Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,699 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job (53315 Views)

Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / He Wants To Quit His Multinational Job For Yahoo Yahoo....pls Advice / Lessons From His Job Test Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by oladimejiX: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
Elipsis:
Wow. This sounds almost like my job!

And I also resigned today because of all the reasons you listed!

And I've been working there since February too!

Op, are you me? shocked

Really strange.
that's interesting
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by lomodele(m): 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
ewizard1:

Thats the Boss the letter was delivered to.
Lol grin
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by olatricia(m): 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
My friend, am sorry to say, but sometimes we don't have to mise words in saying the truth. Your sister is DAFT. She is suffering from low self esteem and the reason why her organization can say they will replace her 24hrs is because she has not made herself relevant in anyway. Acquiring M.Sc or any other certificate is not tantamount to efficiency. I'll rather sell pure at agege busstop than go to ajah everyday for 69k. Goossshhhh. Use your head!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

ikukuhero:
80,000 naira and u are complaining? Okay, my sister lives at Agege area, ( mainland) and goes to work everyday close to Epe ( after Ajah on the island). Her salary is 69,000 naira per month. She has her BSc and MSc and certifications. She leaves home 5am and returns 10pm each day. She is a contract staff. She recently asked for a pay raise but was insulted and told to leave if she wished as she'll be replaced in 24 hrs. So, Mr. Man, manage ur 80,000 but get a plan B asap. Good luck ! Life in Nigeria is tough.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by bizza45: 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
LOL I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING ..... OGA MANAGER HELP D YOUNG MAN SO THAT HE WILL STOP BUYING COKE FOR YOUR SON HAHAHAHAGAGAGGAHAGA
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by kelvine(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
You have a valid point I would be glad to learn from but you refused to present it calmly.

babosky2008:
is pple like u dt find it difficult in life. say no to slavery. If u don't look up u w go down or remain in d same Spot like a stagnant water body. I did what dz guy did coz my job is on hot demand. it's pple llke u dt begs for job dt w aprc8 modern day slavery in present day nigeria.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by remirez07(m): 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

Was hoping to bring up this discussion later this week, but after receiving notification of salary payment for May yesterday, payment which looks to have been taxed, contrary to our verbal agreement of 80,000 after tax, its imperative i bring this up and since it looks like you might not be in the office today i decided to send it as email, i apologize for the inconvenience.

Sir, after four months (Feb-May) of working, it has become obvious to me that i cannot cope with the pay and the logistics of the job for the following reasons.

1. coming to work everyday and closing by 5pm (making me get home very late) even when there is no IT support work to do, making me sit out the whole day like a receptionist .

2. doing admin jobs (filling invoices, taking cheques to bank, attending to generator etc.) and running errands (including going to buy drink for your son) all of which are not part of an IT support person's job.

3. unconducive work environment. (i use my computer, i use my internet, office is always hot)

Sir, managing with all of the reasons i have given above would have been a lot easier if was getting paid enough to do it, but for a contract non permanent job i am taking a pay cut to do, it is not workable.
bravo!!!! I love his decision. I gινє He 2months without job, he will come back and beg the oga @ the top.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by ZangeezWear: 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
Some people are driven by accomplishment in what they have chosen to do while some are driven by what's in their plate. That guy will likely find a more fulfilling job soon.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by kelvine(m): 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
You sound very enlightened and the presentation of your points challenges my philosophy. In many ways I am sure a lot of people here who seem to have a contrary opinion have their beliefs borne out of present day economic reality.

Resigning from a frustrating job is easy when you are young, single and have less bills to pick. Trust me being a family man even your wife will tell you to stay in the struggle till you get a better job. Yes, you may be good at what you do as a professional and bold enough to face the unknown but the harsh reality is that bills won't wait till your break through arrives. There are far too many gifted professionals broke and in huge debts.

You did excellently well planning your exit by pro-active savings and notification in lieu of resignation but it is not stated in this thread that the OP did same, that is the concern. Also in writing resignation letters it is unnecessary stating bitterly your frustrations while in service, he could have made his resignation simple.

Cant advice the OP, life has enough lessons for him as he has some more growing up to do.

olatricia:
Dear Mr. Writer. With much regards to your opinion, I honestly beg to differ staunchly at your view. To me, such mentality of yours is not that of a professional (infact a learned fellow) but that of a civil servant. One, i want you to know that you and your employer are in a mutual relationship, he employed you to do what he can ordinarily do and you accepted the offer because you have need what he can pay. You are both rendering value to each other. So either of you can decided to stop the flow of value based on the initial deed you both have in the engagement letter. You can't employ me to offer you an I.T. service and keep me sitting from money till evening doing absolutely nothing, to make it worse, you send me on ridiculous errands, NO!. I'll quit because practice brings specialization, by the end of 6 months i'll be worse off than I was wen you employed me. No challenge, no responsibility automatically no growth! To me, I see reason in the guy's complaints because he was not complaining primarily about money, he was complaining about the intrinsic factor that makes one happy at one's job. I resigned a computer operation job in year 2006 because my boss will ask me to take sponge and soap wash his car, wash the lister generator every morning and his son will even tell me the gen still has oil stains! Never. I resigned and got a job with a smaller pay and was there till i gained admission, i became a better computer operator when i was leaving i could type 60 wpm. You should not trade your self esteem for money. Even if you earn 10k and you are fulfilled with what you are doing then you are better that way. 2. Don't let the fear of the unknown keep you from moving on. If you are good at what you do and you are confident of yourself, as bad as Nigeria is, your chance will come (its now left for you to nail it.) My advice to the guy is this, Plan your exit. At my former office, I should give a 1 month notice of resignation, i gave 3 months, and saved up enough money that will last me feeding for atleast 3 months, by sept. i stoped working, 3 months i search for a new job. January I started a new job with a better challenge and a better pay. Financially, am not better off but professional, i know what i ve acquired. So brother, follow your dream, don't be afraid of launching into the deep, its always better out there!

2 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by ekefre4(m): 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
naijainfogalery:
By the time you start your own business you will understand - Most people are just lazy, i wish we can also hear from his employer . That dude sounds lazy .
Might b true tho
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by olatricia(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2015
Hey Kelvin, got your point quite well. The truth is men are in sizes and life is in phases. Make sure you acquire as much as you can as human to get the best for yourself (nd perhaps your future family) before you become a family man and have more bills to pay (and please don't leave out the "G" factor) that way you create a buffer for yourself in future. I must confess, I don't think I can do same anymore now, not because am scared of losing my job or because of bills, but because I have a new strategy to quitting a distressing job. Also, in my writing, I said, "Plan your exit" so plan the exit. Another angle to that is, what if your employer says "Go Home" without giving u any prior notice, would life cease? That is why i say, even when your job is rossy, don't stop searching for alternatives. As per writing a professional resignation later, don't mind this guys on NL, they are just making threads. If you write that kinda of letter then you have burn the bridge before crossing.

kelvine:
You sound very enlightened and the presentation of your points challenges my philosophy. In many ways I am sure a lot of people here who seem to have a contrary opinion have their beliefs borne out of present day economic reality.

Resigning from a frustrating job is easy when you are young, single and have less bills to pick. Trust me being a family man even your wife will tell you to stay in the struggle till you get a better job. Yes, you may be good at what you do as a professional and bold enough to face the unknown but the harsh reality is that bills won't wait till your break through arrives. There are far too many gifted professionals broke and in huge debts.

You did excellently well planning your exit by pro-active savings and notification in lieu of resignation but it is not stated in this thread that the OP did same, that is the concern. Also in writing resignation letters it is unnecessary stating bitterly your frustrations while in service, he could have made his resignation simple.

Cant advice the OP, life has enough lessons for him as he has some more growing up to do.

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by kelvine(m): 8:47am On Jun 05, 2015
Please before I let you go, do you mind sharing the new strategy you just got in quitting a distressing job. Would be glad to learn from it.

olatricia:
Hey Kelvin, got your point quite well. The truth is men are in sizes and life is in phases. Make sure you acquire as much as you can as human to get the best for yourself (nd perhaps your future family) before you become a family man and have more bills to pay (and please don't leave out the "G" factor) that way you create a buffer for yourself in future. I must confess, I don't think I can do same anymore now, not because am scared of losing my job or because of bills, but because I have a new strategy to quitting a distressing job. Also, in my writing, I said, "Plan your exit" so plan the exit. Another angle to that is, what if your employer says "Go Home" without giving u any prior notice, would life cease? That is why i say, even when your job is rossy, don't stop searching for alternatives. As per writing a professional resignation later, don't mind this guys on NL, they are just making threads. If you write that kinda of letter then you have burn the bridge before crossing.

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by olatricia(m): 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
hahahahahaahaha, seriously, u don't wanna know. hahahahahaha

kelvine:
Please before I let you go, do you mind sharing the new strategy you just got in quitting a distressing job. Would be glad to learn from it.

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by InvertedHammer: 2:42am On Jun 06, 2015
Anextin:
Some people work in order to broaden their horizon, to get better at what they do, to become professionals or the next big thing. He was employed as an IT personnel not an administrative assistant or a personal assistant, in fact that is not even a secretary's job. He has his duties lined out for him and administrative wasn't part of it. Why turn him into an errand boy. It's not everyone who sits and take such, especially people who knows their worth. And believe me, the young nan did a good thing by resigning because in the next two years with such company he will even forget what IT means cos he will be far away from computer. .
/
If you don't like your job, resign.
But before you resign, make sure you have another one.
Simple.
If he resigns to go idle away at home, he will be worse off.
That's all.
/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call / Interview Invite With GM GLOBAL, Is It A Scam? Please Help / Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Programme 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.