a loud BOOOM!!!
I turned around and to my horror saw that where my house should have been, was a pile of rubbles and
my first thought was : "OH NO, MY POT OF BEANS!"

Then I woke realizing that it's only but a dream...but this could be real if we FIGHT instead VOTE...

Thanks ladyX
[/b]

You're welcome.

Thanks for putting it a way that everyone can understand. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by immortalvoices(m): 5:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
LadyX:

You're welcome.

Thanks for putting it a way that everyone can understand. God bless you.

cool
Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by EcoTerror: 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
Youths can kill themselves if they want to remain stupid but nigeria population will still be. 180million.

Are you not the Kenyan girl

1 Like

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by LadyX(f): 6:21am On Mar 25, 2015
EcoTerror:
Youths can kill themselves if they want to remain stupid but nigeria population will still be. 180million.

Are you not the Kenyan girl

We should discourage them from killing themselves.
Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by LadyX(f): 10:27am On Mar 26, 2015
Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by Mogidi: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2015

8 Likes

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by koligs: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2015
This shall not happen in Jesus name.
I rebuke any form of election violence.
Nigeria is going places....

All nairalanders will be safe in Jesus name.
I will comment after election!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by Obaiyski(m): 10:57am On Mar 26, 2015
My prayer was that election will be free and fair

1 Like

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by KELVIN086: 10:58am On Mar 26, 2015
k;
Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by Burger01(m): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2015
We shall not experience post election violence anymore. God will take control. Winners will rejoice while losers will accept results in good faith. And if aggrieved, the court of law is the best place to approach for redress and NOT violence.

It's well with Nigeria.

Sai Buhari

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 26, 2015
Violence can't help us.

The politicians will fly out when it starts.

We are the ones at the receiving end.
Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by pekeyim: 10:58am On Mar 26, 2015
Say no to violence, it doesn't pay.
$

Please inform the master of the "Baboon and Dogs"

Thanks
Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by ichidodo: 10:58am On Mar 26, 2015
We need prayers and guns at this time...

3 Likes

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by efilefun(m): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2015
SAY NO VIOLENCE.

Meanwhile it's just few days to go
It's time for change
Vote General Muhammadu Buhari for president of the federal republic of Nigeria
"Change is the only thing that is constant in this life and it's inevitable"
God bless you all as you all head to the polling boots to vote in the people's general

God bless GMB
God bless PYO
God bless Nigeria

Sai Buhari .... Change!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by pTomz(m): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2015
INEC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL. DATE:
28 MARCH 2015
TICKET: PVC
KICK OFF: 10:AM
VENUE: ESTADIO DE POLLING BOOT
CAPACITY: 68MILLION
REFFEREE: ATTAHIRU JEGA
CLUB: PDP vs APC
DEFENDING CHAMPION PDP:
FORMATION: 5-3-2. As the defending

#SAAAAI BABA JONA smiley
#CHAI BUHARI angry

7 Likes

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by layinkakeem(m): 10:59am On Mar 26, 2015
Say baba
Sai buhari
Buhari is the man of change ! He is the one Nigeria need right now, he is Nigeria saviour, don't forget about the chibok girls, don't forget about the bomb blast happening, despite that, all he does is to smile and wave.
That doesn't makes sense to me. Let us change the Nigeria.
Vote change and Nigeria will never remain the same again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by joystickextendr: 11:00am On Mar 26, 2015
Vote not fight

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by mickyeddi(m): 11:02am On Mar 26, 2015
You have to be completely insane to put your life at risk for any politician in Nigeria. They are all greedy 4cktards and don't give a 4ck about anybody but themselves.

1 Like

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by Symphony007: 11:02am On Mar 26, 2015
All those who are ready to die for this elections should realise that those who died for the 2011 elections are not here today, neither of the presidential candidates care and when you die in this election, nobody will care in 2019!! Be wise!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) by lonelydora: 11:02am On Mar 26, 2015
Help us O Lord

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Buratai Takes Breakfast With 112 Task Force Battalion After Victory!! / Fayemi, Wike’s Newfound Friendship Set Tongues Wagging / Breaking!!! See What IPMAN & NUPENG Are Saying About Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.