Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job (53300 Views)

Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / He Wants To Quit His Multinational Job For Yahoo Yahoo....pls Advice / Lessons From His Job Test Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by rattlesnake(m): 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
Sha nla
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by enesty77(m): 11:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
ayo20:
Brb

I dey come
come na which kind space booking be dis one na.. Abi u wan build mansion for ur future generations ne?
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nokiae5: 11:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
AnneMomoh:

ijeoma?

i intend to keep a date with her but she said i should start with you. Anyways towards that?
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by ayodejisure: 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

Was hoping to bring up this discussion later this week, but after receiving notification of salary payment for May yesterday, payment which looks to have been taxed, contrary to our verbal agreement of 80,000 after tax, its imperative i bring this up and since it looks like you might not be in the office today i decided to send it as email, i apologize for the inconvenience.

Sir, after four months (Feb-May) of working, it has become obvious to me that i cannot cope with the pay and the logistics of the job for the following reasons.

1. coming to work everyday and closing by 5pm (making me get home very late) even when there is no IT support work to do, making me sit out the whole day like a receptionist .

2. doing admin jobs (filling invoices, taking cheques to bank, attending to generator etc.) and running errands (including going to buy drink for your son) all of which are not part of an IT support person's job.

3. unconducive work environment. (i use my computer, i use my internet, office is always hot)

Sir, managing with all of the reasons i have given above would have been a lot easier if was getting paid enough to do it, but for a contract non permanent job i am taking a pay cut to do, it is not workable.
Congrat!!!
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Jarus(m): 11:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

Was hoping to bring up this discussion later this week, but after receiving notification of salary payment for May yesterday, payment which looks to have been taxed, contrary to our verbal agreement of 80,000 after tax, its imperative i bring this up and since it looks like you might not be in the office today i decided to send it as email, i apologize for the inconvenience.

Sir, after four months (Feb-May) of working, it has become obvious to me that i cannot cope with the pay and the logistics of the job for the following reasons.

1. coming to work everyday and closing by 5pm (making me get home very late) even when there is no IT support work to do, making me sit out the whole day like a receptionist .

2. doing admin jobs (filling invoices, taking cheques to bank, attending to generator etc.) and running errands (including going to buy drink for your son) all of which are not part of an IT support person's job.

3. unconducive work environment. (i use my computer, i use my internet, office is always hot)

Sir, managing with all of the reasons i have given above would have been a lot easier if was getting paid enough to do it, but for a contract non permanent job i am taking a pay cut to do, it is not workable.

If this is all you do, I'm afraid you're being overpaid. A school cert holder can do these for 30k per month.

5pm too late to close?

10 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Raylight2(m): 11:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
Chukwutobi:
given the reasons stated, it is a nice move. however, if OP doesn't have an alternative, then it is a bad decision.
seconded
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
princeofpeace22:
lolz ingrate
can you survive that kind of demeaning job
quick to judge ppl when you have no idea what its like to be in their shoes.

2 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Spells(m): 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
The letter = to the kinda job.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by enesty77(m): 11:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
Raylight2:
seconded
wink thirded cheesy
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
mzmeeday:

can you survive that kind of demeaning job
quick to judge ppl when you have no idea what its like to be in their shoes.
ewu Gambia
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by BeeCool15: 11:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
Lol! All these comments ehn... Maybe he can apply for 'housewifery'. Being a housewife is a fulltime job now o. Read here to confirm - http://thenakedconvos.com/yanga-tnc-housewife/
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Raylight2(m): 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
no insults please
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

Was hoping to bring up this discussion later this week, but after receiving notification of salary payment for May yesterday, payment which looks to have been taxed, contrary to our verbal agreement of [nd since it looks like you might not be in the office today i de....
OP if this story is actually true, i wont condemn your action like the others cos i can tell you a thing or two about shitty jobs....
But i hope you have a plan B, you are an IT guy/girl your market is sellable , upgrade yourself bigger companies need your ideas than a ' buying coke for oga son company' .... Goodluck.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by PreciousBro: 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mehn! Whatever Floats His Boat o....

It isn't easy to just place blame on him,for what we know,a grown up in this present day Nigeria knows how difficult it is to find Job and for some reason(s) this guy quits his....

I mean, the shoe might be a little bit tight and uncomfortable for him to get off it.

Having said that,Patience is still a virtue lol

2 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
princeofpeace22:

ewu Gambia
obviously you are hes oga's son, the coke drinking re ta rd( wont all nl modify this, i mean re-ta-rd as in arindin ) the blabber mouth princeofpersia, ewu sudan .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
ok... hope he can find something else to do.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by alvan06(m): 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
Men,i must advice you 80k is not bad for now,though it's not enough due to rate of rent and bills,sha you are old enough to know d best but seek God....
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Elipsis: 11:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
Wow. This sounds almost like my job!

And I also resigned today because of all the reasons you listed!

And I've been working there since February too!

Op, are you me? shocked

Really strange.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by ikukuhero: 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
80,000 naira and u are complaining? Okay, my sister lives at Agege area, ( mainland) and goes to work everyday close to Epe ( after Ajah on the island). Her salary is 69,000 naira per month. She has her BSc and MSc and certifications. She leaves home 5am and returns 10pm each day. She is a contract staff. She recently asked for a pay raise but was insulted and told to leave if she wished as she'll be replaced in 24 hrs. So, Mr. Man, manage ur 80,000 but get a plan B asap. Good luck ! Life in Nigeria is tough.

5 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Realist2: 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
lomodele:

I wonder if u are ever employed, or may be u are just the lazy type dat preferred being payed for nothing or maybe u just don't knw wat employment contract is

i beg where,s the place because i have someone who is even ready to do more than that for 50k
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by ManTiger(m): 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
OP think thrice before you decide. 80k is not a joke o. Na wetin level 11 step 3 dey earn for Oyo state civil service commission o.

Just be sure what ur next move is.

3 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by NobleG1(m): 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

Your letter is good if you already have a plan B job that's better.
One of the following will happen after you send the email;

- He may go back to the verbal agreement he made with you and not ask you to do anything outside your profession. Why did you even accept a "verbal agreement"? Verbal agreement can't be accepted in a court of law if he denies it! Always have your agreements on paper and signed.

- He may go back to the verbal agreement but still requires you to also do things outside your profession. Having a plan B is also important here if you don't like the other things he would want you to do. For me as long as buying his son a drink is not included, then accept it, after all, you don't do much work.

- He may sack you. That's why you should have a plan B in case it happens. If you have no plan B, sending that email to your boss may render you jobless. It will be better you wait until you have a plan B.

So think very well before you do anything. Nigerian job market is terrible.

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by kipesco(m): 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

There other things bothering this guy not the job per say.
I once worked with a friend. I manages the business selling Aluminium profiles for GMP but because of competition I can't add a dime less complain reaches my boss or they dash to the other who is close.
I controlled two shops (Aluminum and Accessories) and was paid 10k per month. I talked to my boss to increase the pay to at least 20k but he refused so I get to quit without thinking of what to do next.
This dude might be suffering of other things which he has refused to tell his boss.
But if he leaves in good faith without problems he created surely he will find a better one. Just like me today.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 04, 2015
mzmeeday:

obviously you are hes oga's son, the coke drinking re ta rd( wont all nl modify this, i mean re-ta-rd as in arindin ) the blabber mouth princeofpersia, ewu sudan .
anu mpama. ewu lagos.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by 1miccza: 12:10am On Jun 04, 2015
This guy must be high on something else,guy you see work wey you fit use play dey do your runs make dem still dey pay you na in you dey speak all this long grammar??Op where the company dey abeg i no mind dey clean the man shoe as long as dem dey pay me my money...Get me that kind of a job and the owner would understand the meaning of these two words "runsman" and "unserious fellow"

2 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by shurlermoz(m): 12:11am On Jun 04, 2015
It's easy to blame people when you haven't walked in their shoes.
I am 1000% sure there are other insults the guy didn't include in his write up.

My guy, don't worry. The good Lord will direct your path, na God dey plan for person.
It's not by power or by might, if you like have plan A-z you sha still need God's blessings.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Tonyet1(m): 12:12am On Jun 04, 2015
Our universities trained people to become graduates but failed to train them for the life of an employee...sad!

@OP, I did all your mentioned and more, and today I run a business empire from the experience I gained. "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die"... cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by olenime(m): 12:14am On Jun 04, 2015
I did same too for 40k for 2years! 2013-2015
Thank God I'm out of slavery in the name of no work in the country!
After wearing my nice shirt, all tucked-in my pants, boss will give me keg to buy fuel without his car! But rather give me his car to go pick his daughter from school!
Generator attendant!
Errand boy! Banks, food, house duties, etc
No closing time! Can call u 6pm to come him anywhr!
Saturday coming isn't left out!
Closed chapterr in my life!

2 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by deniyor: 12:22am On Jun 04, 2015
OP is an expensive messenger.

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Skoopy(m): 12:26am On Jun 04, 2015
Buying drinks for his boss son... gat me laughing!

5 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Ekaka1(m): 12:38am On Jun 04, 2015
lomodele:

I wonder if u are ever employed, or may be u are just the lazy type dat preferred being payed for nothing or maybe u just don't knw wat employment contract is
It's slave labor to say the least.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Programme 2019 / You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call / Job Conditions Man Gave To Ex-Corper (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.