Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce (2513 Views)

Saraki Fails To Disclose National Assembly Budget / Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget / Be Prepared To Play Credible Opposition, Mark Tells PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 03, 2015
Former Senate President, David Mark, has
warned Ben Bruce, the senator-elect for
Bayelsa east senatorial district over his
unguarded statements on issues relating
to National Assembly.
The business mogul has been in the news
lately after he took to his social media
platform to accuse Nigerian lawmakers of
enriching themselves at the expense of
Nigerians.

“There is a freedom of information law in
Nigeria. Nigerians have a right to know
everything about the national assembly’s
finances. I will push for openness,” he
wrote on his Twitter account earlier in
May.

“I would sponsor a bill that would seek to
reduce the cost of running the government
immediately after the inauguration of the
8th national assembly.
I will publish names of any of my
colleagues who vote against it. We will
deal with them.
“I am fighting corrupt elite. When they
drink a bottle of champagne that can
educate a child, they should know Ben
Bruce will fight them.”

However, speaking on Monday during a
retreat of lawmakers of the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) in Port Harcourt,
capital of Rivers state, Mark said details
of the finances of National Assembly was
available to the public.

“Every time you hear people talking about
the national assembly budget, for
heaven’s sake, the national assembly
budget is in the open,” he said.
“Unless you would say you have never
seen the national budget, it is a public
document. The national assembly budget
is there with every other budget.
“Our budget is open, what we earn is
open, if anybody wants to receive his
salary and donate it, he can donate it; he
doesn’t need to consult us.”

“We were the first to make a cut in 2015
budget and people should appreciate what
we are doing, not to come and give an
impression that our budget is bloated.
Has every other person made a cut? No,”
he said.

“We have tightened our belt more than
any other ministry today and I stand to be
corrected. I can put my hand on my chest
without fear of contradiction and say that
we make a lot of sacrifice in our
budgeting system. “And then we shouldn’t
play politics with what is a very serious
thing.”

www.newsrescue.com/you-are-warned-to-shut-up-on-national-assembly-budget-david-mark-barks-at-ben-bruce/#axzz3bjZkdc6k

Cc seun,mynd44
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Rounakid(m): 7:49am On Jun 03, 2015
Mtcheeeew...! I hate dis man...!
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by midolian(m): 7:50am On Jun 03, 2015
But true true, our Ben bruce sabi talk..Kilode! cheesy cheesy

Den never swear the guy in, the guy don talk wetin david mark never talk for 16yrs

Well, I pray he works for the poor masses just as he has promised sha.

3 Likes

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 03, 2015
David mark remains a role model for all to follow

2 Likes

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by indiraserv: 7:51am On Jun 03, 2015
Considering that he (MARK)has been a beneficiary for 16years and Bruce is now trying to pour san san in his garri,he shouldn't only say shutup he should buy him a mouth gag!
Nonsense!
Turned the senate to a Chieftancy title!
Now from being a Senate president to an ordinary floor member...
Never heard of leave when the ovation is loudest bah?

2 Likes

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by ginawest(f): 7:51am On Jun 03, 2015
they drink a bottle of champagne dat can educate a child? angry

heartless thieves

2 Likes

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 03, 2015
Has Ben Bruce accounted for the 16 billion naira he mismanaged at NTA?

UNTIL HE DOES THAT HE NEEDS TO SHUT HIS MOUTH.

All that money spent on NTA yet till today watching them is like punishment.
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by hedonistic: 7:58am On Jun 03, 2015
ginawest:

Yes. Some Champagne brands cost almost N100k a bottle and sometimes more in the elitist lounges bars, and restaurants our big men relax. That amount can certainly educate a child to some degree.

1 Like

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by DaGC(m): 8:06am On Jun 03, 2015
Didn't see where he told Mr Bruce to shut up angry

Well, Mark is right about the budget, earnings and salaries of the senate being public. Nigerians already know thanks to the FOI bill.

I think Mr Bruce means well but I'll wait till he gets sworn in before making any rational judgement.

1 Like

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Segadem(m): 8:12am On Jun 03, 2015
will soon be shut up after Ghana must go roll in into his car's boot.
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by dotune(m): 8:15am On Jun 03, 2015
David Mark our hero who has sacrificed so much for this nation. Errr how is our university doing brother Mark? Hope we r cashing in and out. God will grant u the strength to remain in the house for the next 20 years oo afterall some people don't see anything bad in being a nuisance and a redundant fellow in the NASS for 16 yrs.

1 Like

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by indiraserv: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2015
No he hasn't!
He stole it and has built a profitable business with it such that he no longer has to steal right?
Good!
How about those who keep stealing and stealing and stealing with who if you compare with Abacha he Abacha was a Saint.....
Even the thief on the cross with Jesus Christ was pardoned,why? Because he repented!
Ben Bruce is willing to make a change Leave his past ,we all have a past!
ROSSIKE:

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 03, 2015
Ben Bruce is more like a Farouk Lawan, always playing to the gallery. He has been elected already, all he need is to wait for inauguration and sponsor his bills.

1 Like

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by mikolo80: 8:40am On Jun 03, 2015
barcanista:
Ben Bruce is more like a Farouk Lawan, always playing to the gallery. He has been elected already, all he need is to wait for inauguration and sponsor his bills.
na d game be dat o
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by mikolo80: 8:43am On Jun 03, 2015
ROSSIKE:

thats what is known as chop and clean mouth.
he 'stole" like everybody else(smart)
and invested in his own tv(put his money where his mouth was) as he saw nta were not ready to move forward(his replacement reversed his policies except 24hrs broadcasting)
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Chiaka(f): 9:13am On Jun 03, 2015
Right. Headline just to create attention!

DaGC:
Didn't see where he told Mr Bruce to shut up angry

Well, Mark is right about the budget, earnings and salaries of the senate being public. Nigerians already know thanks to the FOI bill.

I think Mr Bruce means well but I'll wait till he gets sworn in before making any rational judgement.
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Chiaka(f): 9:15am On Jun 03, 2015
Where is the website with details. They are the highest paid politicians world wide while Nigeria workers are one of the least paid in the world.
Rich politicians of poor people. Its not Balanced! Ben Bruce is right! David Mark is greedy!
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Dannyset(m): 9:20am On Jun 03, 2015
This David Mark go soon beat somebody on this National Assembly budget matter.

1 Like

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by sassygal(f): 9:26am On Jun 03, 2015
ginawest:

A bottle of LOUIS ROEDERER Cristal Magnum goes for 116,000 - 125,000 naira retail and i managed an event where 50 of those were served, by a controversial governor
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by joseph1832(m): 9:28am On Jun 03, 2015
Mack oh Mack, trying to cover your old bum bum eh! Shout on Ben Bruce. At least when you assume office, your actions will speak better for you and let Nigerians know that you're also good for sponsoring healthy bills rather than organizing MBGN pageants! grin
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:30am On Jun 03, 2015
Why dont yu come and shut it for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 03, 2015
David Mark is still Senate President why call him former senate president?

Or is there another senate president?

1 Like

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by lovemoi2(f): 9:42am On Jun 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
David mark remains a role model for all to follow

who's role model??

An inconsiderate thief is not my role model
Also I dont write anyhow, so I know what i'm saying!!!!
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 03, 2015
lovemoi2:

who's role model??

An inconsiderate thief is not my role model
Also I dont write anyhow, so I know what i'm saying!!!!

I see that Tinubu is not a thief as well.

2 Likes

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 03, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

lol
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by chesterlee(m): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2015
This Ben Bruce wan turn FFK?
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by kokoA(m): 10:14am On Jun 03, 2015
There's something about David Mark I just don't understand.. The guy totally hate poor people.. He once said telephone is not for the poor, he took things very personal when a bill proposing the payment of 20k stipends to all unemployed graduates came up, he personally kicked that bill out of the NA. Let's be sincere and drop politics aside, under David Mark's leadership for the past 8 years, has there been anytime the NA passed a people oriented bill? The dude is so strange mehn..
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by lovemoi2(f): 10:20am On Jun 03, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

I dont care about tinubu either,

No thief is my role model
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 03, 2015
kokoA:
There's something about David Mark I just don't understand.. The guy totally hate poor people.. He once said telephone is not for the poor, he took things very personal when a bill proposing the payment of 20k stipends to all unemployed graduates came up, he personally kicked that bill out of the NA. Let's be sincere and drop politics aside, under David Mark's leadership for the past 8 years, has there been anytime the NA passed a people oriented bill? The dude is so strange mehn..

Hmnn
Cc lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
joseph1832:
Mack oh Mack, trying to cover your old bum bum eh! Shout on Ben Bruce. At least when you assume office, your actions will speak better for you and let Nigerians know that you're also good for sponsoring healthy bills rather than organizing MBGN pageants! grin

lol

1 Like

Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by citizenY(m): 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
indiraserv:
Considering that he (MARK)has been a beneficiary for 16years and Bruce is now trying to pour san san in his garri,he shouldn't only say shutup he should buy him a mouth gag!
Nonsense!
Turned the senate to a Chieftancy title!
Now from being a Senate president to an ordinary floor member...
Never heard of leave when the ovation is loudest bah?

David Mark for Senate minority leader... unopposed
.. someone shout aye
.... the ayes have it.
Re: Shut Up On National Assembly Budget : David Mark Tells Ben Bruce by chimerase2: 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
Abeg wen will dey SWEAR for de guy? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s / International Protest For Enugu Fulani Attack, But None For ND Attacks / Biafran Shoemaker & Designer Requests For President Buhari's Size (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.