Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ (947 Views)

ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Senate Presidency: Lawan/akume Ticket Excites PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ by ridwanomooba: 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari, has denied media reports that he recently declared his preference for Senator Ahmed Lawan as the new Senate President. 

The President reiterated his earlier position that he is willing to work with any leader of the Senate, irrespective of what part of the country he or she originates from.

A section of the media had reported that President Buhari disclosed his preference for Senator Lawan during a meeting held late Tuesday night with the NWC members at Aso Rock. ‎

Mr President described the media report as false and unfounded. ‎

“I am prepared to work with any leaders that the House or Senate selects,” the President Said. 

The race for the Senate Presidency is a two-horse race between Senators Bukola Saraki (Kwara State) and Ahmed Lawan (Yobe State)‎

Meanwhile, ‎according to source in National Working Committee (NWC) of the APC, the majority of APC Senators-Elect who have signed in support of Senator Bukola Saraki have warned the leadership of the party against imposition of unpopular candidate on them.  ‎

‎In a related development, our reporter gathered that in less than seven days to the inauguration of the Eighth Senate, 70 Senators-Elect have reportedly supported Senator Bukola Saraki as their preferred candidate for the Senate Presidency. 

The Like Minds group pushing for the emergence of Senator Saraki which drawn its membership‎, not only from the APC but also, the PDP is said to presently boast of 70 Senators-Elect. 

Re: ‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ by Ohammadike: 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
APC is confused and dazed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ by OkutaNla: 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
Lol. Wetin man pikin no go hear over this matter? Who make pesin come believe now ? Even Sahara reporters dey add to the confusion. Smh. They better get their acts together. In the meantime, OP pls add your source. Thanx
Re: ‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ by Sleekydee(m): 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
I am the man for the Job, Buhari Observe.
Re: ‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ by SOUPF: 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dont be quick to believe all you read from the media..

1 Like

Re: ‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ by seunmsg(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
No source?

1 Like

Re: ‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ by bizbrainko: 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
op where is your source?

1 Like

Re: ‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ by PassingShot(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
No source?

1 Like

Re: ‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ by jascon1(m): 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
These selections are all going one-sided. I feel southerners are being marginalised here. Is supposed to be fair democracy, isn't it?
Re: ‎senate Presidency: Lawan Not My Preferred Candidate - Presiden‎t Buhari‎ by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
Fake news from a fake person. Buhari won't even be heard mentionng names

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why was national security Meeting Held By Buhari Involve Only Northern Security? / Buhari's Legacy As Minister Of Petroluem / President Muhammadu Buhari Orders Return Of Military Check Point.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.