Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 (56265 Views)

Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode / New Electricity Tariff: Buhari May Face 1st Labour Showdown As NLC,TUC Spit Fire / NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by hotice01: 9:02am On Jun 03, 2015
Why pay for something you already bought(prepaid metre),its like mtn or Glo billing you for your mobile phone,and you'll still get to buy airtime and with very exorbitant tarriff plans with no light to show for it.it's like paying #750 for darkness.

All these companies are exploiting Nigerians greatly,if the government of PMB doesn't get to checkmate all these little excesses on time,Nigeria will boil before his tenure is out.its very annoying,its as if the common man has no hope and is never considered(except during elections) when certain national decisions are made.Nigerians are becoming enlightened and slowly getting angry at the state of things.Like an avalanche,it picks up speed slowly but when it does,its hard to stop.

4 Likes

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by ikkkkk: 9:05am On Jun 03, 2015
Now that Buhari is here, I hope he reduces those charges. Paying for a service not rendered.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Chivasex: 9:06am On Jun 03, 2015
So what is the fixed monthly rate for? because this means even while am not at home for say a year I will have bills waiting for me just because I am a Nigerian right?
IDIOTS and Criminals
I can see the so called change we voted for?
And no one even has the heck to challenge these evil people killing the common man.
Everywhere in the world I know once you switch off your meter you bills come to zero but no so for Nigeria where they keep reaping where they never sowed.
Not even thinkin of taking such fraudulent charge but they have stated that they will continue even increasing it as the years roll by.
What A shame
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Vision4God: 9:06am On Jun 03, 2015
Aitee1:
Which disco are they talking about here, is it reggae

grin grin grin grin
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by erico2k2(m): 9:07am On Jun 03, 2015
wordcat:
I will personally remove my wire from the electricity pole.

Buhari is the president now and I believe that soon, fuel price will come down to N40/litre.

GeneratorModeActivated
that's what we as Nigerian should do.invest in alternative form of power.solar is the way.

2 Likes

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Bollinger(m): 9:09am On Jun 03, 2015
wordcat:
I will personally remove my wire from the electricity pole.

Buhari is the president now and I believe that soon, fuel price will come down to N40/litre.

GeneratorModeActivated

And the moment he starts regulating price, you are no longer practicing capitalism. Market forces should determine price, not the president.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Desyree: 9:13am On Jun 03, 2015
All these professional jargon. somebody should please explain in a simple language. has the tariff increased or reduced? that's what i want to know
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by bfire(m): 9:16am On Jun 03, 2015
This is totally a day light robbery.
There's no guarantee of steady electricity anywhere and what's more, they are not giving any direction to wiping out estimated bills

Recently, supply was very low, yet they'll come up with fixed rate and bogus bill. Which power was sold and to whom?

Now, they are saying the consumers should pay for the loans through the increases in the rates. When did it get so bad that the government is playing 419 on its citizens?

1 Like

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Sijo01(f): 9:17am On Jun 03, 2015
Increment on top no light? chaiiiii, these people are really robbing us o. cry cry
We need ANOTHER CHANGE; this present change is not working cry cry cry
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Craigston: 9:20am On Jun 03, 2015

There are
bound to be strong protests when these
increases are implemented and this
may be one of the reasons why NERC
has finally accepted that the issuance of
estimated bills by DISCOs must be
swiftly brought to an end.
NERC has recently acknowledged that
the DISCOs are not doing enough to
provide meters for their unmetered
customers. NERC indicated that
although the Credited Advanced
Payment for Meter Implementation,
CAPMI, was introduced such that
customers can provide DISCOs with
funds for the acquisition of meters, the
DISCOs have not shown enough
commitment to providing their
customers with meters.
NERC therefore proposes to issue an
order stipulating the maximum amount
any unmetered customer would pay to
the DISCO that provides him/her
electricity services. I believe that an
estimated bill should not exceed
200kWh in a month and if the DISCO
believes the customer uses more than
200kWh per month, the DISCO should
as a priority provide the customer with
a meter.

The maximum cost of power per kWh, as stated by the summarized lies above, is about N18.50. Let's assume we are paying N20.00 per kWh, and on an unmetered consumption, the NERC fixes the maximum consumption possible at 200kWh. This implies that the maximum anyone without a meter should pay, monthly, under the mentioned DISCOs, is N4,000. Should any ladder-wielding human ask for more, under the mentioned DISCOs, you are free to react lawfully and proportionately.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by 989900: 9:23am On Jun 03, 2015
Can we have power supply first, then you can fix tariffs.

Most people won't mind paying those, if they have the power supply available.

How does one pay for a service he does not get?
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by symbianDON(m): 9:23am On Jun 03, 2015
this is nothing short of wickedness! how can Nigerians be arm-twisted into paying for abstract electricity?? this will only make any sense when each household has pre-paid meters installed and I smell the useless DISCO don't want that. Government had better tell this guys to chill else I foresee DISCO officials getting mobbed quite soon. mmtchewwwww awon oloriburuku eda.

2 Likes

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Xano(m): 9:27am On Jun 03, 2015
godofwar666:
I get no prob with the Nigeria Electricity, cause me and my family has been generating how light with Solar panel, since 2008

Though expensive, but better option. With good quality panels and equipment, it lasts for at least decade(s) with maintenance.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by yhemsy62(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2015
Nigeria as totally got it wrong

1 Like

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 03, 2015
eeyah. . as for IBEDC. .All I see is enriching Abubakar Abdulsalam.. no wonder he rallied round GMB then.. wicked capitalists ruling this country since 1966 fooling the masses with mixed economy BOBO....

1 Like

Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by datribune: 9:56am On Jun 03, 2015
d sale of PHCN by d former PDP govt to its cronies & sponsors is a very big fraud. Why sell an important national asset like PHCN to cronies wit no experience in d business of power generation?. Why not sell to tested & proven multinationals like SIEMENS, General Electric etc just as was done in d telecoms sector wit visible positive results. They then borrowed out nigeria's scarce resources to dis DISCOs owned by PDP sponsors & cronies.
NERC should be overhauled. Why not postpone any increase in tariff till d prepaid meters hav been made available to all to prevent citizens frm being scammed thru bogus, fraudulent estimates?.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Francon(f): 9:56am On Jun 03, 2015
Please help a friend find his dad from Plateau state or Jos. Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=41886492186&set=a.41884697186.64361.700432186&type=1
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by datribune: 10:01am On Jun 03, 2015
adeoti01:
eeyah. . as for IBEDC. .All I see is enriching Abubakar Abdulsalam.. no wonder he rallied round GMB GEJ then.. wicked capitalists ruling this country since 1966 fooling the masses with mixed economy BOBO....

FIXED
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by sniper77(m): 10:01am On Jun 03, 2015
NERC and the DISCOS will always milk us with new tariffs and the populace will continue to be victims.Pay more and get less service and use generators to provide electricity in our homes.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Sibrah: 10:04am On Jun 03, 2015
makzeze:
If we can have stable electricity for atleast 20 hours a day, no problem.
that's like saying if we have fuel for N500 a litre no problem. Sooner or later u will realize power cost incurred during production will go into final prices. It shld be at the right price.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by datribune: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2015
989900:
Can we have power supply first, then you can fix tariffs.

Most people won't mind paying those, if they have the power supply available.

How does one pay for a service he does not get?

Yeah but it must be wit pre-paid meters & not bogus, fraudulent estimates.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by brandmix: 10:11am On Jun 03, 2015
guys here in ibadan, my fixed charge is 1250 as opposed to 650.
I feel someone is ripping us off
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by datribune: 10:11am On Jun 03, 2015
yhemsy62:
Nigeria as totally got it wrong

Iwealanomics at work - enrich d privileged few & pauperize d masses.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by yommyflo(m): 10:44am On Jun 03, 2015
hassymo5:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/the-new-electricity-tariffs-from-july-2015/

we have a govt that is insensitive to key and pressing issues, light, security, health... stupid govt
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Reference(m): 10:44am On Jun 03, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Nigerians wanted change in government only but unfortunately everything is changing undecided

Hahahaha. You want me to laugh.....but really this is not funny....
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by Reference(m): 10:54am On Jun 03, 2015
As long as Nigerians continue to steal electricity and vandalise poeer infrastructure, estimated billing will continue. Who's gonna pay for all that.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by princejude(m): 10:59am On Jun 03, 2015
Wrong timing...
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by XtraSmooth404: 11:22am On Jun 03, 2015
No justifiable reason for that fixed charge. NERC will just sit in Abuja and make crappy decision and guess who bears the brunt? The DISCOs.
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by yemolz: 11:27am On Jun 03, 2015
The review would be appropriately when the time comes
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by akigbemaru: 11:37am On Jun 03, 2015
increased triffs
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by gbodimowo(m): 11:41am On Jun 03, 2015
Now we are in for it
Re: The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 by molas02: 11:42am On Jun 03, 2015
disco abi waitn una call am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" / Fani-Kayode Reacts To Trump's Appointment Of Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian / Oludamilola Osinbajo To Wed Oluseun Bakare, VP Announces Engagement Of Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.