Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job (53299 Views)

Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / He Wants To Quit His Multinational Job For Yahoo Yahoo....pls Advice / Lessons From His Job Test Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by AreaFada2: 1:56am On Jun 04, 2015
@OP,

From talking to people, about 50% of employees endure various degrees of dissastisfaction with their jobs.
People endure worse than you just mentioned.

While you sit idling by, getting food for oga's son (got me cracking this) is a way of exercising your legs and breath fresh air.
If you have a plan B, congrats.

If you don't have plan B and you're responsible for others like your kids/family, not a bright idea.

In a place like 9ja, you should have enough savings to sustain you for at least 6 months before you quit your job.

Better still, save enough/raise enough to establish a private business before you quit. Because you might just not be cut out as an employee.

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by InvertedHammer: 2:13am On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

Was hoping to bring up this discussion later this week, but after receiving notification of salary payment for May yesterday, payment which looks to have been taxed, contrary to our verbal agreement of 80,000 after tax, its imperative i bring this up and since it looks like you might not be in the office today i decided to send it as email, i apologize for the inconvenience.

Sir, after four months (Feb-May) of working, it has become obvious to me that i cannot cope with the pay and the logistics of the job for the following reasons.

1. coming to work everyday and closing by 5pm (making me get home very late) even when there is no IT support work to do, making me sit out the whole day like a receptionist .

2. doing admin jobs (filling invoices, taking cheques to bank, attending to generator etc.) and running errands (including going to buy drink for your son) all of which are not part of an IT support person's job.

3. unconducive work environment. (i use my computer, i use my internet, office is always hot)

Sir, managing with all of the reasons i have given above would have been a lot easier if was getting paid enough to do it, but for a contract non permanent job i am taking a pay cut to do, it is not workable.
/
You don't know the value of what you have until you lose it. If only you know how many slackers will kill to have your job. Hey! At least you get paid on time. No salaries in arrears? If you don't like it, start looking for another one. In all, don't forget that a bird at hand is worth more than ten in the bush
/
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by propzncribz: 2:13am On Jun 04, 2015
Dear Op,

It is incumbent you pass this message to who ever wrote this letter the following message.

After quitting your job, do not reapply for another job, rather use your skills to become self employed. From the body of the above letter, this person has skills that a company needs, so why not put that skills into setting a company of his or her own. It might sound absurd but Nigeria has opportunities more than a lot of countries to make it as a self employed individual. Many companies or establishment in Nigeria require you to do extra jobs out of the job description. This is not off limits, it is what it is.

I have never worked for anyone in Nigeria and its not because I can't get a job but Its because I don't want to do it. I would rather put my time, expertise and strength to my own company.

Its not going to be easy but its going to be worth it in the end. It just takes persistency and courage.

Nairaland did not have a million members at the start. It took time and the owner believing its possible.

You did the good thing by quitting but it will be better thing to focus on yourself and not working for anyone but yourself even if it means coaching people on how to attain the skills you have required by going to school.

Hope this letter opens your eyes and motivates you.

Good luck.

Yours Sincerely
Bla bla bla

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by ideykwum: 2:19am On Jun 04, 2015
Very stupid decision if you don't have an alternative!! Ever heard of the "Monkey Approach" to job seeking? Never leave a branch until you're holing on to another!

No sentiments, the aim of a job at the bottom of the pyramid is to get experience and get paid stipends to get it so, except you've gotten the requisite experience to aspire for a better job, you've just done a childish thing. You need to stoop to conquer...

!quote author=oladimejiX post=34387699]
you really think its a bad decision?[/quote]
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Anextin(f): 2:30am On Jun 04, 2015
My dear writer I support you, I know what u feel is way deeper than what u wrote. Some employers use people like they have no vision or direction in life, and a smart person get to a stage in life where they vehemently refuse to take such and I think Op Is at that point.
When u know your worth and u are not a beginner, then u sell your self high. You don't just sucomb to any humiliation and maltreatment because u know your self worth. Most people that thinks he's wrong probably had a hard time finding job. But I tell u this, if u are good in what u do, I mean exceptional good. Then u have no fear and u won't stand for anyone treating you like trash. I listened to a preacher on VISION and I came to understand that when ones vision is clear and he knows his target, he doesn't stay and take things that would never promote him.
Ops description of that office is a place u work in and u remain in one spot all Tru ur life with no career growth and even self esteem. My dear, u did well in leaving, I know u already have something lined up. GOODLUCK

3 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Anextin(f): 2:39am On Jun 04, 2015
Some people work in order to broaden their horizon, to get better at what they do, to become professionals or the next big thing. He was employed as an IT personnel not an administrative assistant or a personal assistant, in fact that is not even a secretary's job. He has his duties lined out for him and administrative wasn't part of it. Why turn him into an errand boy. It's not everyone who sits and take such, especially people who knows their worth. And believe me, the young nan did a good thing by resigning because in the next two years with such company he will even forget what IT means cos he will be far away from computer. .
InvertedHammer:

/
You don't know the value of what you have until you lose it. If only you know how many slackers will kill to have your job. Hey! At least you get paid on time. No salaries in arrears? If you don't like it, start looking for another one. In all, don't forget that a bird at hand is worth more than ten in the bush
/
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 2:47am On Jun 04, 2015
Hungry neva beat u. Nor worry go stay house for 3months first.

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Allansmith: 3:34am On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

Was hoping to bring up this discussion later this week, but after receiving notification of salary payment for May yesterday, payment which looks to have been taxed, contrary to our verbal agreement of 80,000 after tax, its imperative i bring this up and since it looks like you might not be in the office today i decided to send it as email, i apologize for the inconvenience.

Sir, after four months (Feb-May) of working, it has become obvious to me that i cannot cope with the pay and the logistics of the job for the following reasons.

1. coming to work everyday and closing by 5pm (making me get home very late) even when there is no IT support work to do, making me sit out the whole day like a receptionist .

2. doing admin jobs (filling invoices, taking cheques to bank, attending to generator etc.) and running errands (including going to buy drink for your son) all of which are not part of an IT support person's job.

3. unconducive work environment. (i use my computer, i use my internet, office is always hot)

Sir, managing with all of the reasons i have given above would have been a lot easier if was getting paid enough to do it, but for a contract non permanent job i am taking a pay cut to do, it is not workable.

Bolded Comments got me laughing..... grin

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by MicroBox: 4:38am On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:

you really think its a bad decision?
Let him move on quickly and face reality before he will be tied down and family members would start seeing him as a working class with the hope of getting bigger by promotion.
Kudos @OP
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by tk4rd: 4:55am On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

It is understandable that the person no more likes his job.. But please, tell him to place the vacancy here on Nairaland.. Many people are willing to replace him - given the present condition of the economy..
By the way, I hope he fulfilled the laws of quitting very well.? (Before you quit a current job, make sure that the next job is already ready for you to take up, if not, you may remain jobless for a very long time)
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 04, 2015
The only thing I can say is that half bread is better than kwilikwili.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Seriallinks(m): 5:14am On Jun 04, 2015
LOL grin Funny guy! But nice move too...most IT guys love their jobs so it would be very frustrating doing something that isn't related to their job description! 9ja sha...

If he is an IT-pro, I don't think getting another job would a problem; depending on where he lives though!

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by onatisi(m): 5:46am On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:

none of the reasons quoted by the op is cogent enough to make him quit the job. What I see in the op letter is just pride and ego problem on the part of the op.

2 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Bensondrums(m): 5:50am On Jun 04, 2015
Seriously dis is one of the worst flying eagles nigeria has ever assembled.my opinion though.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 04, 2015
op be more professional about this. How can u start a paragraph with "Was hoping..." Na gist you dey gist?? This is a formal letter and not some NL post. Edit ASAP!
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 04, 2015
Bensondrums:
Seriously dis is one of the worst flying eagles nigeria has ever assembled.my opinion though.

You saw flying eagles in the letter? Or sleep still dey ur eye??
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Akeem79(m): 5:55am On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:

yup if there's no other alternative ..
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by kelvine(m): 6:03am On Jun 04, 2015
I share your views all the way. So sure the OP hasn't started picking real bills, most probably still getting free food and accommodation at home.
As an I.T professional he should have used his Laptop and internet to trace his way to his next level.

naijainfogalery:
I pity who ever wrote this. people like that hardly succeed in life.
Imagine someone compalining of waiting till 5pm to go home, were you not paid to stay from 8am to 5pm?
The person is even lucky the salary came on time, and even if you guys verbally agree on 80k after tax what still holds is what is in your offer letter , so another letter wil have to be done to enforce that
work environment - well i wont say much on this -

The realities of Life will dawn on the guy after waiting for months before getting another job

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 04, 2015
I hope you already have alternative (an immediate replacement job)? If not, be getting your shooooeeee ready to begin trekking.!
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Chigorkizz(m): 6:20am On Jun 04, 2015
Na Godwin
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Chilug(m): 6:27am On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:

If he doesn't have an alternative, its an even terrible decision.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 04, 2015
this letter is inspirational. I have just modified the template and forward to my Pakistani boss. my plan b just worked out] at d right time. thank you jesus. below is the template
Dear Sir,i am hoping to bring up this discussion later this week, but after receiving notification of salary payment for May yesterday, payment which looks to have been short by R1000, contrary to our verbal agreement of R21,000. its imperative i bring this up and since it looks like you might not be in the office today i decided to send it as email, i apologize for the inconvenience.
Sir, after two months of doing the work (April-May) , it has become obvious to me that i cannot cope with the pay and the logistics of the job for the following reasons.

1. coming to work everyday and closing by 5pm and sometimes 5.30 and 6pm occasionally (making me get tired) .

2.attending to high traffic of patients load without any apreciation. the work in your surgery is minimum of 1800 rands a day for any dr.
You have taken enough advantage of me on the ground that I was not registered, but remember I was doing the work of a registered dr....if not better.while you were being paid the consultation fee of a registered dr.
Sir, coping with all of the reasons i have given above,it would have been a lot easier if i was getting paid enough to do it, but for a locum non contract, non permanent ,just a verbal job i am taking a low pay to do the work of 2 to 3 drs it is not workable.
on this premise, I have quit your job.thanks for the opportunity. ..much to your advantages.
Remember, I tried to bring dz to your notice few weeks ago that I cannot do your work at R20,000 that the R21,000 was just for a trial but you rebuffed me.
you can use the payment of 1st,2nd and 3rd of june to cover the house rent of 1800. I will send the keys to the apartment through dr.s.o..
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 6:36am On Jun 04, 2015
My dear you maid the right decision. Better would come. Such type of conditions neva improves and at the ending you would still leave.

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 04, 2015
at op ....I support your action.i just sent one to my Pakistani boss here in RSA. though, I will be resuming a better job,less stressful, moderate pay and better returns and room for underground runs..
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by hustla(m): 6:37am On Jun 04, 2015
And you wonder why people want to leave Nigeria? grin
Thats $400 for 1 month, when someone who works as a mere store attendant in the US will probably earn more with better working conditions
With 80k, after transport, feeding and rent, wetin wan remain? How wont he want to take bribe if offered?

We have a long way to go in this country

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Btruth: 6:58am On Jun 04, 2015
Can't blame him/her. Only the writer knows what he/she desire most from the work. Though, to some people, the 80k a month is something, but for some, it's just the beginning. If one doors doesn't close, it's difficult for another to open. And never underestimate your potentials.

Good morning.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by olumosen(m): 6:59am On Jun 04, 2015
dis country ehn......
if u apply for chef for some hotel, manager go dey tell u say make u go dey clear grass make u go dey repair generator wey u no be engineer. Dey do am so tey enter higher institution................u apply for micro biology dem go giv u yoruba

2 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by missojugo(f): 7:12am On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

laughing like a crazy person in traffic this morning!!! Thanks op...

Itsnot workable....lolz

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by eleshin(m): 7:24am On Jun 04, 2015
missojugo:

laughing like a crazy person in traffic this morning!!! Thanks op...

Itsnot workable....lolz

So it's a comic relief to you when this guy is in pain abi? You even thank him, for what? Pls don't lemme talk.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by deewhylaf13: 7:26am On Jun 04, 2015
Guys.., pls beware of dis advert anywhere. dey are hungry people, people dat will never eat d fruit of dia labour in life. dey only use d advert to dupe people. I was a victim. may u guys never av peace..... still wondering if dat 1k will deliver u from ur poverty (I also first see dis advert on nairaland b4 falling)

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by tessylove2(f): 7:34am On Jun 04, 2015
If you have an alternative cool but if not hmmm

www.gistwithtessy.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call / Job Conditions Man Gave To Ex-Corper (Photos) / 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.